PDA

View Full Version : Check out my Fantasy team!

nick1
07-14-2004, 11:09 AM
QB - S. McNair (Tenn), P. Ramsey (Was)
RB - J. Jones (Dal), T. Jones (Chi), C. Garner (TB)
WR - T. Owens (Phi), C. Chambers (Mia), D. Boston (Mia), E. Moulds (Buf), E. Parker (SD)
TE - J. Shockey (NYG), R. McMicheal (Mia)
K - O. Mare (Mia)
D - Miami, New Orleans

I don't know how I got so many Miami players because it was a auto draft where all you do is rank players and the draft is conducted. I have never heard of E. Parker and will be dropping him for a better WR, I will also be dropping C. Garner and getting Tatum Bell. Input?

nick1
07-14-2004, 11:16 AM
I will be picking up Roy Williams to replace E. Parker

musphinzfan
07-14-2004, 02:47 PM
LOL this team is not very good.

burton87
07-14-2004, 03:09 PM
You need some running backs, trade McMicheal or Shockey for something decent.

nick1
07-14-2004, 08:09 PM
You need some running backs, trade McMicheal or Shockey for something decent.

who do you think I could get for McMicheal, and should I not pick up Tatum Bell? also Eddie George is available should I pick him up?

nick1
07-14-2004, 08:10 PM
LOL this team is not very good.

I hope your joking :lol:

Pigskin Pimp
07-14-2004, 08:31 PM
I hope your joking :lol:

I don't think he's joking. You'd better package Shockey and Chambers for a top 8 Back.

nick1
07-14-2004, 09:12 PM
I don't think he's joking. You'd better package Shockey and Chambers for a top 8 Back.

but my team is awsome other then the RB position and even that position will improve with Eddie George and Tatum Bell or maybe Kevin Jones

burton87
07-14-2004, 10:10 PM
but my team is awsome other then the RB position and even that position will improve with Eddie George and Tatum Bell or maybe Kevin Jones

The RB position is the only way you win fantasy football...

and trade ethier Chambers or Boston, It's never smart to have two wide recievers from the same team..

nick1
07-15-2004, 08:17 AM
The RB position is the only way you win fantasy football...

and trade ethier Chambers or Boston, It's never smart to have two wide recievers from the same team..

ok, so Eddie George will not be enough? I must go after a RB like Portis or Davis

burton87
07-15-2004, 09:56 AM
ok, so Eddie George will not be enough? I must go after a RB like Portis or Davis

Go after Garison Hearst (Bigest steal in the draft) You can get him pretty cheap too.

nick1
07-15-2004, 10:02 AM
then I should forget about Tatum Bell? Hearst is a free agent in my league, is he going to start for Denver?

t2thejz
07-15-2004, 12:01 PM
then I should forget about Tatum Bell? Hearst is a free agent in my league, is he going to start for Denver?
Either him or Q.Griffth. You need to find a sleeper ar RB though if you wanna win your league

nick1
07-15-2004, 12:26 PM
well I know Eddie George should have a bad year because he is slowing down and getting old, I wonder, should Kevin Jones start in Detriot he should have a good year

t2thejz
07-15-2004, 01:26 PM
well I know Eddie George should have a bad year because he is slowing down and getting old, I wonder, should Kevin Jones start in Detriot he should have a good year
Chances are he wont have that great of a year but you never know. It could be a risk you have to take

Phinz4Life
07-15-2004, 08:17 PM
:lol: That team is awful. You base teams around RBs, since they are the point makers. You want to see some nice teams? Check out my two I drafted today:

Team 1 - Phinz

QB: Chad Pennington ( NYJ)
RB: Deuce McAllister ( NO )
RB: Stephen Davis ( Car )
WR: Chad Johnson (Cin )
WR: Santana Moss ( NYJ )
WR: Charles Rogers ( Det )
TE: Randy McMichael ( Mia )
K: John Kasay ( Car )
DEF: Carolina

Backups:

RB: Tiki Barber (NYG), Marcell Shipp ( Ari )
WRs: Ashley Lelie ( Den ), Roy Williams ( Det )
QB: David Carr ( Hou )
TE: Bubba Franks ( GB )

Team 2 - Phinz Phrom Hell

QB: Tom Brady ( NE )
RB: Clinton Portis ( Was)
WR: Andre Johnson (Hou)
WR: Anquan Boldin ( Ari )
WR: Keyshawn Johnson ( Dal )
K: Olindo Mare ( Mia )
DEF: Miami

Backups:

RB: Duce Staley ( Pit ), Lee Suggs ( Cle )
WRs: Larry Fitzgerald ( Ari ), Reggie Williams ( Jax )
QB: Byron Leftwich ( Jax )
TE: Itula Mili ( Sea )

I've posted these teams three times, I'm just so proud of them. :D Plus, I want to hear opinions from everyone.

nick1
07-15-2004, 10:15 PM
:lol: That team is awful. You base teams around RBs, since they are the point makers. You want to see some nice teams? Check out my two I drafted today:

Team 1 - Phinz

Backups:

Backups:

I've posted these teams three times, I'm just so proud of them. :D Plus, I want to hear opinions from everyone.

If your finished bragging :lol: I am going to get S. Davis and then my team will be complete, I do not have him yet but I'm working on getting him and you know there is more to a team then good RBs, you also have to have good WRs, decent TEs, good QBs and a reliable Defense and Kicker which iI have all of the above exept for the RB part

Phinz4Life
07-15-2004, 11:55 PM
and you know there is more to a team then good RBs, you also have to have good WRs, decent TEs, good QBs and a reliable Defense and Kicker which iI have all of the above exept for the RB part
I have more than just good RBs. Let's look at the other positions on my team. First, Phinz.

QB: Chad Pennington
When healthy, this guy gets points. Nuff said.

WRs: Chad Johnson, Santana Moss, Charles Rogers.
All are top notch wide receivers, and while they may not have the aura that guys like Owens and Moss have, they will get the fantasy job done just fine.

TE: Randy McMichael
Need I say more? If there is any legal troubles I have Bubba backin him.

How many times have people said they have the best front four in the game? Their defense was a major factor in that SB run.

K: John Kasay
The guy will get me the kicking points.

Now, for Phinz Phrom Hell.

QB: Tom Brady
He put up solid fantasy points last year, and should do so again this year.

WR: Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Keyshawn Johnson
Andre and Anquan will put up good numbers, and I know Keyshawn is iffy, but he's going to be one of the Cowboys most used threats. He was the best I could get, since I had to reach a bit for other things.

TE: Bubba Franks
He'll put up adequate numbers for the season, and I think he'll get a lot more this year and be utilized more in the GB offense.

We're gonna dominate, so this will get me loads of points. :D

K : Olindo Mare
I think he'll recoop this year and be back to his 90% status.

nick1
07-16-2004, 07:55 AM
I have more than just good RBs. Let's look at the other positions on my team. First, Phinz.

QB: Chad Pennington
When healthy, this guy gets points. Nuff said.

WRs: Chad Johnson, Santana Moss, Charles Rogers.
All are top notch wide receivers, and while they may not have the aura that guys like Owens and Moss have, they will get the fantasy job done just fine.

TE: Randy McMichael
Need I say more? If there is any legal troubles I have Bubba backin him.

How many times have people said they have the best front four in the game? Their defense was a major factor in that SB run.

K: John Kasay
The guy will get me the kicking points.

Now, for Phinz Phrom Hell.

QB: Tom Brady
He put up solid fantasy points last year, and should do so again this year.

WR: Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Keyshawn Johnson
Andre and Anquan will put up good numbers, and I know Keyshawn is iffy, but he's going to be one of the Cowboys most used threats. He was the best I could get, since I had to reach a bit for other things.

TE: Bubba Franks
He'll put up adequate numbers for the season, and I think he'll get a lot more this year and be utilized more in the GB offense.

We're gonna dominate, so this will get me loads of points. :D

K : Olindo Mare
I think he'll recoop this year and be back to his 90% status.

yeah you do have two good teams, what should I do to fix my team I know I have a contender but I need to get RBs

Nicky Napoleon
07-17-2004, 10:45 PM
Is Rudi Johnson available? He could be gotten pretty easily Im sure, and in 13 games last year had over 950 yards and 9 TD's

nick1
07-17-2004, 11:35 PM
Is Rudi Johnson available? He could be gotten pretty easily Im sure, and in 13 games last year had over 950 yards and 9 TD's

He's not available but I can try to get him, I just got Kevan Barlow in a trade

Nicky Napoleon
07-18-2004, 02:02 AM
Rudi should make for a good #2 back this year if not Chris Perry is there to back him up and Im sure he is still available. Barlow is finally the sole back in San Fran but they are in the same boat we were in, they might be able to run but that might be all they can do. I had my first of three drafts the other day and ended up with
QB McNair/Carr
RB R.Williams/R.Johnson/T.Barber
WR Moss/P.Price/I.Bruce/R.Wayne
TE McMichael/F.Jones
K Vinatieri/Mare
D Carolina/Seattle

Pigskin Pimp
07-18-2004, 04:40 AM

Team 1 - Phinz

Backups:

Backups:

All this tells me is you're playing in an amature league that doesn't know how to draft. In the first league, I'm assuming you got Mcallister with the 1st pick, Davis with the 2nd, Johnson with the 3rd, Moss with the 4th, Pennington with the 5th, Mike or Carolina with the 6th, - so where did you get Tiki at? If your draft didn't go like that - then you play in a joke league, and I don't see why you're playing....

nick1
07-18-2004, 09:33 AM
Rudi should make for a good #2 back this year if not Chris Perry is there to back him up and Im sure he is still available. Barlow is finally the sole back in San Fran but they are in the same boat we were in, they might be able to run but that might be all they can do. I had my first of three drafts the other day and ended up with
QB McNair/Carr
RB R.Williams/R.Johnson/T.Barber
WR Moss/P.Price/I.Bruce/R.Wayne
TE McMichael/F.Jones
K Vinatieri/Mare
D Carolina/Seattle

will Chris Perry play that much or should I still try to get Rudi?

Nicky Napoleon
07-18-2004, 10:57 AM
Perry wont see that much time unless Rudi is injured so I would grab Rudi if the price isnt to high. But if Rudi gets hurt grab Perry who should be a FA unless someone was dumb enough to grab him in the draft. You dont have to go for Rudi there are backs with less question marks, I just think Rudi is primed for a big year and shouldnt cost very much. What did you give up for Barlow?

Nicky Napoleon
07-18-2004, 11:24 AM
For anyone interested I started a Yahoo.com fantasy football league for Finheaven members. Its completely free and should be alot of fun. Pigskin if you are a veteran of Fantasy Football I welcome competition. The rules are a little different because I like high scoring and I made the QB position a little more valuable so you cant just get 2 great RB's and walk off with the league. Its going to take strategy and I am in the process of maybe adding defensive players in addition to team defenses. If anyone is interested the yahoo league ID is 152479 and the password is 72dolphins. It is under join a custom league in the free section.

nick1
07-18-2004, 10:26 PM
Perry wont see that much time unless Rudi is injured so I would grab Rudi if the price isnt to high. But if Rudi gets hurt grab Perry who should be a FA unless someone was dumb enough to grab him in the draft. You dont have to go for Rudi there are backs with less question marks, I just think Rudi is primed for a big year and shouldnt cost very much. What did you give up for Barlow?

It was a two player trade, I gave up Roy Williams and Duce Staley for Kevan Barlow and Eddie Kennison

Nicky Napoleon
07-18-2004, 11:05 PM
Nice deal I would have done that one myself, I had another draft and am trying to work a deal right now for Tory Holt. I am hoping that Koren Robinson or Charlie Rogers and Travis Henry will be enough. If so my team will be
QB Tom Brady
RB Deuce Mcallister
RB Jamal Lewis
WR Anquan Boldin
WR Tory Holt (trade hopefully)
WR Koren Robinson or Charles Rogers
TE Randy McMichael
K Jason Elam
D Vikings(my very last pick in the draft)
Bench
Rudi Johnson
Rod Gardner
Justin McCariens
David Carr
LJ Smith
If I get Holt it may be over

Nicky Napoleon
07-18-2004, 11:14 PM
Hey Nick you should join the league I started on Yahoo its going to be very interesting, you not only have to pick the normal positions but you also have to pick DB's, DL, and D players.

Phinz4Life
07-19-2004, 02:03 AM
All this tells me is you're playing in an amature league that doesn't know how to draft. In the first league, I'm assuming you got Mcallister with the 1st pick, Davis with the 2nd, Johnson with the 3rd, Moss with the 4th, Pennington with the 5th, Mike or Carolina with the 6th, - so where did you get Tiki at? If your draft didn't go like that - then you play in a joke league, and I don't see why you're playing....
It's Fantasy Football at Yahoo.com, as you will find most people playing. And, even an amateur can figure out how to draft by the rankings. I highly doubt that these people are amateurs though.

I just recently had a draft thats very competetive ( a friend got me in ), and these people are good fantasy players. It's a 12 person league. The setup is: QB, WR, WR, RB, WR/RB, TE, K, DEF.

I drafted:

QB - McNair / Carr
WR's - Hines Ward, Chris Chambers, Plaxico Burress, Mushin Muhammad, Andre Davis.
RBs - E. James, Duce Staley, Buckhalter, Jerome Bettis.
TE's - Randy McMichael, Marcus Pollard
K - Olindo Mare
DEF - Miami, Pittsburgh

Projected Starting Lineup:

QB - McNair
WR 1: Hines Ward
WR 2: Chris Chambers
RB: E. James
WR/RB: Duce Staley
TE: McMichael
K: Olindo Mare

What's going to hurt, maybe, is when all my Phin players are on BYE, but I have people I can plug in easily. Now, it may be strange that a heavy number of my players happen to be Dolphins, but honestly I didn't reach for a single one of them. Anyways, I'm hoping to use Plaxico for another quality RB just in case. Hopefully Andre Davis will be my sleeper and I can use him instead.

In most leagues, like the ones I had teams in that you scolded, there are always one or two that aren't very good, and are in fact amateurs.

This other league has ZERO amateurs in it.

Phinz4Life
07-19-2004, 02:08 AM
Nice deal I would have done that one myself, I had another draft and am trying to work a deal right now for Tory Holt. I am hoping that Koren Robinson or Charlie Rogers and Travis Henry will be enough. If so my team will be
QB Tom Brady
RB Deuce Mcallister
RB Jamal Lewis
WR Anquan Boldin
WR Tory Holt (trade hopefully)
WR Koren Robinson or Charles Rogers
TE Randy McMichael
K Jason Elam
D Vikings(my very last pick in the draft)
Bench
Rudi Johnson
Rod Gardner
Justin McCariens
David Carr
LJ Smith
If I get Holt it may be over
Now this team baffles me. Usually McAllister and Lewis are both 1st round selections, and how you got both is confusing - but then, seeing that you might get Tory Holt next is even more shocking, because when all the quality 1st round RBs are gone, then the stud WR's will be gobbled up and won't be traded usually. THEN you have Anquan Boldin, who is among the top WR's usually to be taken. Followed up by both Koren Robinson AND Charles Rogers. To add more insult you have McMichael and LJ Smith, which to get both is not as much, but still suprising.

How many people are in this league? 5...? :confused:

Nicky Napoleon
07-19-2004, 10:02 AM
Now this team baffles me. Usually McAllister and Lewis are both 1st round selections, and how you got both is confusing - but then, seeing that you might get Tory Holt next is even more shocking, because when all the quality 1st round RBs are gone, then the stud WR's will be gobbled up and won't be traded usually. THEN you have Anquan Boldin, who is among the top WR's usually to be taken. Followed up by both Koren Robinson AND Charles Rogers. To add more insult you have McMichael and LJ Smith, which to get both is not as much, but still suprising.

How many people are in this league? 5...? :confused:

There are 10 people in the league and the only reason I was able to get both RB's was because I picked 9th in the draft so I then picked 3 picks later. The trade for Holt is complete it cost me Rudi Johnson, Koren RObinson, and Travis Henry but I got Tory Holt and Tiki Barber. I was able to get the players I got because while others were taking quarterbacks, kickers, and defenses I was still taking WR's and RB's. With the trade my team now looks like this
QB Tom Brady
RB Deuce Mcallister
RB Jamal Lewis
WR Tory Holt
WR Anquan Bolden
WR Charles Rogers
TE Randy McMichael
K Jason Elam
D Vikings
Bench
RB Tiki Barber
WR Rod Gardner
WR Justin McCariens
TE LJ Smith
Open spot
Man I love this Game...LOL

Phinz4Life
07-19-2004, 10:26 AM
There are 10 people in the league and the only reason I was able to get both RB's was because I picked 9th in the draft so I then picked 3 picks later. The trade for Holt is complete it cost me Rudi Johnson, Koren RObinson, and Travis Henry but I got Tory Holt and Tiki Barber. I was able to get the players I got because while others were taking quarterbacks, kickers, and defenses I was still taking WR's and RB's. With the trade my team now looks like this
QB Tom Brady
RB Deuce Mcallister
RB Jamal Lewis
WR Tory Holt
WR Anquan Bolden
WR Charles Rogers
TE Randy McMichael
K Jason Elam
D Vikings
Bench
RB Tiki Barber
WR Rod Gardner
WR Justin McCariens
TE LJ Smith
Open spot
Man I love this Game...LOL
Who on earth is in this league? Deuce McAllister is among the top 5 RB's, he's usually the third or fourth pick, and Lewis is usually right after.

nick1
07-19-2004, 07:17 PM
Hey Nick you should join the league I started on Yahoo its going to be very interesting, you not only have to pick the normal positions but you also have to pick DB's, DL, and D players.

I'm in the league now so look out I'm taking this league :D