PDA

View Full Version : Florida Releases Voter Purge List

DolFan31
07-03-2004, 02:59 PM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/auto/epaper/editions/saturday/news_046ee14692d170580045.html

Most of whom made the list were Democrats. :eek:

PhinPhan1227
07-03-2004, 11:57 PM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/auto/epaper/editions/saturday/news_046ee14692d170580045.html

Most of whom made the list were Democrats. :eek:

Dude...WERE does it say that most on the list were democrats?

DolFan31
07-05-2004, 12:36 AM
Dude...WERE does it say that most on the list were democrats?

Well I saw the story originally in the Sun Sentinel which had the numbers, I wasnt sure if this one does..guess not..well the article in the sun sentinel was archived by then and Id have to pay. But about 2/3s were Democrats. This is just like 2000.

P4E
07-05-2004, 03:07 AM
Well I saw the story originally in the Sun Sentinel which had the numbers, I wasnt sure if this one does..guess not..well the article in the sun sentinel was archived by then and Id have to pay. But about 2/3s were Democrats. This is just like 2000.
So which does this mean...

Is it that felons are far more likely to be Democrats?

or

Is it that the Democrat felons are the ones most likely to try to vote illegally?

:)

ohall
07-05-2004, 06:04 AM
So which does this mean...

Is it that felons are far more likely to be Democrats?

or

Is it that the Democrat felons are the ones most likely to try to vote illegally?

:)

Both?

Oliver...

PhinPhan1227
07-05-2004, 11:10 AM

Sun Sentinel Archives aren't a pay site...it's a free registration. I went and found the article and this was the statistic you were looking at,

"Of the 47,763 on the list, 28,025 are Democrats and 9,521 are Republican. Non-Hispanic whites accounted for 24,197, while non-Hispanic blacks numbered 22,084. Only 61 listed voters across the state identified themselves on their voter registration forms as Hispanic."

A little over half the list are Democrats. And about a third of the names, 15,466, are from Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties, which are HEAVILY Democrat. Bottom line, of 47,763 names, 28,025 are Democrat, and 19,738 are not. So the list is about 3/5ths Democrat. I haven't looked up the statistics, but I'd be willing to guess that the percentage of felons is roughly 3/5ths democrat as well. The Democratic Party tries to get the support of the lowest economic bracket, and that's also where the most crime takes place.

DolFan31
07-05-2004, 01:09 PM
But some of those people havent commited a crime in years. Did you read the whole article?

PhinPhan1227
07-05-2004, 01:16 PM
Yes. But the fact remains that the percentage of Democrats is higher among the poor. And if you look at lists of those who HAVE commited felonies, it is going to include a higher percentage of poor people. So the LIST is going to include a higher percantage of Democrats. That's just a simple statistical fact. Now, the stats we DON'T know are the makeup numbers of those who were incorrectly put on the list. The list itself SHOULD be mostly democrat, and the list of errors should follow the same 3/5ths percentage. Now, if they said that 4/5ths or more of those who were MISTAKENLY on the list were democrats, I would say you have reason to cry foul. As for people who haven't commited a crime in years...who cares? A felon should lose his right to vote...period. Who cares if he shot someone 10 months ago or 10 years ago?

DolFan31
07-05-2004, 01:17 PM
What if he turned himself around and became a productive citizen(like your President who used to drive drunk and couldve killed someone)?

PhinPhan1227
07-05-2004, 01:25 PM
What if he turned himself around and became a productive citizen(like your President who used to drive drunk and couldve killed someone)?

#1-He's your President too...that's how our society works. I didn't like Clinton, especially when I was in the service, but he was my President and CIC. Again, that's the Constitution. Accept it, try to change it or feel free to leave, those are your choices.

#2-Unless he DID kill someone, that wasn't a fellony in most states. If he HAD killed someone than I don't care if he turns himself around. He can go ahead and make a nice life for himself but he shouldn't be allowed to vote. He has DEMONSTRATED sufficiently bad judgement that he doesn't need to be involved in the process of choosing the PResident.

ohall
07-05-2004, 06:00 PM

Could have killed someone? This like saying anyone who owns a gun should go to prison because they may kill someone.

FYI he's your President as well. IMO you shouldn't put down the office of President just because you don't like the man who is currently President.

Oliver...

DolFan31
07-06-2004, 10:31 AM
Actually Al Gore is my president. Bush is a President we didnt elect. If you didnt see the obvious robbing of the 2000 election you must be blind or gullible.

Section126
07-06-2004, 10:36 AM
Actually Al Gore is my president. Bush is a President we didnt elect. If you didnt see the obvious robbing of the 2000 election you must be blind or gullible.

:googly: :crazy:

PhinPhan1227
07-06-2004, 11:56 AM

Quick quiz...what seperates America from every other nation on the planet? The answer is its laws. And the laws of America say that Bush is YOUR President. The Constitution says that Bush is your President. If you deny that then you deny the Constitution. And while it's ok to try and change the Constitution, it's NOT ok to deny it. This is the ONE isntance where I will tell someone that they should leave the country if that's there attitude. I don't care if someone burns the flag. I don't care if they curse our soldiers. I don't care if they declare that this way of life is evil and should be changed. All of those things are among the rights of every American. But outright denial of the Constitution. Outright OPPOSITION of the Constitution is NOT your right as an American. If you declare that Al Gore is your President, than you are guilty of sedition and treason as defined by the US Constitution and you are a criminal. Congratulations.

DolFan31
07-06-2004, 07:03 PM
Quick quiz...what seperates America from every other nation on the planet? The answer is its laws. And the laws of America say that Bush is YOUR President. The Constitution says that Bush is your President. If you deny that then you deny the Constitution. And while it's ok to try and change the Constitution, it's NOT ok to deny it. This is the ONE isntance where I will tell someone that they should leave the country if that's there attitude. I don't care if someone burns the flag. I don't care if they curse our soldiers. I don't care if they declare that this way of life is evil and should be changed. All of those things are among the rights of every American. But outright denial of the Constitution. Outright OPPOSITION of the Constitution is NOT your right as an American. If you declare that Al Gore is your President, than you are guilty of sedition and treason as defined by the US Constitution and you are a criminal. Congratulations.

The people elected Al Gore, The Supreme Court selected George W. Bush. Talk about unconstitutional. So you're saying its not alright if I say my president is the one the American people chose, but its ok to accept the one the Supreme Court chose for me? Im defending the constitution, not denying it. Denying the consitution is going against the will of the people.

Section126
07-06-2004, 07:09 PM
The people elected Al Gore, The Supreme Court selected George W. Bush. Talk about unconstitutional. So you're saying its not alright if I say my president is the one the American people chose, but its ok to accept the one the Supreme Court chose for me? Im defending the constitution, not denying it. Denying the consitution is going against the will of the people.

Are you that dense?

Bush won the electoral college. Period.

As for the supreme court....I guess you would have rather had the Florida Supreme Court steal the election outright.

Get outta here with that Gore won crap....it makes you sound demented, stupid, or just insane.

DolFan31
07-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Are you that dense?

As for the supreme court....I guess you would have rather had the Florida Supreme Court steal the election outright.

Get outta here with that Gore won crap....it makes you sound demented, stupid, or just insane.

Because I speak the truth?

Section126
07-06-2004, 07:15 PM
Because I speak the truth?

C'mon 31, that is rubber room stuff.....stop it already.

ohall
07-06-2004, 07:24 PM

Not one recount in Florida showed that Gore won. You can run away from reality as long as you like, it's not like I care.

Bush is still your President, and if you disrespect the office President you do yourself a presonal dis-service.

Oliver...

ohall
07-06-2004, 07:25 PM

This country has never elected a President based on the popular vote. Keep running away from reality. It will hit you once again in November.

Oliver...

themole
07-06-2004, 07:44 PM
Are you that dense?

:roflmao:

PhinPhan1227
07-06-2004, 09:55 PM

What are you, 12? Have you taken a Civics course yet? The Constitution is INSANELY clear about how a President is elected. And if it were mathematically possible to win only 10% of the popular vote but still win the Electoral College vote, you would STILL be President. FYI...we don't live in a direct Democracy...never have, never will. The CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES declares Bush President. The Supremes didn't appoint anyone, they just told Florida to get the vote done by a certain date...THAT'S ALL THEY DID. And it's not me that's saying it's not alright to declare Gore your President, it's again, the law of the land. That's sedition in it's purest form. So my advice would be to READ the Constitution, as it pertains to election of the PResident...it's VERY clear. And secondly, stop making declarations of sedition and rebelion against the lawful government of the United States.

DolFan31
07-06-2004, 10:22 PM
What are you, 12? Have you taken a Civics course yet? The Constitution is INSANELY clear about how a President is elected. And if it were mathematically possible to win only 10% of the popular vote but still win the Electoral College vote, you would STILL be President. FYI...we don't live in a direct Democracy...never have, never will. The CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES declares Bush President. The Supremes didn't appoint anyone, they just told Florida to get the vote done by a certain date...THAT'S ALL THEY DID. And it's not me that's saying it's not alright to declare Gore your President, it's again, the law of the land. That's sedition in it's purest form. So my advice would be to READ the Constitution, as it pertains to election of the PResident...it's VERY clear. And secondly, stop making declarations of sedition and rebelion against the lawful government of the United States.

:roflmao:

DolFan31
07-06-2004, 10:49 PM
I was just thinking about how many buckets Ill need to gather up all that foam coming out of your mouth.

themole
07-06-2004, 11:36 PM
I was just thinking about how many buckets Ill need to gather up all that foam coming out of your mouth.

An uninformed voter is just as dangerous to liberty, as a five year old with a loaded pistol is to life and limb.

Take 1227s advice and learn for yourself, you are just parroting what you here down at the propaganda parlor right now.

BTW...that foam is frothing in wisdom and education. Partake of it! It will make you feel GOOOD.

Phinzone
07-07-2004, 01:44 AM

It's this kind of ignorance that just blows me away. THIS is the problem with America. Idiots like this get to vote!

You see, I don't care that Michael moore makes his retarded movies, lies like hell, and is as biased as hell. The PROBLEM is idiots go and see his movies and BELIEVE his crap. Had this conversation this weekend wtih a relative. He loved the movie, he's a diehard democrat nothing I would say would change his mind. We debated the movie based on his merits. He saw it for ****s and giggles because he found it amusing. But we have a slew of boneheaded citizens that abuse their right to an opinion by believe his trife.

The SAME thing applies to stupid assed comments like this! EVERYONE ABOVE THE THIRD GRADE KNOWS THAT THE UNITED STATES USES THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE. INSTEAD OF BITCHING ABOUT HOW STUPID BUSH IS AND HOW HE'S NOT THE PRESIDENT, WOULDN'T YOUR TIME BE BETTER SPENT TELLING GORE HE'S A DUMBASS FOR NOT CAMPIANING LIKE HE SHOULD? The electoral DID it's job in the last election. Gore neglected the SE and lost damn near every state in the region. HIS fault. That's right, the person who you deem as the rightful president was too ****ing dumb to understand how the job he was running for was elected.

Buddy, let me tell you something.....It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a foot, than to open it up and remove all doubt.

PhinPhan1227
07-07-2004, 11:21 AM

Sorry, but the fact that people died to protect the rights of those that choose to wallow in ignorance while exercising those rights just bugs me a little bit.

ohall
07-07-2004, 11:27 AM

Oh by the way, I think don't think someone who can't even win his own home state should ever be President. Using your logic, my excuse is just as relevant as yours!

Just in case you didn't know your buddy Al Gore didn't win his home state of Tennesse.

Oliver...

DolFan31
07-07-2004, 12:23 PM
Oh by the way, I think don't think someone who can't even win his own home state should ever be President. Using your logic, my excuse is just as relevant as yours!

Just in case you didn't know your buddy Al Gore didn't win his home state of Tennesse.

Oliver...

Well ill be fair and said Gore didnt win the election by a bigger margarin was partly because of him. He appeared to have no character, no big plans, no new ideas, but yet he was labeled as an ultra-liberal(which was a "dirty word" despite the source that labeled it dirty were self-procalimed ultra-conservatives but thats ok), received more negativity from the press than Bush(by the "liberal" media), and Tennesee is a "red" state btw(not much of an excuse tho).

themole
07-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Well ill be fair and said Gore didnt win the election by a bigger margarin was partly because of him. He appeared to have no character, no big plans, no new ideas, but yet he was labeled as an ultra-liberal(which was a "dirty word" despite the source that labeled it dirty were self-procalimed ultra-conservatives but thats ok), received more negativity from the press than Bush(by the "liberal" media), and Tennesee is a "red" state btw(not much of an excuse tho).

Uhh...Get yourself together and try that one again. :lol:

PhinPhan1227
07-07-2004, 07:43 PM

Lol...this sounds like the rallying cry of the far left...the fact that a candidate "appeared to have no character, no big plans, and no new ideas" MIGHT have been a PARTIAL reason for that candidate not doing better than he might have. I guess that's as close as we can expect to get to "personal responsability". After that resounding endorsement I again have to ask the same question of Gore that I still haven't recieved an answer about for Kerry...why did anyone vote FOR him?