PDA

View Full Version : Al Franken Beats O'Reilly in NY Radio Matchup

Karl_12
07-22-2004, 12:28 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040721/media_nm/media_airamerica_dc

PhinPhan1227
07-22-2004, 12:46 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040721/media_nm/media_airamerica_dc

Lol...but Rush beat them both in the Liberal headquarters.

Section126
07-22-2004, 12:24 PM
Lol...but Rush beat them both in the Liberal headquarters.

I beat O'Reilly...his radio rating have always sucked........His TV ratings on the other hand are great.

As for Franken.....Rush squashed him in EVERY SINGLE MARKET where they were head to head......

P4E
07-22-2004, 01:59 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040721/media_nm/media_airamerica_dcOH MY GOD!! I'M DYING HERE! THE IRONY!!!!!!!!!!!

A liberal has come here to argue that Franken beat O'Reilly... and I could really care less either way, BUT...

if anyone wants a more ironic example of liberal bias in the media, please ACTUALLY READ THE ARTICLE this liberal has pointed out for us.

Buried in the article is the plain and simple FACT that O'REILLY BEAT FRANKEN.

O'Reilly did slightly better than Franken in the broader demographic of all listeners aged 12 and up. Only in the liberal realm of journalism can a conservative DEFEAT a liberal overall... and the "unbiased" reporter and editors then choose to make their story AND HEADLINE express that their preferred guy won. I can just see these guys getting the raw, overall numbers... feeling their panties twist in a bind for a moment... and then they set about the task of finding some internal demographic that they can declare to be the ACTUAL contest.
WHAT CRAP!!!!

I'm curious, liberals... when you declared victory by deciding the contest is suddenly only within a selected age demographic, you ELIMINATED EVERYONE ABOVE AGE 55 from consideration. Is this to be your new Seniors policy? In eliminating them, do you actually grind them up into Soylent Green?

Liberals are such irrational, hypocritical clowns sometimes. Yeesh.:rolleyes:

ohall
07-22-2004, 02:01 PM
OH MY GOD!! I'M DYING HERE! THE IRONY!!!!!!!!!!!

A liberal has come here to argue that Franken beat O'Reilly... and I could really care less either way, BUT...

if anyone wants a more ironic example of liberal bias in the media, please ACTUALLY READ THE ARTICLE this liberal has pointed out for us.

Buried in the article is the plain and simple FACT that O'REILLY BEAT FRANKEN.

Only in the liberal realm of journalism can a conservative DEFEAT a liberal overall... and the "unbiased" reporter and editors then choose to make their story AND HEADLINE express that their preferred guy won. I can just see these guys getting the raw, overall numbers... feeling their panties twist in a bind for a moment... and then they set about the task of finding some internal demographic that they can declare to be the ACTUAL contest. WHAT CRAP!!!!

I'm curious, liberals... when you declared victory by deciding the contest is suddenly only within a selected age demographic, you ELIMINATED EVERYONE ABOVE AGE 55 from consideration. Is this to be your new Seniors policy? In eliminating them, do you actually grind them up into Soylent Green?

Liberals are such irrational, hypocritical clowns sometimes. Yeesh.:rolleyes:

You actually read that article? You are a better man than me P4E! :D

Oliver...

Section126
07-22-2004, 02:09 PM
Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P4E
07-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Liberal Editor: Hey, let's do a story on how very many people like to hear from Al Franken.

Liberal Reporter: Okay, should I get the "sweeps month" TV ratings?

Liberal Editor: Well, umm, .... Franken's act hasn't actually shown enough viewer interest to merit a TV program. We have to stick to radio.

Liberal Reporter: Okay, I'll grab the national Arbitron surveys that present radio-listener levels across the country.

Liberal Editor: Ummm, wait. No need to get all caught up in what folks in the red states might think. Let's just find the biggest urban area nestled in a group of blue states. That's a fair representation, in my opinion.

Liberal Reporter: Okay. I guess the opinions of New York City listeners accurately reflect all of America. Let's run with those.

Liberal Editor: Okay. So, Franken won hands down, right?

Liberal Reporter: Well, no. Rush Limbaugh cleaned his clock, actually. But that's just an aberration. That's secondary to the reality that America really loves Al Franken.

Liberal Editor: Exactly. Bury the reference to Rush, declare Franken the winner, and play up that he beat that Bill O'Reilly guy. Case closed. Write it up.

Liberal Reporter: Well, one other problem, boss. Franken didn't beat O'Reilly. More people listened to O'Reilly than Franken, even though we all know that...

Liberal Editor: ...America really loves Al Franken.

Liberal Reporter: Right.

Liberal Editor: Well, we all know that older people don't really pay attention to politics and anyone under 25 doesn't really know jack, so what happens if we just go with the 25 to 54 year old radio-listeners in the New York City area. That's America, in my opinion, and we all know that America loves Al Franken.

Liberal Reporter: Well, look at this! In what we have refined by broadcast medium, geography and age, Franken actually finished slightly ahead of third place.

Liberal Editor: I TOLD you America loves Al Franken! He won. Write it up!

ohall
07-22-2004, 03:06 PM
Liberal Editor: Hey, let's do a story on how very many people like to hear from Al Franken.

Liberal Reporter: Okay, should I get the "sweeps month" TV ratings?

Liberal Editor: Well, umm, .... Franken's act hasn't actually shown enough viewer interest to merit a TV program. We have to stick to radio.

Liberal Reporter: Okay, I'll grab the national Arbitron surveys that present radio-listener levels across the country.

Liberal Editor: Ummm, wait. No need to get all caught up in what folks in the red states might think. Let's just find the biggest urban area nestled in a group of blue states. That's a fair representation, in my opinion.

Liberal Reporter: Okay. I guess the opinions of New York City listeners accurately reflect all of America. Let's run with those.

Liberal Editor: Okay. So, Franken won hands down, right?

Liberal Reporter: Well, no. Rush Limbaugh cleaned his clock, actually. But that's just an aberration. That's secondary to the reality that America really loves Al Franken.

Liberal Editor: Exactly. Bury the reference to Rush, declare Franken the winner, and play up that he beat that Bill O'Reilly guy. Case closed. Write it up.

Liberal Reporter: Well, one other problem, boss. Franken didn't beat O'Reilly. More people listened to O'Reilly than Franken, even though we all know that...

Liberal Editor: ...America really loves Al Franken.

Liberal Reporter: Right.

Liberal Editor: Well, we all know that older people don't really pay attention to politics and anyone under 25 doesn't really know jack, so what happens if we just go with the 25 to 54 year old radio-listeners in the New York City area. That's America, in my opinion, and we all know that America loves Al Franken.

Liberal Reporter: Well, look at this! In what we have refined by broadcast medium, geography and age, Franken actually finished slightly ahead of third place.

Liberal Editor: I TOLD you America loves Al Franken! He won. Write it up!

LoL. So true, I'm convinced that's how most of these guys do things. It's funny because it's so true!

Oliver...

Karl_12
07-22-2004, 04:43 PM
Just give time, soon the O'Franken Factor will be the #1 radio show in the country.

t2thejz
07-22-2004, 04:44 PM
KARL just got OWNED for like the 6th time since he has been posting

ohall
07-22-2004, 04:56 PM
Just give time, soon the O'Franken Factor will be the #1 radio show in the country.

Dude he's losing stations on a daily basis. Air America prob won't even be around another 6 months. The only LIB's that do well on radio are LIB's that are there to serve as counter points to the STAR REP personalities. This is the one area that conservatives rule.

Oliver...

P4E
07-22-2004, 05:11 PM
Karl, I just wanted to thank you for posting that article. We all found it very informative, -- just not in the way you intended or expected.

Keep up the good work.:)

ltfinfan
07-23-2004, 11:06 AM

:roflmao: please stop i can't take it :roflmao:

DolFan31
07-23-2004, 11:08 AM
Dude he's losing stations on a daily basis. Air America prob won't even be around another 6 months. The only LIB's that do well on radio are LIB's that are there to serve as counter points to the STAR REP personalities. This is the one area that conservatives rule.

Oliver...

Says who? Actually Air America is EXPANDING and that means its getting BIGGER and more POPULAR. You can foam out of your mouth as much as you want about it, its a growing trend.

http://radio.about.com/od/airamericaradio/a/aa060904a.htm
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040405/nym137_1.html

muscle979
07-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Stop saying there is a liberal bias in the media, thats just doesn't make sense. Look at Fox News. And why was pres clinton constantly assaulted by the media???? Why, just tell me that, I bet no one can tell me why the "liberal biased media" would go after a democratic president.

ohall
07-23-2004, 12:33 PM
Stop saying there is a liberal bias in the media, thats just doesn't make sense. Look at Fox News. And why was pres clinton constantly assaulted by the media???? Why, just tell me that, I bet no one can tell me why the "liberal biased media" would go after a democratic president.

They did? I remember listening to them during that time and most were saying how the congress and senate were out of line.

Yeah FNC is one channel on TV that does not have a bias towards anyone. The problem is the rest of them have a bias for LIBERAL subjects. Short of RADIO, and the Internet the LIBERALS control all the media. You can run away from that all you want to.

Oliver...

ohall
07-23-2004, 12:35 PM
Says who? Actually Air America is EXPANDING and that means its getting BIGGER and more POPULAR. You can foam out of your mouth as much as you want about it, its a growing trend.

http://radio.about.com/od/airamericaradio/a/aa060904a.htm
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040405/nym137_1.html

Nonsense. They are losing more and more stations on a daily basis. They can't even pay their employes health insurance.

Yeah I'm foaming at the mouth, that's why they are at the bottom end of the ratings in every major radio market.

Oliver...

DolFan31
07-23-2004, 01:41 PM
Also:

Rush=10+ years being on the radio. Im sure he didnt do very well the first year he was on the air.

Air America=Not even a year yet.

So its quite unfair to say a radio network thats only been around for a few months and is still expanding to other markets is lagging behind. Give it time and we'll see.

DolFan31
07-23-2004, 01:44 PM
Nonsense. They are losing more and more stations on a daily basis. They can't even pay their employes health insurance.

Yeah I'm foaming at the mouth, that's why they are at the bottom end of the ratings in every major radio market.

Oliver...

I just presented two articles that says theyre expanding to other markets. What have presented that says theyre losing more and more stations on a daily basis? In fact, Air America just expanding into the South Florida market on 940 a.m. If theyre losing more and more stations on a daily basis, why are they still expanding?

ohall
07-23-2004, 05:02 PM
I just presented two articles that says theyre expanding to other markets. What have presented that says theyre losing more and more stations on a daily basis? In fact, Air America just expanding into the South Florida market on 940 a.m. If theyre losing more and more stations on a daily basis, why are they still expanding?

Yeah that Internet streaming is a HUGE step in the right direction for Air America. I'll bet you they are off the air after the elections, forget 6 months. They are doomed.

Oliver...

ohall
07-23-2004, 05:03 PM
Also:

Rush=10+ years being on the radio. Im sure he didnt do very well the first year he was on the air.

Air America=Not even a year yet.

So its quite unfair to say a radio network thats only been around for a few months and is still expanding to other markets is lagging behind. Give it time and we'll see.

Air America lacks the $ to be a success. The air time they are getting right now is from LIBERAL charity. That will only last so long. Even LIBERALS kneel to the all mighty $ alter.

Oliver...

Bling
07-23-2004, 05:08 PM

you're right, they did. Let me ask you something, besides Phil Hendrie (who right now backs up our conservative president), which other liberal talk show is there in Florida? None that I know of. 850 and 610 both have conservatives like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingram, Michael Savage, Schnitt, Bill O'Reilly. Now any smart news radio wannabe would think to themselves, "they took all the good conservatives. How about we bring in the liberals." Of course they're taking Air America. And when they realize that they aren't doing better than when they had sports, they'll drop Air America.

ABrownLamp
07-23-2004, 05:16 PM
Howard Stern. Totally anti-Bush, and more popular than anyone mentioned. Who cares about this topic anyway?

t2thejz
07-23-2004, 05:24 PM
Howard Stern. Totally anti-Bush, and more popular than anyone mentioned. Who cares about this topic anyway?
Im not sure on this one but I think Rush may be more popular, but once again not sure on this

Bling
07-23-2004, 05:38 PM
I pretty sure you're right, t2thejz. Rush is #1; Howard #2.