PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's decision time announced...

TerryTate
07-14-2004, 07:00 PM
Jim Gray reporting that Kobe will make his decision between the Clippers and Lakers tomorrow at 3 PM EST, Noon Pacific....

All five Clipper fans have their fingers crossed....

t2thejz
07-14-2004, 07:02 PM
Jim Gray reporting that Kobe will make his decision between the Clippers and Lakers tomorrow at 3 PM EST, Noon Pacific....

All five Clipper fans have their fingers crossed....
RLOL Im just glad hes staying in LA. I wouldnt want to see him anywhere else. Im not a big fan of him

TerryTate
07-14-2004, 08:13 PM
Actually up until just a few days ago, Chicago was secretly interested in him, but apparently have backed off because a sign and trade was just not possible...

Samphin
07-14-2004, 08:26 PM
Kupchak had stated before the season ended that a sign and trade would not be possible. He said if Kobe wanted to go elsewhere, he needed to sign with someone else, because there was no way the Lakers would ever trade him. To me, it is kind of dumb because you could have gotten some more decent players from another team such as Chicago, or the Clippers. But I realize what he was saying. He is saying that Kobe is the franchise, we will never get equal value for him and we want him to go nowhere else. So if Kobe really wants to leave, he will do so knowing that everything he wanted was given to him by L.A. to stay.

It has basically been a two horse race form the start between L.A. and its kid brother the Clippers. Personall,y I think Kobe is waiting it out so that the media gets whipped into a frenzy, comes out says Lakers for life and becomes the pride of L.A. for looking loyal and heroic, unlike Shaq who looked very spoiled and had many tantrums throughout this whole process. Just my guess. The fact that he is holding a press conference to tell you where he will play next year smacks of ego trip and press time to tell everyone he will always be a Laker.

Now, if he chooses the Clippers, my Lakers are screwed and will not be a contender for at least three or four years until Grant's contract goes away and tons of cap space is opened up.

t2thejz
07-15-2004, 08:58 AM
Actually up until just a few days ago, Chicago was secretly interested in him, but apparently have backed off because a sign and trade was just not possible...
THANK GOD!!!!!!!!