PDA

View Full Version : Ironic, F911 owes its success in part to its critics.

Kamikaze
06-29-2004, 09:18 PM
For that Michael Moore is probably thanking each and every person who is criticising the film. You're helping to make him a very, very, very rich man. However, before I can readily accept any criticism about the film from anyone here, you will have to go see the movie for yourself. Then, you can both make F911 even more successful, and perhaps formulate opinions based on what you have seen, not what you're hearing from other people.

Section126
06-29-2004, 09:33 PM
For that Michael Moore is probably thanking each and every person who is criticising the film. You're helping to make him a very, very, very rich man. However, before I can readily accept any criticism about the film from anyone here, you will have to go see the movie for yourself. Then, you can both make F911 even more successful, and perhaps formulate opinions based on what you have seen, not what you're hearing from other people.

I don't have to look back in the toilet bowl after I use it to confirm that it indeed is a turd.

The only people that have driven this film's "success" has been the National Media giving it constant hype. That's it.

Did you know that Spiderman 2 spent 45 million in advertising and recieved around 45 hours of publicity from "free" media?

F.U.911 spent 4 million in advertising and has recieved around 320 hours of publicity from "free" media?

The idiots that wanted to ban the film didn't help either.

I will make it a point to watch a bootleg copy to piss MM off.

themole
06-29-2004, 11:06 PM

Commiekazi...nice try. I'll not send one red cent to this blathering anti American idiot. DRAGIM!

ohall
06-30-2004, 01:00 AM

That and it was a very weak movie weekend. I'm sure most of these ppl that attended his so called documentary cancelled a lot of anti-war rallies to attend this anti-war rally movie. Anarchy at it's finest.

I do however agree with you the controversy more than helped his anti-war anti-American movie. Don't think for one second he didn't know what buttons to push to get that reaction. More power to him. I hope he enjoys his $ that he made off of lies. He has become the very thing he says he hates.

Oliver...

Mr.Murder
06-30-2004, 02:56 PM
Really you ladies should lighten up and see it. The guy who got his start asking why the GM fatcats sold off jobs while having icesculpture dinners on polo lawns made a direct connect that the corporate types were living out of touch with the towns that helped build their products and make them rich.

So if taking a **** is that personal to you 126 how is it you know what moore's movie is like? Did he really crawl out yer *** or are you just using that as a sly metaphor? Please elaborate, otherwise this fan will have misunderestimated your level tautology in terming others as the intellectual equaivalent of a bushism.

You must look at Moore's town, lost jobs in the global selloff and then the community is overrun by crimes facilitated by handguns... Roger and Me and Columbine are relevant to what his community has dealt with.

He has also toned his method and let the story tell itself more so through the lives of people directly involved with the war.

That is why neocons bash it. The media has been a complicit accomplice as well so the talking heads are trying to be damage control as well.

Letting people tell their story of loss over this is something we should all be against. You just keep on hating, he's numero uno and so are the Dixie Chicks.

Burn records and DVD all you want. Fascist blowhards.

PhinPhan1227
06-30-2004, 03:25 PM
Really you ladies should lighten up and see it. The guy who got his start asking why the GM fatcats sold off jobs while having icesculpture dinners on polo lawns made a direct connect that the corporate types were living out of touch with the towns that helped build their products and make them rich.

So if taking a **** is that personal to you 126 how is it you know what moore's movie is like? Did he really crawl out yer *** or are you just using that as a sly metaphor? Please elaborate, otherwise this fan will have misunderestimated your level tautology in terming others as the intellectual equaivalent of a bushism.

You must look at Moore's town, lost jobs in the global selloff and then the community is overrun by crimes facilitated by handguns... Roger and Me and Columbine are relevant to what his community has dealt with.

He has also toned his method and let the story tell itself more so through the lives of people directly involved with the war.

That is why neocons bash it. The media has been a complicit accomplice as well so the talking heads are trying to be damage control as well.

Letting people tell their story of loss over this is something we should all be against. You just keep on hating, he's numero uno and so are the Dixie Chicks.

If the film is just about "telling the story", why didn't Moore include any letters from soldiers proud to be in Iraq? Why didn't he include any parents who were proud of their childs sacrifice? Those people DO exist, in numbers just as large if not larger than the disaffected segment Moore shows. If Moore made ANY attempt to produce a balanced movie, I would go see it. But I have no need to see a propaganda flick.

Mr.Murder
06-30-2004, 04:12 PM
Actually the woman whom he featured was supporting the war and proud of her son. She is still proud of her son. You cannot take that away from her, thanks for trying to without seeing the show for yourself...

PhinPhan1227
06-30-2004, 04:28 PM
Actually the woman whom he featured was supporting the war and proud of her son. She is still proud of her son. You cannot take that away from her, thanks for trying to without seeing the show for yourself...

That's not how it has been related to me by those who saw the film. Of COURSE she is still proud of her son, but as I heard it she is not singing the praises of us being there. Or that her son died for a good cause.

Section126
06-30-2004, 05:08 PM

Did you know that his WIFE said that her husband would have never wanted to have his name associated with ANY ant-war statement? She also elaborated that he had told her that his mother hated Bush, and that he had voted for him because he felt that Democrats didn't care about the military. His wife basicaly thinks his mother is full of it.

Did you also know that woman is a lifelong democrat that has seen the movie 3 times already, (odd, if her statement of "It is painful for me to watch.") and has been to 9 premiers with Jabba the film maker?

She sounds like a publicity hound to me.

ohall
06-30-2004, 06:39 PM

I will not spend .1 cent and he will not get .1 cent from me for making this movie. As far as I'm concerned he's nothing but an anti-war anti-American scumbag.

Oliver...

Mr.Murder
07-01-2004, 01:15 AM
She is a Flint native, was intially supportive of the war as well.
Anti-war becomes anti-American?

Pro-Bush is pro-empire. America was against colonialism.

Nice to know she is using her son's death to become a publicility hound. You have such moral authority and insight.

You're no better than the hag who told her she was a fake and staged the scene in front of the White House. You got a lotta nerve 126. She has every right to view that film and the heroism her son embodies.

1227 she knew her son was there for a good cause personally. It doesn't change the fact Cheneyburton lied to get us there and has misappropriated funds there (impeachable offense) and publicly lied multiple times about being involved with current deals for that company as the pentagon pointed out. Why did Cheney lie about it?

Even if the leadership makes bad decisions the soldiers of our armed forces can always rise to the occasion and find ways to raise the standards of service as representatives of our Flag and Country. That is not in doubt. That their capable energies are endangered by brash profiteers is something they expect us as loyal citizens to prevent while they defend the right to allow us that privilige.

Democracy is not a one way street. Soldiers expect us to keep up our end of the bargain and choose wise leaders who honor the Constitution and never ask them to go into harm's way without it being an immediate necessity.

Michael asks that question during the film- "Will they ever forgive us?"

The press did not honor its end of the bargain as a watchdog on behalf of the public in the push for war.

Let's show some Clinton quotes from information they had in 98 and note its past tense language and Bush's present tense use of it despite UN inspectors saying otherwise.

Thankls for 2 cents worth ollie... your one red cent can stay in your pocket. Moore is not about money he's about message you have yet to figure that out, no problem.

Section126
07-01-2004, 10:45 AM
She is a Flint native, was intially supportive of the war as well.
Anti-war becomes anti-American?

Pro-Bush is pro-empire. America was against colonialism.

Nice to know she is using her son's death to become a publicility hound. You have such moral authority and insight.

You're no better than the hag who told her she was a fake and staged the scene in front of the White House. You got a lotta nerve 126. She has every right to view that film and the heroism her son embodies.

1227 she knew her son was there for a good cause personally. It doesn't change the fact Cheneyburton lied to get us there and has misappropriated funds there (impeachable offense) and publicly lied multiple times about being involved with current deals for that company as the pentagon pointed out. Why did Cheney lie about it?

Even if the leadership makes bad decisions the soldiers of our armed forces can always rise to the occasion and find ways to raise the standards of service as representatives of our Flag and Country. That is not in doubt. That their capable energies are endangered by brash profiteers is something they expect us as loyal citizens to prevent while they defend the right to allow us that privilige.

Democracy is not a one way street. Soldiers expect us to keep up our end of the bargain and choose wise leaders who honor the Constitution and never ask them to go into harm's way without it being an immediate necessity.

Michael asks that question during the film- "Will they ever forgive us?"

The press did not honor its end of the bargain as a watchdog on behalf of the public in the push for war.

Let's show some Clinton quotes from information they had in 98 and note its past tense language and Bush's present tense use of it despite UN inspectors saying otherwise.

Thankls for 2 cents worth ollie... your one red cent can stay in your pocket. Moore is not about money he's about message you have yet to figure that out, no problem.

You are blind. It is not worth debating anybody as blind as you are on anything to do with anybody with a (R) before there name.