PDA

View Full Version : A speech from the DNC

iceblizzard69
07-28-2004, 07:20 PM
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/07-27-2004/0002219534&EDATE=

This speech has some things that I think everyone can agree with.

Section126
07-28-2004, 08:20 PM
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/07-27-2004/0002219534&EDATE=

This speech has some things that I think everyone can agree with.

This quote is a flat out lie:

Obama: "President Kerry will not
hesitate one moment to use our military might to keep America safe and secure."

HELLO????? That moron Kerry voted against the FIRST Gulf War......this Obama is just another slickster.....you can almost see the slime falling off of him.

DolphinDevil28
07-28-2004, 10:22 PM
Not to mention the Nuclear Freeze Kerry voted for when the Great Ronald W. Reagan was defeating the evil empire known as the Soviet Union.

iceblizzard69
07-28-2004, 10:27 PM
I'm so surprised that the only things in that speech you people worry about are those that talk about Kerry on defense. Some of the things said in that speech were great and should be appreciated by people on all sides of the political spectrum. This is one of those things:

Yet even as we speak, there are those who are preparing to divide us, the
spin masters and negative ad peddlers who embrace the politics of anything
goes. Well, I say to them tonight, there's not a liberal America and a
conservative America -- there's the United States of America. There's not a
black America and white America and Latino America and Asian America; there's
the United States of America. The pundits like to slice-and-dice our country
into Red States and Blue States; Red States for Republicans, Blue States for
Democrats. But I've got news for them, too. We worship an awesome God in the
Blue States, and we don't like federal agents poking around our libraries in
the Red States. We coach Little League in the Blue States and have gay friends
in the Red States. There are patriots who opposed the war in Iraq and patriots
who supported it. We are one people, all of us pledging allegiance to the
stars and stripes, all of us defending the United States of America.

I also really liked this part:

A while back, I met a young man named Shamus at the VFW Hall in East
Moline, Illinois. He was a good-looking kid, six-two or six-three, clear eyed,
with an easy smile. He told me he'd joined the Marines and was heading to Iraq
the following week. As I listened to him explain why he'd enlisted, his
absolute faith in our country and its leaders, his devotion to duty and
service, I thought this young man was all any of us might hope for in a child.
But then I asked myself: Are we serving Shamus as well as he was serving us? I
thought of more than 900 service men and women, sons and daughters, husbands
and wives, friends and neighbors, who will not be returning to their
hometowns. I thought of families I had met who were struggling to get by
without a loved one's full income, or whose loved ones had returned with a
limb missing or with nerves shattered, but who still lacked long-term health
benefits because they were reservists. When we send our young men and women
into harm's way, we have a solemn obligation not to fudge the numbers or shade
the truth about why they're going, to care for their families while they're
gone, to tend to the soldiers upon their return, and to never ever go to war
without enough troops to win the war, secure the peace, and earn the respect
of the world.

I am not praising his speech because of what he said about Kerry. I don't like Kerry. However, I think he said a lot of great things in his speech. However, apparently, the Bush supporters dismiss the great things and only focus on what he said about Kerry and "how he is wrong about those things."

DolphinDevil28
07-28-2004, 10:28 PM
Ok, so he's a good looking kid.

So what.

80% of the country believes national defense and the war on terror is the number one priority of the country, and the fact is Kerry just doesn't have the gonads to defend us.

Section126
07-28-2004, 10:29 PM
I do not doubt Obama's talent...but you have to admit...that speech sounded like it was straight out of the RNC convention.....

iceblizzard69
07-28-2004, 10:33 PM

So what.

80% of the country believes national defense and the war on terror is the number one priority of the country, and the fact is Kerry just doesn't have the gonads to defend us.

If 80% of the country believes that, then why doesn't 80% of the country want Bush re-elected. Oh wait, it's because many believe that Kerry is strong on defense! Is Bush more likely to wage war on a country? Probably. However, Kerry has said that he plans to stay in Afghanistan and Iraq, so I support him in that regard. If Kerry was planning to bring all of our troops home, I would be more against him than I am now. However, Kerry has made it clear that he is committed to hunting down terrorists and staying in Afghanistan (and getting the job done in Iraq, too)

Section126
07-28-2004, 10:35 PM
If 80% of the country believes that, then why doesn't 80% of the country want Bush re-elected. Oh wait, it's because many believe that Kerry is strong on defense! Is Bush more likely to wage war on a country? Probably. However, Kerry has said that he plans to stay in Afghanistan and Iraq, so I support him in that regard. If Kerry was planning to bring all of our troops home, I would be more against him than I am now. However, Kerry has made it clear that he is committed to hunting down terrorists and staying in Afghanistan (and getting the job done in Iraq, too)

No....because there are a hard 40% democrat vote and a soft 5% democrat vote in this country.....

In any election...any candidate with a pulse can get 45% without really trying.....

Reagan won the largest landslide in history in 1984....and got 57% of the vote.

MDFINFAN
07-29-2004, 04:22 AM

So what.

80% believe we were attacked by Al Queda, 54% now believe the war on Iraq was a misstake..the number 1 priority is National Security, #2 the economy, #3 the war on terror..and we can't fight the war on terror by ourselves, we need allies to help us..We're not in the world alone, if anything 9/11 should have shown you that. Kerry went to Vet. when Bush wouldn't. If any thing he's shown more gonads that Bush anyday. I for one don't think for a minute Kerry would hesitate to defend this county, and for anyone to think a President wouldn't is crazy..When it comes to Bush, it's easy to send someone else when you wouldn't go yourself..real big gonads for that one..yea, your hero..

PhinPhan1227
07-29-2004, 09:26 AM
80% believe we were attacked by Al Queda, 54% now believe the war on Iraq was a misstake..the number 1 priority is National Security, #2 the economy, #3 the war on terror..and we can't fight the war on terror by ourselves, we need allies to help us..We're not in the world alone, if anything 9/11 should have shown you that. Kerry went to Vet. when Bush wouldn't. If any thing he's shown more gonads that Bush anyday. I for one don't think for a minute Kerry would hesitate to defend this county, and for anyone to think a President wouldn't is crazy..When it comes to Bush, it's easy to send someone else when you wouldn't go yourself..real big gonads for that one..yea, your hero..

Oh...like the way Clinton defended this country? They bomb the WTC...he sends cruise missiles. They bomb the Cole, and our Embassies...and he sends Cruise missiles. Heck, the only time Clinton did NOT send US troops into harms way was when AMERICA was attacked!!

MDFINFAN
07-29-2004, 01:14 PM
Oh...like the way Clinton defended this country? They bomb the WTC...he sends cruise missiles. They bomb the Cole, and our Embassies...and he sends Cruise missiles. Heck, the only time Clinton did NOT send US troops into harms way was when AMERICA was attacked!!

Clinton isn't a part of this election, we're talking about the 2 candidate of today...but go back and research your theory on what Clinton did..your congress had a lot to do with what did and didn't happen..go check it out for yourself and don't post bs.

PhinPhan1227
07-29-2004, 03:33 PM
Clinton isn't a part of this election, we're talking about the 2 candidate of today...but go back and research your theory on what Clinton did..your congress had a lot to do with what did and didn't happen..go check it out for yourself and don't post bs.

Congress has NO say on the deployment of troops for smaller conflicts. That's the SOLE pervue of the President.