View Full Version : Dear Randy Johnson, Roger Clemens

TerryTate
07-09-2004, 06:19 PM
Do not go to the EVIL EMPIRE! PLEASE!

Regards,
Every baseball fan that isnt a yankee fan

t2thejz
07-09-2004, 06:25 PM
I doubt any of them will go anywhere. Its just the media trying to get a storey plus I doubt they would go to the Yankees anyway. Who would they give up?

Prime Time
07-09-2004, 08:15 PM
Clemens is kicking ***, Houston will not trade him. And on ESPN they said the D-Backs organization said according the trade talks Johnson, he will not be traded. The guy they said WHO COULD be traded to the Yanks is another Astro....2b Jeff Kent. Now I know Kent from his SF Days, and he is damn good, although old. My bro's fav player beside Bonds. I hope this doesn't happen becauise the man can hit and play Defense. I hope not. Peter Gammons also said that the Yankees will win the WS regardless because their hitting is TOO good. I was like "PLEASE!" Last year their hitting was just as good and they got beat down by PITCHING. Defense and Pitching win Championships. Gammons was stupid to make that comment.

t2thejz
07-09-2004, 08:20 PM
They should be able to win the WS but if they dont I can already tell you it was the pitchers fault

burton87
07-09-2004, 08:39 PM
I'm a major Dback fan, And Randy will be traded before the end of the year.

The Dbacks don't fit him at all. The man had two good years left in him, so why wouldn't he want to go to a contending team?

The diamondbacks are probably the worst team in the league this year, So they'll trade him for some rebuilding material.

It wont be the Yankees though, most likely the angels...

AggieFin21
07-09-2004, 09:08 PM
Dear Randy and Roger,

Lets face it, you want another ring on that empty don't you? I mean who doesn't? Do yourself a favor and come join the All-Stars...I mean the Yankees....
Sincerely,
Yankees Fan

Lets face it folks, one of these two is going to the Yankees...most likely Johnson. I say that because #1- Clemens already left the Yankees and has all the hardware he wants. He's playing for the home crowd now. #2- Johnson wants to win. Not to say that Clemens doesn't but its obvious that Randy wants another ring badly and where else is going to give him a better opportunity? The Angels? HA! He'll be in pinstrips within 2 weeks.

Long Live The Evil Empire!!!!!

Prime Time
07-10-2004, 03:58 AM
Okay Aggie, If in two weeks from today, that trade doesn't go down, you should do something! :lol: Maybe we could make a friendly bet over PM, and the loser has to put something in their sig or avatar for a week or so? :lol: How about it?

nyjunc
07-10-2004, 10:02 AM
I was like "PLEASE!" Last year their hitting was just as good and they got beat down by PITCHING

You didn't watch the Yanks much last year did you? Our offense was BRUTAL especially in the playoffs, we won w/ good pitching. Clutch hits were few and far between, the Marlins pitched well in the WS but it had alot to do w/ our bats being so bad. This year is the complete opposite, this lineup is unbelievable and we are NEVER out of a game. If we get decent starting pitching we'll win the WS b/c we have a great O and great pen.

t2thejz
07-10-2004, 10:04 AM
You didn't watch the Yanks much last year did you? Our offense was BRUTAL especially in the playoffs, we won w/ good pitching. Clutch hits were few and far between, the Marlins pitched well in the WS but it had alot to do w/ our bats being so bad. This year is the complete opposite, this lineup is unbelievable and we are NEVER out of a game. If we get decent starting pitching we'll win the WS b/c we have a great O and great pen.
Soriano couldnt hit a ball if his lie depended on it last post season

Prime Time
07-10-2004, 05:19 PM
Fact is...with that payroll you should have NO holes, and you should kill the low-budget Marlins but you didn't. Every year is a different excuse for the Yankees...this year it'll be pitching.

nyjunc
07-11-2004, 06:36 AM
Fact is...with that payroll you should have NO holes, and you should kill the low-budget Marlins but you didn't. Every year is a different excuse for the Yankees...this year it'll be pitching.

Once again payroll does not guarantee anything, it gives us an edge but does not guarantee winning or else only high payroll teams would win every year.

I have a question for you. Did you mind in '97 when the Marlins "bought" a Championship? That was a team that truly bought a title as they were 90% FAs and many of them high priced unlike the 96-'00 dynasty yanks who had a large core of homegrown players.

Prime Time
07-11-2004, 11:53 AM
Did I mind? No because it is my team...but did the rest of the league mind? Yes, because buying a championship is an edge you are giving yourself. An edge that should not exist, especially now in 2004.

AggieFin21
07-11-2004, 01:45 PM
Okay Aggie, If in two weeks from today, that trade doesn't go down, you should do something! :lol: Maybe we could make a friendly bet over PM, and the loser has to put something in their sig or avatar for a week or so? :lol: How about it?
LOL, hey I'm down for it! Shoot a PM my way when you come up with your side of the deal. I have faith that George will open up the pocketbook, dip into the (all be it, it is getting shallow) farm system and get a deal done bringing Johnson to the Yanks.

FinFan4Life814
07-14-2004, 03:15 AM
I'm more inclined to say that Johnson goes to Anahiem. New York has nothing of value in their farm system besides AA catcher Diener (sp?) Navarro, and Anahiem has good prospect depth (Dallas McPherson, Bobby Jenks, etc.). So if it comes down to it, expect Johnson to be putting on an Halos jersey by the time everything is said and done.

DrAstroZoom
07-14-2004, 03:38 PM
The latest dirt (courtesy of the NY Times), has the Red Sox sending Nomar Garciaparra to the Cubs for prospects, whom the Sox would then send to Arizona for the unit.

Great fit for all involved, and as a Cub fan, I really hope it happens. Come on over, NO-MAH!

dolphan39
07-14-2004, 04:08 PM
If the Yanks had anything to give, they c/get Randy; I just do not see who they w/give up that w/make the Diamondbacks want to lose the attendence he generates or that c/beat out a team like Anahiem. Though Anahiem is not lock to playoffs at all.

The Yanks need nothing but pitching - a starter and a lefty to replace Heredia. Nothing else. Miguel Cairo (2nd base) has the highest BA on the team and is a solid all-around player - so 2nd base is set.

As far spending money wisely comments: 4 new Yanjks make the all-star team: A Rod (trade), Gordon (FA), Vasquez (trade) and Sheffield (FA).

t2thejz
07-14-2004, 06:44 PM
I would love to see the Big Unit in pin stripes and hate to see him in Boston but even if he does go to Boston. They wont get past the Yankees