PDA

View Full Version : Derek Fisher...it really is all about the money...

AggieFin21
07-16-2004, 11:09 AM
Derek Fisher signs w/the G.S. non-contenters...I mean the Warriors. 6 years $37 million and no playing time. It must really be all about the money. G.S. already has Van Exel and Claxton and unless G.S. is planning on shipping one of them out, expect Fisher to see no playing time. I mean I guess I can't really fault the guy; he's 30 years old and this gives him some job security but I'm sure a in need of a PG like Houston, Boston, Seattle even Indiana would have offered up a 3 or 4 year deal and a load of playing time to go with. I guess my priorities aren't straight.

And what is Golden State GM thinking? Signing yet another PG? Unless he is already hearing offers for Claxton or Van Exel, this was a bonehead move on his part.

LIQUID24
07-16-2004, 11:25 AM
I'll miss Fish, but he isn't worth that kinda money. Having said that, I don't blame him at all for taking the money. He's already got 3 rings. It's time to take care of himself and his family. I would've done the same thing.

dolphan39
07-16-2004, 11:48 AM
Considering the Lakers benched him for Payton it is hard to blame the guy

minus
07-16-2004, 12:46 PM
Stupid move.

LIQUID24
07-16-2004, 12:55 PM
Stupid move.
By who?

Ferretsquig
07-16-2004, 03:47 PM
Stupid move by the lakers....Rudy T should of gone to Fisher and offered him the starting PG spot along with the money. He may not be worth that but hes the best PG available. Also from Godlen States perspective both Van Exel and Claxton's contracts are up in 05, so they will probably be easy contracts to move next year.

Prime Time
07-16-2004, 03:57 PM
LA is losing its stars and its depth. If things keep going the way they are going...they could be under .500

SMadison29
07-17-2004, 02:21 AM
Van Exel is the man but it'll be hard to move him because he's playing with a maximum salary contract. It would be great to see the Lakers ship Payton somewhere else & then re-aquire Nick. He would give the Lakers a guy that can score on his own, play D, shoot the three, & is clutch. Payton seems to be washed up unless last year was a fluke.

Ferretsquig
07-17-2004, 02:51 AM
Doubt he will go to the lakers, but Van Exel should be very easy to move with a 10 mil salary and in the last year of his deal.

Samphin
07-17-2004, 04:53 AM
LA is losing its stars and its depth. If things keep going the way they are going...they could be under .500

:lol: Doubt it. Fisher was a gamer and I wanted him back on my team, even moreso than Shaq ( due to Shaq being a baby recently 45 mil for s season? no thanks ). However, Fisher being gone doesn't kill the Lakers. He wasn't going to be the starter anyway, even though I thought he should be.

Anyhow. Van Exel wants out of Golden State. He has wanted otu since he was traded from Dallas. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Van Exel land back in Dallas in a kiss and make up move with Cuban. Nash, afterall, has signed on in Pheonix and Van Exel seemed to mesh best down in Texas.

Speedy Claxotn is a sixth man. He, in my opinion, isn't a legitimate starter. Fisher is kind of the same way, but he has more credentials to be the starter over Claxton. Claxton and Fisher give them a nive variance in point guards when it ocmes to speed and style of play which could work to G.S.'s favor. Van Exel will not be on this team to start the season.