PDA

View Full Version : Bush was in Alabama

Bling
07-23-2004, 05:02 PM
sorry if I'm late. Was out of town...but here's the link if it hasn't been posted.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=544&u=/ap/20040723/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_military_records_2&printer=1

Kencoboy
07-24-2004, 04:14 AM
Wasn't this an old Charlie Daniels song??

Clumpy
07-24-2004, 05:24 AM
5 month gap in pay.......that usually means you didn't show up.

ohall
07-24-2004, 12:31 PM

He was in Alabama working on a canidates campaign. As a former soldier I'm hopeful you know how the national guard works.

Oliver...

Bling
07-24-2004, 02:35 PM

I still think it's funny to judge a man on something he did 30 years ago... not to mention, Kerry would have done the same if he was given the option.

ABrownLamp
07-24-2004, 03:06 PM
I still think it's funny to judge a man on something he did 30 years ago... not to mention, Kerry would have done the same if he was given the option.
The thing is that no one really cared until he started calling himself a "war president" The hypocrisy of it all was too much to overlook.

Section126
07-24-2004, 06:36 PM
The thing is that no one really cared until he started calling himself a "war president" The hypocrisy of it all was too much to overlook.

BS.

ohall
07-24-2004, 11:17 PM

He is a war President. It's a fact, he is a President when war had to be waged. The context you DEM's put his comment in only gets consumed by the ignorant!

Oliver...

Clumpy
07-25-2004, 12:10 AM
He was in Alabama working on a canidates campaign. As a former soldier I'm hopeful you know how the national guard works.

Oliver...

Yes because I was a member of the National Guard. I was required to show up regardless.....it's called an obligation. 5 month gap in pay means he did NOT show for duty. You are NOT given "time off" in the National Guard. Bush clearly rec'd preferential treatment because his daddy, at the time, was a US Senator. The average American citizen at the time couldn't join the National Guard to avoid the draft because of the HUGE waiting list. Bush circumvented that waiting list because of connections.

Clumpy
07-25-2004, 12:10 AM
He is a war President. It's a fact, he is a President when war had to be waged. The context you DEM's put his comment in only gets consumed by the ignorant!

Oliver...

War in Afghanistan YES, not war in Iraq

ohall
07-25-2004, 12:34 AM
War in Afghanistan YES, not war in Iraq

Talk to Kerry, Edwards and the TWO Clintons and then get back to me.

Whenever you BASH Bush #43 you are bashing more ppl in your own political party than you are Bush. You'll figure this out eventually.

Oliver...

PhinPhan1227
07-25-2004, 03:17 AM
Yes because I was a member of the National Guard. I was required to show up regardless.....it's called an obligation. 5 month gap in pay means he did NOT show for duty. You are NOT given "time off" in the National Guard. Bush clearly rec'd preferential treatment because his daddy, at the time, was a US Senator. The average American citizen at the time couldn't join the National Guard to avoid the draft because of the HUGE waiting list. Bush circumvented that waiting list because of connections.

Um...yeah...you are. I took a month off for my wedding and honeymoon. I also knew guys who were gone even longer for other reasons. They and I just made the time up either before or after. So long as I had the right amount of time in they didn't really care when that time was done.

Clumpy
07-25-2004, 03:49 AM
Um...yeah...you are. I took a month off for my wedding and honeymoon. I also knew guys who were gone even longer for other reasons. They and I just made the time up either before or after. So long as I had the right amount of time in they didn't really care when that time was done.

In cases of family emergency, yes, time off can be given. Campaigning is not a family emergency

PhinPhan1227
07-25-2004, 03:59 AM
In cases of family emergency, yes, time off can be given. Campaigning is not a family emergency

Getting married isn't exactly an emergency either. I have no doubt that a phone call from an important person could have gotten him time off.

Clumpy
07-25-2004, 04:10 AM
That's my point......during time of war, he's sherking his obligation in order to campaign meanwhile average Americans are dying in Vietnam.

I would not follow Bush into battle, but I would follow Kerry

PhinPhan1227
07-25-2004, 04:44 AM
That's my point......during time of war, he's sherking his obligation in order to campaign meanwhile average Americans are dying in Vietnam.

I would not follow Bush into battle, but I would follow Kerry
Whether Bush was doing a Guard drill or campaigning, he still wasn't going to be partaking in any wartime duties. Kerry however, was preparing to stab his fellow soldiers in the back. I can understand a young guy not wanting to go to war...perfectly understandable, if a little pitiful. What I can't understand is betraying your fellow soldier for political gain. There's a reason for so many Vietnam Veteran websites that oppose Kerry. I can pity the man who would turn and run from a fight. Who knows, I may have done so in combat, since I never had the misfortune to find out. I know for a fact however that I would have never betrayed my fellow soldiers. All that aside, the first thing taught, and the most often repeated lesson of every leadership course I ever took...A bad leader makes bad decisions...that gets good people killed. The worst leader however makes NO decisions...that gets EVERYONE killed. Bush makes bad decisions, but he makes decisions. Kerry has never stood up for ANYTHING in his political career. LEad someone in battle? Kerry might be ok if put in charge of defending a siege, but no way does he lead anyone into battle. Even his record in Vietnam backs up THAT assertion.

P4E
07-25-2004, 07:02 PM
Bush clearly rec'd preferential treatment because his daddy, at the time, was a US Senator.
Clumpster,

Bush's daddy didn't serve in the Senate until he was there to break ties as vice-president from 1981 thru 1989 -- many years after dubya was in the Guard.

How am I supposed to have any faith in the liberal cr*p you're always peddling if you can't get basic facts straight?

:tongue:

finfan54
07-27-2004, 12:49 AM

who cares? Kerry smoked pot. so did i. i dont care. you raise my taxes though ill kick your behind!

MDFINFAN
07-27-2004, 02:42 PM
who cares? Kerry smoked pot. so did i. i dont care. you raise my taxes though ill kick your behind!

Well finfan I care, if you avoid a war, then send others to fight a war, that's a character flaw in my bood. I'll send others, but I wouldn't do it..that's BS...If you are in the top 1% then you need your taxes raised so the middle class and lower can keep some of their money and do what they do best, spend..then this economy can really roll..and not this false economy on the rise where the jobs are worthless and the rich keeps pocketing more from tax breaks..and the reason the jobs are worth is because the spending is neal..people have to budget or they are getting themselves in trouble with credit..Wake up, the dope is still in your system.. :D

Section126
07-27-2004, 04:52 PM
Well finfan I care, if you avoid a war, then send others to fight a war, that's a character flaw in my bood. I'll send others, but I wouldn't do it..that's BS...If you are in the top 1% then you need your taxes raised so the middle class and lower can keep some of their money and do what they do best, spend..then this economy can really roll..and not this false economy on the rise where the jobs are worthless and the rich keeps pocketing more from tax breaks..and the reason the jobs are worth is because the spending is neal..people have to budget or they are getting themselves in trouble with credit..Wake up, the dope is still in your system.. :D

Your'e talking about a false economy yet you champion that fraud that was the Clinton boom? :roflmao:

MDFINFAN
07-27-2004, 05:14 PM
Your'e talking about a false economy yet you champion that fraud that was the Clinton boom? :roflmao:

All I can tell ya is that every 3 years I could move and get a better paying job during his time...I definetly can't do that now..then, now..Mmmmm
What's the difference? oh yea, now we have Bush, then we had Clinton.

:eek:

PhinPhan1227
07-27-2004, 07:04 PM

So you think Clinton was a good President but Bush is a bad one. "if you avoid a war, then send others to fight a war, that's a character flaw in my bood." Clinton avoided Vietnam even more egregiously than Bush did. But he deployed the US military more times than Bush, Reagan, and Carter combined. But I guess his character flaw doesn't bother you as much?

TarHeelFinFan
07-27-2004, 07:36 PM
The thing is that no one really cared until he started calling himself a "war president" The hypocrisy of it all was too much to overlook. GORE TRIED TO USE IT IN 2000. This isn't a new story.

Section126
07-27-2004, 07:56 PM
All I can tell ya is that every 3 years I could move and get a better paying job during his time...I definetly can't do that now..then, now..Mmmmm
What's the difference? oh yea, now we have Bush, then we had Clinton.

:eek:

:roflmao:

CRACK KILLS....