PDA

View Full Version : Moore to be charge in Canada?

Phinzone
07-16-2004, 01:23 AM
ROFLMA this is a riot to ready. Slam his fat ars in jail, or at least charge him and make people see that he deserves NO credebility!

http://www.canadafreepress.com/cover_storyj.htm

PhinPhan1227
07-16-2004, 01:41 AM
Go Canada!!!!!

ohall
07-16-2004, 11:32 AM
ROFLMA this is a riot to ready. Slam his fat ars in jail, or at least charge him and make people see that he deserves NO credebility!

http://www.canadafreepress.com/cover_storyj.htm

Oh that would make me so happy. My question is why don't we have laws like that!?

:cooldude:

Oliver...

CrunchTime
07-20-2004, 06:44 PM
Oh that would make me so happy. My question is why don't we have laws like that!?

:cooldude:

Oliver...
Its called freedom of speech:soapbox: .Moore is an ignorant demagogue:horsey: but he has a right to speak out his views:barf: even though they may be inaccurate.There is a whole legal system to take care of any personal damage he may do to others.(Libel etc):nerd:

Phinzone
07-20-2004, 06:50 PM
Its called freedom of speech:soapbox: .Moore is an ignorant demagogue:horsey: but he has a right to speak out his views:barf: even though they may be inaccurate.There is a whole legal system to take care of any personal damage he may do to others.(Libel etc):nerd:

No one here has a problem with freedom of speech. The problem is he's presenting it as a fact, a documentary. THer'es really stupid people that attend his movie and think he's telling the truth. Hell, even the french admit he's lieing out of his ***. There's slander laws as well. I feel he crosses a fine line with his movies, but I really don't give a damn. The problem is the stupid people who don't take the time to see him for who he really is and take him for a grain of salt (as should be).

iceblizzard69
07-20-2004, 09:27 PM
Moore’s tactics encompass what legal beagles believe is a direct violation of Canada electoral law. Under the "Non-Interference by Foreigners" clause (Part 11, Division 9, section 331) of the Canadian Elections Act:

No person who does not reside in Canada shall, during an election period, in any way induce electors to vote or refrain from voting for a particular candidate unless the person is

a Canadian citizen; or

a permanent resident within the meaning of subsection 2 (1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

What a dumb law. I don't agree with Michael Moore's views but he definitely shouldn't be charged with a crime. Oh yeah, and this has nothing to do with his movie. He told people not to vote for the Conservatives in Canada. Anyway, Moore will never go to jail, even if convicted and sentenced to jail time. There is no way that he would be extradicted to Canada from the USA (and I doubt any other country would extradite him either) for breaking that law.

Also, anyone who supports such a dumb law and thinks Moore should go to jail does not believe in the US constitution, which guarantees freedom of speech. I don't like Moore but the law is stupid and he definitely does not deserve to go to jail.

genx23
07-21-2004, 10:05 AM
The law itself is just as silly as the bitter Conservatives here who are trying to get him charged. Nothing will come of it though.

PhinPhan1227
07-21-2004, 10:39 AM
Canada's laws are Canada's laws. They actually reflect much more of the planets than America does. There are many "free" nations on this planet, but almost none of them are so free that they will allow guests to criticize them as freely as citizens. America is almost unique in that generosity.