Jimi
07-14-2004, 10:00 PM
yes....Shaq indeed.

burton87
07-14-2004, 10:07 PM
yao

hal20001963
07-14-2004, 10:23 PM
Dolfans can only wish that Pat Riley was the GM of the Miami Dolphins rather than the current duds Rick Spielman and Dave Bumstedt. I have said on an other reply: the Miami Heat front office is everything the Miami Dolphins front office is not. I am more excited about the opening of the NBA season come November, 2004 then opening day of the Miami Dolphins. Of course, Dolfans already will know where the Dolphins are going when the NBA season starts: in the tank folks because December is right around the corner. Any way, great trade Riles and go Diesel, Wade and Miami Heat!:)

bakedmatt
07-14-2004, 10:24 PM
they should bring back the shaq-pack (burgerking) for just such an occasion.

burton87
07-14-2004, 10:26 PM
Dolfans can only wish that Pat Riley was the GM of the Miami Dolphins rather than the current duds Rick Spielman and Dave Bumstedt. I have said on an other reply: the Miami Heat front office is everything the Miami Dolphins front office is not. I am more excited about the opening of the NBA season come November, 2004 then opening day of the Miami Dolphins. Of course, Dolfans already will know where the Dolphins are going when the NBA season starts: in the tank folks because December is right around the corner. Any way, great trade Riles and go Diesel, Wade and Miami Heat!:)

The NBA is alot different than the NFL too.

bakedmatt
07-14-2004, 10:36 PM

what would be the NFL equivalent? we'll trade chris chambers, a 1st, and ogunleye for Randy Moss. wait such an idea did come up, and it's absolutely ridiculous.

or even better yet. since Shaq is paid so much, you could call him the peyton manning of the NBA. so we'd trade our young rising stars like Chambers, Ogunleye, Surtain and a 1st for a contract that'd be tough to swallow anyway. Sounds reasonable. Oh wait, no. Because of the difference in starters between the two sports, 3/5 and 3/22 wouldn't be equal. It'd be more likely we throw in our entire starting offense for Peyton Manning. sounds swell!

BillsCA
07-14-2004, 10:38 PM
Its a dark day for us none kobe fans who arent on his sack. Shaq I hardly knew you, I might just convert to a Heat Fan...Stupid Kobe

Bodzilla29
07-14-2004, 11:48 PM
Shaq and Wade is hardly Shaq and Kobe. I'd be shocked if Miami win the title with the big man.

Am I the only one who thinks this move sets the Heat BACK?

How many games does Shaq miss over the next 2 years, and what kind of depth is there when he is absent? Also, Wade was hardly injury free last year, what if this is a trend.

No supporting cast to speak of. 3/5 very good starters, the rest of the team is hovering around God-awful average-mediocre-crap.

Better off building around Odom, Butler, etc. and waiting for Grant and Jones to come off the books. If Shaq was younger it would be a GREAT deal, but he isn't and I think the Heat have screwed themselves if they do not win the title within 2 years.

LIQUID24
07-14-2004, 11:56 PM
Shaq and Wade is hardly Shaq and Kobe. I'd be shocked if Miami win the title with the big man.

Am I the only one who thinks this move sets the Heat BACK?

How many games does Shaq miss over the next 2 years, and what kind of depth is there when he is absent? Also, Wade was hardly injury free last year, what if this is a trend.

No supporting cast to speak of. 3/5 very good starters, the rest of the team is hovering around God-awful average-mediocre-crap.

Better off building around Odom, Butler, etc. and waiting for Grant and Jones to come off the books. If Shaq was younger it would be a GREAT deal, but he isn't and I think the Heat have screwed themselves if they do not win the title within 2 years.Most casual fans just hear the name "Shaq" and get all excited. Ohall was just telling me the Heat "stole" Shaq. Yeah right. Depth is very important in this league, and right now the Heat don't have it. I think they'll contend, but they most likely won't win the east.

Also, I don't think my Lakers will seriously contend, so it's not like I'm talking smack. I'll be rooting for Shaq to do well.

hal20001963
07-15-2004, 08:27 AM
what would be the NFL equivalent? we'll trade chris chambers, a 1st, and ogunleye for Randy Moss. wait such an idea did come up, and it's absolutely ridiculous.

or even better yet. since Shaq is paid so much, you could call him the peyton manning of the NBA. so we'd trade our young rising stars like Chambers, Ogunleye, Surtain and a 1st for a contract that'd be tough to swallow anyway. Sounds reasonable. Oh wait, no. Because of the difference in starters between the two sports, 3/5 and 3/22 wouldn't be equal. It'd be more likely we throw in our entire starting offense for Peyton Manning. sounds swell!This has nothing to do with tearing up the Dolphins to make a big trade, it has to do with this organization being status quo and accept mediocrity. The fact that Dave Wannstedt and Jay Fiedler will be there on opening day 2004 tells the enitre story about this organization. Wannstedt has never won anything siginificant in his head coaching career, ask any Chicago Bears fan. That organization is still recovering from Wanny's regime. He has made many bad trades and acquisitions and he runs the team, not Spielman and also this is why no GM would work with this organization as long as Wannstedt is present. I believe also this is why Marino quit contrary to local media homer reports. Once Wanny is gone (hopefully very soon), I think Marino will reconsider coming back. I think the Dolphins have the talent to go far but as long as Wanny handcuffs (Fiedler being the starter for example) this team, you can forget about it.:confused:

Prime Time
07-15-2004, 11:01 AM
I believe this a main forum topic...:lol:

With that being said, Hal, Wanny is not out there missing FGs or leaving WRs open. It is ultimately up to the players to do their jobs and Wanny can get us there, our players just have to produce.

Prime Time
07-15-2004, 11:04 AM
Like Riley said. He hates seeing Grant, Odom, and C-But go, BUT with that current team he didn't think they were going to contend, not seriously anyway, not without a big man. Now with Shaq, they can seriously contend.

Bodzilla29
07-15-2004, 02:46 PM
Young team, no big man.

Now they have an aging big man and no team.