PDA

View Full Version : "Those Bills teams were overrated"

!PapaCrunk81!
07-20-2004, 08:24 PM
I know ESPN's Page 2 can be a fluff page, but check out this editorial:

Overrated Bills (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=schoenfield/040720)
It's a little entertaining. :goof: :goof:

MOULDSROCKS
07-20-2004, 10:49 PM
Bullcrap. I could find links saying the 72 phins had the easiest schedule in NFL history..... they won and that's what counts. Same for the 72 team. You can't have it 2 diff ways.

BigNate123
07-21-2004, 04:13 PM
If there D wasn't good, how come every buffalo-miami game i watched(when marino was in his prime), the bills owned them. I remember watchin Bruce throw Marino to the ground EVERY PLAY. The bills were simply OUTCOACHED in the superbowls, (Parcells, Gibbs, and Jimmy Johnson)

!PapaCrunk81!
07-21-2004, 08:10 PM
Hey don't kill the messenger, I did state that Page 2 is almost always fluff material. Always remember, it's only funny when it's someone else.

Justasportsfan
07-23-2004, 11:43 AM
Hey don't kill the messenger, I did state that Page 2 is almost always fluff material. Always remember, it's only funny when it's someone else.
I think our D was overrated.

wonderl33t
07-23-2004, 05:54 PM
I know ESPN's Page 2 can be a fluff page, but check out this editorial:

Overrated Bills (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=schoenfield/040720)
It's a little entertaining. :goof: :goof:

I disagree with this, those Bills teams were dominant, even if they laid an egg in a couple of super bowls

dolfan_101
07-23-2004, 10:59 PM
A couple.....try four.

LosmanOwns7
07-29-2004, 12:59 AM
Yeah, let me know when the next team makes it to 4 Super Bowls in a row, regardless of results.

The guy's an idiot.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-02-2004, 10:56 AM
Bullcrap. I could find links saying the 72 phins had the easiest schedule in NFL history..... they won and that's what counts. Same for the 72 team. You can't have it 2 diff ways.

They lost. That is what counts.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-02-2004, 10:57 AM
I think our D was overrated.

Jim Kelly played worse than Jay Fiedler in the SBs.....

Justasportsfan
08-05-2004, 10:18 AM
Jim Kelly played worse than Jay Fiedler in the SBs.....
But he made it there more than Marino :tongue:

FinfanInBuffalo
08-05-2004, 02:57 PM
But he made it there more than Marino :tongue:

And won just as many. :tongue:

Justasportsfan
08-06-2004, 10:52 AM
And won just as many. :tongue:
Doesn't matter. Marino can only wish he made the sb just as often. Marino was Kelly's b!tch all those years :lol:

FinfanInBuffalo
08-06-2004, 11:15 AM
Doesn't matter.

Doesn't matter? Spoken like a true fan of a loser franchise. We've never won it, but at least we tried......

Rather than talking smack because the Bills went to four, how about coming back when the Bills HAVE WON a couple.

Justasportsfan
08-06-2004, 01:10 PM
Doesn't matter? Spoken like a true fan of a loser franchise. We've never won it, but at least we tried......

Rather than talking smack because the Bills went to four, how about coming back when the Bills HAVE WON a couple.
haha! Crunk started a thread about the 4 sb bills and now you bring up the franchise because you just got owned trying to smack Kelly. Run Forrest run! :lol:

Typical finfan who makes fun of that bills era once they get reminded that the fins were our doormat on our way there, they bring back the sb's. Your just love getting OWNED !!!!

FinfanInBuffalo
08-06-2004, 03:03 PM
haha! Crunk started a thread about the 4 sb bills and now you bring up the franchise because you just got owned trying to smack Kelly. Run Forrest run! :lol:

Typical finfan who makes fun of that bills era once they get reminded that the fins were our doormat on our way there, they bring back the sb's. Your just love getting OWNED !!!!

How did Kelly do in those SBs? :roflmao:

How sad is it when the best you can say about a franchise is that they lost 4 SBs and remain a big enough laughing stock to make a list of the biggest flops in sports?

Talked about getting owned.

Evil_Cartman
08-08-2004, 04:57 PM
You know it's bad when even a candybar(Snickers)uses your team stinking up Superbowls in a commercial."Were not going anywhere til we figure out a way to win the Superbowl"Not going antwhere for awhile? :roflmao:

Justasportsfan
08-09-2004, 10:41 AM
How did Kelly do in those SBs? :roflmao:

How sad is it when the best you can say about a franchise is that they lost 4 SBs and remain a big enough laughing stock to make a list of the biggest flops in sports?

Talked about getting owned.better than Marino :lol: How did MArino do in his 4 sb's? Oh wait , he only played in 1. How well did Fiedler do (your original smack) ? Oh wait he never got there and never will. :lol:

Talk about owned, Kelly owns Marino and MArv Levy owns Shula in the sb era that you make fun of. The fins were our b!tch in that era. I'm sure your gonna bring back the franchise record, blah,blah, blah since you haver no comeback for that era :lol:

FinfanInBuffalo
08-09-2004, 11:39 AM
Talk about owned, Kelly owns Marino and MArv Levy owns Shula in the sb era that you make fun of. The fins were our b!tch in that era. I'm sure your gonna bring back the franchise record, blah,blah, blah since you haver no comeback for that era :lol:

And you have no comeback for the franchise record.

Kelly didn't own Marino. They weren't on the field at the same time. Jim Kelly wasn't half the QB that Marino was. Its a ridiculous comparison.....

Marv Levy wasn't half the coach that Shula was either.

The Miami Dolphins only made it to one SB during Marino's career. That is a failing of the TEAM, not the individual player. Kelly personally sucked in the SB games. Thats on the PLAYER.

Even a franchise as crappy as the Bills can have brief periods when they don't suck. Congrats. Keep clinging to your brief time in the sun. You really don't have any choice.

Welcome back to the reality of the Bills:

2000: 8-8
2001: 3-13
2002: 8-8
2003: 6-10

Justasportsfan
08-09-2004, 11:43 AM
And you have no comeback for the franchise record.

Kelly didn't own Marino. They weren't on the field at the same time. Jim Kelly wasn't half the QB that Marino was. Its a ridiculous comparison.....

Marv Levy wasn't half the coach that Shula was either.

The Miami Dolphins only made it to one SB during Marino's career. That is a failing of the TEAM, not the individual player. Kelly personally sucked in the SB games. Thats on the PLAYER.

Even a franchise as crappy as the Bills can have brief periods when they don't suck. Congrats. Keep clinging to your brief time in the sun. You really don't have any choice.

Welcome back to the reality of the Bills:

2000: 8-8
2001: 3-13
2002: 8-8
2003: 6-10

You are so predictable. Man was I right about my b!tch. You blast Kelly and when I bring up what he did to the fins, you retreat and change the subject . :lol: You love sticking your foot in your mouth don't ya?

I've never said the bills has had a better franchise record. You however bring up a topic that has nothing to do w/ the thread at hand only becuase you started smack and got OWNED as usual :lol:

FinfanInBuffalo
08-09-2004, 02:18 PM
You are so predictable. Man was I right about my b!tch. You blast Kelly and when I bring up what he did to the fins, you retreat and change the subject . :lol: You love sticking your foot in your mouth don't ya?

I've never said the bills has had a better franchise record. You however bring up a topic that has nothing to do w/ the thread at hand only becuase you started smack and got OWNED as usual :lol:

I have to keep reminding myself that you are too stupid to follow a conversation..... :shakeno:

I brought up Kelly's performance in the SBs. The original article specifically refers to Kelly's poor performances! You brought Marino into the conversation. You changed the subject. I brought the topic back to Kelly's SB performances and you changed it again to Marino....Then YOU brought Levy & Shula into it....

Why not just try to defend Kelly's performances in the SBs? Why? Because they cannot be defended. They sucked.

Justasportsfan
08-09-2004, 02:38 PM
I have to keep reminding myself that you are too stupid to follow a conversation..... :shakeno: You obviously don't realize this isn't the samck forum. Who's the stupid one again? :lol:

I brought up Kelly's performance in the SBs. The original article specifically refers to Kelly's poor performances! You brought Marino into the conversation. You changed the subject. I brought the topic back to Kelly's SB performances and you changed it again to Marino....Then YOU brought Levy & Shula into it....

Because they cannot be defended. They sucked.

What I said "our D was overrated" had nothing to do w/ Feidler and you qouted me and then said....
Jim Kelly played worse than Jay Fiedler in the SBs......

You are the one who proved that you you are the i who couldn't follow a conversation.

Levy, Marino, Shula were all part of that era. You, were the one who dragged Fiedlers name into it with smack. DUH!!!!!!! Keep trying . :lol: Just so you know, Fiedler will NEVER make it or be considered into the HOF. Next thing you're gonna say is that Fielder is as average as Kelly , just like Wanny is the same level as MARV. :roflmao:

Because they cannot be defended. They sucked.
Why can't you defend Shula and marino? Because they were our b!tch :lol:

FinfanInBuffalo
08-09-2004, 03:46 PM
What I said "our D was overrated" had nothing to do w/ Feidler and you qouted me and then said....

I was pointing out that is wasn't just the D that blew up in SBs. The original article referenced Kelly's performances as well. Obviously you are not willing to do so....

Run and hide....

Justasportsfan
08-09-2004, 04:25 PM
I was pointing out that is wasn't just the D that blew up in SBs. The original article referenced Kelly's performances as well. Obviously you are not willing to do so....

Run and hide....and I was just pointing out that our D was overrated. Had you said Kelly didn't play well instead of "Kelly played worse than Fiedler" then your post wouldn't have been taken as smack. Once again Fiedler had nothing to do w/ those sb's.

Obviously you are not willing to do so........ Did I disagree about any of Kelly's performance? Where you waiting for me to say to say "kelly sucked"?

Tell me , do you think I am am I expecting you to say "Shula and Marino sucked against Marv and Jim's Bills?" because.........
Obviously you are not willing to do so........ DUH!!!!!!!!

I obviously OWN you so much that you tried to bait me and even started a thread calling me out. :lol:

Do you think about me all the time when you think about the bills ? :lol:

FinfanInBuffalo
08-09-2004, 04:45 PM
I obviously OWN you so much that you tried to bait me and even started a thread calling me out.

The fact that I started a thread that proved you wrong about Tommy Boy means you own me? :confused:

How about the reality that my knocks on Tommy Boy, Mike Williams, and Jeff Posey have all PROVEN to be true? I'm your worst nightmare...A Fins fan that knows enough about the Bills to expose them and their fans.

Justasportsfan
08-09-2004, 04:58 PM
The fact that I started a thread that proved you wrong about Tommy Boy means you own me? :confused:

How about the reality that my knocks on Tommy Boy, Mike Williams, and Jeff Posey have all PROVEN to be true? I'm your worst nightmare...A Fins fan that knows enough about the Bills to expose them and their fans. Haha!. You have proven nothing. All you did was take Posey and Williams and pretty much called them busts.

Posey played his 1st yr. and although he did not get sacks, he's made the team better. Do you disagree?

Mike Williams is in his 3rd yr. What year did Moulds become an elite? Answer.

Wanny hasn't taken the fins to the AFC champonhip, in 4 yrs. (Posey 1 yr, Mike Williams 2 yrs.) Is he a bust since it is expected that he take the fins to the sb? If all he's expected to do is win regualr season games and not the goal of every coach is a sb win then you win. I'll wait for your answer.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-09-2004, 05:09 PM
Posey played his 1st yr. and although he did not get sacks, he's made the team better. Do you disagree?

Just because he was an upgrade over Newman doesn't mean he lived up to expectations. The fact is they were expecting double digit sacks from him and got half of what they were looking for. That is a fact.

Mike Williams is in his 3rd yr. What year did Moulds become an elite? Answer.

Not relevant. Mike Williams will never live up to the #4 pick because he will never be good enough to play LT. #4 is too high to select a RT. He will be a bust by default. Donahoe blew this pick.

Wanny hasn't taken the fins to the AFC champonhip, in 4 yrs. (Posey 1 yr, Mike Williams 2 yrs.) Is he a bust since it is expected that he take the fins to the sb? If all he's expected to do is win regualr season games and not the goal of every coach is a sb win then you win. I'll wait for your answer.

SB trips aren't expected. They are wanted. If every team expected to go to the SB, there would be 30 coaches fired every year. The owner felt that the GM duties were Wanny's weakness not his coaching. I agree with him and the move he made.

Marv_Levy's_Hat
08-10-2004, 12:34 AM
we all need to take a deep breath here, get out our don shula hair pomade, dispense liberally throughout hair, style to desired don shula wave, finish with jimmy johnson spray, for all-day hold, and relax.

boy some of them fins coaches had nice hair. let's talk about that.

Justasportsfan
08-10-2004, 08:50 AM
Just because he was an upgrade over Newman doesn't mean he lived up to expectations. The fact is they were expecting double digit sacks from him and got half of what they were looking for. That is a fact. . Find me a link that says the bills expect double digit sacks. I want a link from the bills organization themselves and not a writers opinion. I will wait for a quote from Donahoe, Wilson , hey and even Greg Williams. We'll see if you have your facts.

Not relevant. Mike Williams will never live up to the #4 pick because he will never be good enough to play LT. #4 is too high to select a RT. He will be a bust by default. Donahoe blew this pick.. Not relevant? You just called somebody a bust after 2 years. After 3 years we can safely say by your logic Chambers is nothing but a no. 2 reciever? Do you agree?

He will never be good enough? That's your opinion and based on what you have been writing latley and being schooled, your opinion sucks. Stop playing Nostrodamus. You are horrible at it. Just bring me facts about the future. Oh wait, there are no facts. :rolleyes:

SB trips aren't expected. They are wanted. If every team expected to go to the SB, there would be 30 coaches fired every year. The owner felt that the GM duties were Wanny's weakness not his coaching. I agree with him and the move he made. You are running faster than Forrest Gump. Why is it that a player can be a bust and a coach cannot?

Anymore questions, I'd gladly educate you more. Glad to help :up:

Justasportsfan
08-10-2004, 10:30 AM
AJ Feely's nos. in 3 years
Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yards YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate
2001 Philadelphia Eagles 1 0 14 10 71.4 143 10.21 27 2 1 0/0 2 0 114.0
2002 Philadelphia Eagles 6 5 154 86 55.8 1011 6.56 53 6 5 7/48 15 3 75.4
2003 Philadelphia Eagles 0 0 0 0 --- 0 --- 0 0 0 0/0 0 0 ---
TOTAL 7 5 168 96 57.1 1154 6.87 53 8 6 7/48 17 3 79.3

:shakeno: not good. BY your logic he's a bust. You guys just traded a 2nd for a bust.

JAY Fiedler nos the first 4 years . BTW, Isn't he the annointed/chosen qb by your boy Wanny? Looks like Wanny insisted in starting a bust for the lst 4 years. Man, he surely took a bust to take the place of the Great Dan Marino.

1994 Philadelphia Eagles 0 0 0 0 --- 0 --- 0 0 0 0/0 0 0 ---
1995 Philadelphia Eagles 0 0 0 0 --- 0 --- 0 0 0 0/0 0 0 ---
1996 Philadelphia Eagles 0 0 0 0 --- 0 --- 0 0 0 0/0 0 0 ---
1997 Philadelphia Eagles 0 0 0 0 --- 0 --- 0 0 0 0/0 0 0 ---

That's 4 years. Uh-oh. Your logic isn't panning out, is it?

Give up yet, Wannyfaninbuffalo or should I pull out more nos. ? :lol:

PS why haven't you been defending your boy Wanny? http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=43307

FinfanInBuffalo
08-10-2004, 11:24 AM
Find me a link that says the bills expect double digit sacks. I want a link from the bills organization themselves and not a writers opinion. I will wait for a quote from Donahoe, Wilson , hey and even Greg Williams. We'll see if you have your facts.

I'm not playing that game again. I found you all the links you need. You just don't like what they say...

Not relevant? You just called somebody a bust after 2 years. After 3 years we can safely say by your logic Chambers is nothing but a no. 2 reciever? Do you agree?

No, I don't agree. Chambers put up 11 TDs last year in an offense that had trouble passing the ball. Those are not no. 2 receiver numbers. Mike Williams was the #4 pick. Can't you get it through your head that the standards are extremely high for a pick that high. He is not living up. Period. Get over it. YOU ARE WRONG.

He will never be good enough? That's your opinion and based on what you have been writing latley and being schooled, your opinion sucks. Stop playing Nostrodamus. You are horrible at it. Just bring me facts about the future. Oh wait, there are no facts.

Have you heard any talk about moving him to LT? I don't think so.....#4 pick for a crappy RT. That is just too funny.

Why is it that a player can be a bust and a coach cannot?

Why is it that you bring up irrelevant points to support your broken logic? Who said a coach cannot be a bust?

Face it. I schooled you on Williams, Donahoe, and Posey. My opinions on all three are now getting echoed by the BUFFALO MEDIA.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-10-2004, 11:31 AM
AJ Feely's nos. in 3 years
2001 Philadelphia Eagles 1 0 14 10 71.4 143 10.21 27 2 1 0/0 2 0 114.0
2002 Philadelphia Eagles 6 5 154 86 55.8 1011 6.56 53 6 5 7/48 15 3 75.4
2003 Philadelphia Eagles 0 0 0 0 --- 0 --- 0 0 0 0/0 0 0 ---
TOTAL 7 5 168 96 57.1 1154 6.87 53 8 6 7/48 17 3 79.3

:shakeno: not good. BY your logic he's a bust. You guys just traded a 2nd for a bust.

He was a 6th round pick you twit! He was playing on a team with an established starter and backup. Thats your great comeback? :roflmao:

JAY Fiedler nos the first 4 years . BTW, Isn't he the annointed/chosen qb by your boy Wanny? Looks like Wanny insisted in starting a bust for the lst 4 years. Man, he surely took a bust to take the place of the Great Dan Marino.

1994 Philadelphia Eagles 0 0 0 0 --- 0 --- 0 0 0 0/0 0 0 ---
1995 Philadelphia Eagles 0 0 0 0 --- 0 --- 0 0 0 0/0 0 0 ---
1996 Philadelphia Eagles 0 0 0 0 --- 0 --- 0 0 0 0/0 0 0 ---
1997 Philadelphia Eagles 0 0 0 0 --- 0 --- 0 0 0 0/0 0 0 ---

That's 4 years. Uh-oh. Your logic isn't panning out, is it?

Give up yet, Wannyfaninbuffalo or should I pull out more nos. ? :lol:

PS why haven't you been defending your boy Wanny? http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=43307

:confused:

You actually believe that 6th round picks and undrafted players come into the NFL with the same expectations as the #4 pick in the draft?

Don't try to come up with defenses for Mike "the bust" Williams. You just look foolish.....

Justasportsfan
08-10-2004, 12:53 PM
He was a 6th round pick you twit! He was playing on a team with an established starter and backup. Thats your great comeback? :roflmao: .....

You actually believe that 6th round picks and undrafted players come into the NFL with the same expectations as the #4 pick in the draft?..... No but after 4 years of being the starter and being challeneged by a 3rd string QB it actually points back to your Wanny who you refuse to call a bust after 4 years of mediocrity.

Don't try to come up with defenses for Mike "the bust" Williams. You just look foolish.....haha! Foolish. You call someone a bust after 2 yrs? Some people need to learn their football.

Justasportsfan
08-10-2004, 01:05 PM
I'm not playing that game again. I found you all the links you need. You just don't like what they say.... Someone's got caught w/ his head up his a$$. You stated the bills expected Posey to get double digit sacks. All you did was pull out articles by media.

Run Forrest RUN!!!! :lol:

No, I don't agree. Chambers put up 11 TDs last year in an offense that had trouble passing the ball. Those are not no. 2 receiver numbers. Mike Williams was the #4 pick. Can't you get it through your head that the standards are extremely high for a pick that high. He is not living up. Period. Get over it. YOU ARE WRONG. . Haha! You have found excuses for Chambers via the passing game. :clap: That's just it excuses. When he makes probowl like Moulds did in his 3rd year call me. although he has potential, he's nothing but a no. 2. Who threw him those 11 td's? He mustv'e ran for it because according to you the fins had trouble passing.

Excuses are for losers, you just proved that about your posts.

Why is it that you bring up irrelevant points to support your broken logic? Who said a coach cannot be a bust? . You agree Wanny is a bust since all he did was keep the fins in mediocrity? Or does he get a pass because he wins regular games and can't build a team to get to greatness just like Marv's 90's bills. :lol:

Face it. I schooled you on Williams, Donahoe, and Posey. My opinions on all three are now getting echoed by the BUFFALO MEDIA. You schooled no one. All you did was spin your comments and used articles as your post. Posey Solidified the lb position and help better the pass rush compared to Newsome.DUH!!!!!
Williams is in his 3rd year and already a bust? That's really stupid considering Moulds who you call irelevant because his busting out on his 3rd year just kills you logic.

Donahoe is well respected in the NFL. If you think he's an idiot, how about asking in the main forum. Learn your football. Just because not all TD's moves have turned to gold , doesn't mean he's an idiot. Spielman and Wanny is half the GM TD is at this point of his career.

Justasportsfan
08-10-2004, 01:22 PM
The fact is they were expecting double digit sacks from him and got half of what they were looking for. That is a fact.

I'm still waiting for your facts. Back up your statements. :D

Justasportsfan
08-10-2004, 01:26 PM

PS what happened? Looks like most of your fellow finfans share my opinion about your BOY Wanny. You Wanny fans can't even show up to defend your boy. :lol:

If I pulled out articles about how Wanny should've been fired by media, would that be considered as fact like you did w/ Donahoe? Media is all about opinion. Have you seen this guys opinion at firewandstedt.com ? :lol:

FinfanInBuffalo
08-10-2004, 01:49 PM
I'm still waiting for your facts. Back up your statements. :D

So.... you're saying the Bills expected his sacks to drop???????

If not, THEN HE DIDN'T LIVE UP TO EXPECTATIONS!!!!!!!

Which is it?

- Tommy Boy signs players with the expectation that their production will drop

OR

- Posey didn't meet expecations

Gotta pick one or the other......

"I hope Jeff has aspirations of getting double-digit sacks because he's going to get the same chances he got last year," Gray said.

Double-digit sacks expected this year....same chances as last year.... it shouldn't be hard to draw the conclusion that double-digit sacks were expected last year.....

FinfanInBuffalo
08-10-2004, 01:52 PM
PS what happened? Looks like most of your fellow finfans share my opinion about your BOY Wanny. You Wanny fans can't even show up to defend your boy. :lol:

If I pulled out articles about how Wanny should've been fired by media, would that be considered as fact like you did w/ Donahoe? Media is all about opinion. Have you seen this guys opinion at firewandstedt.com ? :lol:

The opinion about TD came from a noted Bills homer and a professional sports writer. I merely used it as evidence that my opinion of TD was not based on being a Fins fan.

There was a poll about Wanny a while back. The results came back 3 to 1 in favor of Wanny.....you lose...again.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Haha! You have found excuses for Chambers via the passing game. :clap:

11 TDs are an excuse?????? Nice try.....

Williams is in his 3rd year and already a bust? That's really stupid considering Moulds who you call irelevant because his busting out on his 3rd year just kills you logic.

Donahoe is well respected in the NFL. If you think he's an idiot, how about asking in the main forum. Learn your football. Just because not all TD's moves have turned to gold , doesn't mean he's an idiot. Spielman and Wanny is half the GM TD is at this point of his career.

Blah, blah, blah.....Please tell me how many SBs TD has won....

John Butler used to be idolized by idiot Bills fans too. Now he is the excuse for TDs poor performance....

Tell you what, find one draft pick that Tommy Boy has made for the Bills that was later than the third round and has really suprised people.... Here are your choices:

4 4 14 111 Terrence McGee DB Northwestern State
5 4 30 127 Sam Aiken WR North Carolina
6 5 16 151 Ben Sobieski G Iowa
7 6 14 187 Lauvale Sape DT Utah
8 7 14 228 Mario Haggan LB Mississippi State
5 5 4 139 Justin Bannan DT Colorado
6 6 4 176 Kevin Thomas DB UNLV
7 7 4 215 Mike Pucillo G Auburn
8 7 39 250 Rodney Wright WR Fresno State
9 7 41 252 Jarrett Ferguson RB Virginia Tech
10 7 49 260 Dominique Stevenson LB Tennessee
6 4 15 110 Brandon Spoon LB North Carolina
7 5 13 144 Marques Sullivan T Illinois
8 6 15 178 Tony Driver DB Notre Dame
9 6 32 195 Dan O'Leary TE Notre Dame
10 6 33 196 Jimmy Williams DB Vanderbilt
11 7 14 214 Reggie Germany WR Ohio State
12 7 38 238 Tyrone Robertson DT Hinds J.C.

Which ones have turned out to be steals?

Find me one that is as good as Randy McMichael, how about as good as Ogun? or even Arturo Freeman?

Justasportsfan
08-10-2004, 02:38 PM
So.... you're saying the Bills expected his sacks to drop???????

If not, THEN HE DIDN'T LIVE UP TO EXPECTATIONS!!!!!!!

Which is it?

- Tommy Boy signs players with the expectation that their production will drop

OR

- Posey didn't meet expecations

Gotta pick one or the other...........
NO! TD signs players he expects to improve the D one way or another. He did improve the lb postiotion , do you disagree?

Double-digit sacks expected this year....same chances as last year.... it shouldn't be hard to draw the conclusion that double-digit sacks were expected last year...........I thought my english was bad. He hopes. That doesn't mean he expects.

Justasportsfan
08-10-2004, 02:48 PM
Blah, blah, blah.....Please tell me how many SBs TD has won....

John Butler used to be idolized by idiot Bills fans too. Now he is the excuse for TDs poor performance....

Tell you what, find one draft pick that Tommy Boy has made for the Bills that was later than the third round and has really suprised people.... Here are your choices:

4 4 14 111 Terrence McGee DB Northwestern State
5 4 30 127 Sam Aiken WR North Carolina
6 5 16 151 Ben Sobieski G Iowa
7 6 14 187 Lauvale Sape DT Utah
8 7 14 228 Mario Haggan LB Mississippi State
5 5 4 139 Justin Bannan DT Colorado
6 6 4 176 Kevin Thomas DB UNLV
7 7 4 215 Mike Pucillo G Auburn
8 7 39 250 Rodney Wright WR Fresno State
9 7 41 252 Jarrett Ferguson RB Virginia Tech
10 7 49 260 Dominique Stevenson LB Tennessee
6 4 15 110 Brandon Spoon LB North Carolina
7 5 13 144 Marques Sullivan T Illinois
8 6 15 178 Tony Driver DB Notre Dame
9 6 32 195 Dan O'Leary TE Notre Dame
10 6 33 196 Jimmy Williams DB Vanderbilt
11 7 14 214 Reggie Germany WR Ohio State
12 7 38 238 Tyrone Robertson DT Hinds J.C.

Which ones have turned out to be steals?

Find me one that is as good as Randy McMichael, how about as good as Ogun? or even Arturo Freeman? Butler, er....once again you bring back someone who isn't part of the discussion. Someone's reaching for weapons to use. Getting desperate? :lol:

Way to post his mistakes. Should I bring out Wanny's mistakes? No waste of tie. Let his declining team standing speak for itself. You cannot criticize one guy for misses and then go on to say that your boy is a good HC. That's being biased.

The opinion about TD came from a noted Bills homer and a professional sports writer. I merely used it as evidence that my opinion of TD was not based on being a Fins fan.

There was a poll about Wanny a while back. The results came back 3 to 1 in favor of Wanny.....you lose...again.? You are biased to say that TD failed and refuse to face that failures of your beloved Wanny. Notice how not a whole lot of bills fans have been screaming for TD's head compared to finfas startin threads for Wanny's head on a platter .HELLLOOOOO!!!!!! Spin away.

You take 1 or 2 articles and then ignore the tons of threads and some articles implying Wanny is in the hotseat. A good HC is never in the hotseat.

Justasportsfan
08-10-2004, 02:51 PM
PS, I'm still waiting for your so called facts. Where are they ?:lol:

FinfanInBuffalo
08-10-2004, 02:57 PM
Butler, er....once again you bring back someone who isn't part of the discussion. Someone's reaching for weapons to use. Getting desperate? :lol:

Way to post his mistakes. Should I bring out Wanny's mistakes? No waste of tie. Let his declining team standing speak for itself. You cannot criticize one guy for misses and then go on to say that your boy is a good HC. That's being biased.

You are biased to say that TD failed and refuse to face that failures of your beloved Wanny. Notice how not a whole lot of bills fans have been screaming for TD's head compared to finfas startin threads for Wanny's head on a platter .HELLLOOOOO!!!!!! Spin away.

You take 1 or 2 articles and then ignore the tons of threads and some articles implying Wanny is in the hotseat. A good HC is never in the hotseat.

Blah, blah.... your typical long winded approach to AVOIDING THE QUESTION.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-10-2004, 02:58 PM
PS, I'm still waiting for your so called facts. Where are they ?:lol:

You mean the facts that you keep ignoring?

Justasportsfan
08-10-2004, 06:03 PM
You mean the facts that you keep ignoring?Those are not facts. Those are write-ups. DUH!!!

I'm still waiting. Where are the quotes where Anyone in the org." expected" Posey to get more than 10 sacks. :D

Admit it, you have nothing. :D

FinfanInBuffalo
08-10-2004, 07:35 PM
Those are not facts. Those are write-ups. DUH!!!

I'm still waiting. Where are the quotes where Anyone in the org." expected" Posey to get more than 10 sacks. :D

Admit it, you have nothing. :D

Other than Jerry Gray? I'm sorry if you're too simple to understand the direct quote from the DC.

Why else would the DC mention double digit sacks and the opportunities that Posey got last year? It was a challenge to Posey to live up to expecations.

AmishJihad
08-10-2004, 07:37 PM
Double-digit sacks expected this year....same chances as last year.... it shouldn't be hard to draw the conclusion that double-digit sacks were expected last year.....
When you assume....

BTW, I feel bad for the kid in your avatar.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-10-2004, 07:37 PM
Blah, blah.... your typical long winded approach to AVOIDING THE QUESTION.

I'm still waiting for you to find a single pick by Tommy Boy that exceeded expectations.........

FinfanInBuffalo
08-10-2004, 07:53 PM
When you assume....

Can you think of another explanation? Posey had 8.5 sacks in 2002. Do you believe that they expected his sacks to drop? Stay the same? increase in a better defense than Houston's?

Which is most likely? Come on man....

Why did Gray mention double digit sacks and last year's opportunities?

Why does every report about the Gildon signing mention that he was brought in to get sacks and mention Posey?

Go ahead, keep you head in the sand....

AmishJihad
08-11-2004, 04:55 AM
They mention Posey because he plays the same position. :shakeno: They also mention that Posey is a better cover man and is like Gildon in his prime.

I'm still waiting for you to find a single pick by Tommy Boy that exceeded expectations.........
Aaron Schobel

And believe it or not, Mike Puccillo. A 7th rounder even making the team is exceeding expectations, much less becoming a starter.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-11-2004, 08:25 AM
Aaron Schobel

Schobel was a mid-second round pick and he is an average DE. That's it? :lol:

And believe it or not, Mike Puccillo. A 7th rounder even making the team is exceeding expectations, much less becoming a starter.

Right now Puccillo is starting because the other guys suck worse. Didn't you watch Puccillo get tossed around like a girl last year. IF Puccillo develops into a servicable starter, I'll agree with you.

Kind of slim pickings trying to find hidden gems from Tommy Boy's drafts....

AmishJihad
08-11-2004, 09:57 AM
Schobel was a mid-second round pick and he is an average DE. That's it? :lol:
How many Bruce Smith's and Jason Taylor's have been drafted recently?? Inform me. Double digit sacks is enough to be known as a quality DE. If he hits double digits again this season he'll get top dollar if he makes it to F/A. For example, Grant Wistrom. Great De's are hard to come by.

Another "hidden gem" that I forgot to mention was Terrence McGee. Sam Aiken is getting rave reviews in camp and was just starting to come on last season when he got injured. Kevin Thomas is also a quality pick who could see an increase in playing time. Justin Bannan, Angelo Crowell and Ron Edwards are quality depth.

Next....

FinfanInBuffalo
08-11-2004, 10:51 AM
How many Bruce Smith's and Jason Taylor's have been drafted recently?? Inform me. Double digit sacks is enough to be known as a quality DE. If he hits double digits again this season he'll get top dollar if he makes it to F/A. For example, Grant Wistrom. Great De's are hard to come by.

Another "hidden gem" that I forgot to mention was Terrence McGee. Sam Aiken is getting rave reviews in camp and was just starting to come on last season when he got injured. Kevin Thomas is also a quality pick who could see an increase in playing time. Justin Bannan, Angelo Crowell and Ron Edwards are quality depth.

Next....

I've got two words for you ..... Adewale Ogunleye!!!! Better than drafted, he was a FA rookie.

Compare Schobel to Ogun and tell me who is the hidden gem....I wasn't knocking his performance. He was a mid second round pick. He should perform!

Terrance McGee???? :lol:
Sam Aiken???? :lol:
Kevin Thomas, Justin Bannan, Angelo Crowell and Ron Edwards ????? :lol:

Stop it man you're killing me!!!!!
:roflmao: :roflmao:

Justasportsfan
08-11-2004, 02:27 PM
Other than Jerry Gray? I'm sorry if you're too simple to understand the direct quote from the DC.

Why else would the DC mention double digit sacks and the opportunities that Posey got last year? It was a challenge to Posey to live up to expecations.Jerry Gray's said "hope" not expect

Hey, I "hope" the bills win the division, do I expect them to , NO!!!! You speak english Wannyfan? HEllO!!! You keep making your self look worse.

Justasportsfan
08-11-2004, 04:38 PM
GRAY: " Last year we put Jeff (Posey) on the line during that formation, but we were short a quality linebacker to fill in. Now we can still play Jeff on the line and have Jason as a linebacker. He'll also get some work at defensive end in various packages."

Well, well well, can't really blame Posey can we since it was hard to rush him more often (which was stated before) than the bills wanted to because of the lack of a back up.

Wait it's from the horses mouth. He must be lying. Let's see what media had to say. Knowing Wannyfaninbuffalo, he'll spin the words and believe the media more :lol:

AmishJihad
08-11-2004, 04:57 PM
I've got two words for you ..... Adewale Ogunleye!!!! Better than drafted, he was a FA rookie.

Compare Schobel to Ogun and tell me who is the hidden gem....I wasn't knocking his performance. He was a mid second round pick. He should perform!
Sometimes you get lucky... Put Taylor on the other side of Schobel and he'd probably get 16 too.

Terrance McGee???? :lol:Where were you last year?

Sam Aiken???? :lol:Your opinion.... and he's quality depth!

Kevin Thomas, Justin Bannan, Angelo Crowell and Ron Edwards ????? :lol:Quality depth... say it with me

Justasportsfan
08-12-2004, 09:02 AM
Jonas Jennings. Aaron Shoebel. Travis Henry. Has he had some busts? Yes, who hasn't?Denny just like Williams will be found out in their "3rd" year.

Won't be long before a busted up McGahee proves he's was worth 23rd when everyone laughed at TD. :D

FinfanInBuffalo
08-12-2004, 09:55 AM
GRAY: " Last year we put Jeff (Posey) on the line during that formation, but we were short a quality linebacker to fill in. Now we can still play Jeff on the line and have Jason as a linebacker. He'll also get some work at defensive end in various packages."

Well, well well, can't really blame Posey can we since it was hard to rush him more often (which was stated before) than the bills wanted to because of the lack of a back up.

Wait it's from the horses mouth. He must be lying. Let's see what media had to say. Knowing Wannyfaninbuffalo, he'll spin the words and believe the media more :lol:

That was a quote about A SINGLE DEFENSIVE FORMATION.

AND he stated that Jeff was on the line in that formation!!!!!!!!! Meaning he was supposed to be rushing the passer!!!!!!!!!! The concern was the LB playing behind Posey in that formation!!!!!! So again, WHERE WERE ALL THE SACKS?????? Man, you make this too easy.....

If your boss said that he hoped you anticipate doubling your production this year AND you would get the same chances as last year, you wouldn't take that as a message????? If not, you would not be long for the job......

Let me ask the simple question again, one last time. Either answer or STFU....

Do you think the Bills expected Posey's numbers to DROP? Simple question requiring a yes or no answer.... no long-winded BS......

FinfanInBuffalo
08-12-2004, 09:57 AM
Quality depth... say it with me

I didn't ask if TD had ever drafted quality depth.....

I asked where the hidden gems after the 3rd round were....

The simple answer is that there are none.....

Justasportsfan
08-12-2004, 12:37 PM
Jerry Gray's said "hope" not expect

Hey, I "hope" the bills win the division, do I expect them to , NO!!!! You speak english Wannyfan? HEllO!!! You keep making your self look worse.
why did you ignore this? :D

Justasportsfan
08-12-2004, 12:45 PM

If your boss said that he hoped you anticipate doubling your production this year AND you would get the same chances as last year, you wouldn't take that as a message????? ...... You are freaking twisting his words and making your own interpretation. Once again he hoped for double sacks. He NEVER said he EXPECTS double sacks. DO you speak ENGLISH?????????

Do you think the Bills expected Posey's numbers to DROP? Simple question requiring a yes or no answer.... no long-winded BS......NO and I have answered that by stating he was hired to help solidify/improve the lb postition. You yourself said he did upgrade the lb position. Why is it so hard for you to understand your own post ?

You harp on the fact that his sack nos dropped and yet say he upgraded the position and then imply he's a bust? Textbook Wannyfaninbuffalo. You've lost boy. Proven to contadict yourself. Twisting a Gray's quote and saying Donaohoe is a liar when a quote was brought out to prove you wrong.

Sorry, say what you want, you've been owned!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone can see you're just trying to save face. :D

FinfanInBuffalo
08-12-2004, 02:22 PM
You are freaking twisting his words and making your own interpretation. Once again he hoped for double sacks. He NEVER said he EXPECTS double sacks. DO you speak ENGLISH?????????

He didn't say he hopes Posey gets double digit sacks. He said he hopes Jeff has aspirations of getting double-digit sacks because he's going to get the same chances he got last year.

Aspiration - synonym: Goal

Therefor he hopes Posey's goal is to get double digit sacks with the same chances as last year. Doesn't that mean he should have gotten double digit sacks last year too? Why didn't he say that Jeff should target double digit sacks because he would get more chances this year?

Does everything need to get spelled out for you? You are as dumb as a stump........ :shakeno:

NO

I knew you wouldn't be able to just answer the question.....You are just too FOS.

But, you just admitted that Posey did not live up to expectations....THANK YOU!! FINALLY !!!!

You harp on the fact that his sack nos dropped and yet say he upgraded the position and then imply he's a bust? Textbook Wannyfaninbuffalo. You've lost boy. Proven to contadict yourself.

He was brought in to get double digit sacks. He got 5.5 which was a very modest upgrade to last years performance by Newman (3), but way below expectations......

There you have it. He was an upgrade but still below expectations. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend? There is no contradiction.

Justasportsfan
08-12-2004, 02:55 PM
He didn't say he hopes Posey gets double digit sacks. He said he hopes Jeff has aspirations of getting double-digit sacks because he's going to get the same chances he got last year.

Aspiration - synonym: Goal

Therefor he hopes Posey's goal is to get double digit sacks with the same chances as last year. Doesn't that mean he should have gotten double digit sacks last year too? Why didn't he say that Jeff should target double digit sacks because he would get more chances this year?

Does everything need to get spelled out for you? You are as dumb as a stump........ :shakeno: .
that makes it even worse. Once again I will reference your logic. Wanny has aspirations of winning the sb , therefore he is expected to win a sb and since his team has declined in two years therefore he's a BUST? Your logic , so how is it Wanny is a good coach and Posey is a bust.

Just keeps getting worse for you everytime you open your mouth. :lol:

He was brought in to get double digit sacks. He got 5.5 which was a very modest upgrade to last years performance by Newman (3), but way below expectations......

. Way below expectation. Haha! He's better than Seau or Greenwood. Do you want to compare salaries and value?

BTW, Still no proof of the bills expectation. :lol:

Posey didn't live up to expectation (according to you based on sacks :rolleyes: ) and yet he's the starter.... He's also a bust after 1 year :lol: Man you're funny. :lol:

AmishJihad
08-12-2004, 11:48 PM
I didn't ask if TD had ever drafted quality depth.....

I asked where the hidden gems after the 3rd round were....

The simple answer is that there are none.....
There arent many in the league. Its rare to find your so called "hidden gems", like a Tom Brady.

Here's a hidden gem for you: Brian Moorman.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-13-2004, 10:08 AM
Here's a hidden gem for you: Brian Moorman.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

That's a better slap on Tommy Boy than I could ever imagine!!!!

His lone hidden gem is a punter!!!1

FinfanInBuffalo
08-13-2004, 10:20 AM
that makes it even worse. Once again I will reference your logic. Wanny has aspirations of winning the sb , therefore he is expected to win a sb and since his team has declined in two years therefore he's a BUST? Your logic , so how is it Wanny is a good coach and Posey is a bust.

Way below expectation. Haha! He's better than Seau or Greenwood. Do you want to compare salaries and value?

BTW, Still no proof of the bills expectation. :lol:

Posey didn't live up to expectation (according to you based on sacks :rolleyes: ) and yet he's the starter.... He's also a bust after 1 year :lol: Man you're funny. :lol:

Change the subject, ignore the obvious......typical tactics by you

You said it yourself. The Bills did not expect a drop in production. That is what they got.

He DID NOT meet expecations. You cannot paint it any other way and not look like a homer idiot.....

Justasportsfan
08-13-2004, 12:24 PM

you ignoring this? :lol: Of course you are . It proves you logic is stupid or you don't understand english.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-13-2004, 12:39 PM
you ignoring this? :lol: Of course you are . It proves you logic is stupid or you don't understand english.

It proves my point you dumb f**k!!!

Wanny had his GM responsibilities removed because the team had personnel problems (OL) that led to a decline in offensive production. His weakness was recognized and addressed.

Posey's weakness (rushing the passer) was recognized and addressed also. His name is Jason Gildon.

Do you ever get tired of looking stupid?

Justasportsfan
08-13-2004, 02:23 PM
It proves my point you dumb f**k!!!

Wanny had his GM responsibilities removed because the team had personnel problems (OL) that led to a decline in offensive production. His weakness was recognized and addressed.

Posey's weakness (rushing the passer) was recognized and addressed also. His name is Jason Gildon.

Do you ever get tired of looking stupid?Wow, your lack of the english language also hampers your comprehension. I was implying your problem w/ the words hope, expectation and aspiration.

Haha! Gildon hasn't played yet. Do you have short term memory problems. Gray said he didn't have a player to take Posey's plays last year. Thing is the fact that you consider a player a bust in his first year just shows you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Have been to camp? I have. Guess what , there were times theat Both Posey and Gildon were lined up together. One to rush the passer and one to support. Unless you've been to camp , stop playing Mr. know it all.

Using wanny's GM position is an excuse. While he was a GM he had the ability to make decision to get the players he thought would make the team better from a Coaches standpoint as well. Lucas, Griese, 4 yrs. of Fiedler, fletcher, one mistake after another.. BUST!!!!!! :lol:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7571274

Why would most media and finfans have any doubts if Wanny is a good coach. Only Wannyfans like yourself would formulate opinion that he's a good coach :lol:

FinfanInBuffalo
08-13-2004, 04:59 PM
Wow, your lack of the english language also hampers your comprehension. I was implying your problem w/ the words hope, expectation and aspiration.

Haha! Gildon hasn't played yet. Do you have short term memory problems. Gray said he didn't have a player to take Posey's plays last year. Thing is the fact that you consider a player a bust in his first year just shows you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Have been to camp? I have. Guess what , there were times theat Both Posey and Gildon were lined up together. One to rush the passer and one to support. Unless you've been to camp , stop playing Mr. know it all.

Using wanny's GM position is an excuse. While he was a GM he had the ability to make decision to get the players he thought would make the team better from a Coaches standpoint as well. Lucas, Griese, 4 yrs. of Fiedler, fletcher, one mistake after another.. BUST!!!!!! :lol:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7571274

Why would most media and finfans have any doubts if Wanny is a good coach. Only Wannyfans like yourself would formulate opinion that he's a good coach :lol:

wow, you are a dumb sh!t .... :eek:

AmishJihad
08-14-2004, 12:56 AM
wow, you are a dumb sh!t .... :eek:Said the man who just got :0wned: !!

FinfanInBuffalo
08-14-2004, 10:27 AM
Said the man who just got :0wned: !!

Do you have to be stupid to be a Bills fan or does being a Bills fan make you stupid? Either way there is perfect correlation between the two.

dantheman1280
08-14-2004, 06:25 PM

AINT THAT THE TRUTH!!

AmishJihad
08-14-2004, 10:36 PM
Do you have to be stupid to be a Bills fan or does being a Bills fan make you stupid? Either way there is perfect correlation between the two.
:0wned:

Justasportsfan
08-16-2004, 12:27 PM
wow, you are a dumb sh!t .... :eek:
coming from someone who says Wanny=Marv :roflmao: