PDA

View Full Version : NEW GUIDELINE/Not a smack forum

P4E
07-08-2004, 07:08 PM
For new guideline, see the latest post in this thread

Gang...

This forum brings out strong differences of opinion and perspective. It's supposed to. It is moderated with a light hand so everyone has broad discretion to express their views.

That said... it's the intention of the staff to keep the level of discourse well above -- for example -- the "smack" talk we confine to the Depths of the Sea forum. We'll allow a little more latitude than we might in the main Dolphins forum... but a line will be drawn when posts are excessively personal in nature or if they're consistently antagonistic without adding any substance to the discussion.

If you have any concerns, feel free to PM me with them or post them here.

It's going to be quite an interesting year. Enjoy a good debate.:)

AZNeilo
08-01-2004, 05:17 AM
As a new user, but recent reader of this board I find some of the political discussions turn into an episode of Springer.

TerryTate
10-17-2004, 03:39 AM
DO NOT CHANGE WHAT YOU HAD TO SAY EARLIER....IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO ADD TO THE ORIGINAL POST, ADD IT, DONT CHANGE IT....IT KILLS THREADS AND LOSES PEOPLE

ALSO DO NOT EDIT QUOTES OF OTHER MEMBERS EITHER

Thank you

TerryTate

Jimmy James
10-17-2004, 03:42 AM
Terry,

Could you elaborate on just what you do and don't want to see with this new guideline? I definitely don't want to run afoul of your expectations. Are you suggesting that we should never edit other than fixing typos?

TerryTate
10-17-2004, 04:00 AM
Terry,

Could you elaborate on just what you do and don't want to see with this new guideline? I definitely don't want to run afoul of your expectations. Are you suggesting that we should never edit other than fixing typos?

Example....

"TerryTate rules" changed to "Terrytate sucks"

NO

Dont change around what you had to say originally where it doesnt meet up with the rest of the conversation....the same goes with quotes.....you are entitled to edit your posts but dont abuse them as in making new posts within the original post that are unrelated to what you originally said...

i dont know if that clears anything up....I'm kinda disoriented due to some pain.....hope that helps...

Jimmy James
10-17-2004, 04:06 AM
That does help. It's not a bright line rule, but I'd like to hope we can all agree to remain within the spirit of it.

Baz
12-10-2004, 02:41 AM
Can we please keep the namecalling to a minimum? I know crybaby isn't a profanity, but it can still be offensive to some. Attack the post, not the poster......

finataxia24
12-11-2004, 11:54 PM
Can we please keep the namecalling to a minimum? I know crybaby isn't a profanity, but it can still be offensive to some. Attack the post, not the poster......

amen