PDA

View Full Version : Beasley will probably go to PSV

iceblizzard69
07-13-2004, 09:20 PM
http://www.ussocceruk.com/news/?CatTypeId=2&ContentId=1752

It's looking more likely that Beasley goes to PSV. If the move happens, good for him.

minus
07-13-2004, 11:33 PM
It sucks.

MLS needs quality players.

Prime Time
07-13-2004, 11:47 PM
Forget that. I dont care about MLS needing quality players. For USA to get good they need to send their guys to Europe to play with the best and not making the players worry about making this league popular. Good for Beasley. I hope he goes, and his skills will get so much better. Donovan will not be the top young stud for long unless he goes to Europe. Beasley won't start will he? I don't think so since PSV just spent a lot of money for Peruvian Forward Jefferson FarFan.

Bodzilla29
07-13-2004, 11:58 PM
PSV have lost wingers/forwards Robben and Rommedahl this offseason so they have "open" competition there. If Beasley is good enough he will start over Farfan, if not he will be cover.

PSV have a good track record of developing talent so it would be a good career move. Look at what the club did for Ronaldo, Gudjohnsen, van Nistlerooy, Kezman, Robben, etc.

Prime Time
07-14-2004, 12:02 AM
Farfan is right footed though while Beasley is a lefty. I would love to see them both start, but I don't think it will happen.

iceblizzard69
07-14-2004, 12:24 AM
It sucks.

MLS needs quality players.

MLS probably wants to keep him, but Beasley is very ambitious and probably wants to go to Europe. If MLS doesn't sell him, Beasley will leave the league and the MLS will get nothing in return. It is in the best interest of the league to sell the player and make some money.

I would love to see the MLS hold on to it's best players, but it isn't possible. There are players who want moves to Europe and Beasley is one of them. It is better to sell the player and get some cash (and the deal could be worth 3 million dollars, which is more than the salary of an entire MLS team) than to keep him around for a few more months and then see him leave and get nothing in return. Beasley's contract runs out either at the end of this season or next (I'm not sure which one) and if MLS doesn't sell him, he will leave anyway.

The only way to see more of the top MLS players stay in the league is to support the league. People who ***** and complain about the quality of the league will see no improvement if they don't support the league. By supporting the league, the MLS will make more money which will enable the league to have the ability to pay more for players and to get better players which will make the league better.

iceblizzard69
07-14-2004, 12:28 AM
Forget that. I dont care about MLS needing quality players. For USA to get good they need to send their guys to Europe to play with the best and not making the players worry about making this league popular. Good for Beasley. I hope he goes, and his skills will get so much better. Donovan will not be the top young stud for long unless he goes to Europe. Beasley won't start will he? I don't think so since PSV just spent a lot of money for Peruvian Forward Jefferson FarFan.

I would be pissed if Beasley went to PSV and ended up on the bench. I don't think he would agree to go to a team where he doesn't think he will start. If Beasley goes to PSV, he will expect to start, and I will expect him to as well.

Prime Time
07-14-2004, 10:06 AM
You both can expect all you want, doesn't mean he will start. The coach makes the final decision.

minus
07-14-2004, 12:01 PM
I've see Farfan play and I don't see how Beasley doesn't start over him.

iceblizzard69
07-14-2004, 05:24 PM
I've see Farfan play and I don't see how Beasley doesn't start over him.

Exactly. Beasley is someone who loves to play soccer. I think he would take less money to play for a club where he could play. On Sunday after the US/Poland game he went up to the coach of the Fire (his club team) and said that he wanted to start the game. It was a doubleheader and the Fire game was right after the US game. His coach wouldn't start him but did use him for the final 30 minutes of the game. How many players would do that? Beasley has a love for the game and as I said before, I doubt he would go to PSV if he didn't think he would start there. Yeah, he will make more money there, but Beasley is the type of guy who wants to play and he will be very unhappy not playing even if he is making more money. Beasley is the type of guy who will never reject a call up to the National Team or complain about being overworked. He wants to play, and he will not go to PSV if he is going to be a backup.

Prime Time
07-14-2004, 06:33 PM
Farfan had the highest transfer ever for a Peruvian wthi his deal with PSV. Farfan is only 19, or 20 and is so talented. He has great technique. He will not be on the bench IMO. He played so-so against Colombia because Auturri put him in a left midfield role, and he wasn't even that bad in it.