PDA

View Full Version : Heat sign Keyon Dooling

Noodle Arm
07-22-2004, 01:14 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-dooling22jul22,0,1328034.story?coll=sfla-sports-front

We couldn't sign Damon Jones or Mike James because of salary differences so we settled for Clipper PG Keyon Dooling. Dooling is 24 years old, 6-3, 196 pounds and very athletic. Unfortunately he has a horrible offensive game and is prone to injuries and turnovers. Here's to hoping he can ressurect his career here in Miami.

Fresh
07-22-2004, 01:35 AM
Keyon Dooling doesn't have a horrible offensive game, he just shot poor from downtown last year, but with an injured wrist. He can be a scoring punch off the bench for us. He's an alright player with very good potential(the word alone is annoying me) and is a good defender. He's a combo guard, which is good in case Dorell Wright isn't ready to back up E.J.

No word yet on whether or not this signing is for the LLE or a minimum contract, but I'd guess LLE. I'd be surprised if we didn't wind up signing Horry.

With the minimum they'll probably look at Wesley Person and/or Bryon Russell. We HAVE to get more shooters, and adding Horry and Person would do that.

Prime Time
07-22-2004, 10:51 AM
I really hope we can get Horry, even though he isn't the same player he use to be, he is better than most of what we have on the bench.

minus
07-22-2004, 11:27 AM
Heat looking to resign R.Butle or not?I know he is a RFA so there no rush but are they even planning on bring him back?

Bodzilla29
07-22-2004, 01:00 PM
There is a reason the Clippers have been desperate for PG help even with Dooling on the squad, it was because they had horrible PGs and Dooling was one of them.

He has NEVER even come close to living up to his potential coming out of Mizzou. He cannot run an offense very effectively and isn't a great shooter. Usually you want your PG to be at least very solid in at least one of those categories. Dooling is dreadfully average for a top 10 draft pick, but is still young and can improve.

At this point in his career his signing makes up the numbers more than makes the Heat contenders.

Fresh
07-22-2004, 11:01 PM
Heat looking to resign R.Butle or not?I know he is a RFA so there no rush but are they even planning on bring him back?

Rasual is a RFA who wouldn't cut into any of our exceptions. He will definately be back.

I feel as if we possibly signed Lamar Odom all over again(obviously a PG/SG)..

SMadison29
07-22-2004, 11:25 PM
Shaq, Eddie, & Wade are gonna need all the help he can get.