PDA

View Full Version : Kerry: Wrong for Florida

BigFinFan
07-14-2004, 02:57 PM
"John Kerry is wrong on just about every issue of importance to our state– and Floridians are taking notice." -- Gov. Jeb Bush

VOTING AGAINST DEFENSE SYSTEMS
Kerry Has Repeatedly Voted For Cuts To The Abrams Tank, A Weapons System Supported By Tallahassee Workers. *Kerry voted twice against passage of the 1991 Defense Appropriations and voted against the 1991 Defense Authorization Conference Report, both of which provided funding for 225 M1 Abrams tanks and upgrades. *“General Dynamics Land Systems has received a $50.8 million contract from the U.S. Army to provide systems technical support for the Abrams tank and Wolverine heavy assault bridge programs. Work will be performed at General Dynamics’ facilities in Tallahassee; Sterling Heights, Mich.; and Muskegon, Mich., as well as at U.S. government field sites. The contract will run through July 2006. General Dynamics, based in Falls Church, Va., employs about 195 in Tallahassee and about 49,000 worldwide.” *(Democrat Staff And News Services, “General Dynamics Wins Contract,” The Tallahassee Democrat, 12/31/01)

VOTING FOR HIGHER TAXES
Kerry Voted Against President Bush’s Historic Tax Cuts In 2001 And 2003. The tax cuts Kerry opposed have directly benefited Florida: More than 6.1 million taxpayers in Florida have seen their income tax bills reduced. Over 1.3 million small business taxpayers in Florida have additional tax savings to invest in new equipment, expand facilities and hire additional workers. More than 1.7 million married couples in Florida are benefiting from marriage penalty relief. Over 1.5 million families in Florida have benefited from the increase in the child tax credit from $600 to $1,000.

VOTING AGAINST TROOP FUNDING
Kerry Voted Against The $87 Billion Iraq Supplemental. *These funds provided body armor and other force protection measures such as armored Humvees and electronic jammers, as well as health care for reservists, support for families and meals for injured soldiers.

PROPOSING INTELLIGENCE CUTS
Not Long After First World Trade Center Bombing, Kerry Proposed $7.5 Billion In Across The Board Intelligence Cuts. *In 1994, Kerry proposed rescinding $1 billion in the FY1994 Intelligence budget and freezing the budget at that level through at least FY1998, which would have cut $5 billion from Intelligence funding during that period. *Kerry’s proposal was defeated by a vote of 20 to 75, with even Sen. Ted Kennedy voting against the measure. *Then in 1995, Kerry proposed a bill to “[r]educe the Intelligence budget by $300 million in each of fiscal years 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, and 2000.” *This bill had no co-sponsors and never reached the Senate floor for a vote. *(Sen. Dennis DeConcini [D-AZ], Congressional Record, 2/10/94, p. S1360)

OPPOSING THE CUBA EMBARGO
Kerry Voted To Ease Longstanding Sanctions On Cuba. Kerry voted for an amendment to ease longstanding travel and monetary restrictions on Cuba. (S. 955, CQ Vote #183: Rejected 38-61: R 5-49; D 32-12, 7/17/97, Kerry Voted Yea) Kerry also supported establishing commission to study whether Cuba was still a threat. *Kerry voted in favor of a commission that sought to study “whether Cuba still poses a security risk” and would consider easing sanctions by evaluating the effects of the embargo. *(S. 2549, CQ Vote 137: Motion Agreed To 59-41: R 52-3; D 7-38, 6/20/00, Kerry Voted Nay)

TAKING BOTH SIDES ON ISRAELI SECURITY
In October of 2003 addressing the Arab American Institute, Kerry called the Israeli security fence a “barrier to peace.” (Sen. John Kerry, Remarks Before Arab American Institute National Leadership Conference, Dearborn, MI, 10/17/03) Then in February of 2004, in an address to a Jewish audience, Kerry called the fence a “Legitimate Act Of Self-Defense.” (Janine Zacharia, “Kerry Defends Security Fence,” The Jerusalem Post, 2/25/04)

CUTTING NASA FUNDING
In 1995, Kerry Introduced A Bill That Included Termination Of International Space Station Program. Kerry’s budget bill, which included defense and intelligence cuts, sought to cut $11 billion from the International Space Station Program, thus terminating it. The bill had no co-sponsors and never made it to the floor for a vote. (S. 1290, Introduced 9/29/95; “Kerry Files Bill To Cut $90 Billion,” The Boston Globe, 9/30/95)

VOTING FOR HIGHER TAXES ON SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS
Kerry Has Voted 8 Times For Higher Taxes On Social Security. *He voted twice for Clinton's $241 billion tax hike. He voted three times to keep Social Security tax hike in Clinton budget. And Kerry has since voted three times against repealing Social Security benefits tax hike.

NOT VOTING ON PRESCRIPTION DRUGS
Kerry Has Said “I’ve Dropped Many Things During The Race To Go Back For Important Votes That's My Responsibility And That’s What I’m Doing.” *(Sen. Kerry, “Today,” NBC, 3/2/04) *But when it came to prescription drugs for seniors, it must not have been “important” enough. *Kerry missed 36 of 38 votes on Medicare reform and prescription drug benefit, including final passage of bill. *Kerry was one of only two Senators to miss final vote. *(Sam Hananel, “Kerry, Lieberman Skip Final Medicare Vote To Return To Campaign Trail,” The Associated Press, 11/25/03)

RETREATING ON EDUCATION REFORM
In a 2001 Senate Speech, Kerry Called No Child Left Behind “Groundbreaking Legislation That Enhances … Commitment To Our Nation’s Public Education System.” Now, Kerry criticizes No Child Left Behind as under funded, despite the fact that President Bush’s 2005 budget represents a 48% increase for elementary and secondary education since 2001. *According to the Department of Education, as of December 11, 2003, a total of nearly $6 billion in Federal education funds remained unspent, waiting to be drawn down by state officials.

DolFan31
07-14-2004, 08:13 PM
You guys call Kerry a Flip-flopper...what in the hell is wrong with someone who changed his ideas the more educated he became about them? After all, Bush flip-flops too.

Bling
07-14-2004, 09:00 PM
DolFan31, you should really understand what you're talking about before you say it. Do you really want me to expose Kerry's voting record? And last time I checked, Bush promised his tax cuts, him hunting down terrorist, and keeping morality in this country.

ohall
07-14-2004, 09:07 PM
You guys call Kerry a Flip-flopper...what in the hell is wrong with someone who changed his ideas the more educated he became about them? After all, Bush flip-flops too.

Errr no politician will get away with I voted for war before I voted against it.

Oliver...

BigFinFan
07-15-2004, 03:04 PM
Kerry is a Traitor!

DolFan31
07-15-2004, 10:46 PM
Kerry voted for the war based on intelligence that now turns out to be majorly flawed. Kerry then voted against funding the war after questions were raised about the legality and legitimicy of the war. Thats one example.

Why dont you all review the thread I made about Bush being a flip-flopper?
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=40223

ohall
07-15-2004, 10:50 PM
Kerry voted for the war based on intelligence that now turns out to be majorly flawed. Kerry then voted against funding the war after questions were raised about the legality and legitimicy of the war. Thats one example.

Why dont you all review the thread I made about Bush being a flip-flopper?
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=40223

OK? So as a former soldier Kerry expects todays soldiers to appreciate that if it was up to him they would have to fight the war in Iraq with good intentions and good intentions alone?

Honestly I cannot believe some ppl are so dettached from reality they cannot see just how offensive it is for any politician to say I voted for the war before I voted against the war. Do you not understand what that means to the soldiers who are over there?

Debating about war when our soldiers are in harms way is not the BEST time for a deabte about that war.

Oliver...

DolFan31
07-15-2004, 10:59 PM
OK? So as a former soldier Kerry expects todays soldiers to appreciate that if it was up to him they would have to fight the war in Iraq with good intentions and good intentions alone?

Honestly I cannot believe some ppl are so dettached from reality they cannot see just how offensive it is for any politician to say I voted for the war before I voted against the war. Do you not understand what that means to the soldiers who are over there?

Debating about war when our soldiers are in harms way is not the BEST time for a deabte about that war.

Oliver...

The best thing about America is being able to say what you want,when you want to(the First Admendment gaurantees that, and it was made the 1st in the Bill of Rights because our Founding Fathers thought it was so important), even when questioning a war in a time of war. Do you understand that this war may not have been justified?

BigFinFan
07-15-2004, 11:04 PM
The best thing about America is being able to say what you want,when you want to(the First Admendment gaurantees that, and it was made the 1st in the Bill of Rights because our Founding Fathers thought it was so important), even when questioning a war in a time of war. Do you understand that this war may not have been justified?

Hmmmm.....

Kerry fought in Vietnam...
...When he returned after 4 grueling months, he spoke out against the War.

Kerry voted for War on Terrorism...
...now he voted against it.

I am glad to see that in over 30 years he has not changed a bit.

There is no way in hell that I would ever cast my vote for Kerry!

ohall
07-15-2004, 11:09 PM

No I don't understand that. And the fact that you think that is beyond scary to me. I am sick tired of this gotcha game you and your political party is playing. I just wish more DEM's understood just how low of a game they are actually playing. If you agree with the tactics Kerry is pulling IMO you're no better than him.

I'll try saying this another way, because you just ain't getting it. When our soldiers are in harms it is not wise for any politicians to deabate and in turn possibly hold up supplying our soldiers who are currently fighting that war. For goodness sakes please lil jesus let you finally get what I'm saying. You cannot risk holding up their budget because if they do our soldiers would have to go to war fighting a war without what they need to actualy win the war. This means soldiers would be dieing because they lacked the equipment that would increase their odds of living.

Kerry of all ppl should know better. After all he fought a war in Vietnam that suffered from over zealous politicians playing their stupid lil games with those soldiers lives. The man has become the very thing he proclaimed after the war he hated. He is no better than the politicians that played games with his life during the Vietnam war!

When ppl say he is a traitor this is what they are talking about.

And no one said he couldn't say whatever he wants, I am simply saying what he is saying and the stance he took after war was started IMO is immoral. And I have every right to say that if I want to.

Oliver...

BigFinFan
07-15-2004, 11:13 PM
We are fighting this war without the proper equipment due to Kerrys voting!

BigFinFan
07-15-2004, 11:15 PM
No I don't understand that. And the fact that you think that is beyond scary to me. I am sick tired of this gotcha game you and your political party is playing. I just wish more DEM's understood just how low of a game they are actually playing. If you agree with the tactics Kerry is pulling IMO you're no better than him.

I'll try saying this another way, because you just ain't getting it. When our soldiers are in harms it is not wise for any politicians to deabate and in turn possibly hold up supplying our soldiers who are currently fighting that war. For goodness sakes please lil jesus let you finally get what I'm saying. You cannot risk holding up their budget because if they do our soldiers would have to go to war fighting a war without what they need to actualy win the war. This means soldiers would be dieing because they lacked the equipment that would increase their odds of living.

Kerry of all ppl should know better. After all he fought a war in Vietnam that suffered from over zealous politicians playing their stupid lil games with those soldiers lives. The man has become the very thing he proclaimed after the war he hated. He is no better than the politicians that played games with his life during the Vietnam war!

And no one said he couldn't say whatever he wants, I am simply saying what he is saying and the stance he took after war was started IMO is immoral. And I have every right to say that if I want to.

Oliver...

:yeahthat:

I could not agree more!

ohall
07-15-2004, 11:15 PM
We are fighting this war without the proper equipment due to Kerrys voting!

If Kerry had his way almost every weapon package our military uses wouldn't be in around. I know I'm not telling you anything you don't know man, but some ppl around here just don't seem to get that lil fact.

I just wish more ppl would look into this guys record. They all assume because he was a soldier he has been the soldiers best friend. He is the worst Senator as far as funding our military, and it has been that way since he became a Senator. He is totally anti-war unless of course a poll tells him he cannot be his true anti-war self!

Oliver...

BigFinFan
07-15-2004, 11:19 PM
If Kerry had his way almost every weapon package our military uses wouldn't be in around. I know I'm not telling you anything you don't know man, but some ppl around here just don't seem to get that lil fact.

I just wish more ppl would look into this guys record. They all assume because he was a soldier he has been the soldiers best friend. He is the worst Senator as far as funding our military, and it has been that way since he became a Senator. He is totally anti-war unless of course a poll tells him he cannot be his true anti-war self!

Oliver...

I truly feel sorry for all of us in the military if he gets elected.

Hell, I feel sorry for all of America if he gets elected.

ohall
07-15-2004, 11:25 PM
I truly feel sorry for all of us in the military if he gets elected.

Hell, I feel sorry for all of America if he gets elected.

I hope I'm wrong, but if he is President I believe the days of our military going back on welfare will return. The man cannot change his stripes. He is anti-war and anti-military, he will rape the military even worse than Clinton ever did.

Oliver...

BigFinFan
07-15-2004, 11:30 PM
This is the Oath of Enlistment, it is read upon enlisting or re-enlisting in the Military.

I, (state your name), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

These are very powerful words to those of us in uniform.

ohall
07-15-2004, 11:34 PM
This is the Oath of Enlistment, it is read upon enlisting or re-enlisting in the Military.

I, (state your name), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

These are very powerful words to those of us in uniform.

A serious question, why haven't left wackos gone after the enlistment oath because it mentions God?

It just struck me that given time they'll snatch God out of there as well.

Oliver...

DolFan31
07-15-2004, 11:35 PM

Oliver...

Yes you do.

And I agree that since Congress already voted for the war, then you needed to vote for the funding. I believe the DEMs problem with the bill was that it LACKED adequate FUNDING for our TROOPS.

But ya regaurdless he shouldve voted for funding for the war after he voted for the war, but thats the only "flip-flop" I have a problem with.

ohall
07-15-2004, 11:46 PM
Yes you do.

And I agree that since Congress already voted for the war, then you needed to vote for the funding. I believe the DEMs problem with the bill was that it LACKED adequate FUNDING for our TROOPS.

But ya regaurdless he shouldve voted for funding for the war after he voted for the war, but thats the only "flip-flop" I have a problem with.

Well I'm glad you can see what I'm talking about. And all politicians flip flop, as you say they do change their minds from time to time. However the way Kerry has taken all sides on most important issues IMO just reveals what he is really made of.

Oliver...

DolFan31
07-15-2004, 11:53 PM
Well I'm glad you can see what I'm talking about. And all politicians flip flop, as you say they do change their minds from time to time. However the way Kerry has taken all sides on most important issues IMO just reveals what he is really made of.

Oliver...

Or he's trying to much to be like Clinton :lol:

IMO Kerry is not the best choice for the nomination, Dean probably wouldve been better, because at least he had plans and made them public, where as Kerry is just bashing Bush and isnt giving an alternative. But what I have seen with this administration, and the fact that the only other choice has no chance and is a fraud, I have to do what I have to do.

iceblizzard69
07-16-2004, 01:17 AM
Hmmmm.....

Kerry fought in Vietnam...
...When he returned after 4 grueling months, he spoke out against the War.

Kerry voted for War on Terrorism...
...now he voted against it.

I am glad to see that in over 30 years he has not changed a bit.

There is no way in hell that I would ever cast my vote for Kerry!

Who cares if Kerry was against the Vietnam war, he certainly wasn't the only one. Do you think the Vietnam war was worth fighting? Kerry actually fought in Vietnam, unlike the guy who is currently in the White House.

Also, the war on Iraq is not the war on terrorism. I don't think going into Iraq was wrong, and I do think Saddam had ties to terrorists (not al Qaeda but Palestinian terrorists), but last time I checked, the guys who blew up the Twin Towers were in Afghanistan and Pakistan and none of the hijackers were from Iraq. Saying that Kerry voted against the War on Terrorism is false because it isn't true. The war on Terrorism is not solely the war on Iraq.

ohall
07-16-2004, 11:45 AM
Who cares if Kerry was against the Vietnam war, he certainly wasn't the only one. Do you think the Vietnam war was worth fighting? Kerry actually fought in Vietnam, unlike the guy who is currently in the White House.

Also, the war on Iraq is not the war on terrorism. I don't think going into Iraq was wrong, and I do think Saddam had ties to terrorists (not al Qaeda but Palestinian terrorists), but last time I checked, the guys who blew up the Twin Towers were in Afghanistan and Pakistan and none of the hijackers were from Iraq. Saying that Kerry voted against the War on Terrorism is false because it isn't true. The war on Terrorism is not solely the war on Iraq.

Well obviously you don't get it! As a soldier who fought in a war that saw politicians who over stepped their bounds he should have understood that is why Vietnam was a bad war. With his vote against the funding of our soldiers was a play right out of the playbook for politicians during the Vietnam War. Shouldn't he know better than that seeing as how he felt their incompetence during the Vietnam War? Again, he has become the very thing he said he hates. He has basically become another Vietnam era politician with his silly action of voting for the war before he voted against the war. Most Americans are not so stupid as to trust a flip flopper like this. That is one scary thing for any politician to ever do.

Incorrect, as more time passes it becomes very clear the war on terror had a safe heaven within Iraq. As President Bush said, we will go after terrorism wherever we have to. The war in Iraq is making a huge dent on terrorism, because our troops and now the Iraqi military are killing dozens of them per day. I don’t see what the problem is. This will make it less likely that innocent ppl will have to fight the war on terror on our soil by jumping out of burning buildings!

Oliver...

BigFinFan
07-16-2004, 12:39 PM

Apparently, you missed my previous post concerning the Oath of Enlistment. I put it in here for a reason - for a reference to show what type of person John Kerry really is. Whenever Kerry joined the Navy (as an Officer) he took the "Oath of Appointment". It varies somewhat from the "Oath of Enlistment", but the meaning is pretty much the same.

The "Oath of Appointment" states:

I [full name], having been appointed an Ensign in the United States Navy, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter. So help me God.

John Kerry swore to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same".

Please answer these questions for me:

1. Where was John Kerrys' Honor when he threw his medals over the White House Fence?
2. How was John Kerry bearing true faith and allegiance to the Constitution when he spoke out against the War in Vietnam?
3. How did he faithfully discharge the duties of is office?

You need to care about these issues because this shows Kerrys true colors. Although his blood is red, he does not bleed Red, White, and Blue like those of us who value the oath highly.

John Kerry is a disgrace to the Navy and to the United States.

ABrownLamp
07-18-2004, 04:44 AM
Well obviously you don't get it! As a soldier who fought in a war that saw politicians who over stepped their bounds he should have understood that is why Vietnam was a bad war. With his vote against the funding of our soldiers was a play right out of the playbook for politicians during the Vietnam War. Shouldn't he know better than that seeing as how he felt their incompetence during the Vietnam War? Again, he has become the very thing he said he hates. He has basically become another Vietnam era politician with his silly action of voting for the war before he voted against the war. Most Americans are not so stupid as to trust a flip flopper like this. That is one scary thing for any politician to ever do.

Incorrect, as more time passes it becomes very clear the war on terror had a safe heaven within Iraq. As President Bush said, we will go after terrorism wherever we have to. The war in Iraq is making a huge dent on terrorism, because our troops and now the Iraqi military are killing dozens of them per day. I don’t see what the problem is. This will make it less likely that innocent ppl will have to fight the war on terror on our soil by jumping out of burning buildings!

Oliver...
You people are the same ones chastizing Clinton for bombing the Afganis in the 90's.
Your statement that terror has a safe haven in Iraq is correct except for the fact that it didn;t pose a threat to the US. Don't act like, with everything we now know that you think this war was a good idea.

Let me ask you this, what has invading Iraq accomplished? Did it take down the organization that flew into the WTC Towers? Did it lead to the capture of Osama? What evidence do you have that this has made any "dent" on terrorism? Terrorist attack have increased over the last year not decreased... How does that corroborate what you said?

Bush says we will go after terror wherever it is. Really? So I guess next we'll be invading Yemen, Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and EVERY FRIGGING COUNTRY IN THE MIDDLE EAST?? Give me a break.

No weapons of mass destruction. no connection to al queda, no threat to the US, yet hundreds (and soon thousands) of US soldiers have dies for the cause. You tell the parents of the dead soldiers that this war was necessary.

ABrownLamp
07-18-2004, 04:55 AM
1. Where was John Kerrys' Honor when he threw his medals over the White House Fence?
2. How was John Kerry bearing true faith and allegiance to the Constitution when he spoke out against the War in Vietnam?

You need to care about these issues because this shows Kerrys true colors. Although his blood is red, he does not bleed Red, White, and Blue like those of us who value the oath highly.

Dude, he was a war hero. He fought for his country. How can you say a man that has never seen the battlefield is more of an "American" than Kerry?
Anyone can say "we need to go to war." I could do that. It takes a REAL man to actually do battle.

And lets not forget...WE SHOULD NOT BE IN IRAQ, WE SHOULD BE IN AFGHANISTAN!!! Tell me Saddam was more of a threat than Osama.

We all know now that Iraq was a mistake. So now you guys are saying, George Bush has dug us into this ditch, so lets pour billions of dollars into digging us out...AND YOU STILL WANT TO REELECT HIM!!! It's so crazy that after four years the only thing he has to run on is a war on terror that we are not winning.

iceblizzard69
07-18-2004, 10:58 AM
Apparently, you missed my previous post concerning the Oath of Enlistment. I put it in here for a reason - for a reference to show what type of person John Kerry really is. Whenever Kerry joined the Navy (as an Officer) he took the "Oath of Appointment". It varies somewhat from the "Oath of Enlistment", but the meaning is pretty much the same.

The "Oath of Appointment" states:

I [full name], having been appointed an Ensign in the United States Navy, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter. So help me God.

John Kerry swore to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same".

Please answer these questions for me:

The Vietnam war was a stupid war and was one that we should have never fought. John Kerry was right to speak out against it. However, even though he was against it, he served in the war anyway. I don't know why you care so much that John Kerry was against the Vietnam war, it doesn't take a lot of brainpower to realize that we should have never fought that war.

ohall
07-18-2004, 11:01 AM
You people are the same ones chastizing Clinton for bombing the Afganis in the 90's.
Your statement that terror has a safe haven in Iraq is correct except for the fact that it didn;t pose a threat to the US. Don't act like, with everything we now know that you think this war was a good idea.

Let me ask you this, what has invading Iraq accomplished? Did it take down the organization that flew into the WTC Towers? Did it lead to the capture of Osama? What evidence do you have that this has made any "dent" on terrorism? Terrorist attack have increased over the last year not decreased... How does that corroborate what you said?

Bush says we will go after terror wherever it is. Really? So I guess next we'll be invading Yemen, Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and EVERY FRIGGING COUNTRY IN THE MIDDLE EAST?? Give me a break.

No weapons of mass destruction. no connection to al queda, no threat to the US, yet hundreds (and soon thousands) of US soldiers have dies for the cause. You tell the parents of the dead soldiers that this war was necessary.

I never had a bad word to say about Clinton when he the President decided to use our military. He was the President and he has all the Intel to make that decision. I am no position to ever question any President, because I don't have the info he does. Only idiots think they know as much as he does and have enough info to question the President.

We freed 25 million ppl, it has guaranteed that Saddam's WMD will not be used by him and it has given us great footing in that region of the world to help position us better to help defend Israel. Let's not even talk about how Iraq will now have a chance to be a democracy, and if they get there they'll be the only democratically elected led country in that region. Yes I believe we have in fact made a huge dent in terrorism seeing as how on a daily basis our troops and now Iraqi troops are killing dozens of terrorist. If you want to think terrorist recruitment is some how up because we entered this war, well good for you. The world I live in these ppl attacked us before we ever waged war on them for almost 25-years. What you are suggesting is we do nothing, and just wait in the corner for the next attack so we can see more innocent ppl jumping out of buildings so they won't be burned alive.

Obviously now the world knows without a doubt when the US led by President Bush says we will go any where we have to, to fight terrorism they are more likely to believe us than how they use to think we were weak and would run after our 1st American soldier died. Look at Libya, why do you think they gave up their WMD? He didn't like the color scheme of his WMD?! Yes often before peace, there has to be a lot of fighting. For example, WW1, WW1 so on so on. Welcome to reality and the real world my friend.

There are WMD in Iraq we've found them, there were connections to al-Qaeda and Saddam, there was so much of a THREAT to the US from Iraq the President of Russia warned us Saddam was planning a 9/11 style attack on our soil. Keep sticking your head in the sand, and swallowing the LIB sad sad song if you want to. My eyes are wide open and as each day passes the more it becomes clear to anyone who isn’t blind we were more than justified to invade Iraq because they were a danger to this country and the world. In fact the world is a safer and better place now that Saddam is no longer in charge of Iraq. If you want to continue to defend the thought process that he should still be around; more power to you brother.

Oliver...

themole
07-18-2004, 11:15 AM
First and foremost, Kerry voted for his political career. Country be damned!

ABrownLamp
07-18-2004, 04:17 PM
I never had a bad word to say about Clinton when he the President decided to use our military. He was the President and he has all the Intel to make that decision. I am no position to ever question any President, because I don't have the info he does. Only idiots think they know as much as he does and have enough info to question the President.

We freed 25 million ppl, it has guaranteed that Saddam's WMD will not be used by him and it has given us great footing in that region of the world to help position us better to help defend Israel. Let's not even talk about how Iraq will now have a chance to be a democracy, and if they get there they'll be the only democratically elected led country in that region. Yes I believe we have in fact made a huge dent in terrorism seeing as how on a daily basis our troops and now Iraqi troops are killing dozens of terrorist. If you want to think terrorist recruitment is some how up because we entered this war, well good for you. The world I live in these ppl attacked us before we ever waged war on them for almost 25-years. What you are suggesting is we do nothing, and just wait in the corner for the next attack so we can see more innocent ppl jumping out of buildings so they won't be burned alive.

Obviously now the world knows without a doubt when the US led by President Bush says we will go any where we have to, to fight terrorism they are more likely to believe us than how they use to think we were weak and would run after our 1st American soldier died. Look at Libya, why do you think they gave up their WMD? He didn't like the color scheme of his WMD?! Yes often before peace, there has to be a lot of fighting. For example, WW1, WW1 so on so on. Welcome to reality and the real world my friend.

There are WMD in Iraq we've found them, there were connections to al-Qaeda and Saddam, there was so much of a THREAT to the US from Iraq the President of Russia warned us Saddam was planning a 9/11 style attack on our soil. Keep sticking your head in the sand, and swallowing the LIB sad sad song if you want to. My eyes are wide open and as each day passes the more it becomes clear to anyone who isn’t blind we were more than justified to invade Iraq because they were a danger to this country and the world. In fact the world is a safer and better place now that Saddam is no longer in charge of Iraq. If you want to continue to defend the thought process that he should still be around; more power to you brother.

Oliver...
Dude...HE HASN"T HAD WMD FOR OVER A DECADE!!! It's like saying now that I have this elephant spray, no elephants will come into my apartment. Have you not been listening to the news. Faulty information from the CIA. Everyone now knows he had neither WMD or connections to al Queda. Read the paper...When did we find WMD? You are making up facts. That never happened. We found one empty canister of what used to contain seren gas that was made in the 1980's last month. That's it. That's your evidence.

BTW, while we are killing "dozens of terrrorists" a day (how you came up with that figure and information is beyond me) we are also creating more and more every day. I am not suggesting that we sit around and wait for another attack, and I support fighting...THE PEOPLE THAT FLEW INTO THE WTC TOWERS!!! They are in Afghanistan and Pakistan, not Iraq.

This is why I have such a problem with the war. It's like, one country attacked us, so we invade another? That makes no sense. I agree with establishing footing in the middle east so we can assist Isreal, but let's do it for the right reasons, and in the right country. Iraq was a mistake because we should be in Afghanistan. We have more police patrolling NYC than in all of Afghanistan. How is this ok with you?

ohall
07-18-2004, 05:20 PM
Dude...HE HASN"T HAD WMD FOR OVER A DECADE!!! It's like saying now that I have this elephant spray, no elephants will come into my apartment. Have you not been listening to the news. Faulty information from the CIA. Everyone now knows he had neither WMD or connections to al Queda. Read the paper...When did we find WMD? You are making up facts. That never happened. We found one empty canister of what used to contain seren gas that was made in the 1980's last month. That's it. That's your evidence.

BTW, while we are killing "dozens of terrrorists" a day (how you came up with that figure and information is beyond me) we are also creating more and more every day. I am not suggesting that we sit around and wait for another attack, and I support fighting...THE PEOPLE THAT FLEW INTO THE WTC TOWERS!!! They are in Afghanistan and Pakistan, not Iraq.

This is why I have such a problem with the war. It's like, one country attacked us, so we invade another? That makes no sense. I agree with establishing footing in the middle east so we can assist Isreal, but let's do it for the right reasons, and in the right country. Iraq was a mistake because we should be in Afghanistan. We have more police patrolling NYC than in all of Afghanistan. How is this ok with you?

Nonsense, prove he hasn't had WMD for a decade. Just because we have not found the large scaled WMD programs or stockpiles this doesn't mean they are still not there, destroyed or they are not now in another country like Syria. Oh I've been listening to the news, even CNN has made it clear it is likely the WMD are currently in Syria or were destroyed right before the invasion. You should really start watching the news closer.

Actually no one has said there was not ties to al-Qaeda and Saddam, they have said there is no evidence they had made contact to discuss terrorist acts to be committed against America. See if Saddam sends a general from his Republic guard to go talk to UBL 3 times over a 1-year period of time I don't assume they were talking to each other about interior design tips. I assume they were talking about their mutual enemy the USA. If you feel comfortable thinking they were talking to each other about food recipes or something more power to you.

Umm no, the US has found 24 pieces of artillery that contain mustard and sarin. Those are the facts. Do you actually believe that's the end of the WMD in Iraq? If so that's GREAT, but I sure don't have the type of faith in Saddam as you seem to have in him. He was a madman and we were in serious danger with him leading Iraq.

Yes if you are saying we should not be fighting the terrorist in some foreign land you are saying we should be waiting here for the next attacks without doing anything about it. You and the other DEM's can dance around that all you want to. You either believe in taking the fight to them or you believe in waiting in the corner for more innocent non trained citizens to die from the next terrorist attacks in the USA.

No those men that flew into the WTC were radical Muslims. If you want to isolate where they were born, you are just as confused as the rest of the DEM's seem to be. It would be like going after Christians in a certain part of the USA after the Oklahoma bombing. Some of you just don't get it!

Why wouldn't we have more Police in NY than in Afghanistan, and how is that our problem? We are not the gorvernment there. We are simply there to try and support them. You obviously believe we are there to control and run that country.

Oliver...

ABrownLamp
07-18-2004, 06:54 PM
Nonsense, prove he hasn't had WMD for a decade. Just because we have not found the large scaled WMD programs or stockpiles this doesn't mean they are still not there, destroyed or they are not now in another country like Syria. Oh I've been listening to the news, even CNN has made it clear it is likely the WMD are currently in Syria or were destroyed right before the invasion. You should really start watching the news closer.

Actually no one has said there was not ties to al-Qaeda and Saddam, they have said there is no evidence they had made contact to discuss terrorist acts to be committed against America. See if Saddam sends a general from his Republic guard to go talk to UBL 3 times over a 1-year period of time I don't assume they were talking to each other about interior design tips. I assume they were talking about their mutual enemy the USA. If you feel comfortable thinking they were talking to each other about food recipes or something more power to you.

Umm no, the US has found 24 pieces of artillery that contain mustard and sarin. Those are the facts. Do you actually believe that's the end of the WMD in Iraq? If so that's GREAT, but I sure don't have the type of faith in Saddam as you seem to have in him. He was a madman and we were in serious danger with him leading Iraq.

Yes if you are saying we should not be fighting the terrorist in some foreign land you are saying we should be waiting here for the next attacks without doing anything about it. You and the other DEM's can dance around that all you want to. You either believe in taking the fight to them or you believe in waiting in the corner for more innocent non trained citizens to die from the next terrorist attacks in the USA.

No those men that flew into the WTC were radical Muslims. If you want to isolate where they were born, you are just as confused as the rest of the DEM's seem to be. It would be like going after Christians in a certain part of the USA after the Oklahoma bombing. Some of you just don't get it!

Why wouldn't we have more Police in NY than in Afghanistan, and how is that our problem? We are not the gorvernment there. We are simply there to try and support them. You obviously believe we are there to control and run that country.

Oliver...
You make yourself look stupid when you don't read the paper. You should click on this link and educate yourself about what is going on in the world...
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0504-10.htm
CNN has made absolutely no suggestion that we "just missed those WMD." In fact, the only thing that has been suggested is that all this evidence you are stating is incorrect intelligence. So I don't know if you know something that the investigation panel in Washington doesn't, but if you do you should probably notify them.
Those containers were from the 1980's by the way.
Ha. You think we are in Afghanistan to support them? Why is Afghanistan our problem? Are you serious? The al Queda regime, NOT JUST RADICAL MUSLIMS, BUT THE HEART OF AL QUEDA IS IN AFGHANISTAN. You know, the guys that attacked us. Don't tell me you think those were just random radicals with no affiliation to any group. That's why we need to be there. Are you trying to tell me that we flew over to Afghanistan because they needed our support? We went over there to find and kill people. We couldn't give a crap about the rest of the country.

themole
07-18-2004, 07:35 PM
You make yourself look stupid when you don't read the paper. You should click on this link and educate yourself about what is going on in the world...
CNN has made absolutely no suggestion that we "just missed those WMD." In fact, the only thing that has been suggested is that all this evidence you are stating is incorrect intelligence. So I don't know if you know something that the investigation panel in Washington doesn't, but if you do you should probably notify them.
Ha. You think we are in Afghanistan to support them? Why is Afghanistan our problem? Are you serious? The al Queda regime, NOT JUST RADICAL MUSLIMS, BUT THE HEART OF AL QUEDA IS IN AFGHANISTAN. You know, the guys that attacked us. Don't tell me you think those were just random radicals with no affiliation to any group. That's why we need to be there. Are you trying to tell me that we flew over to Afghanistan because they needed our support? We went over there to find and kill people. We couldn't give a crap about the rest of the country.

GEEEZ! You expect us to buy into a foreign news paper? :shakeno:

ohall
07-18-2004, 08:05 PM

Common dreams .org? What is that some kind of socialist web site?

Sorry I'll trust my own ears and what I've heard on TV and read in the news papers that tell me what I've told you.

Obviously your POV is very anti-American. Anyone who says we don't care about other countries IMO has a very biased POV about this country. See ya.

Oliver...

BigFinFan
07-18-2004, 11:42 PM
You make yourself look stupid when you don't read the paper.

You made yourself look stupid by believing everything that you hear on the news and read in the paper.

When are the aliens going to attack? I saw the headline in the Enquirer, so it must be true.

I have said this a hundred freaking times onthis board, hopefully this will be the last time that I have to educate some people!

The media does not have ALL of the information! They only release what they hear from us (The US Military), we do not give the ALL of the information.

The average American Citizen could not handle what we know.

That is all that I got to say about that!

ABrownLamp
07-19-2004, 12:23 AM
You made yourself look stupid by believing everything that you hear on the news and read in the paper.

When are the aliens going to attack? I saw the headline in the Enquirer, so it must be true.

I have said this a hundred freaking times onthis board, hopefully this will be the last time that I have to educate some people!

The media does not have ALL of the information! They only release what they hear from us (The US Military), we do not give the ALL of the information.

The average American Citizen could not handle what we know.

That is all that I got to say about that!
I'll trust the media before I put my trust in what the government tells me.
And their information isn't always right either, which is EXACTLY WHY WERE IN IRAQ. So I don't know what it is that you know about saddam's WMD that the investigating panel doesn't, but please, educate me again.

BigFinFan
07-19-2004, 01:20 AM
Just go ahead and keep believing what the media tells you - no sweat off of my sack!

You have failed to see the Big Picture!

ohall
07-19-2004, 08:38 AM

Ooooooooo Mr. Anarchy!

Oliver...

themole
07-19-2004, 05:42 PM
And their information isn't always right either, which is EXACTLY WHY WERE IN IRAQ. So I don't know what it is that you know about saddam's WMD that the investigating panel doesn't, but please, educate me again.

It's obvious you are trusting CNN, MSNBC, and that foreign paper you recommended in a previous post. To be well informed you need to watch at least three different news broadcast conservitive and liberal. You need to read at least three different news papers conservitive and liberal then ask which one squares with what the constitution intended. It ain't no easy task! Those who sherk it, tend to be the liberials.