PDA

View Full Version : Who is your hero?

t2thejz
06-28-2004, 12:35 PM
Everyone has someone they look up too and they can call a hero. My hero is my grandfather. He was in the army and fought in the Vietnam war. During the war he lost a best friend and got shot in the knee, and got a finger shot off. Well he got to go home. Most men would of stayed home with their families. Well not my Pop. After his knee healed he went back to Vietnam as a helicopter pilot and was their until the war ended. Sure he could of stayed home with his family and he would still be considered a hero but he didnt fight for the fame. He fought for his country and the reason why he went back was for the love of his country. Later on in life he went on to work in the pentagon under Reagon and Bush. Now he is retired. I love going into his office and looking at his medals. He has four purple hearts, a silver star and the highest medal you can get being a pilot(not sure what it is called). He also has some other ones but I dont know what they are. The U.S. is the best country in the world because of men like my grandfather and I say we need more men like him. So who is your hero?

PhinPhan1227
06-28-2004, 01:28 PM
I don't know that I've got a specific hero. There are so many who have done so much. Of past historical figures I'd have to say Washington. If there's a single person worth knowing more about...it's him. In recent times, I'd say Pat Tillman. Heroism is about sacrifice, and he's a solid symbol of the sacrifice made by so many soldiers.

Section126
06-28-2004, 01:33 PM
Ronald Wilson Reagan.

superphin
06-28-2004, 06:22 PM
My mom raised 6 successful kids with very little help. No highschool diploma and came to this country knowing very very little english. Struggled most of her life and just keeps on fighting but now has all the comforts she deserves.Well one of my brothers did go to jail but 5 out of 6 aint bad.She is my hero and is everything to me.

ohall
06-28-2004, 07:34 PM
Everyone has someone they look up too and they can call a hero. My hero is my grandfather. He was in the army and fought in the Vietnam war. During the war he lost a best friend and got shot in the knee, and got a finger shot off. Well he got to go home. Most men would of stayed home with their families. Well not my Pop. After his knee healed he went back to Vietnam as a helicopter pilot and was their until the war ended. Sure he could of stayed home with his family and he would still be considered a hero but he didnt fight for the fame. He fought for his country and the reason why he went back was for the love of his country. Later on in life he went on to work in the pentagon under Reagon and Bush. Now he is retired. I love going into his office and looking at his medals. He has four purple hearts, a silver star and the highest medal you can get being a pilot(not sure what it is called). He also has some other ones but I dont know what they are. The U.S. is the best country in the world because of men like my grandfather and I say we need more men like him. So who is your hero?

My mother, she's the most decent, hard working person I've ever met.

Oliver...

paul13
06-29-2004, 01:39 AM
I don’t just have one hero but find my self having many heros. I look up to the people who influence me wether it be my parents or the soldiers fighting for the country.

burger13
06-30-2004, 04:24 PM
That 15 yr old kid who was banging his hot teacher ;)

t2thejz
06-30-2004, 04:44 PM
:lol: :lol:
That 15 yr old kid who was banging his hot teacher ;)

TerryTate
06-30-2004, 04:49 PM
Each and every firefighter, Police officer, and EMT/Paramedic that was on the scene of ground zero and inside the buildings trying to rescue people on September 11, 2001.