PDA

View Full Version : I think I figured out Anti-Bush people

PhinPhan1227
06-28-2004, 12:29 PM
I was having a hard time reconciling the posts of those who hate Bush. In posts NOT related to Bush most of these individuals have come across as intelligent and incitefull. It's only when Bush is mentioned that they seem to go over the edge into wacky-dom. See, what I didn't understand was this...Bush HAS screwed up. Bush HAS made some VERY bad decisions. Bush HAS chosen some of the worst people to surround himself with. The moderate and unifying Bush of the Texas Governorship HAS become Right Wing and divisive in his Presidency. Christ, the man has GIVEN people ammunition to attack him with. What confused me is why people weren't sticking to these substantive points rather than going for crap like..."he has ties to the Bin Laden family", or "he attacked Iraq for oil money". People, stuff like this is crap. It defines crap. If you looked up crap at Dictionary.com, those comments and others like them would be there as examples of crap. I just couldn't understand why those who wanted Bush out didn't stick with the GOOD arguments for voting him out....and then it struck me...they're trying to make up for John Kerry. They're trying to raise emotion where none exists. They're stuck with the least inspiring 'leader' since Al Gore, and they're trying to INJECT some emotion where no emotion is forthcoming. If you want proof of this, just change some of the variables. John Kerry has a heart attack tomorrow and has to drop out. The DNC decides to nominate a Golden Retriever in his place. Would a SINGLE one of the Anti-Bush crowd care? Would they change their story? Would they change their vote? Or flip it around. Bush fixes everything that they have to complain about. Peace becomes absolute in Iraq and freedom thrives. The economy which is healthy and moving forward at a nice pace JUMPS ahead in another DotCom surge and unemplyoment falls to 1%. Bush says he doesn't care who gets married, and drugs shouldn't be a crime. Oh, and he fires everyone but Powell, and replaces them with Reagans staff. Same thing...would any of them NOW vote for Bush? I can't speak for those who ARE going to vote for Bush when I say I'd like a better alternative. Some think he's doing a great job and love him. Me, I'd give my pinky finger for a 3rd choice that had a chance of winning and was better than those offered. I'm voting for Bush because Kerry isn't a leader, he's a lawmaker. And when we are in a war we didn't start, we don't need a compromiser, we need a leader. So heres my plea...SHOW ME THAT KERRY IS A LEADER. Please, I beg of you...convince me that he would be willing and able to make tough decisions when it really mattered. Show me that he would be willing to lay it all on the line and then stick to that decision. Tell me why I should follow him, rather than just why I should walk away from Bush. Because when the storm is raging, any port is better than no port. Don't tell me to leave the one that's solid if not ideal, unless you've got an alternative. And please...for the love of GOD...give me an argument of substance. I know why I don't WANT to vote for Bush. Just for once tell me why I SHOULD vote for Kerry. Even if you don't want to take the time to respond...at least take a minute to think what you COULD say. Tell YOURSELF why you should vote FOR Kerry, and not AGAINST Bush. And if you can help me out...share that information with me. Believe me, I'd LOVE to have a good alternative.

Section126
06-28-2004, 12:44 PM
You should vote for Kerry because.....He went to Vietnam.

He also went to Vietnam.

Did you know he went to Vietnam?

He is a Vietnam veteran.

He served in Vietnam.

Bush is bad.

Bush is evil.

Bush is a terrorist.

there you go.

sarcasm/off

ThunderCane
06-28-2004, 01:13 PM
Now you are seeing the truth!:roflmao:

sarcasm still on :tongue:

PhinPhan1227
06-28-2004, 01:22 PM
Now you are seeing the truth!:roflmao:

sarcasm still on :tongue:

I'm dead serious man...help me out. Bush might lose this election because of the mistakes he's made which puts John Kerry at the helm for 4 years. PLEASE give me some reason to see that as anything but a disaster?

Section126
06-28-2004, 01:32 PM
I'm dead serious man...help me out. Bush might lose this election because of the mistakes he's made which puts John Kerry at the helm for 4 years. PLEASE give me some reason to see that as anything but a disaster?

There is no reason to vote for Kerry...none......you won't get one from these people anyway. They just hate Bush.

PhinPhan1227
06-28-2004, 01:46 PM
There is no reason to vote for Kerry...none......you won't get one from these people anyway. They just hate Bush.

I'm an eternal optimist. That and I'm scared silly of 4 years with Kerry. Seriously, if they can't come up with reasons to vote FOR someone, how can they vote?

ltfinfan
06-28-2004, 01:54 PM
its funny i haven't heard what kerry is gonna do. all i hear is what they say bush did wrong.

BigFinFan
06-28-2004, 03:01 PM
There is no way in hell that I would vote for John Kerry!

PhinPhan1227
06-28-2004, 04:08 PM
Sigh...see this is the problem. How is there not ONE single answer to this question from someone who is Pro-Kerry or Anti-Bush?

iceblizzard69
06-28-2004, 04:18 PM
I was having a hard time reconciling the posts of those who hate Bush. In posts NOT related to Bush most of these individuals have come across as intelligent and incitefull. It's only when Bush is mentioned that they seem to go over the edge into wacky-dom. See, what I didn't understand was this...Bush HAS screwed up. Bush HAS made some VERY bad decisions. Bush HAS chosen some of the worst people to surround himself with. The moderate and unifying Bush of the Texas Governorship HAS become Right Wing and divisive in his Presidency. Christ, the man has GIVEN people ammunition to attack him with. What confused me is why people weren't sticking to these substantive points rather than going for crap like..."he has ties to the Bin Laden family", or "he attacked Iraq for oil money". People, stuff like this is crap. It defines crap. If you looked up crap at Dictionary.com, those comments and others like them would be there as examples of crap. I just couldn't understand why those who wanted Bush out didn't stick with the GOOD arguments for voting him out....and then it struck me...they're trying to make up for John Kerry. They're trying to raise emotion where none exists. They're stuck with the least inspiring 'leader' since Al Gore, and they're trying to INJECT some emotion where no emotion is forthcoming. If you want proof of this, just change some of the variables. John Kerry has a heart attack tomorrow and has to drop out. The DNC decides to nominate a Golden Retriever in his place. Would a SINGLE one of the Anti-Bush crowd care? Would they change their story? Would they change their vote? Or flip it around. Bush fixes everything that they have to complain about. Peace becomes absolute in Iraq and freedom thrives. The economy which is healthy and moving forward at a nice pace JUMPS ahead in another DotCom surge and unemplyoment falls to 1%. Bush says he doesn't care who gets married, and drugs shouldn't be a crime. Oh, and he fires everyone but Powell, and replaces them with Reagans staff. Same thing...would any of them NOW vote for Bush? I can't speak for those who ARE going to vote for Bush when I say I'd like a better alternative. Some think he's doing a great job and love him. Me, I'd give my pinky finger for a 3rd choice that had a chance of winning and was better than those offered. I'm voting for Bush because Kerry isn't a leader, he's a lawmaker. And when we are in a war we didn't start, we don't need a compromiser, we need a leader. So heres my plea...SHOW ME THAT KERRY IS A LEADER. Please, I beg of you...convince me that he would be willing and able to make tough decisions when it really mattered. Show me that he would be willing to lay it all on the line and then stick to that decision. Tell me why I should follow him, rather than just why I should walk away from Bush. Because when the storm is raging, any port is better than no port. Don't tell me to leave the one that's solid if not ideal, unless you've got an alternative. And please...for the love of GOD...give me an argument of substance. I know why I don't WANT to vote for Bush. Just for once tell me why I SHOULD vote for Kerry. Even if you don't want to take the time to respond...at least take a minute to think what you COULD say. Tell YOURSELF why you should vote FOR Kerry, and not AGAINST Bush. And if you can help me out...share that information with me. Believe me, I'd LOVE to have a good alternative.

I'm not against Bush for the sake of being against Bush. I don't like him for many reasons, such as how he feels about social issues and the fact that he is too far to the right. You say he was more moderate as a governor, but as president he hasn't been, and that is why I don't want him to be re-elected. If Bush changed his stance on things like marriage and drugs, I would probably like him more. I'm not going to say he has done a horrible job on the economy since the economy is doing well. I do think his spending is a problem though, the national debt is growing at an alarming rate.

As for Kerry, I don't like him. I don't think he is a strong candidate at all and if I could vote I wouldn't vote for him. I would have rather have seen someone like Edwards go up against Bush instead of Kerry.

Both candidates suck, and it sucks that none of the third party candidates have a chance because the Republican and Democratic options are both bad ones.

Mr.Murder
06-28-2004, 04:28 PM
Kerry is an accomplished prosecutor, respect for law will help restore lost crediblity.
The closest bush ever came to a judge is expunged records...let us get someone who works the right side of the law.

Although putting his name on no bills Kerry did support others in the behind the scenes workings to help make bipartisan balanced budgets and it is obvious this needs to be done again.Functional leadership (not fluff point ceremonial grandstandings) makes for true leadership.

Kerry's state is ranked #1 in educational performance. Applied, action-based results instead of hot air ideas for privatization. Focus on what works to make upgrades work.

Kerry has one of the best environmental voting records, the impact of such on the exlpoding health care costs and the effects of overexpansion on flood plains/levee maintenance , along with a hotter drier summer of wildfires after emissions expansions in SOCAL showed people that there are still many issues to face. Ground water tables in the Mississippi valley are still being depleted and such issues will reach critical factors within a decade. There are a lot of new jobs to made, new technologies to be applied, and wiser conservative(not neocon) methods to be used in recycling and expenditures to address the land stewardship concerns.

Kerry's tax plan, minus that of Wes Clark is the most generous for the middle class. Expanding the purchase power of the consumer class is what leads to economy growth that will not be in danger of crash or rollbacks like the absurdly low-interest house of cards that Bush specualtion is pushing... we are once again a debtor nation, record amounts, in 3 year's time.

As for Bush, he is not friend of the bin laden family, just a business partner. One point four billion dollar's worth of buttered bread and daddy-boy's ring kissing lip service worth.Those are facts, if you cannot stand people stating it and continue a denial wall, there is one thing you lack.

Give away all you have and live for the Lord...

Neocons are the rich young rulers of their day. Unable to put selves into the betterment they wish to uphold in the name of higher standards.

So tell me this- decorated soldier, accomplished prosectuor, and long time senator are 3 things on his resume that pointed to his own ability and far outshadow anything Bush ever did with the help of dad and his business network, aside from trading away Sosa...

ltfinfan
06-28-2004, 05:15 PM
Kerry is an accomplished prosecutor, respect for law will help restore lost crediblity.
The closest bush ever came to a judge is expunged records...let us get someone who works the right side of the law.

Although putting his name on no bills Kerry did support others in the behind the scenes workings to help make bipartisan balanced budgets and it is obvious this needs to be done again.Functional leadership (not fluff point ceremonial grandstandings) makes for true leadership.

Kerry's state is ranked #1 in educational performance. Applied, action-based results instead of hot air ideas for privatization. Focus on what works to make upgrades work.

Kerry has one of the best environmental voting records, the impact of such on the exlpoding health care costs and the effects of overexpansion on flood plains/levee maintenance , along with a hotter drier summer of wildfires after emissions expansions in SOCAL showed people that there are still many issues to face. Ground water tables in the Mississippi valley are still being depleted and such issues will reach critical factors within a decade. There are a lot of new jobs to made, new technologies to be applied, and wiser conservative(not neocon) methods to be used in recycling and expenditures to address the land stewardship concerns.

Kerry's tax plan, minus that of Wes Clark is the most generous for the middle class. Expanding the purchase power of the consumer class is what leads to economy growth that will not be in danger of crash or rollbacks like the absurdly low-interest house of cards that Bush specualtion is pushing... we are once again a debtor nation, record amounts, in 3 year's time.

As for Bush, he is not friend of the bin laden family, just a business partner. One point four billion dollar's worth of buttered bread and daddy-boy's ring kissing lip service worth.Those are facts, if you cannot stand people stating it and continue a denial wall, there is one thing you lack.

Neocons are the rich young rulers of their day. Unable to put selves into the betterment they wish to uphold in the name of higher standards.

So tell me this- decorated soldier, accomplished prosectuor, and long time senator are 3 things on his resume that pointed to his own ability and far outshadow anything Bush ever did with the help of dad and his business network, aside from trading away Sosa...

so how long have you been working for kerry and when did he fax you these talking points?

PhinPhan1227
06-28-2004, 05:48 PM

Thank you Murder...I appreciate the effort. Some clarification however...

Being a lawyer is hardly a recomendation for President. Again, a lawyers goal is not to lead...a lawyers goal is to find a middle ground to get resolution. I have no doubt that Kerry has great negotiating skills. In time of peace, those would be GREAT assets. I'd like to see some evidence of leadership however.

He has never put his name on a Bill. That means he has never said...this is what I want to do...lets all do it. Instead he helped others with THEIR Bills. Nifty. Again, as a peacetime PResident, or a Cabinet member, great. As the guy at the top...not so much.

I've seen the details of his war record. What strikes me as more impactful is the fact that virtually every man he ever led refuses to support him. What does that say to you?

Again, thanks for the response, I do truly appreciate it.

Mr.Murder
06-28-2004, 06:37 PM
You answered the problem yourself. Kerry can negotiate.
He has a band of brothers, you are mistaken there. people who ranked the same and were competing for promotions perhpas? He left with shining evaluations. That the same person who praised him then criticizes now reeks of playing partisan...

1227 we are not at war now. Mission accomplished. Now that it is peacetime with iraq soveriengty accomplished Kerry can lead better than bush. Thanks for seeing the light!

ohall
06-28-2004, 07:28 PM
He has a band of brothers, you are mistaken there. people who ranked the same and were competing for promotions perhpas? He left with shining evaluations. That the same person who praised him then criticizes now reeks of playing partisan...

1227 we are not at war now. Mission accomplished. Now that it is peacetime with iraq soveriengty accomplished Kerry can lead better than bush. Thanks for seeing the light!

Tell me justwhat has he negotiated?

Oliver...

PhinPhan1227
06-28-2004, 08:15 PM

Really? What are their names? Kerry was an LT...the universal opinions of the enlisted men under him is that none of them are willing to support him. If you care to dispute that come up with the names.

The_Philster
06-28-2004, 08:32 PM
Both candidates suck, and it sucks that none of the third party candidates have a chance because the Republican and Democratic options are both bad ones.
As sad as it is, that's the exact reason why so many are voting for Kerry...just to keep Bush out of office. Anyone voting for a third party candidate will just be helping Bush stay in office. I'd personally love a third candidate to be strong enough to have a real chance.

iceblizzard69
06-28-2004, 09:23 PM
As sad as it is, that's the exact reason why so many are voting for Kerry...just to keep Bush out of office. Anyone voting for a third party candidate will just be helping Bush stay in office. I'd personally love a third candidate to be strong enough to have a real chance.

I live in New York so here it doesn't matter who you vote for because Kerry will win the state. I don't think that if I voted for Gary Nolan, I would be helping Bush out because Bush will not win here. It would be different if I lived in a swing state but a vote for a third party candidate here isn't helping Bush.

paul13
06-28-2004, 09:42 PM
I think Kerry is a very indecisive candidate if elected his true colors will shine brightly . Then we will all suffer for 4 years.

themole
06-28-2004, 10:41 PM
I'm an eternal optimist. That and I'm scared silly of 4 years with Kerry. Seriously, if they can't come up with reasons to vote FOR someone, how can they vote?

Thank god most of them aren't old enough!

paul13
06-29-2004, 01:14 AM
Thank god most of them aren't old enough!Im confused why you think your opinion means so much more just because you are older after all we live in America doesn’t every opinion count no matter how old you are.

PhinPhan1227
06-29-2004, 02:22 AM
Im confused why you think your opinion means so much more just because you are older after all we live in America doesn’t every opinion count no matter how old you are.

Legally? No it doesn't. My son is 11 months old. In his opinion, it would be a good idea if I would let him throw books in the toilet because they make a funny sound when they hit the water. 18 is certainly an arbitrary age, and I have met 16 year olds much smarter and wiser than some 40 year olds. But we have to set a limit somewhere.

themole
06-29-2004, 07:01 AM
Im confused why you think your opinion means so much more just because you are older after all we live in America doesn’t every opinion count no matter how old you are.

The fact that you are confused, only lends credence to my statement. :D

ltfinfan
06-29-2004, 12:36 PM

i was more of a democrat when i was younger but as i got older and gained more knowledge of the world i realized that my beliefs changed for the better

themole
06-29-2004, 12:45 PM
i was more of a democrat when i was younger but as i got older and gained more knowledge of the world i realized that my beliefs changed for the better

Yep...that happened to me in 1976. :D

PhinPhan1227
06-29-2004, 01:27 PM

Ever hear the Winston Churchill quote on that subject?

Section126
06-29-2004, 02:28 PM
Ever hear the Winston Churchill quote on that subject?

I would be glad to post it!! :tongue:

"If one is not a liberal before the age of 30, one has no heart. If one is still a liberal after the age of 30, one has no brain." - Winston Churchill.

themole
06-29-2004, 02:50 PM

"If one is not a liberal before the age of 30, one has no heart. If one is still a liberal after the age of 30, one has no brain." - Winston Churchill.

That's it 126! :D Where did you find it? I googled quotes by Churchill to no avail.

BigFinFan
06-29-2004, 03:16 PM
God help us all if Kerry gets elected!

P4E
06-29-2004, 03:39 PM

When I was 19 I was a registered Dem and trying very hard to embrace that party and the folks in it. I worked at that for about two years. I can tell you, the experience changed me. Since then I've worked on the staff of GOP governors, Senate Presidents, Assembly Speakers, managed GOP campaigns at the state and federal levels, worked for the NJ Republican State Committee, two GOP polling firms in DC and a conservative political action committee.:)

I found it especially interesting to see our friend Mr. Murder here explaining in a thread yesterday that 9/11 Commission Chairman Tom Kean's wife died in the Pentagon plane crash.:rolleyes: Tom and his lovely, living wife Debbie would be surprised to learn this. I served on his staff when he was Governor of NJ. Senior Counsel to the Commission, John Farmer, whom you've probably seen testifying before the commission has been a guest in my home. It's interesting to be watching these guys at the center of all that.

Section126
06-29-2004, 03:39 PM
That's it 126! :D Where did you find it? I googled quotes by Churchill to no avail.

I am a member of the "Rapid response Republican Thug attack machine." That John Kerry complained about. I called the basement in the White House and got my marching orders.

That and I also have a book of quotations that I copied onto my hardrive.. :tongue:

themole
06-29-2004, 03:41 PM
God help us all if Kerry gets elected!

If WJC, carried the One Worlders football to the goal line and fumbled. Then, Kerry, will IMO push it on in and score the knock out blow that all patriots have feared. That's how much the left winger scares me. We'll be well on our way to serfdom. Say goodby to the middleclass, the backbone of this nation. Say hello to the haves and the have nots. There will only be two classes. This is the man that was so ashamed of his heritage that he kept hidden his Jewish ancestry and claimed Irish. For what? VOTES in Irish Massachucsetts!

themole
06-29-2004, 03:51 PM
I am a member of the "Rapid response Republican Thug attack machine." That John Kerry complained about. I called the basement in the White House and got my marching orders.

That and I also have a book of quotations that I copied onto my hardrive.. :tongue:

Now this "Rapid response Republican Thug attack machine" is the one that counters "The Jack Booted Thugs" of the Clinton/ Reno era right? :up:

Aren't those "Checks and Balances" beautiful?

Section126
06-29-2004, 03:58 PM
Now this "Rapid response Republican Thug attack machine" is the one that counters "The Jack Booted Thugs" of the Clinton/ Reno era right? :up:

Aren't those "Checks and Balances" beautiful?

Yes Sir!

BTW, Mole, what is your VRWC member number? I am member number 1998-0126

paul13
06-30-2004, 12:50 AM
The fact that you are confused, only lends credence to my statement. :DNo the fact is I am 18 and a republican and I cant stand older people thinking there smarter than me just because they are older.

Clumpy
06-30-2004, 12:54 AM
No the fact is I am 18 and a republican and I cant stand older people thinking there smarter than me just because they are older.

You hate authority :mad:

:jk:

themole
06-30-2004, 01:29 AM
No the fact is I am 18 and a republican and I cant stand older people thinking there smarter than me just because they are older.

Sounds to me like you may have a future date with one of our state institutions with an attitude like that. :evil:

BTW, get used to it. It's a fact of life.

ohall
06-30-2004, 01:34 AM

I think it's a pretty well founded notion that with age comes wisdom. Obviously it's not a fact however wouldn't you agree when you are 10-years older you should be a wiser person?

Shoot the TWO of you are GREAT guys, we're on the same side, now stop arguing with each other! :D

Oliver...

themole
06-30-2004, 01:42 AM
I think it's a pretty well founded notion that with age comes wisdom. Obviously it's not a fact however wouldn't you agree when you are 10-years older you should be a wiser person?

Shoot the TWO of you are GREAT guys, we're on the same side, now stop arguing with each other! :D

Oliver...

It's all in fun Ollie. :up:

Section126
06-30-2004, 07:40 AM
Thou shall not speak ill of any fellow republican - R.W. Reagan

PhinPhan1227
06-30-2004, 10:50 AM
You hate authority :mad:

:jk:

Clumpy, you proudly display the Kerry flag...could YOU tell me why to vote FOR him, without referencing why to vote AGAINST Bush? Please...pretty please? Heck, if you do a good job I'll even think warm thoughts about the Bills!!

Mr.Murder
06-30-2004, 03:36 PM
Sorry if I have misnamed him and her. One of the people originally named the commission had his wife die on one of the planes, misnaming her was the result of reading a site. Thought it was the DC crash and it had a linkline on it...twas at a site bashing the movie but it seemed to have info to post counter-argument to. Am confusing her with another woman who called from the plane. Anyways it was the result of arguing trolldom elsewhere am sorry.

With your prominence to them perhaps you can explain how people with connection to a murder suspect were not properly questioned.It does not fit any procedural manner to date for homicide, especially one that had 3,000 victims.

It was nice to expand a VA hospital in NJ and close 4 or more around it. Pass word to them it is a great idea. Just that much farther for vets to travel to get care.

Thanks again for Bush for suppressing the commission and fighting it tooth and nail. Thanks also to the families who petitioned and protested and campaigned to get the commission going.

The men under Kerry were and are the band of brothers. More of them personally respond to him as a leader than do not. Perhaps you could explain why the guy who gave hima sterling Silver Star evaluation and is a republican now is a critic of his action then.

PhinPhan1227
06-30-2004, 03:44 PM
Sorry if I have misnamed him and her. One of the people originally named the commission had his wife die on one of the planes, misnaming her was the result of reading a site. Thought it was the DC crash and it had a linkline on it...twas at a site bashing the movie but it seemed to have info to post counter-argument to. Am confusing her with another woman who called from the plane. Anyways it was the result of arguing trolldom elsewhere am sorry.

With your prominence to them perhaps you can explain how people with connection to a murder suspect were not properly questioned.It does not fit any procedural manner to date for homicide, especially one that had 3,000 victims.

It was nice to expand a VA hospital in NJ and close 4 or more around it. Pass word to them it is a great idea. Just that much farther for vets to travel to get care.

Thanks again for Bush for suppressing the commission and fighting it tooth and nail. Thanks also to the families who petitioned and protested and campaigned to get the commission going.

The men under Kerry were and are the band of brothers. More of them personally respond to him as a leader than do not. Perhaps you could explain why the guy who gave hima sterling Silver Star evaluation and is a republican now is a critic of his action then.

Put up or shut up...lets see the names. LEts see the endorsements of those who served UNDER him. As for medals, when I was serving a cook recieved a bronze star for "upholding the morale of the troops". A bronze freaking star for serving food!! Kerry was connected to JFK before even stepping foot in Vietnam. If he needed a medal he was going to get a medal. What I want to know is why THOSE WHO SERVED UNDER HIM don't support him. Tell me that.

Mr.Murder
06-30-2004, 04:38 PM
It was ted Olson's wife Barbara. He resigned Solicitor general after the 9-11 commission conclusion of hearings. Initially he was supposed to make remarks for the White House in that capacity in this aside from his supreme court meetings.

I could not find the Thomas Keane quote you posted, assumed it was in here, am too busy responding other thread to find it WC, please relist the intial link for me... the site search did not show it.

As for you 1227. Let's see names of people who served under him as you said. You asked this of me and have not done so yourself.

t2thejz
06-30-2004, 04:42 PM
Some where in this forum this was a link to those names I believe

PhinPhan1227
06-30-2004, 04:42 PM
It was ted Olson's wife Barbara. He resigned Solicitor general after the 9-11 commission conclusion of hearings. Initially he was supposed to make remarks for the White House in that capacity in this aside from his supreme court meetings.

I could not find the Thomas Keane quote you posted, assumed it was in here, am too busy responding other thread to find it WC, please relist the intial link for me... the site search did not show it.

As for you 1227. Let's see names of people who served under him as you said. You asked this of me and have not done so yourself.

David Gardner has had some choice words about Kerry. He was the .50 gunner on Kerry's boat. The rest of those who served with Kerry admired him SO much that they got a cease and desist order to keep him from using their faces in a picture for his election campaign.

Mr.Murder
06-30-2004, 04:49 PM
http://www.detnews.com/2004/politics/0403/14/politics-90756.htm How's this for starters? I posted it here before but you did not reply to it... :cooldude: note- it is an Army soldier's testimony that earned his bronze star. not sloshing potatoes in a mess hall. Which anyone who would that and be courteous to your self deserved a ****in' medal.

Kerry's courage was noted past branches of service. THAT is bipartisan leadership when it counts. What was The Texas Souflee up to at the time???

There was guy who whose son died in nam and had left his senior present- a Chevelle Supersport, in the driveway. His dad never moved that car, broke his heart. It collected leaves and dust and rust. The car didn't move until he died. To think a smart young aptitude like his may have well been denied the opportunity to beocme an aviator so a flunkie underachiever like Bush could waffle his way out of even showing up and getting stripped of flight service is entirely sad considering Bush had the nerve to prance on a filght deck with Naval Wings on.

Uncommon valor vs. uncommon cowards.

Two tours and volunterring for the frontlines.

PhinPhan1227
06-30-2004, 05:05 PM
http://www.detnews.com/2004/politics/0403/14/politics-90756.htm How's this for starters? I posted it here before but you did not reply to it... :cooldude: note- it is an Army soldier's testimony that earned his bronze star. not sloshing potatoes in a mess hall. Which anyone who would that and be courteous to your self deserved a ****in' medal.

Kerry's courage was noted past branches of service. THAT is bipartisan leadership when it counts. What was The Texas Souflee up to at the time???

There was guy who whose son died in nam and had left his senior present- a Chevelle Supersport, in the driveway. His dad never moved that car, broke his heart. It collected leaves and dust and rust. The car didn't move until he died. To think a smart young aptitude like his may have well been denied the opportunity to beocme an aviator so a flunkie underachiever like Bush could waffle his way out of even showing up and getting stripped of flight service is entirely sad considering Bush had the nerve to prance on a filght deck with Naval Wings on.

Uncommon valor vs. uncommon cowards.

Two tours and volunterring for the frontlines.

Do you really want me to start posting links to ALL the sites who question Kerry's service and the awards he recieved? Rather than wasting bandwidth, do a google search and see how many sites you come up with. Bottom line, Vietnam Veterans in general are much happier with Bush who did nothing than Kerry who screwed them over.

Section126
06-30-2004, 05:18 PM
Do you really want me to start posting links to ALL the sites who question Kerry's service and the awards he recieved? Rather than wasting bandwidth, do a google search and see how many sites you come up with. Bottom line, Vietnam Veterans in general are much happier with Bush who did nothing than Kerry who screwed them over.

Not to mention the SUPERHUMAN feat Kerry pulled of getting THREE purple hearts without ever BLEEDING.

Explain that, Murder.

It is right there in his service record.

paul13
07-01-2004, 01:10 AM
Sounds to me like you may have a future date with one of our state institutions with an attitude like that. :evil:

BTW, get used to it. It's a fact of life.First of all I don’t have problem with authority I a have problem with you saying im going to be in a state institution screw you , you don’t know me and your sure as hell not smarter then me.

Mr.Murder
07-01-2004, 02:11 AM
Kerry got his first wound/purple heart on shore when he would take out sniper nest or emplacements and it taugh him a lesson- stay on the boat.They started going with Army soldiers on board and coordinating support fire and insertion/retrievals.

He got his second wound/purple heart on a run which included his most severe wound to one arm and he still subjected self to direct fire to get a soldier onboard who was a passenger on a capsized/exploded vessel.

His other wound was shrapnel which was hot enough to cauterize and limit bleeding, of which he treated away from the field of combat so temporary dressing and clotting occurred.

Really 126 it pales comparsion to the soufllee' from Texas who recieved no wounds in the Bars of Alabama of note.Kerry isn't superhuman, he is human. Anyone who listens to him talk knows that. Still he weighs the issues and thinks things through and puts more thoughs and efforts to his words, albeit with some syntax. If he was superhuman the bullets would bounce off he did recieve arm wounds and body wounds fortunately not severe.

Touchdowns are touchdowns in football. If you get one on the way out of bounds like a Chambers catch it still count six points. If you run it in like a Ricky Sledge on a lowered shoulder it still counts six. If you get it on a replay in Foxboro it still counts six. kerry has hit paydirt three times for the good ol' USA and you cannot take that off the scoreboard.
I know Nam vets who are much happier with Kerry when they compare the fact he volunteered for front line action to earn the right to speak out about the war. Bush skipped out- his equivalency/aptitude was not pilot material someone became ground fodder who was better suited to pilot and would not have skipped out when the supposedly obsolete jet was being used in ground support spotter roles and one had been downed in SEA when he magically requested transfer which was denied.

http://www.glcq.com/bush_at_arpc1.htm
Once again feel free to look. Redactions have been done out of procedural guidelines which constitutes federal offense at the hands of another Bush flunkie. Probably the one guy who claims to have been with him as his alibi and has since been promoted as director of Air National Guard.People admitted the person who got his records from Texas threw some material away.

Kerry's entire record has been made public for the war. bush's has not been obsreved in full.

And for the begging question of his wife's finance statements when she was married to a mogul and is heiress to an estate which has rigid structural procedure is completely irrelevant to the question at hand.

Trying to attack a lady's reputation when you are losing the argument on merit. Theresa is the saucy new Hilliary and speaks Portugese and is the most appealing first lady in terms of photogenic appeal and presence since Jackie.

Bore us with a Bush like Bard who was a teacher and has yet to make her husband pronounce in correct fashion. Or the other Bush who does not wish to bother her beautiful mind with the though of men and women dying in combat from this latest war.

Think we'll take a woman of means who still does a lot of charity with the heinz foundation and who did not outsource they instead expanded to new markets and employ at each of them to maintain market share and community presence like respectable business should ask of itself.

Ms. Kerry can speak for her own right in those matters. Senator Kerry is trying to spare the dialogue and really should not. He hinted enough about Bush and Cheney being free to talk with him any time they want about his service face to face and the invitation has been denied by the neocon chickenhawks.

themole
07-01-2004, 10:15 AM
First of all I don’t have problem with authority I a have problem with you saying im going to be in a state institution screw you , you don’t know me and your sure as hell not smarter then me.

Oh...I'm sorry. I mistook broken english for stupidity.

I do know you! I got to know you in less than 39 post. Please, join the Marine Corp. so that you might be rid of that "YOU' in only 16 short weeks. The real you still awaits you. I think there might be a good man in there, but right now it's just a boy.

George Bernard Shaw - “Youth is a wonderful thing. What a crime to waste it on children.”

Now, speak no more to me. :biggrin:

P4E
07-01-2004, 12:34 PM
mole and paul...

You're both entitled to your opinions here, but let's make them a little less personal and abrasive. Thanks :)

BigFinFan
07-01-2004, 01:20 PM
http://www.detnews.com/2004/politics/0403/14/politics-90756.htm

Let me quote part of your artice: "Kerry’s campaign organizers sought to capitalize on Rassmann’s timely emergence and arranged for the highly visible meeting"

Very smart on their part I will admit.

But, if Rassmann was so important to Kerry, why did it take Kerry OVER 30 YEARS to locate Rassmann?

Just curious!

:navy:

themole
07-01-2004, 01:35 PM
mole and paul...

You're both entitled to your opinions here, but let's make them a little less personal and abrasive. Thanks :)

:up: Sorry officer...I didn't see you hiding behind that tree.

5x5 with me P4E. I told Ollie in a previous post, I was just having a little fun with Paul. Never been personal with me. I was just checking his throttle limiter. :lol:

PAUL.... I love ya man! You sing praises for the Red White and Blue and you're a Dolphan. That counts for a lot. :salute:

PhinPhan1227
07-01-2004, 03:37 PM
mole and paul...

Don't forget George and Ringo...they were starting trouble too...something about Yoko...I didn't catch all of it... :cool:

BigFinFan
07-01-2004, 03:52 PM
:up: 5x5 with me P4E.

Wonder how many people know what 5x5 means.

P4E
07-01-2004, 04:00 PM
Wonder how many people know what 5x5 means.
One more than knew 2 minutes ago, but I hadda ask jeeves.:)

Section126
07-01-2004, 04:12 PM
Kerry is a fraud....in fact out of 15 directly under his command ONLY TWO support his run for the presidency!!!!

Get out of the woods with that Kerry is a war hero jazz.

themole
07-01-2004, 04:21 PM
One more than knew 2 minutes ago, but I hadda ask jeeves.:)

:rolleyes: Only reason you looked is because you thought you might have opportunity to through the flag at me! :eek: :roflmao:

QSL

themole
07-01-2004, 04:31 PM
Kerry is a fraud....in fact out of 15 directly under his command ONLY TWO support his run for the presidency!!!!

Get out of the woods with that Kerry is a war hero jazz.

And they are lying! Theys been a little down on theys luck lately, a few extra bucks sure helps out from time to time.

BigFinFan
07-01-2004, 05:51 PM
QSL - Very Nice

themole
07-01-2004, 06:27 PM
QSL - Very Nice

:D I was in the Armies Navy!

P4E
07-01-2004, 07:10 PM
:rolleyes: Only reason you looked is because you thought you might have opportunity to through the flag at me! :eek: :roflmao:

QSL
:roflmao:
Even though that avatar I use is pointing his finger at you all, I'm really not on a mission to yell at people.:)

But you guys gotta stop talking in code; -- I had to look up 5x5 and now you've made me look up QSL.

Right back at ya on the QSL.:)

themole
07-01-2004, 07:43 PM
:roflmao:
Even though that avatar I use is pointing his finger at you all, I'm really not on a mission to yell at people.:)

But you guys gotta stop talking in code; -- I had to look up 5x5 and now you've made me look up QSL.

Right back at ya on the QSL.:)

I should probably learn to use the spell checker and forget the code. :lol:

Mr.Murder
07-01-2004, 08:13 PM
Well the man is voting for Kerry and is a lifelong Republican. Nuff said.

So Kerry has 2 that recommend his serive of 15. Bush had 1 person of a base of over 700 even say they saw him and remember him being accounted for. And that person was made commander of the Air Guard by him.

2 of fifteen , one of 700 plus...

Guess what? Republicans sought him out too to speak out against John Kerry and guess what? He is voting for him.

BigFinFan
07-01-2004, 09:12 PM
Mr. Kerry was assigned to Swiftboat 44 on December 1, 1968. Within 24 hours, he had his first Purple Heart. Mr. Kerry accumulated three Purple Hearts in four months with not even a day of duty lost from wounds, according to his training officer. It's a pity one cannot read his Purple Heart medical treatment reports which have been withheld from the public. The only person preventing their release is Mr. Kerry.

By his own admission during those four months, Mr. Kerry continually kept ramming his Swiftboat onto an enemy-held shore on assorted occasions alone and with a few men, killing civilians and even a wounded enemy soldier. One can begin to appreciate Zumwalt's problem with Mr. Kerry as commander of an unarmored craft dependent upon speed of maneuver to keep it and its crew from being shot to pieces. Mr. Kerry now refers to those civilian deaths as "accidents of war. "And within four days of his third Purple Heart, Mr. Kerry applied to take advantage of a technicality which allowed him to request immediate transfer to a stateside post.

Mr.Murder
07-01-2004, 09:25 PM
His training officer was there and not training others?

One of his Purple Heart wounds was multiple to general area, he did miss action and the doctor who extracted the shrapnel has a sworn statement on his(JFK's) record.

paul13
07-02-2004, 12:23 AM
:up: Sorry officer...I didn't see you hiding behind that tree.

5x5 with me P4E. I told Ollie in a previous post, I was just having a little fun with Paul. Never been personal with me. I was just checking his throttle limiter. :lol:

PAUL.... I love ya man! You sing praises for the Red White and Blue and you're a Dolphan. That counts for a lot. :salute:Hey Mole were cool and I really thought about joining the Air force..

Section126
07-02-2004, 12:51 AM
His training officer was there and not training others?

One of his Purple Heart wounds was multiple to general area, he did miss action and the doctor who extracted the shrapnel has a sworn statement on his(JFK's) record.

Another lie.......Kerry never missed any duty and in fact the Doctor you refer too is probably the one that was quoted as saying that he gave Kerry a bandaid.

Get real Murder.

BigFinFan
07-02-2004, 01:52 AM
Another lie.......Kerry never missed any duty and in fact the Doctor you refer too is probably the one that was quoted as saying that he gave Kerry a bandaid.

Get real Murder.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Mr.Murder
07-02-2004, 03:37 AM
Nice to make fun of a purple heart. That's about as funny as Bush not finding WMD under the White House furniture at a banquet slideshow.

351,000 comedians outta jobs, you and Bush wanna be one. You've missed your calling.

rorschach
07-02-2004, 04:42 AM
How does it make any sense that the Right are mocking Kerry's Purple Hearts from Vietnam, while supporting a president who evaded deployment and may have been AWOL, and a VP who "had other priorities" at the time, but who now has no problem sending tens of thousands of young men and women into harm's way?

Clumpy
07-02-2004, 05:47 AM
How does it make any sense that the Right are mocking Kerry's Purple Hearts from Vietnam, while supporting a president who evaded deployment and may have been AWOL, and a VP who "had other priorities" at the time, but who now has no problem sending tens of thousands of young men and women into harm's way?

:up:

ltfinfan
07-02-2004, 08:48 AM
:shakeno:

Section126
07-02-2004, 09:15 AM

:rolleyes:

PhinPhan1227
07-02-2004, 10:27 AM

We're only doing what John Kerry wants us to be doing...after all, he gave his opinion of those medals when he threw them back at the government...oh...wait...those were other guys medals...I forgot.

BigFinFan
07-02-2004, 11:43 AM
Three Purple Hearts in a four month period and ZERO TIME OFF!

BigFinFan
07-02-2004, 12:13 PM
Nice to make fun of a purple heart. That's about as funny as Bush not finding WMD under the White House furniture at a banquet slideshow.

351,000 comedians outta jobs, you and Bush wanna be one. You've missed your calling.

Actually, I did not miss my calling.

I am defending freedom and fighting for America.

What have you ever done in your life that is worth while?

Mr.Murder
07-02-2004, 10:12 PM
Well thanks for serving. Worth is a relative term, nice to know you are the person whose approval I need to feel it. Have enough relatives of rank from the same branch who have done the same service you should thank them for giving you an opportunity to serve the same way. I could not get medical clearance and tried to join the Army whilst another relative was in the 101st his advice to me returning from central America was that I did not really miss out chances and should focus on other areas of life while young.

But since I do not meet your approval it must mean I'm not fit to be an American unless the Constitutional Amendment for hypocrisy you laud is just a figment of your imagination. Being past your white hat days don't let the rank go to your head old salt and unless you've got a Purple Heart(3 to be exact) to boot it doesn't appear you have room to judge Kerry by the same standards by which you judge me. But that would just be using the same set of standards across the board and that would not be consistent with 'starboard-is-port when Republicans say so' meme of commander flightsuit's followers.

Thanks for your service once more. :D San Diego is a wonderful community in its support of the military anyone I've known stationed there enjoyed it. Now Chargers fans are another story... :rolleyes:

BigFinFan
07-02-2004, 11:50 PM
Well thanks for serving. Worth is a relative term, nice to know you are the person whose approval I need to feel it. Have enough relatives of rank from the same branch who have done the same service you should thank them for giving you an opportunity to serve the same way. I could not get medical clearance and tried to join the Army whilst another relative was in the 101st his advice to me returning from central America was that I did not really miss out chances and should focus on other areas of life while young.

But since I do not meet your approval it must mean I'm not fit to be an American unless the Constitutional Amendment for hypocrisy you laud is just a figment of your imagination. Being past your white hat days don't let the rank go to your head old salt and unless you've got a Purple Heart(3 to be exact) to boot it doesn't appear you have room to judge Kerry by the same standards by which you judge me. But that would just be using the same set of standards across the board and that would not be consistent with 'starboard-is-port when Republicans say so' meme of commander flightsuit's followers.

Thanks for your service once more. :D San Diego is a wonderful community in its support of the military anyone I've known stationed there enjoyed it. Now Chargers fans are another story... :rolleyes:

If I want to thank anyone for allowing me to serve it will by my two grandfathers. One who earned a Silver Star in WWII for saving his platoon by blowing up a tank with his bazooka, and the other who was in Pearl Harbor during the bombing. My father-in-law, a great man who served on the USS Bon Homme Richard during Vietnam. My brother, a US Army Pilot who is currently flying rescue missions in Iraq. Along with countless others who have served, are serving and those that gave their lives for this wonderful country so that we could all be free!

Those men are true heros.

Maybe you didn't miss out, but I feel if I did not serve this wonderful country, I would have missed out!

Ask any Veteran about the unexplainable feeling that they get when they see such things as:

- Old Glory pass by during a parade
- Old Glory being mishandled or mistreated
- The National Anthem being played (ANYTIME)
- The tragic loss of life during war
- The smile on a young childs face as he/she watches Fireworks on July 4th.

I am not saying that anyone who has not or did not serve is any less of an American. I am saying that those of us that have served or are serving have a totally different feeling about America than those that have never donned the Uniform.

It is an honor to defend this wonderful country that we call home!

Clumpy
07-03-2004, 12:05 AM
If I want to thank anyone for allowing me to serve it will by my two grandfathers. One who earned a Silver Star in WWII for saving his platoon by blowing up a tank with his bazooka, and the other who was in Pearl Harbor during the bombing. My father-in-law, a great man who served on the USS Bon Homme Richard during Vietnam. My brother, a US Army Pilot who is currently flying rescue missions in Iraq. Along with countless others who have served, are serving and those that gave their lives for this wonderful country so that we could all be free!

Maybe you didn't miss out, but I feel if I did not serve this wonderful country, I would have missed out!

Ask any Veteran about the unexplainable feeling that they get when they see such things as:

I am not saying that anyone who has not or did not serve is any less of an American. I am saying that those of us that have served or are serving have a totally different feeling about America than those that have never donned the Uniform.

- This post makes me wanna :cry:

Well said :up:

The_Philster
07-03-2004, 06:16 AM
- This post makes me wanna :cry:

Well said :up:
ditto...former Air Force man myself :up:

PhinPhan1227
07-03-2004, 11:33 AM
Being past your white hat days don't let the rank go to your head old salt and unless you've got a Purple Heart(3 to be exact) to boot it doesn't appear you have room to judge Kerry by the same standards by which you judge me. :

That's rather funny...I had an old Master Sgt who said that the funny thing about a Purple Heart is that it's really a badge of failure...getting shot or wounded is NOT the mission. The mission is shooting, wounding and killing the other guy. He had two PH's himself, and said that since they were minor he kept expecting the Army to come after him for damaging government property.. :lol:

PhinPhan1227
07-03-2004, 11:37 AM

!

I agree with one exception. Ever have an a$$hole CO who had ALL FOUR VERSES of the National Anthem performed while you were standing at present arms? We had one CO who did it for the 4th of July. By the time the woman stopped singing 200 arms were visibly quivering because they had been saluting for something like 15-20 minutes...felt like 10 hours. I still get moved by the national anthem, but I'd be happy to never hear those other three verses ever again :lol:

themole
07-03-2004, 11:46 AM
That's rather funny...I had an old Master Sgt who said that the funny thing about a Purple Heart is that it's really a badge of failure...getting shot or wounded is NOT the mission. The mission is shooting, wounding and killing the other guy. He had two PH's himself, and said that since they were minor he kept expecting the Army to come after him for damaging government property.. :lol:

:roflmao: You got that right 12...just because they knew I was a Florida Boy, they were constantly threating me with Article 15s for sun burns. I NEVER burn!

themole
07-03-2004, 12:06 PM

To hear "America The Beautiful"...I :cry:

BigFinFan
07-03-2004, 12:49 PM
Did not mean to leave that one out Mole! For me, the list is quite long!

Mr.Murder
07-03-2004, 07:20 PM
That's rather funny...I had an old Master Sgt who said that the funny thing about a Purple Heart is that it's really a badge of failure...getting shot or wounded is NOT the mission. The mission is shooting, wounding and killing the other guy. He had two PH's himself, and said that since they were minor he kept expecting the Army to come after him for damaging government property.. 1227 post

Great story.

Shiloh, Civil War(Great-great). Panama canal and World War One(Grandfather). Korea (three uncles). Nam, Navy (three uncles,one killed in action and his brother-in-law flew back with his body helped provide honors and returned to fight, other corp. of engineers), Libya(Naval Mediterranean), Central America(101st), Kosovo, Iraq(two tours and stop-loss), Afghanistan (two).

Thanks for the contributions to Liberty Big Fin Fan. Have a great fourth all!