PDA

View Full Version : Saddam tried to BUY URANIUM!!

Section126
06-29-2004, 06:08 PM
Another leftist lie exposed.

So, for those of you that did not support the war in Iraq.....I guess you were okay with Good Ole' Saddam with a Nuke....WERE YOU?

Saddam Tried to Buy Uranium
FPM/The Financial Times of London ^ | June 28, 2004 | Mark Huband

Illicit sales of uranium from Niger were being negotiated with five states including Iraq at least three years before the US-led invasion, senior European intelligence officials have told the Financial Times.

Intelligence officers learned between 1999 and 2001 that uranium smugglers planned to sell illicitly mined Nigerien uranium ore, or refined ore called yellow cake, to Iran, Libya, China, North Korea and Iraq.

These claims support the assertion made in the British government dossier on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programme in September 2002 that Iraq had sought to buy uranium from an African country, confirmed later as Niger. George W. Bush, US president, referred to the issue in his State of the Union address in January 2003.

The claim that the illicit export of uranium was under discussion was widely dismissed when letters referring to the sales - apparently sent by a Nigerien official to a senior official in Saddam Hussein's regime - were proved by the International Atomic Energy Agency to be forgeries. This embarrassed the US and led the administration to reverse its earlier claim.

But European intelligence officials have for the first time confirmed that information provided by human intelligence sources during an operation mounted in Europe and Africa produced sufficient evidence for them to believe that Niger was the centre of a clandestine international trade in uranium.

Officials said the fake documents, which emerged in October 2002 and have been traced to an Italian with a record for extortion and deception, added little to the picture gathered from human intelligence and were only given weight by the Bush administration.

According to a senior counter-proliferation official, meetings between Niger officials and would-be buyers from the five countries were held in several European countries, including Italy. Intelligence officers were convinced that the uranium would be smuggled from abandoned mines in Niger, thereby circumventing official export controls. "The sources were trustworthy. There were several sources, and they were reliable sources," an official involved in the European intelligence gathering operation said.

The UK government used the details in its Iraq weapons dossier, which it used to justify war with Iraq after concluding that it corresponded with other information it possessed, including evidence gathered by GCHQ, the UK eavesdropping centre, of a visit to Niger by an Iraqi official.

However, the European investigation suggested that it was the smugglers who were actively looking for markets, though it was unclear how far the deals had progressed and whether deliveries of uranium were made.

ohall
06-29-2004, 07:36 PM
Dude, he obviously just wanted his home made cookies to GLOW. You are so paranoid! :D

Oliver...

ohall
06-29-2004, 07:38 PM
S-126 do you have a LINK for this?

Oliver...

Section126
06-29-2004, 08:27 PM
S-126 do you have a LINK for this?

Oliver...

The link is a pay site, but the Newspaper is right there in the headline.

Mr.Murder
06-30-2004, 02:45 PM
And unnamed sources are reliable, look what it got us in Oilraq.

By the way yellowcake requires a lot of work and must be shipped in vast quantities and the Irasqis didn't even have the power capabilities to generate it nor the usable equipment deployed or staged and it would require storage somewhere under the most intrusive UN inspections/sanctions ever.

The English sources for unnamed yellowcake have once again revived their BS. Thanks for the lie from the Italian journalist. Nice to see Murdoch still trying pedal piss on the other side of the waters...

Section126
06-30-2004, 04:55 PM
And unnamed sources are reliable, look what it got us in Oilraq.

By the way yellowcake requires a lot of work and must be shipped in vast quantities and the Irasqis didn't even have the power capabilities to generate it nor the usable equipment deployed or staged and it would require storage somewhere under the most intrusive UN inspections/sanctions ever.

The English sources for unnamed yellowcake have once again revived their BS. Thanks for the lie from the Italian journalist. Nice to see Murdoch still trying pedal piss on the other side of the waters...

In denial?

Mr.Murder
06-30-2004, 05:00 PM
Just calling it like it is. Unnamed sources have panned out how many times in Bushco's reign so far??? Zero times. Every time they given numbers on anything, across the board, it has been called out and proven wrong.

Plame was the one who could verify such. Wilson said otherwise and was a former ambassador in the mideast. Nice to not take the words of the top expert in the CIA and her husband who had diplomatic channel contacts to verify.

Section126
06-30-2004, 05:16 PM
Just calling it like it is. Unnamed sources have panned out how many times in Bushco's reign so far??? Zero times. Every time they given numbers on anything, across the board, it has been called out and proven wrong.

Plame was the one who could verify such. Wilson said otherwise and was a former ambassador in the mideast. Nice to not take the words of the top expert in the CIA and her husband who had diplomatic channel contacts to verify.

What planet are you from?

ohall
06-30-2004, 06:37 PM
The link is a pay site, but the Newspaper is right there in the headline.

Thx S-126.

Oliver...

DolFan31
06-30-2004, 07:02 PM
Also many Republicans and the CIA have both come out before and said this was untrue.

Section126
06-30-2004, 07:18 PM
Also many Republicans and the CIA have both come out before and said this was untrue.

Stop making things up.....nobody said such a thing.

The CIA said that THEY had no confirmation because they do not have the assets to have the information. British Intelligence TO THIS DAY...says that it is true.

If you don't think that Saddam with all his Billions did not try to get Uranium...then your'e crazy.

Did you forget that if it wasn't for Israel bombing the Iraqi Nuclear reactor in 1981 that Iraq would have had Nukes by 1990? C'mon....use your head.

DolFan31
06-30-2004, 07:38 PM
Stop making things up.....nobody said such a thing.

The CIA said that THEY had no confirmation because they do not have the assets to have the information. British Intelligence TO THIS DAY...says that it is true.

If you don't think that Saddam with all his Billions did not try to get Uranium...then your'e crazy.

Did you forget that if it wasn't for Israel bombing the Iraqi Nuclear reactor in 1981 that Iraq would have had Nukes by 1990? C'mon....use your head.

We have uranium. China has uranium. Iran has uranium(which by the way supports terrorism, has had Americans held hostage before, and has a nuke program. But oh Saddam tried to get uranium. Why not go after the country that has the trifecta?). Just saying that you expect dictators to go by double standards. If aquiring and possesing uranium is a bad thing, why dont we all get rid of it?

Section126
06-30-2004, 07:47 PM
We have uranium. China has uranium. Iran has uranium(which by the way supports terrorism, has had Americans held hostage before, and has a nuke program. But oh Saddam tried to get uranium. Why not go after the country that has the trifecta?). Just saying that you expect dictators to go by double standards. If aquiring and possesing uranium is a bad thing, why dont we all get rid of it?

So you are against the war in Iraq but you want us to invade N.Korea, China, and Iran.

I don't get it.

Remember that this was a preemptive war. We were going in to prevent Saddam from becoming a nuclear power among many other reasons.

That argument is getting old, and is not a very sensible one at that.

DolFan31
06-30-2004, 07:53 PM
So you are against the war in Iraq but you want us to invade N.Korea, China, and Iran.

I don't get it.

Remember that this was a preemptive war. We were going in to prevent Saddam from becoming a nuclear power among many other reasons.

That argument is getting old, and is not a very sensible one at that.

Ok, fine, stop a guy from becoming a nuclear power, so we just ignore the ones who already are?

DolFan31
06-30-2004, 07:57 PM
Also, we didnt go to war to STOP him from getting uranium, we went to war cuz he HAD WMDs(at the time), but we havent found them.

Section126
Ok, fine, stop a guy from becoming a nuclear power, so we just ignore the ones who already are?

No, but you don't just invade Nuclear powers you know!!!!!!!!!!

They Nuke your ***!

Once somebody becomes a nuclear power, the military option for the US becomes very limited.

Section126
Also, we didnt go to war to STOP him from getting uranium, we went to war cuz he HAD WMDs(at the time), but we havent found them.

That was one of many reasons.

DolFan31
06-30-2004, 07:58 PM
No, but you don't just invade Nuclear powers you know!!!!!!!!!!

They Nuke your ***!

Once somebody becomes a nuclear power, the military option for the US becomes very limited.

But Saddam had WMDs!!! Not a nuclear power, but still dangerous!!

:rolleyes:

Section126
06-30-2004, 08:17 PM
But Saddam had WMDs!!! Not a nuclear power, but still dangerous!!

:rolleyes:

HUGE, MASSIVE, AND GARGANTUAN difference.

ohall
07-01-2004, 12:22 AM

None of those countries you mentioned have used WMD on their own ppl besides Iraq. Please remember as well the US had to physcially remove Saddam's troops from a country he invaded for no other reason than to control their oil supply.

As the world last world power we have the right to help decide which countries can or cannot have nuclear programs. You may not like this reality, but it's the way of the world.

Oliver...

Mr.Murder
07-01-2004, 12:34 AM
So let's stop from using WMD on people then use depleted uranium on the same people which is a contaminant and has made their infant mortality rate go up 800 percent. It will be worse since with the additional ordinance there.

Saddam was not a threat with the no fly zones. he was on the verge of being totally dearmed as Hans Bliz and Scot Ritter said.

He invaded Kuwait because they were stealing oil by slant drilling and using the extra oil to flood the market and drive their recession deeper.

P4E
07-01-2004, 04:28 AM
Saddam was not a threat with the no fly zones. he was on the verge of being totally dearmed as Hans Bliz and Scot Ritter said.

He invaded Kuwait because they were stealing oil by slant drilling and using the extra oil to flood the market and drive their recession deeper.
Scott Ritter accepted $400k from an Iraqi businessman and he was picked up twice as a pedophile trying to pick up 14 and 16 year old girls. You'd be hard pressed to find a more compromised and discredited source, -- but of course, you did:

You endorse Saddam Hussein's rationale for why he invaded Kuwait. Simply mind-numbing.

You are such a whole-hearted, unquestioning apologist for Saddam Hussein that you are fully qualified to replace Baghdad Bob as his communications director.

You know, you have a unique opportunity: you could go to Berkeley or Yale and spew this drivel and be embraced as the professor's pet. They'll get you a free ride and a doctorate. Go for it!

Section126
07-01-2004, 11:12 AM
So let's stop from using WMD on people then use depleted uranium on the same people which is a contaminant and has made their infant mortality rate go up 800 percent. It will be worse since with the additional ordinance there.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

t2thejz
07-01-2004, 11:19 AM

Ive seen libs disagree with going into Iraq but defending Saddam is really sad.

PhinPhan1227
07-01-2004, 11:26 AM

Oh DO kindly present the evidence for infant mortality rates shooting up 800% as a DIRECT result of depleted uranium slug use. I can't WAIT to see this!! What I also find funny is your oh so genuine regard for the welfare of the Iraqi people....while you are also willing to allow them to continue to starve to death under the UN sanctions even while the elite of Iraq were continuing to grow rich through black market oil sales. Very touching.

Mr.Murder
07-01-2004, 10:04 PM
Defending Saddam? That would be this man...http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/

You right jz defending Saddam would be sorry. Rumsfeld was his partner in crime for 2 decades...

And Scot Ritter is a former marine who served his country and the goebbels-like smear campaign against him did not work. Nice try there P4. What do you against Marines who served honorably? Oh and Hans Blix hans unquestionedcredibility and said there was no reason to invade that sanctions were very effective.

Mr.Murder
07-01-2004, 10:07 PM
Chevron and Exxon were the largest profiteers from Food for Oil in North America, Condie rice was the Chari of the former and on the latter's board at the time. Thanks for noting that the program was helping make her rich at the expense of the poor.

Mr.Murder
07-01-2004, 10:26 PM
Turning to Iraq, information is as usual slight, but not entirely lacking. A study by the London-based health organization MEDACT last November, scarcely mentioned in the US, gave a rough estimate of between 22,000-55,000 Iraqi dead, and also reported rising maternal mortality rates, near doubling of acute malnutrition, and an increase in water-borne diseases and vaccine-preventable diseases. "The most important thing that comes out of [the study] is that the data are not available," Dr. Victor Sidel commented. He is a noted US health authority, past president of International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War and an adviser to the study. Two months ago, a fact-finding mission by the Belgian NGO Medical Aid for the Third World found that even the devastating effects of the US-UK sanctions have not been overcome, including their veto of medicines, and that infant mortality is apparently increasing and general health declining because of deteriorating living conditions: lack of access to food, potable water, or medical aid and hospitals, and a sharp decline in purchasing power - largely the result of the remarkable failures of what should have been one of the easiest military occupations ever. "It has been one of the most extraordinary failures in history," the veteran British correspondent Patrick Cockburn observed, quite plausibly.

There are many factors contributing to that each a result of the warfare and especiall depleted uranium contamination...

P4E
07-01-2004, 11:36 PM
And Scot Ritter is a former marine who served his country and the goebbels-like smear campaign against him did not work. Nice try there P4. What do you against Marines who served honorably?Scott Ritter accepted a $400,000 payment from an Iraqi businessman to make a film supporting Iraqi positions on WMD. If you think this wasn't a bribe from the Saddam regime, ask yourself just how independent of the regime people were willing to act under Saddam. His status as a pedophile is incompatible with his status as an arms inspector if for no other reason than that it leaves him vulnerable to being compromised and forced to become a stooge for the entity he's supposed to be inspecting.

I take it child molestation is okay by you provided the person expresses anti-Bush positions?

And since you asked my sentiments about Marines who served honorably, I will tell you that I think about this quite a bit when visiting the grave of my father -- who was a Marine -- at Arlington National Cemetery. I trust you won't be petitioning to allow any child molesters to be buried there, since they are among your favorite patriots -- as long as they've voiced anti-Bush positions.

Or will you?

Section126
07-02-2004, 12:47 AM
Defending Saddam? That would be this man...http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/

You right jz defending Saddam would be sorry. Rumsfeld was his partner in crime for 2 decades...

Oh and Hans Blix hans unquestionedcredibility and said there was no reason to invade that sanctions were very effective.

Rumsfeld was Saddam's partner in crime.........Get back to the looney bin Murder.

Hans Blix was against the sanctions....so make something else up.

Do you even want to have any credibility Murder?

Mr.Murder
07-02-2004, 01:59 AM
Hans Blix, former chief of IAEA, said in an interview on Swedish radio in May, 2000, that the nuclear capacity of Iraq had been totally destroyed in 1998, and that its missile capacity had been destroyed to a sufficient degree to satisfy the criteria of the inspections. Hans Blix is not a "dove" regarding Iraq; he is in fact a strong advocate of sanctions, but he is not prepared to issue false information to support their maintenance at all costs.
http://www.transnational.org/features/2002/Lilburn_IraqPeaceEconomy.html

Take your credibility and go Cheney yourself with it 126.

I've sent an email to the mods c/o P4E hoping he recieves it as I was unable to send him a message while he is listed online he is now offline. It took a while to get the windows ready and send it and should he publish its thread content with his editing in entirety it will close my replies to this thread.

Thanks for accusing me of a lie without a link or quote to back it up 126.

P4E
07-02-2004, 03:16 AM
I've sent an email to the mods c/o P4E hoping he recieves it as I was unable to send him a message while he is listed online he is now offline. It took a while to get the windows ready and send it and should he publish its thread content with his editing in entirety it will close my replies to this thread.

Redrum,

I've checked all my inboxes and I don't have anything from you. Please re-send it to me here via PM if you can. I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for me to do, but just let me know.

P4E

Mr.Murder
07-02-2004, 03:21 AM
My messages were off and since upgrade I couldn't find the menu to change it. I emailed the contact me admins c/o of P4E and asked it be disclosed to you. I thought you were a mod and sent it while you were on by the time my message went through you were offline.

Email me (murdermeditation@yahoo.com) and I'll send response otherwise...

PhinPhan1227
07-02-2004, 10:38 AM

Still waiting for some facts to back this number up Murder...waiting....waiting....waiting.....

ohall
07-02-2004, 10:39 AM
Hans Blix, former chief of IAEA, said in an interview on Swedish radio in May, 2000, that the nuclear capacity of Iraq had been totally destroyed in 1998, and that its missile capacity had been destroyed to a sufficient degree to satisfy the criteria of the inspections. Hans Blix is not a "dove" regarding Iraq; he is in fact a strong advocate of sanctions, but he is not prepared to issue false information to support their maintenance at all costs.
http://www.transnational.org/features/2002/Lilburn_IraqPeaceEconomy.html

Take your credibility and go Cheney yourself with it 126.

Thanks for accusing me of a lie without a link or quote to back it up 126.

Hans Blix? You cannot be serious!

Oliver...

Mr.Murder
07-02-2004, 09:24 PM
Post #28 for you 1227, nice short term mem'ry for 'merikans...

PhinPhan1227
07-03-2004, 11:43 AM
Post #28 for you 1227, nice short term mem'ry for 'merikans...

Post a link Murder...or did you mean this drivvel?

"
Turning to Iraq, information is as usual slight, but not entirely lacking. A study by the London-based health organization MEDACT last November, scarcely mentioned in the US, gave a rough estimate of between 22,000-55,000 Iraqi dead, and also reported rising maternal mortality rates, near doubling of acute malnutrition, and an increase in water-borne diseases and vaccine-preventable diseases. "The most important thing that comes out of [the study] is that the data are not available," Dr. Victor Sidel commented. He is a noted US health authority, past president of International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War and an adviser to the study. Two months ago, a fact-finding mission by the Belgian NGO Medical Aid for the Third World found that even the devastating effects of the US-UK sanctions have not been overcome, including their veto of medicines, and that infant mortality is apparently increasing and general health declining because of deteriorating living conditions: lack of access to food, potable water, or medical aid and hospitals, and a sharp decline in purchasing power - largely the result of the remarkable failures of what should have been one of the easiest military occupations ever. "It has been one of the most extraordinary failures in history," the veteran British correspondent Patrick Cockburn observed, quite plausibly."

Not one mention of depleted uranium...actually, littel to no facts of any sort.