PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh

Super_Duper85
06-29-2004, 07:20 AM
My wife listened to Rush yesterday and told me he said Moore's movie was a pack of lies. I got a chuckle out of that because that is like the pot calling the kettle black. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

PhinPhan1227
06-29-2004, 10:16 AM
Pretty much...but at least Rush manages to not take himself entirely seriously. The man is so over the top that I think he must chuckle when anyone DOES take him completely seriously.

Section126
06-29-2004, 02:03 PM
Have any of you ever heard Rush Limbaugh?

PhinPhan1227
06-29-2004, 02:07 PM
Have any of you ever heard Rush Limbaugh?

I'm somewhat limited in the AM stations here in East Texas, but whenever there's no sports to listen to I catch an equal amount of Rush and NPR. Not much of either, just enough to know what the Left says about the Right and vice versa.

Section126
06-29-2004, 02:26 PM
You all do know that Rush has a web site and posts all his stuff on his site for all to verify.....guess what, he posts NEWS reports that verify everything he says.

Rush just has an over the top delivery, but says about 90% truths.

Michael Moore has an over the top delivery, but says about 90% lies.

PhinPhan1227
06-29-2004, 02:33 PM
You all do know that Rush has a web site and posts all his stuff on his site for all to verify.....guess what, he posts NEWS reports that verify everything he says.

Rush just has an over the top delivery, but says about 90% truths.

Michael Moore has an over the top delivery, but says about 90% lies.

I'd say that Moore is infinitely more annoying and obnoxious, but I wouldn't form an opinion based on wither of them. Moore doesn't "lie" more than a minimal amount, but he spins EVERY fact, and only presents his side of things. Rush does pretty much the same thing, but he'll occasionaly give credit to the other side when it's due and will also criticize the President. He's also more entertaining, and again, doesn't take himself quite so seriously. All that being said I'd still hold anyone who would form their outlook based on wither one of these men as an idiot. You just DON'T form an opinion of a player based on an assessment by his agent Drew Rosenhause. And the same holds true for these political agents.

Phinzone
06-29-2004, 03:43 PM
I listen to Rush. I don't let him make my opinion's however. He is over the top, but I'll be damned if sometimes he doesn't just tell it how it is. A few years back he was talking about a golf club. The men had a naked lady ice sculpture made with beer flowing from her....*ahem* crotch area. They had this in their locker room. Anyway, a wife heard a lot of yelling and laughing, so she peaked in to see what was going on and was agast to see the sculpture. She sued, yadda yadda yadda heads rolled. Moral of the story which Rush ssaid (and was right) was that if it was a GUY looking in a WOMEN"S locker room, it'd be sexual harassment lol.

But anyway, he doesn't lie, he just has very strong views. He can support 90% of what he says. He's offering a view on certain situations, though he is very right winged. Fun to listen to though. Just as long as you take him for what he is..a guy giving his opinion.

ohall
06-29-2004, 07:46 PM
I'm somewhat limited in the AM stations here in East Texas, but whenever there's no sports to listen to I catch an equal amount of Rush and NPR. Not much of either, just enough to know what the Left says about the Right and vice versa.

When did you move from Miami?

Texas huh?

Oliver...