8th: Jeff Wilkins, K
9th: Joey Galloway, WR
10th: Byron Leftwich, QB
11th: Julius Jones, RB
12th: Roy Williams, WR
13th: Sebastian Janikowski, K
14th: Dallas Clark, TE
15th: Daniel Graham, TE
It's alright, but I can point out some weaknesses that it has.

First off, Ricky's a fine pick for 6th, granting that the other 5 previous picks were for top tier running backs. Donovan on your second pick might have been a weak pick, but since you somehow snagged Davis 3rd then its just fine. I REALLY don't like that you drafted another QB, even Tom Brady, 4th, after you already had a good QB. This is where you got for the top notch wide receivers! Andre Johnson and David Boston are fine and all, but you could've had better talent than that. Joey Galloway isn't going to be a great WR this year, IMO, but he might put up decent enough stats for a third WR slot. Miami DEF is fine, good pickup, MAYBE just a bit early. Maybe. I don't like three QBs on a roster, two is enough. The fact that you waited so long for a TE is a bit disturbing as well. Julius Jones and Roy Williams are bound to see action this year, so I wouldn't doubt Roy taking a spot above Galloway. While Julius Jones is speculated to Dallas's prime running threat, he'll see action - we'll have to wait and see how he does.

Not bad, but it could've been a lot, lot better.

Jimi
07-22-2004, 04:20 PM
Its alright. McNabb too early, and Brady unnessacary. heres my teams, i had 6th pick in both.
Team 1

QB-Bulger,Green
WR-Harrison,Steve Smith,Chambers,Drew Bennet
RB-Ricky Williams,Travis Henry,Kevin Jones
TE-McMike,Bubba Franks
K-Mare,Jay Feely
D-Miami,Minnesota

Jimi
07-22-2004, 04:24 PM
Team 2
QB-Brooks,Harrington
WR-Chambers,Coles,Koren Robinson,Donte Stallworth
RB-Ahman Green,Fred Taylor,Julius Jones,Garner
TE-Bubba Franks, Desmond Clark
K-Longwell
D-Philadelphia, Minnesota

NLude33
07-22-2004, 04:35 PM
My 2nd draft:

I had the 6th pick:

1st: Ricky Williams, RB
2nd: Donovan McNabb, QB
3rd: Stephen Davis, RB
4th: Tom Brady, QB
5th: Andre Johnson, WR
6th: David Boston, WR
7th: Miami, DEF
8th: Jeff Wilkins, K
9th: Joey Galloway, WR
10th: Byron Leftwich, QB
11th: Julius Jones, RB
12th: Roy Williams, WR
13th: Sebastian Janikowski, K
14th: Dallas Clark, TE
15th: Daniel Graham, TE
A scoring TE can win you a lot of games, and you ignored the TE position. I would've not taked Brady, got a better WR than Johnson, and then got a back-up RB next, or a WR again. Wait on the D till probably round 10, and select a better TE in the 7th. Just my thoughts.

ckparrothead
07-22-2004, 04:39 PM
McNabb too early? I'm surprised he didn't go sooner, with Terrell Owens added to that offense and Duce Staley's subtraction from the offense, the Eagles are going to be running and gunning all day long and McNabb is a safe enough QB not to toss a ton of picks and stuff yet a dangerous running QB in that he can use teams' respect of Terrell Owens to scramble for a bunch of yards.

Having he and Ricky Williams and Stephen Davis and Julius Jones and Tom Brady may just give him the best RB/QB situation in the entire league.

But at a price, because his WR situation really kinda sucks. I don't think Andre Johnson sets the world aflame in his second year though I'm loathe to doubt him AGAIN after being wrong about his rookie season...but if someone is set for a sophomore slump I would think it would be him. And David Boston even if he returns to form just his entrance into a new offense with a big fish in the little pond already, namely Chris Chambers, assures that his yardage and touchdown totals will be off the mark compared to other elite receivers...and of course Joey Galloway heck I'd rather have drafted Roy Williams or even Mark Clayton (or Reggie Williams) before I draft Galloway. He's having some serious trouble in Tampa, and trust me when I say that this Keenan McCardell thing has Tampa running a bit scared under the surface because they now think VERY LITTLE of Joey Galloway's abilities to be the #1 guy...so they've begun searching for anyone out there who can catch a pass to help this offense...and so they signed Bill Schroeder....and they also reached quick agreement with WR Mark Clayton to assure he is there for every day of training camp. If Galloway were worth anything at all, the Bucs wouldn't be so damn scared by the McCardell thing.

FinaticalOne
07-23-2004, 08:40 AM
I must agree with some of the others. You took both of your QBs too soon (unless you are in a league that starts two QBs). I wouldn't start thinking about picking a QB until the fourth round. You can get great value at QB during the 4th, 5th, and sometimes even the 6th round. For example, my keeper league's inaugural draft was last year and I got Daunte Culpeper in the 5th round and Brett Favre in the 9th round to be my backup.

I think you hurt your WR corp a lot when you picked your QBs that early. You WR corp will not score alot of points for you this year. Andre Johnson is a very good WR, especially if you're in keeper league, but he is not a #1 WR in any fantasy leagues YET.

You did get a great value in the 11th round with Julius Jones (great pick), I can't believe he lasted that long.

I think you were a little bias with picking Ricky at #6 as well. I love Ricky as much as the next finfan but I see Priest, Tomlinson, Portis, Alexander, McAllister, Green and maybe Jamal Lewis(barring legal problems) before Ricky. All of these teams have great offensive lines with Tomlinson as the exception. Our line is an enigma right now until they put the pads on. Plus these guys don't have to face AFC East defenses twice a year, which gives them all an easier schedule. All four defenses in our division finshed in the top 10 last year against the run(I could be wrong about the Jets). But the Fins, Pats, Bills and I think the Jets are dominant against the run. I think you could've picked Boston later on too (are we being bias again ;) ), not too many people are high on Boston from a fantasy standpoint until he performs better.

Out of the RBs I mentioned, which two running backs were still on the board when you picked Ricky at #6?

If you tweak your draft strategy around a little the next time you draft, you will get better balance throughout your roster, but your WR corp is a glaring weakness on your team. Good luck and have fun :cool:

SmokeyPhinz
07-23-2004, 09:07 AM
Of course I had Dolphins bias, can you blame me? ;) I have one more draft to do, and this is the one that will count the most. Some of the fellas on this board are in the league as well, since I'm running it. We'll have Defensive players instead of plain DEFENSE. We'll see how the year plays out, who knows, I might have a great team, then again, I might not.

philyphin
07-23-2004, 09:19 AM
Where are your wide recievers? You do not have any players I would condsider a WR#1, Andre Johnson & D. Boston, one of these should pan out to fill in your WR#2, I would suggest trading Brady to a New England fan for a WR#1, other than that you should be O.K. unless Stephen Davis or God forbid Ricky Williams goes down. Eddie George looks like he will sign with Dallas so Julius Jones value will drop big time, you need a #3 running back also.

FinaticalOne
07-23-2004, 10:05 AM
Where are your wide recievers? You do not have any players I would condsider a WR#1, Andre Johnson & D. Boston, one of these should pan out to fill in your WR#2, I would suggest trading Brady to a New England fan for a WR#1, other than that you should be O.K. unless Stephen Davis or God forbid Ricky Williams goes down. Eddie George looks like he will sign with Dallas so Julius Jones value will drop big time, you need a #3 running back also.

Good point about Eddie George. I came back to this post, becasue I just read about George possibly signing w/Dallas. If that happens, than Julius Jones would be relegated to backup duty leaving you with no starting RB to backup your top two backs in case of an injury.

Now instead of trading Brady, I probably would gamble and trade Donovan instead of Brady to get a top notch WR. Brady is good enough to give you good points in fantasy football, but his stock is not high enough to trade for a WR that could make an impact in your lineup. Look to see who is weak around the league with QB's but have a strong WR corp. and offer Donovan to him. You will have a better chance of completing a deal that way. I'm not high on McNabb even with T.O. there. Start out by dangling Donovan around the league to see what offers you may get, if you're not satisfied with the offers, than take him off the board and dangle Brady around. Have fun :)

edphin13
07-25-2004, 05:49 AM
I'm sure by now you know Ricky was a bad pick. Glad my draft is in Aug. cuz I would have picked him too.:cry:

Denverfinfan
07-29-2004, 07:00 PM
I've got my draft 8/15. No rw for me.