PDA

View Full Version : Article:Top 10 ranking of Wide Receivers

ArticleNinja
07-17-2004, 02:51 PM
Discuss this article, you must: http://www.finheaven.com/cms/14.html.

AmishJihad
07-17-2004, 03:12 PM
Peerless Price #9?? Boldin #10??

:roflmao:

Prime
07-17-2004, 03:22 PM
Should of thought more on making the list. Sorry but that my opionon.

FinFan84
07-17-2004, 03:45 PM
Santana moss 5th makes this list completely invalid.

Lazy1
07-17-2004, 04:25 PM
Who cares about this list? It is for fantasy football so obviously a guy like moss who is the teams #1 reciever and also gets points for being a return man is gonna be ranked higher than he should.

killswitch
07-17-2004, 05:07 PM
Why is Mike Oliva writing for this site. that guy's a sincere jackass:shakeno:

and by the way... thos rankings are a disgrace

iceblizzard69
07-17-2004, 05:22 PM
Moss and Price are both way too high. Moss at #5 is bad but the worst thing about the list is Price at #9. Also, Boston is way too low.

Jimi
07-17-2004, 05:36 PM
Price isnt th good, but hes a good fantasy football. Everyone but me is completley high on Mike Vick, so obviously his #1 reciever is going to b hig up there. If they were rating skill id b laughing, but fanatasy its not TOO bad.

Muck
07-22-2004, 09:37 AM
Again guys, it's a fantasy football list. :)

bakedmatt
07-22-2004, 09:28 PM
Santana moss 5th makes this list completely invalid.

I think this list goes south sooner than that:

3) Marvin Harrison/Indianapolis
Age is catching up with Marvin and its start to show in his numbers. Last year Marvin only had 94 receptions and 10 total touchdowns. He is 32 years old and his performance is starting to decline. It is the final year of his contract though and Marvin is playing for big money so look for him to bounce back and have better numbers than last year.

the poor guy was injured and still managed the numbers he did in an offense that is trying to recruit more offensive talent each year to spread the ball around (Clark and Stokley).

He's the second best WR in football. Moss' ahtletic ability puts him at the top. It's Holt's route running and sure hands that makes him good, but better than Harrison? Not quite.

MOULDSROCKS
07-22-2004, 11:13 PM
9) Peerless Price/Atlanta
With Michael Vick back look for Price to have a big season. Throw away last years numbers, those don't count in my book since he didn't have a decent quarterback to throw him the football with Vick out for so much of the season.<b> Atlanta is moving to a west coast offense and one that should fit Price very well.</b> Atlanta has a lot of receiving options, but I think Price will step up and stand out as the #1 option for Vick and as the main man in the Falcons passing game.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~!~!~!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When he was in Buffalo we ran the WCO one year and his biggest complaint was that it didn't fit his skills!

Moulds is too low. Last year he missed 3 games, and played hurt (partially torn GROIN... that will really slow you down, if anybody has even had a cramp there you will know what I mean) for another 9 games but was still only 220 yards away from 1,000. If Drew plays just average he'll have a huge year. Mularkey WILL get the ball in his hands the way he did with Hines Ward by moving him around and using him in situations where the defense might lose track, I also expect him to catch a couple WR screens per game b/c of his RAC ability (like Ward got in Pitt). Committing to the running game will also lead to more opportunities (more first downs and less coverage shifting his way). Lee Evans' speed will have to be accounted for by defenses and that will expand the field and give MOulds more room to work with. In 2003 pre-injury he was on pace for over 90 receptions and 1400 yards despite hos 2 catch 30 yard performance at Miami which dilutes numbers in a 4 game sample...

p.s. Jimmy Smith is too high, Chambers will get 10 TD's so he is too low.

MikeO
07-22-2004, 11:50 PM
I think this list goes south sooner than that:

the poor guy was injured and still managed the numbers he did in an offense that is trying to recruit more offensive talent each year to spread the ball around (Clark and Stokley).

He's the second best WR in football. Moss' ahtletic ability puts him at the top. It's Holt's route running and sure hands that makes him good, but better than Harrison? Not quite.This is FANTASY FOOTBALL. Holt has better FANTASY FOOTBALL value than Harrison. In a big game that is played on a Sunday that has meaning, yes give me Harrison. On a fantasy football team.....HOLT IS THE BETTER PLAYER!

true5.0
07-23-2004, 08:26 AM
david boston 39?? youve got be be kidding