PDA

View Full Version : Szetela to Columbus.....for now at least

iceblizzard69
07-23-2004, 12:24 AM
http://www.mlsnet.com/MLS/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20040722&content_id=9207&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

Danny Szetela has made it clear for a while that he wants to play for the MetroStars. He signed with MLS and a weighted lottery decided that he would play for the Crew. He is from New Jersey and wants to be with his family. Hopefully a deal can get done and Szetela can play for the Metros. He was not happy when it was announced that he would go to the Crew and the Crew said they will consider trading him, so I think a deal can get done.

Bodzilla29
07-23-2004, 10:17 AM
Punk. Anybody who bitches about being paid to play is a punk. Tho it has to be said that MLS set a bad president with Adu.

iceblizzard69
07-23-2004, 11:26 AM
Punk. Anybody who bitches about being paid to play is a punk. Tho it has to be said that MLS set a bad president with Adu.

I don't think Szetela is wrong in this situation. It is unfair that the MLS is letting some players pick their team (Adu) and not others (Szetela). If every player had to go into a draft, then I would call Szetela out, but the MLS has proved that they will let some players pick their team and won't let others. They either have to stick with one or the other. It is complete bull**** that Adu gets to go to DC United and Szetela has to deal with a weighted lottery and can't choose where he plays.

Prime Time
07-23-2004, 12:27 PM
Another reason MLS sucks...management