PDA

View Full Version : My Lord People....Im Sitting Watch the Next President Talk and Then...

RunTravisRun
07-29-2004, 11:52 PM
My Lord People....Im Sitting Watching the Next President Talk and Then...I come in here to check the site, and its going crazy. People are arguing is this is a pot issue or not. Hell no its not. Last time I checked America is free, and if he doesnt want to play ball anymore and go toke it up a few times, so be it....his decision. We have blasted him enough for not giving us enough notice, and we have blasted him entirely to much for the wrong reasons. Drop it, its over. How about we talk a little less about ricky and a little more about guys that are going to be busting there ***, sweating, and bleeding for us THIS year. Ricky isant going to help us on 3rd and goal this year......at least we should talk about who is.

Another thing is, everyone needs to relax a little bit guys....people are going crazy because we havent signed anyone yet.....it has been 4 days since ricky retired. How fast do we need to move? James Stewart, one of the top 3 canidates (along with mack and Davenport) hasn't even worked out yet due to a death in the family! And we have people griping because we havent just signed the first guy we can?? Enough already.

I am entering college August 14th to become a sports writer. I hope I have the honor of covering the Phins on a regional/national stage some day......but I hate to read everything on here from my own teams fans......just illuminating ignorance. Enough already. This board is great, but it is getting a little to edgy due to a lot of ridiculous thoughts. There is NO knowledge to a lot of the posts on here.

We are going to sign Wale and chambers to long term deals. We are going to sign another back soon.....and use 3-4 runners that can better on our 3.5 adverage last year......make the playoffs......look at edge/alexander next offseason. That is what is def. GOING to happen, I have no doubts.

So stop bashing ricky, thats over. Stop bashing wanny before the season even starts, and relax a little bit. The random dolphin fan's blood pressure shouldnt be near this high yet....its only july. Your blood pressure should get higher as the seaosn continues, similiar to the red sox fans. :)

MikeO
07-30-2004, 12:00 AM
If your going to school to be a sports writer, rule #1 is don't tell the people who you will want to read your column what to get worked up about!

They are your consumers! They dictate what You write about!

Also, people shouldn't stop the Ricky bashing. These people invested time and money into Ricky Williams. Ricky turned on them. Decided POT was more important than them. Can he do that........sure! But that also means "WE" the people can turn on him and voice our displeasure!

jesusfreak26
07-30-2004, 12:02 AM
My Lord People....Im Sitting Watching the Next President Talk and Then...I come in here to check the site, and its going crazy. People are arguing is this is a pot issue or not. Hell no its not. Last time I checked America is free, and if he doesnt want to play ball anymore and go toke it up a few times, so be it....his decision. We have blasted him enough for not giving us enough notice, and we have blasted him entirely to much for the wrong reasons. Drop it, its over. How about we talk a little less about ricky and a little more about guys that are going to be busting there ***, sweating, and bleeding for us THIS year. Ricky isant going to help us on 3rd and goal this year......at least we should talk about who is.

Another thing is, everyone needs to relax a little bit guys....people are going crazy because we havent signed anyone yet.....it has been 4 days since ricky retired. How fast do we need to move? James Stewart, one of the top 3 canidates (along with mack and Davenport) hasn't even worked out yet due to a death in the family! And we have people griping because we havent just signed the first guy we can?? Enough already.

I am entering college August 14th to become a sports writer. I hope I have the honor of covering the Phins on a regional/national stage some day......but I hate to read everything on here from my own teams fans......just illuminating ignorance. Enough already. This board is great, but it is getting a little to edgy due to a lot of ridiculous thoughts. There is NO knowledge to a lot of the posts on here.

We are going to sign Wale and chambers to long term deals. We are going to sign another back soon.....and use 3-4 runners that can better on our 3.5 adverage last year......make the playoffs......look at edge/alexander next offseason. That is what is def. GOING to happen, I have no doubts.

So stop bashing ricky, thats over. Stop bashing wanny before the season even starts, and relax a little bit. The random dolphin fan's blood pressure shouldnt be near this high yet....its only july. Your blood pressure should get higher as the seaosn continues, similiar to the red sox fans. :)

Nice post I agree. We haven't even been through training camp yet, much less the first pre season game.. I agree with everything but Kerry and Edwards.

musk
07-30-2004, 12:06 AM
even though i dont agree w/ your political stance..... i do agree w/ most of your post. but i have come to expect that from this forum. people going nuts over any dolphins news bad or good. it is a forum that "blows in the wind" just like the fans. if wandstat wins the superbowl in Feb. you will never read a negative wandstat post again. you have to learn not to take it so harsh. back in april when the dolphins were looking to sign brunell i came on this forum to display my disgust at the fact of signing such an overratted qb. and to my suprise everyone on this forum was basically sucking brunell's dick. it was sad. and i lost sleep over the iggnorance that people displayed. but its ok.

being from south florida i know how sports fans are down there. they go where ever the wind is blowing. if the media says fiedler and wandstat must go then the fans say fiedler and wandstat must go.

people here are talking about feeley being the future and how he was a great pickup. im sorry to say this but any qb that owns a 3rd string roster spot on another team is not going to come in and be this great nfl starter (brett farve is an exception).

and yeah, the ricky situation is over. i personally dont think the dolphins will be able to sign another back that is even comparable to ricky and i dont think they should go out shoping for one (regardless of what john madden has to say). like always, the dolphins will give up to much for what they want. right now they are working out washup rb's. one person posted that this reminded him of the final years w/ marino where we had no name backs (bernie parmalee, kareem abdul jabbar, cecil collins, terry kirby) that under produced. but yeah, the ricky thing is starting to die down.

for whatever reason he retired, hes gone, hes not coming back. end of story.

TRUDOLFAN54
07-30-2004, 12:08 AM

So stop bashing ricky, thats over. Stop bashing wanny before the season even starts, and relax a little bit. The random dolphin fan's blood pressure shouldnt be near this high yet....its only july. Your blood pressure should get higher as the seaosn continues, similiar to the red sox fans. :)great post man enough of all the negative talk i think we will be better without him anyway. :D

ohall
07-30-2004, 12:20 AM
RunTravisRun:

I didn't know Bush #43 was giving a speech tonight!

Oliver...

DOLFANMIKE
07-30-2004, 12:22 AM
RunTravisRun:

Oliver...

Dang, I missed that Bush speech too! OR was it Arnold? :tongue:

TorontoFin
07-30-2004, 12:27 AM
Alrighty there, Michael Moore Jr. Too much conspiracy theory for you all in one day. Must say however, I agree with most of your post pertaining to Ricky. It's done, we move on, or switch to another team, or tune out for a year. Those are the options, take one and go to sleep. Good luck in J. school. Hope you become a more objective writer than lebetard. Although, by the looks of your opinions on non-football-related matters, objectivity doesn't seem to be a priority. Well there's always moveon.org and george Soros' millions -- who, by the way, is also a major shareholder in Carlyle. Later

Phinz4Life
07-30-2004, 12:50 AM
I am entering college August 14th to become a sports writer.
Goooood luck man. I'm serious, that fields competetive as hell. I'm aiming to be a journalist ( most likely, I mean it does pay sh!t. ). The word is that becoming a sports writer is probably one of the hardest fields of journalism, because of the variety of sports and the knowledge you have to know.

Curious, what college?

TorontoFin
07-30-2004, 12:59 AM
well, I am one, and a did a little sports in college. I got out fast because, while I would have loved to be in a position like, say, Rome, I knew I would have to spend the first 10 years listening to quotes like this a dozen times a night: "We gotta give it 110 per cent..." believe me, I've been told over and over that sports reporting --after all the shock of meeting your idols wears off -- can get very boring. But i guess it's a small price to pay if you are one of the lucky few who's hired to opine on sports. I went to the trade mag biz, cause, quite frankly, I have to feed my family.

BlueFin
07-30-2004, 06:55 AM

My god man, you actually watched that snoozer? I realized a few must judging by the incredibly low ratings.

BlueFin
07-30-2004, 07:02 AM

Not to get political because I can see you've been properly indocrinated into your dogma, but Iraq is in the middle east(just thought I'd point that out so you can correct your sig.)

finfan54
07-30-2004, 07:11 AM
the next president will not be John Kerry becuase he has not been challenged yet. He rapid fired off a bunch of lies last night. One only need to look at his record in the senate to find the real man. Anyways, as far as bashing ricky,well, this is a free country and obviously as a Kerry fan you beleive that its all right to dish it out but to have to take it means something entirely different. I guess thats the way it goes when your a billionare.

inFINSible
07-30-2004, 07:20 AM

Lovely. It's always so nice when a random newbie comes to the board and oh so arrogantly tries to tell everyone else how they should act.

Thanks for the tips kid. I hope your flailing attempts to control everyone around you don't cause you to seek the comfort of self medication when you realize the frivolity of your actions.

Good luck with that sj career. I'm sure the good portion of your fanbase that you have managed to insult, will forget about this in time.

CpuFan
07-30-2004, 07:46 AM
Next President My A## He Couldn't Water His Own Plants Without Help!

He is a :goof:

CpuFan
07-30-2004, 07:49 AM
LOL he is JimmyCarter 2

Chisel Monkey
07-30-2004, 08:24 AM
RunTravisRun:

Oliver...

Yea, I Watched, but it wasn't W. It was a guy who looked like Jay Leno with his head in a vice, who couldn't keep his hands of a younger guy.

finfan54
07-30-2004, 10:00 AM
Next President My A## He Couldn't Water His Own Plants Without Help!

He is a :goof:

he doesnt need to! he probably has a labor force of like 100 poeple to take care of his six mansions. :lol:
All i want to know is how are you going to pay for health care for 40 million americans, build the military up 40000 troops, build the CIA/FBI and a new agency on terrorism, and bring down the defecit while taxing just the rich? It aint gonna happen folks! He is lying his ars off!
FACT: the top 50% of taxpayers pay 96 % of all taxes. the poor dont pay nothing and some actually get more money back!

ckparrothead
07-30-2004, 10:08 AM
Last time I checked this was a free country, but not so very free that you could quit football to go smoke pot and not worry about going to jail.

It is illegal, lets not forget that. As stated eloquently in other threads, there's only 8 people in this country who are allowed to smoke marijuana medically and the list is closed, no names will be added. Sometimes doctors recommend it, but certainly don't prescribe it and warn you that you'll be in danger of going to jail for possessing it.

I love how Ricky is sooooo very committed to being a role model for the kids and helping the kids out with charities that he's becoming the poster boy for smoking illegal drugs on a daily basis and quitting your job and responsibilities in order to have fun and smoke weed with rock stars.

Great role model. When did Ricky become like this? I swear he's become so damn hypocritical its nauseating. Remember when he first came, and he kept talking about how a runningback makes an offensive line, not the other way around? Now we hear all kinds of stuff from him criticizing Seth McKinney for nearly getting his head knocked off, etc...and from Ricky's lawyer talking about how Ricky was really p!ssed at the offensive line for getting him hammered and stuff.

God, Ethan's right. Read through his past quotes, articles, etc....and every time you see something, you see a completely different person, a contradicting view...and basically a hypocrite.

Justasportsfan
07-30-2004, 10:11 AM
I bet Kerry smoked pot.

Chisel Monkey
07-30-2004, 10:12 AM
I bet Kerry smoked pot.

But I bet he didn't inhale, And I betting his wife didn't hold his cigar for him.

Phin-o-rama
07-30-2004, 10:16 AM
when i read the title of this thread i realized he was a kerry supporter....nuff said

My Lord People....Im Sitting Watch the Next President Talk and Then...

:roflmao: :roflmao:

ckparrothead
07-30-2004, 10:16 AM
I bet Kerry smoked pot.

I bet he didn't sniff coke or battle alcoholism though, unlike SOME presidents.

Justasportsfan
07-30-2004, 10:25 AM
But I bet he didn't inhale, And I betting his wife didn't hold his cigar for him.
Don't get me wrong. He put his life on the line for our country, he can smoke as much as he wants.

jaketaylor
07-30-2004, 10:28 AM
Its not the fact that the guy smokes pot that bothers me, its the timing of his "retirement". Quitting the team on the eve of training camp when you are a big part of the plan on offense is just unforgivable. Ultimately its his life and his choice to quit, but its the teamates and fans choice to judge that decision however they want to.

OH.....Kerry is going to stomp Bush worse then a narc at a bikers rally this November.

dolphindan1970
07-30-2004, 10:38 AM
I like many had no idea Bush was speaking toninght, because I know Kerry the next President must be a joke !

TorontoFin
07-30-2004, 10:44 AM
They say America is polarized down the middle, but judging from most of the responses, it seems that most fins fans have got their act together. I'm quite aware there is a separate jurisdiction on this site for politics, so I'll keep this as brief as I can. True Liberals in your country face a daunting task. Their party has been hijacked by the bitter, the stark-raving ideologues, clueless celebs, and of course disingenuous, filthy-rich wanna-be socialist crockumentary filmmakers. The reason why the convention has record low ratings is because it caters to those who only want to hear bush-bashing -- the rest -- moderate liberals or independents want to hear Kerry explain what he'll do better than Bush, end up tuning out empty-handed. If I was American and on the voting fence, I wouldn't be too impressed with a still-bitter Al gore whine four years after Florida; A rabid Sharpton who had nothing more original than blame the plights of all minorities on all republicans; A Dennis Kucinich who --lets face it -- would be more comfortable with Castro than Kerry; and of course a tired, forgotten, Jimmy Carter who had the stones to accuse Bush of making the U.S. an international mockery. Oh lest we forget, how just over 20 years ago this pacifist turned a giant into a timid mouse. I have to question just how healthy the Democratic party is when the best they can do is trot out Jimmy Carter to lecture President Bush on foreign policy.
As for Kerry, he better decide which identity he's going to run with -- the Jane Fonda supporting, Pol-pot apologist Clark Kent; or the Vietnam war hero Superman. He can't be both -- although he would like to be. It seems to me Kerry's polls crept higher the lower on the radar screen he was at the time. I think the MORE people see and hear this guy and his wife, the less chance he'll have to win.
As for Iraq and the war on terror, there are reasonable arguments to be made against it; and there is always room for debate -- I have debated many who have concerns. Problem is, I don't hear many intelligent arguments coming from the Kerry/Edwards/Kennedy'Steisand/ Moore party of America…
Yes, I'm Canadian. And yes, I love both Canada and America. Because unlike most of my brethren up here, I appreciate all you guys have done --whether you know it or not -- to make my country what it is. The next time a Canadian brags how we have socialized healthcare, just tell them, "the only reason you ca afford to throw piles of money at health care, is because we've picked up the security tab for you over the last 50 years."
Later.

Section126
07-30-2004, 10:46 AM
Can you say BACKLASH?

I loved it!!!

Let me add my two cents.......Kerry Sucks.

Section126
07-30-2004, 10:47 AM
I bet he didn't sniff coke or battle alcoholism though, unlike SOME presidents.

Clinton battled alcoholism?

I didn't know that.

Phin-o-rama
07-30-2004, 10:57 AM
this is funny (maybe should be posted in political forum but i feel it pertains to the way this thread has shifted)

I'm trying to get all this political stuff straightened out in my head so I'll know how to vote come November. Right now, we have one guy saying one thing. Then the other guy says something else. Who to believe. Lemme see, have I got this straight?

Clinton awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Yugoslavia - good...
Bush awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Iraq - bad...

Clinton spends 77 billion on war in Serbia - good...
Bush spends 87 billion in Iraq - bad...

Clinton imposes regime change in Serbia - good...
Bush imposes regime change in Iraq - bad...

Clinton bombs Christian Serbs on behalf of Muslim Albanian terrorists - good...
Bush liberates 25 million from a genocidal dictator - bad...

Clinton bombs Chinese embassy - good...
Bush bombs terrorist camps - bad...

Clinton commits felonies while in office - good...
Bush lands on aircraft carrier in jumpsuit - bad...

Clinton says mass graves in Serbia - good...
Entire world says WMD in Iraq - bad...

No mass graves found in Serbia - good...
No WMD found Iraq - bad...

Stock market crashes in 2000 under Clinton - good...
Recession under Bush - bad...

Clinton refuses to take custody of Bin Laden - good...
World Trade Centers fall under Bush - bad...

Clinton says Saddam has nukes - good...
Bush says Saddam has nukes - bad...

Clinton calls for regime change in Iraq - good...
Bush imposes regime change in Iraq - bad...

Terrorist training in Afghanistan under Clinton - good...
Bush destroys training camps in Afghanistan - bad...

Milosevic not yet convicted - good...
Saddam in custody - bad...

Ah, it's so confusing!

Clinton commits felonies while in office - good...
Bush lands on aircraft carrier in jumpsuit - bad...

that made me laugh

Marino1983
07-30-2004, 03:18 PM
RunTravisRun:

Oliver...

:roflmao:

You must of been in Ricky's stash Oliver !!

:lol:

Marino1983