PDA

View Full Version : WMD's found in Iraq!!

DolphinDevil28
07-23-2004, 02:59 PM
Nuclear arms reportedly found in Iraq

BAGHDAD, July 21 (UPI) -- Iraqi security reportedly discovered three missiles carrying nuclear heads concealed in a concrete trench northwest of Baghdad, official sources said Wednesday.

The official daily al-Sabah quoted the sources as saying the missiles were discovered in trenches near the city of Tikrit, the hometown of ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein.

"The three missiles were discovered by chance when the Iraqi security forces captured former Baath party official Khoder al-Douri who revealed during interrogation the location of the missiles saying they carried nuclear heads," the sources said.

They pointed out that the missiles were actually discovered in the trenches lying under six meters of concrete and designed in a way to unable sophisticated sensors from discovering nuclear radiation.

The sources said al-Douri, who is related to former Vice Chairman of the Iraq Revolution Council and Saddam's right-hand man Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri, was captured after Iraqi police intercepted an e-mail message in which he set a meeting with another former Baath official.

The report could not be authenticated by the interior ministry or the national security department, but the paper noted Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshiar Zibari made a surprise request recently to Mohammed el-Baradei, head of the International Atomic Energy Agency, to resume inspections for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Copyright 2004 by United Press International.
All rights reserved.

Of course the liberal media doesn't report this on TV.

genx23
07-23-2004, 03:19 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&ncid=578&e=17&u=/nm/20040721/ts_nm/iraq_nuclear_dc

DolFan31
07-23-2004, 03:26 PM
The sad part is now that we have terrorists and insurgents there, it'll be hard to tell whether those WMDs are pre-war or post-war.

P4E
07-23-2004, 03:36 PM
I heard Colin Powell brush this particular WMD report off yesterday as unlikely and unproven. He said the Iraqi ministers disavowal was probably correct.

Kencoboy
07-23-2004, 03:50 PM
Look around long enough and you'll find some, just like brain cells in a Conseravitve's head, I suppose.

DolFan31
07-23-2004, 03:52 PM
Look around long enough and you'll find some, just like brain cells in a Conseravitve's head, I suppose.

Well I dont know..since a conservatives head consists of no brain cells whatsoever... :lol:

ABrownLamp
07-23-2004, 03:53 PM
Wonder why George Bush hasn't come out and spoke about this information. I mean wouldn't you think he would say something about this? Maybe because it's unfounded? Or maybe he has...and the liberal media won't show it.

DolFan31
07-23-2004, 03:53 PM
Wonder why George Bush hasn't come out and spoke about this information. I mean wouldn't you think he would say something about this? Maybe because it's unfounded? Or maybe he has...and the liberal media won't show it.

Those liberal bastards! :D

DolFan31
07-23-2004, 03:54 PM
Looks like our main premise of going to war has been long debunked...

ohall
07-23-2004, 04:58 PM
Looks like our main premise of going to war has been long debunked...

Yes Kerry, Edwards and the TWO Clintons were wrong. Let's make sure those ppl never hold public office again!

Oliver...

PhinPhan1227
07-23-2004, 05:36 PM
Well I dont know..since a conservatives head consists of no brain cells whatsoever... :lol:

Wow...just ....wow. I love the concept that a Conservative is any better than a Liberal or vice versa. Honestly, anyone who is far to either side is probably chosing to be an idiot in some way. It just boggles my mind that anyone thinks one group is any better overall than the other.

CirclingWagons
07-23-2004, 05:38 PM
Liberals are no better than conservatives and vice-versa....same goes for Dems and Reps...they are all equally worthless

PhinPhan1227
07-23-2004, 05:48 PM
Liberals are no better than conservatives and vice-versa....same goes for Dems and Reps...they are all equally worthless

Thank you...show me a stupid/silly/ignorant Conservative stance and I will always be able to match it with an equally stupid/silly/ignorant liberal stance. And vice versa. It just kills me when people in glass houses throw stones.

CirclingWagons
07-24-2004, 12:39 AM
Thank you...show me a stupid/silly/ignorant Conservative stance and I will always be able to match it with an equally stupid/silly/ignorant liberal stance. And vice versa. It just kills me when people in glass houses throw stones.
It always kills me when you people argue over nothing. Has any person's opinion been swayed by any other poster in here, regarding politics?

No.

ABrownLamp
07-24-2004, 12:51 AM
It always kills me when you people argue over nothing. Has any person's opinion been swayed by any other poster in here, regarding politics?

No.

I post here to try to get a perspective from the other side. All my friends and classmates are way more disgustingly liberal than I am...

muscle979
07-24-2004, 10:44 AM
The report was not authenticated. I know right wing nuts love to throw around information that they don't know is even true. If proof is found of the report you'll see it all over fox news, if you say they are liberal shame on you, you are truly blinded to anything.

The media is not liberally biased, stop saying that it is ridiculous. That's why they were more interested in Clinton's blow jobs than more important things. That's why they constantly bashed al gore for "inventing" the internet. They said invented by the way not him. The liberal media took his words out of context to make a fool of him maybe even costing him the election. If the media leans either way it's definitely not towards the left.

PhinPhan1227
07-24-2004, 11:00 AM
The report was not authenticated. I know right wing nuts love to throw around information that they don't know is even true. If proof is found of the report you'll see it all over fox news, if you say they are liberal shame on you, you are truly blinded to anything.

The media is not liberally biased, stop saying that it is ridiculous. That's why they were more interested in Clinton's blow jobs than more important things. That's why they constantly bashed al gore for "inventing" the internet. They said invented by the way not him. The liberal media took his words out of context to make a fool of him maybe even costing him the election. If the media leans either way it's definitely not towards the left.

If you want to talk about trying to cost an election, care to discuss the network that violated Election law by calling Florida for Gore before the polls were closed potentially costing Bush upwards of 9k votes?

iceblizzard69
07-24-2004, 11:22 AM
If you want to talk about trying to cost an election, care to discuss the network that violated Election law by calling Florida for Gore before the polls were closed potentially costing Bush upwards of 9k votes?

That announcement can also affect people voting for Gore, don't try to make it look like a network saying that Gore will win will only stop Bush voters from going to vote.

As for the media, there are liberal news outlets like CNN and conservative ones like FNC. No media outlet is truly unbiased, but some are more biased than others.

PhinPhan1227
07-24-2004, 11:50 AM
That announcement can also affect people voting for Gore, don't try to make it look like a network saying that Gore will win will only stop Bush voters from going to vote.

As for the media, there are liberal news outlets like CNN and conservative ones like FNC. No media outlet is truly unbiased, but some are more biased than others.

Know the facts of the situation. The announcement affected the Florida Panhandle because it's in the Central rather than Eastern time zone. The Panhandle is as strongly Pro-Bush as Broward/Palm Beach is Pro-Gore.That announcement cost Bush 5-10k votes, and that's according to a Democrat.

ohall
07-24-2004, 12:20 PM

No.

You sure have a negative attitude.

If you don't like it then don't post or read anything here. I'm not exactly sure what you're whinning about. No one made you come in here and read this or reply to it.

Oliver...

DolFan31
07-26-2004, 01:25 PM
Wow...just ....wow. I love the concept that a Conservative is any better than a Liberal or vice versa. Honestly, anyone who is far to either side is probably chosing to be an idiot in some way. It just boggles my mind that anyone thinks one group is any better overall than the other.

It was a joke btw, I was merely saying the opposite of what others on the conservative side have said about the liberal side.

PhinPhan has already explained his position, and now I feel its time for me to explain mine without anyone jumping to conclusions about me because of what Ive said in the past.

I happen to agree more with the liberal side of politics, because I think liberals stand for(or supposed to stand for) things that make America better by trying new things. However, I do not believe one-side of any argument can be right. So to say conservatives or liberals are right is a stupid thing to say, because no one knows for sure whos right about anything. All I know is what I feel to the be the right thing, and that happens to be mostly liberal policies. In truth, Im really a moderate because I dont think all Democrats are good and all Republicans are bad. I just happen to side with the left more. I would side with the right as I believe in fiscal responsibility, limited/reduced government, the 2nd Admendment, keeping the government out of people's private business, and preaching for a sense of basic morality(but not forcing it). However, I feel that the Republican party is moving away from Republicans.

I'm tired of the right wing extremists defining the Republican Party as a bigoted hateful intolerant party. That is not what the Republican Party stands for. Rush Limbaugh, Pat Buchannan, Ralph Reed, Jerry Falwell, Sun Myung Moon, and Olie North do not represent the soul of the Republican Party. These are the people who have stolen the party from the Republicans. I want to make it clear that its the party's leaders that have left the Republican voters, and not us voters leaving them. Republicans should not be defined by these extremists.

The Republican party is about limited government. That is, heeping the government out of things they shouldn't be in. Clearly any conservative can see that freedom of religion is central to our beliefs. And freedom of religion includes freedom from religion. To not have the religous beliefs of others thrust upon us. I do not want to live under the moral thumb of right wing Bible Thumpers, the Moonies, nor left wing New Age freaks. You can believe what you want, but get it out of my face and my government. The Republican party is the party of Abraham Lincoln who freed the slaves and brought new meaning to the phrase that "All Men are Created Equal." Its supposed to be the party that defends opportunity for all. The party is supposed to be the ones who stands up for the rights of individuals, not the ones who divide the country into groups that hate other groups. I would resent being the party of the white supremacists if I were a Republican.

All Republicans say they are against deficit spending. Talk is cheap. When President Reagan took office the national debt was 1 trillion dollars. After 12 years of Republican rule the debt grew to 4 trillion and the deficit kept rising in spite of "Read my Lips" tax hikes. The economy was in a triple dip recession. Then came President Clinton who turned the economy around, cut the deficit in half, created jobs, and cut government. Government grew under Reagan and Bush. It shrank under Clinton. The results speak for themselves. Talk is cheap. You're not going to get a balanced budget by giving a big tax cut to the rich.

I'm just tired of hearing Republicans talk about the debt that we are going to leave "our children and our grandchildren" while they continue to gut education, head start, Medicaid, and funding for college loans. It's just a slogan. You people don't give a damn about anything but a tax cut for the rich, who fund your campaigns. I'd like to have a tax cut someday too, but lets balance the budget first. You can't do both.

So there's a few things I got beef with. When the Republicans stop turning to extremists who redefine their party, Ill get back to being more moderate and fair. Until then, its the Democratic Party for me.

PhinPhan1227
07-26-2004, 03:17 PM
I'm just tired of hearing Republicans talk about the debt that we are going to leave "our children and our grandchildren" while they continue to gut education, .

Sorry to only pick on one portion...but exactly how have the Repubs gutted education when they are spending 40% more on it than Clinton did?

DolFan31
07-26-2004, 03:29 PM
Sorry to only pick on one portion...but exactly how have the Repubs gutted education when they are spending 40% more on it than Clinton did?
http://www.house.gov/budget_democrats/analyses/spending/education_nov1303.pdf

I ask that we continue this conversation here--> http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=41463