PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox Fans

MikeO
07-24-2004, 02:56 PM
All offseason all we heard was how this was the year for the Red Sox. Pedro, Schilling, Lowe......they couldn't be beat. This was their year.

Well, the Yankees with NO PITCHING STAFF at all, still have a 9+ game on you and its almost August.

What's the excuse this year Sox fans? Im dying to hear it.

t2thejz
07-24-2004, 03:54 PM
Im a yankees fan myself...I dont think there are any sox fans around her..not sure though

t2thejz
07-24-2004, 04:53 PM
A brawl just broke out in the game...Red Sox catcher is a ****ing ***** he pushes a rod anf keeps his mask on.

TerryTate
07-24-2004, 08:08 PM
Red Sox apparently are like the Phillies....if you cant beat em....beat em up :lol:

Prime Time
07-24-2004, 08:41 PM
Yankees = Gay!

All that payroll and they still cannot win.

TerryTate
07-24-2004, 08:46 PM
um, PT the yankees have the best record in baseball right now dont they?

They are getting bang for their buck right now thats for sure, lets see if the bronx bombers seal the deal in the postseason (that would make me cringe) or if they choke, OR if they go to the fall classic and lose to the WORLD CHAMPION FLORIDA MARLINS, the team that i am expecting to go on a tear sooner or later (please?)

Prime Time
07-24-2004, 10:03 PM
I dont see the Marlins getting it done this year although I wish they will...Beckett is injury prone as he is every year...that pitching he showed us last year could be a fluke...

But I was referring to the Yanks winning it all as they should every year with that payroll.

MikeO
07-25-2004, 01:40 AM
Yankees = Gay!

LOL.......still can't win. What 26 times world champs aint' enough? In the playoffs eveyr year isn't enough? In the world series almost every year isn't enough?

They win!

So they aren't perfect and can't win it all every year.........darn! :lol:

I will take my team trying to win and being in the thick of it every year and never complain!

WharfRat
07-25-2004, 07:22 PM
I'm a Sox fan...

and a Phillies fan....

no excuses... just a fan...

Prime Time
07-28-2004, 01:15 PM
With that payroll Mike-O....you should win every year because you have a big upperhand that other teams do not have. Marlins :0wned: you last year.

SMadison29
07-29-2004, 02:09 AM
The Red Sox excuse is injuries to their regulars in the every day line-up. Three of their sluggers have missed significant time(Nomar, Trot, & Millar).

MikeO
07-31-2004, 10:12 PM
The Red Sox excuse is injuries to their regulars in the every day line-up. Three of their sluggers have missed significant time(Nomar, Trot, & Millar).
Giambi.....Brown......Mussina. Those guys aren't chopped liver. Every team has injuries....its a bad excuse!

SMadison29
08-03-2004, 12:48 AM
NOMAR!!!! He's a Cub & that's all that matters now.

Giambi.....Brown......Mussina. Those guys aren't chopped liver. Every team has injuries....its a bad excuse!

The Yankees obviously have a deeper roster. I don't think there's any team that's suffered more significant injuries than the Cubs: Wood, Prior, Sosa, Aramis, Grudz, Borowski...

MikeO
08-03-2004, 12:53 AM
I agree on the Cubs.

The Yanks roster isn't as deep as everyone thinks.

Cario is their stariting second basemen. Tony Clark is now playing first base from here on out. Their back-up catcher stinks. And they have zero depth at starting pitching. The Yanks have superstars all over, but they dont' have a deep roster.

AggieFin21
08-03-2004, 09:56 AM
Yankees = Gay!

Ouch PrimeTime...major burn there....lol

AggieFin21
08-03-2004, 10:00 AM
Well, the Yankees with NO PITCHING STAFF at all, still have a 9+ game on you and its almost August.

Well first off I'm a Yankees fan and while our rotation isn't as deep as it once was, I wouldn't say we have no pitching staff. (Before the Loiza trade) Moose, Brown, Vasquez and *cough*Contreras*cough* weren't terribly horrible. Factor in a great set up man in Quantrill and still one of the best closers in the game in Rivera and you've got yourself a pretty good little pitching staff. Yes we've been hit by the injury bug...but how many games is it now Red Soxs fans?

Prime Time
08-03-2004, 01:50 PM
Unfortunately I think Yanks will make World Series again as they are just playing too well with the talent they have to not make it. Hey Aggie, I like your sig :evil:

AggieFin21
08-03-2004, 02:11 PM
Unfortunately I think Yanks will make World Series again as they are just playing too well with the talent they have to not make it. Hey Aggie, I like your sig :evil:

Bite me PrimeTime!!! LOL :shakeno:

Prime Time
08-03-2004, 09:54 PM
Bite me PrimeTime!!! LOL :shakeno:

:lol: