PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo! Fantasy League for Dolphins Fans

chirkware
07-15-2004, 11:52 AM
I'm bored, so I created a fantasy football League named "Dolphin Fans". Come join me and let's have some fun. I have scheduled the live draft for July 29 @ 11:30CDT (lunch break). Positions are QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, WR/RB, K, D.

I'm shooting for 16 teams. If you are a Dolphin Fan, and you want to be ACTIVE in a FREE league, come join!

You will need to join a Custom League, and put in 139748 for the league ID. There is a password required, but lets see if the password will DON upon those who are true fans. (Think coaches, maybe it will don upon you, shuRlaY it will! No spaces, no caps.) Gotta keep out the Patsie, Jest, and Bell's fans! ;)

Oh, yeah, team name should be Dolphin related. I'm the "1972 Dolphins".

DolphinDevil28
07-15-2004, 12:03 PM
Damn, I want to join so bad but I have work.

Boooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Bowl_Bound
07-15-2004, 12:19 PM
I would love to participate also. I just cant be sure I can be free that particular time this far in advance. If I signed up could I give away my slot IF I was unable to aprticipate that day? How long would it take?

chirkware
07-15-2004, 12:37 PM
I can always change the draft time if it is better for other people. Once we have teams in place, we can decide an ideal time for the draft.

If you set up a team, and do nothing, your picks will be done automatically, based on Yahoo!'s rankings of players. You can customize their rankings to suit your preferences. Then, if you can't be there, on draft day you will automatically get the top available player from your list each round. Not the best way of doing things, but its not too bad.

chirkware
07-15-2004, 12:45 PM
As far as how long the draft will take...

There will be 16 rounds, so if there are 16 teams, that's 256 picks. Max time per pick is 90 seconds usually. So, in theory, it could take 384 minutes, or 6 hours, 24 minutes :eek: . (Can you tell I used to teach math?)

HOWEVER...Usually, my experience has been that picks are made in a LOT less time than that. Plus, we may not have that many teams.

Also, I may drop us down to four bench spots. That would drop two rounds, and make strategy a little tougher.

My experience has been that most drafts take 30 minutes to an hour...

What do y'all think?

estrada507
07-15-2004, 12:46 PM
NEw to the board. Sound like the league will be a winner. I'm there man!

SmokeyPhinz
07-15-2004, 01:11 PM
:goof: My league is better.

Nicky Napoleon
07-15-2004, 01:39 PM
I'M IN!!!!! I got real creative with the team name, not really I got LAZY is a better term and used my finheaven ID

allred65
07-15-2004, 01:52 PM
Damn, I want to join so bad but I have work.

Boooooooooooooooooooo!!!

You can! Just go to the site and rank your players the way you want and the site will draft them for you.
:cooldude:

chirkware
07-15-2004, 01:54 PM
This is cool. We've got seven teams already. Look over the scoring and see what you think. It is VERY different from default Yahoo scoring. Quarterbacks are more valuable than in most leagues. A back kicker or a bad defense can HURT you (negative points for missed field goals, giving up lots of points, etc).

Strategy will be important...

Man, it seems like Week 1 is a long time away.

Bowl_Bound
07-15-2004, 01:54 PM
I'm in too then. Can we use PM to notify about any changes?

chirkware
07-15-2004, 02:07 PM
I'm in too then. Can we use PM to notify about any changes?

Any changes I make I will probably post here. If not, I will use the "Email League" tool towards the bottom right of the league page.

burger13
07-15-2004, 02:20 PM
I'm in.......Wanny's Last Stand!

Jimi
07-15-2004, 02:48 PM
I'm in. The inFINcibles will dominate:D !!

Nicky Napoleon
07-15-2004, 03:37 PM
This is my second league I just had my first draft today
My team looks like this
QB Steve McNair/David Carr
RB Ricky Williams
RB Rudi Johnson or Tiki Barber
WR Randy Moss
WR Isaac Bruce
WR Peerless Price/Reggie Wayne
TE Randy McMichael/Freddie Jones
K Adam Vinatieri/Olindo Mare
D Carolina/Seattle

pwn3dyo
07-15-2004, 05:35 PM
^ pretty nice team, how many players are in the league?

Phinz4Life
07-15-2004, 06:12 PM
My teams so far...

Team 1 - Phinz

QB: Chad Pennington ( NYJ)
RB: Deuce McAllister ( NO )
RB: Stephen Davis ( Car )
WR: Chad Johnson (Cin )
WR: Santana Moss ( NYJ )
WR: Charles Rogers ( Det )
TE: Randy McMichael ( Mia )
K: John Kasay ( Car )
DEF: Carolina

Backups:

RB: Tiki Barber (NYG), Marcell Shipp ( Ari )
WRs: Ashley Lelie ( Den ), Roy Williams ( Det )
QB: David Carr ( Hou )
TE: Bubba Franks ( GB )

Team 2 - Phinz Phrom Hell

QB: Tom Brady ( NE )
RB: Clinton Portis ( Was)
RB: Stephen Davis ( Car )
WR: Andre Johnson (Hou)
WR: Anquan Boldin ( Ari )
WR: Keyshawn Johnson ( Dal )
TE: Bubba Franks ( GB )
K: Olindo Mare ( Mia )
DEF: Miami

Backups:

RB: Duce Staley ( Pit ), Lee Suggs ( Cle )
WRs: Larry Fitzgerald ( Ari ), Reggie Williams ( Jax )
QB: Byron Leftwich ( Jax )
TE: Itula Mili ( Sea )

Cannonboy
07-15-2004, 06:16 PM
Im in, rock on. Lets go fins

Jimi
07-15-2004, 06:18 PM
My team looks like this
RB Ricky Williams
WR Randy Moss
WR Isaac Bruce
D Carolina/SeattleDamn pretty impressive team. How many teams are in the leauge?

estrada507
07-15-2004, 06:23 PM
:fire: Just registered. Watch out as the AZ Phins put the heat on ya!

pwn3dyo
07-15-2004, 07:22 PM
I'm Green Wave! I will hopefully see ALL of you on draft day :)

Nicky Napoleon
07-15-2004, 11:36 PM
Damn pretty impressive team. How many teams are in the leauge?
There were 10 and the best part is that I didnt pick until 8 where I was "forced" to take Ricky Williams. :D

Phinz4Life
07-16-2004, 12:11 AM
My team looks like this
RB Ricky Williams
WR Randy Moss
WR Isaac Bruce
D Carolina/Seattle
Thats a pretty decent team, definately a contender, but there are a few things I don't like. I don't see Rudi as a real dominant fantasy back, and Tiki will kill you with his fumbles and his lack of anything ( I had him last year ) but as a third back he's fine for backing up. I don't like Price much, and I don't think he's very effective, but if he does good then you can shove those words down my throat. :D

There were 10 and the best part is that I didnt pick until 8 where I was "forced" to take Ricky Williams. :D
I know what you mean, I had the 4th pick and the 6th pick in two different drafts, and had to take Portis and McAllister simply because of their strong fantasy points. I woulda loved to resort over to Ricky if I had too.

PlowHorse34
07-16-2004, 12:24 AM
This is new to me. How do you register?

jesusfreak26
07-16-2004, 12:51 AM
If you still have space available I would love to join. Also for you guys who can't make the draft Last Year they an option where you could rank your player and the CPU would draft for you in the Live Draft I don't know if it is still like that this year though. Good Luck everyone.

Jimi
07-16-2004, 01:29 AM
If you still have space available I would love to join. Also for you guys who can't make the draft Last Year they an option where you could rank your player and the CPU would draft for you in the Live Draft I don't know if it is still like that this year though. Good Luck everyone.Yup, same old, same old.

Nicky Napoleon
07-16-2004, 09:59 AM
Thats a pretty decent team, definately a contender, but there are a few things I don't like. I don't see Rudi as a real dominant fantasy back, and Tiki will kill you with his fumbles and his lack of anything ( I had him last year ) but as a third back he's fine for backing up. I don't like Price much, and I don't think he's very effective, but if he does good then you can shove those words down my throat. :D

I know what you mean, I had the 4th pick and the 6th pick in two different drafts, and had to take Portis and McAllister simply because of their strong fantasy points. I woulda loved to resort over to Ricky if I had too.

Well in looking at Rudi stats last year he had 938 yards rushing and 9 TD's so he seems to be on the verge. Everyone in my league went RB early and with me getting Moss in the 2nd Rudi was the best available RB, I hope I am right but fortunately for me I dont think my season is going to be made or broken on the #2 RB with the rest of my team being fairly strong. Price definately is a wild card but with Vick back he should see a signifigant rise in his stats. Yes Tiki is the fumbling Queen but as you put it he is a good 3rd RB.

muscle979
07-16-2004, 11:11 AM
I love fantasy football, but I have a deployment coming up, so I'll miss the whole month of september :cry:

jesusfreak26
07-16-2004, 11:23 AM
I had a draft today my team is

QB: Dante Culpepper
QB: Jake Plummer
RB: Priest Holmes
RB: Kevin Jones
WR: Chris Chambers
WR: David Boston
WR: Quincey Morgan
WR/RB: Dante Hall
TE: Randy McMicheal
K: Oloindo Mare
QB: Mark Brunell
WR: Reggie Williams
WR: Roy Williams
RB: Greg Jones
TE: Dallas Clark
K: Shayne Graham
DEF: Jacksonville

I am Hoping some of these guys step up:shout:

Nicky Napoleon
07-16-2004, 04:16 PM
I had a draft today my team is

QB: Dante Culpepper
QB: Jake Plummer
RB: Priest Holmes
RB: Kevin Jones
WR: Chris Chambers
WR: David Boston
WR: Quincey Morgan
WR/RB: Dante Hall
TE: Randy McMicheal
K: Oloindo Mare
QB: Mark Brunell
WR: Reggie Williams
WR: Roy Williams
RB: Greg Jones
TE: Dallas Clark
K: Shayne Graham
DEF: Jacksonville

I am Hoping some of these guys step up:shout:

While as a Fins fan I like that draft, from a fantasy football perspective it is going to be a long year for you. You should try to take players from as many different teams as possible because for instance lets say the dolphins play CRAPPY you have five Dolphins starting guess what happens unless the other players on your team have record setting days you are probably going to lose. Secondly what are you going to do when week 10 rolls around and your starting line up looks like this
QB Culpepper
RB Holmes
RB Jones
WR Morgan
WR Hall
WR Williams
WR Williams
TE Clark
K Graham
D Jax
Im not bashing but you need to put some of them on the trade block and see what you can get.