PDA

View Full Version : One Thousand + Reasons

iceblizzard69
07-05-2004, 10:39 AM
http://www.thousandreasons.org/listB.html

I looked at some of the reasons (there are a lot...lol, so I obviously skipped most of it) to not vote for GWB and didn't agree with quite a few of them, but I still wanted to post the link.

PhinPhan1227
07-05-2004, 11:12 AM
Sigh...could anyone find a list of 1 reason to vote FOR John Kerry? If Bush has 1k reasons to vote against him and Kerry doesn't have one reason to vote FOR him, why bother electing him? Lets just say that for 4 years we'll eliminate the office of PResident all together.

One other thing...nice math skills. The book is called 1000 reasons, but there are actually 1,200.

iceblizzard69
07-05-2004, 12:40 PM
Sigh...could anyone find a list of 1 reason to vote FOR John Kerry? If Bush has 1k reasons to vote against him and Kerry doesn't have one reason to vote FOR him, why bother electing him? Lets just say that for 4 years we'll eliminate the office of PResident all together.

One other thing...nice math skills. The book is called 1000 reasons, but there are actually 1,200.

I guess they originally wanted to call it 1000 reasons since it sounds better, but there are so many reasons that they couldn't limit it to just 1000. Anyway, I noticed that there were over 1000 reasons in the link, which is why I put a '+' in the name of the thread. ;) And there are 1320 reasons in the link, not 1200, so don't bash them for their counting skills if you can't count the amount of reasons either.

PhinPhan1227
07-05-2004, 01:01 PM
I guess they originally wanted to call it 1000 reasons since it sounds better, but there are so many reasons that they couldn't limit it to just 1000. Anyway, I noticed that there were over 1000 reasons in the link, which is why I put a '+' in the name of the thread. ;) And there are 1320 reasons in the link, not 1200, so don't bash them for their counting skills if you can't count the amount of reasons either.

I'm just going by what THEY said...

"This 250 page paperback contains over 1,200 compelling excerpts with links to the original sources, organized by category."

...so don't blame me if they can't count either time. There's no way I was going to bother reading all 1300+ when the first few were the usual crap. Same question remains however...1300+ for voting against Bush...1 good one for voting FOR Kerry? I posted a whole thread on it and the only response I got was from Murder and he gave me crap.

iceblizzard69
07-05-2004, 04:50 PM
I'm just going by what THEY said...

"This 250 page paperback contains over 1,200 compelling excerpts with links to the original sources, organized by category."

...so don't blame me if they can't count either time. There's no way I was going to bother reading all 1300+ when the first few were the usual crap. Same question remains however...1300+ for voting against Bush...1 good one for voting FOR Kerry? I posted a whole thread on it and the only response I got was from Murder and he gave me crap.

1 reason to vote for Kerry (I don't like him but I will give you one since you want one so badly):

He's pro choice

DeDolfan
07-05-2004, 05:19 PM

In all honesty and truthfullness, IMO, it's not as much Bush himself as it is the bunch around him. by bunch, I'm referring only to Cheney and Rumsfeld. If bush dumped them both, I actually think would would see his popularity start to soar again. This is what the local Republicans tell me around here and they are around 75% of the population. I've always pretty much agreed with that all along and realized that it is mostly the Bobsie twins more so than Bush himself. It would effectively eliminate John Kerry. As it is right now, it's pretty much a dead heat and the outcome will all depend on what happens in the near future.

ohall
07-05-2004, 05:55 PM
1 reason to vote for Kerry (I don't like him but I will give you one since you want one so badly):

He's pro choice

Yet on a personal level he doesn't agree with abortion.

Sorry you just made the case as to why the man will never be President. He has no backbone and he is the very definition of a flip flopper.

Oliver...

iceblizzard69
07-05-2004, 07:56 PM
Yet on a personal level he doesn't agree with abortion.

Sorry you just made the case as to why the man will never be President. He has no backbone and he is the very definition of a flip flopper.

Oliver...

That proves that Kerry can recognize that there should be a seperation between church and state which is a great thing! Kerry will not push pro-life legislation and that is a good reason to vote for him. What matters is what he will do as president. It's fine if he doesn't believe in abortion as long as he doesn't do anything against the practice as the president of this country.

The_Philster
07-05-2004, 08:08 PM
That proves that Kerry can recognize that there should be a seperation between church and state which is a great thing! Kerry will not push pro-life legislation and that is a good reason to vote for him. What matters is what he will do as president. It's fine if he doesn't believe in abortion as long as he doesn't do anything against the practice as the president of this country.
very nicely put:up:

PhinPhan1227
07-06-2004, 01:43 AM

Not to rain on your parade, but Kerry has said that he would appoint Pro-Life judges. While I'm Pro-Choice, and disagree with Bush on that issue, you aren't getting anything better with Kerry.

ohall
07-06-2004, 06:31 AM

Nah it proves he's a hypocrite.

Oliver...

BigFinFan
07-06-2004, 01:15 PM
Nah it proves he's a hypocrite.

Oliver...

:clap: