PDA

View Full Version : Heat sign Doleac

Noodle Arm
07-13-2004, 01:02 PM
The Miami Heat have signed Michael Doleac to a 4 year deal. He's expected to back up Shaq and occasionally play PF. Good news is he only cost us $2.4 million of the $5.1 million mid-level salary-cap exception, so we have enough to sign another player with that. I think it's a pretty good deal...Doleac can hit the mid range jumper very well and is a decent rebounder.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-713heat,0,3975591.story?coll=sfla-sports-front

Bodzilla29
07-13-2004, 01:12 PM
Doleac is a journeyman and is pretty crap. The fact that he gets paid like this shows the derth of available big men in the NBA.

Noodle Arm
07-13-2004, 01:30 PM
I agree. I wish we could have signed Doleac for less, but as you stated the lack of decent big men in the league has made prices go up. That's why someone like Adonal Foyle who averaged 3.3 points last year gets $41 million. Luckily tomorrow we're getting the best big man in the league so that will help balance the equasion out a bit. :D

minus
07-13-2004, 02:22 PM
Not bad pick up.

Den54
07-13-2004, 03:39 PM
I'm sorry but Doleac sucks. He used to hit the 10 to 12 foot jump shot back when he played for The Magic. He's a stiff who can't rebound.
Check out last years stats.
Doleac, claimed off waivers in February, averaged 3.6 points and 2.9 rebounds in 26 games with Denver. Nothing to be excited about imo.

Deez Nutz
07-13-2004, 03:53 PM
I'm not too worried about him if he's a backup. What I'm worried about is if Shaq retires in 3 years, and he's the only big guy the Heat have, and are forced to start him at center. If they can get someone else, it'll be fine.

Fresh
07-13-2004, 04:11 PM
He sucks, but we desperately needed a backup for the Diesel.

Like I said 100x, we should've gambled on Keon Clark. Doleac got cut last year, for christ's sake.

We wind up with the white dude with no game. Wonderful.

Fresh
07-13-2004, 04:39 PM
Atleast he can golf.. :(

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Samphin
07-13-2004, 08:49 PM
Wow. He even looks gawky and and awkward while playing golf. Get ready for "veteran" signings such as this with Shaq's contract on the books.

t2thejz
07-13-2004, 09:10 PM
Wow. He even looks gawky and and awkward while playing golf. Get ready for "veteran" signings such as this with Shaq's contract on the books.
I think everyon one over 6 9 would look awkward playing golf

caneproud117
07-13-2004, 09:44 PM
He's hitting with too short a golf club! How many professional golfers are 6'6" and up. I have no idea who this guy is, nor have I seen him play. What I do know is if this Shaq deal goes through tomorrow then we will definately need a PF. Who are the decent to good PF's out there that could get moved?

Prime Time
07-13-2004, 11:53 PM
We wind up with the white dude with no game. Wonderful.

What does skin color have to do with any of this?

Fresh
07-14-2004, 01:49 AM
What does skin color have to do with any of this?

I swear...some of you are so damn sensitive. It's a shame. :shakeno:

Everybody knows about the "white man can't jump" theory. But then again, you might not because you just jumped on to the Heat bandwagon when they started winning. ;)

And don't blame me...it was Larry Bird who said this is a "black man's game".

FinFan4Life814
07-14-2004, 02:57 AM
Doleac could be ok as a backup to shaq and at the PF spot (backing up Udonis Haslem, im guessing he starts next season). We still need to take a shot at Keon Clark, though...if we can afford him now.

Muck
07-14-2004, 08:54 AM
How many quick white big men are there in the league?? Not too many. :lol:

Must be the racism......:tongue:

Prime Time
07-14-2004, 10:11 AM
I swear...some of you are so damn sensitive. It's a shame. :shakeno:

Everybody knows about the "white man can't jump" theory. But then again, you might not because you just jumped on to the Heat bandwagon when they started winning. ;)

And don't blame me...it was Larry Bird who said this is a "black man's game".

And I bet If I were to say something like great we got the black guy with no game, or with game for that matter, I would be called a racist for bringing up the skin color to the conversation which has no point in the discussion.

BTW, looks like I jumped on the Heat bandwagon right in time...since we are getting Shaq and stuff :)

Fresh
07-14-2004, 11:45 AM
And I bet If I were to say something like great we got the black guy with no game, or with game for that matter, I would be called a racist for bringing up the skin color to the conversation which has no point in the discussion.

Michael Doleac is the topic, and he is white. It's not like I was serious, as most people would realize that I was linking my comments with Larry Bird's, as well as the whole...most white guys aren't very athletic(NBA players) topic, which is true. ;)

"This is a black man's league, and the league suffers from not having enough white stars. More white stars would = more NBA fans"
-Larry Bird

Anyways, it never was a big deal & you really shouldn't of commented on it to turn this into a "race thread", so just end it right here & enjoy the offseason.

Bodzilla29
07-14-2004, 12:17 PM
There are loads of athletic white kids in the L, the media just seems to ignore the fact and even calls them "suprisingly quick." Another media/cultural myth.

Of course there are more athletic black men then white men in the L, but there are a lot of athltic caucasians out there.