PDA

View Full Version : Kerry's speech was full of LIES.

Section126
07-30-2004, 12:20 AM
Does he think that we are all stupid?

Questionable items from Kerry Speech tonight (concentrating on facts, not opinions):

- "But guess which wing of the hospital the maternity ward was (born) in? I'm not making this up. I was born in the West Wing!"

If he didn't say "I'm not making this up," I wouldn't have questioned it. Now I do.

- "On one occasion, I rode my bike into Soviet East Berlin."

Kerry is 60. The Wall was built in 1961 or 1962. The Berlin Airlift was in 1948, when he was 4 years old, so there was alteady a sealed border around West Berlin. Am I to belive that the borders between E and W Berlin were so poorly guarded that a teenager could just ride his bike into the East?
- And then I reached across the aisle to work with John McCain, to find the truth about our POW's and missing in action, and to finally make peace with Vietnam.

You could write a book about how dishonest this statement is. I believe some people have. Kerry was a post-Vietnam POW-MIA obstructionist for whom it was more important to "normalize" relations with Vietnam than it was to find out anything meaningful about POW-MIAs.
- You don't value families by kicking kids out of after school programs and taking cops off our streets, so that Enron can get another tax break.

An when did W do this? (The Clinton Administration did actually give Enron a tax break)

Kamikaze
07-30-2004, 12:28 AM
You bore me. Surely your hatred of Kerry can shine through better than this. From far leftie to far rightie, I know you can blind yourself by ideology better than this!

Karl_12
07-30-2004, 12:28 AM
God Lord! How many threads are you going to make of this one topic?

Section126
07-30-2004, 12:35 AM
You bore me. Surely your hatred of Kerry can shine through better than this. From far leftie to far rightie, I know you can blind yourself by ideology better than this!

AHH!!! Can't refute those outlandish lies he delivered huh?

I knew you could not bring yourself to defend Lurch.

HE RODE HIS BIKE INTO EAST BERLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was priceless!!!!!

PhinPhan1227

Questionable items from Kerry Speech tonight (concentrating on facts, not opinions):

- "But guess which wing of the hospital the maternity ward was (born) in? I'm not making this up. I was born in the West Wing!"

If he didn't say "I'm not making this up," I wouldn't have questioned it. Now I do.

Kerry is 60. The Wall was built in 1961 or 1962. The Berlin Airlift was in 1948, when he was 4 years old, so there was alteady a sealed border around West Berlin. Am I to belive that the borders between E and W Berlin were so poorly guarded that a teenager could just ride his bike into the East?
- And then I reached across the aisle to work with John McCain, to find the truth about our POW's and missing in action, and to finally make peace with Vietnam.

You could write a book about how dishonest this statement is. I believe some people have. Kerry was a post-Vietnam POW-MIA obstructionist for whom it was more important to "normalize" relations with Vietnam than it was to find out anything meaningful about POW-MIAs.
- That flag flew from the gun turret right behind my head. It was shot through and through and tattered, but it never ceased to wave in the wind.

Hmmm....do the swift boats really fly the colorful flag to make themselves more visible to the enemy?
- You don't value families by kicking kids out of after school programs and taking cops off our streets, so that Enron can get another tax break.

An when did W do this? (The Clinton Administration did actually give Enron a tax break)

Not sure about the rest, but every US naval vessel flies the stars and stripes during combat. It's tradition.

Section126
God Lord! How many threads are you going to make of this one topic?

Enough to bug you and all of the lefties on here.

Section126
07-30-2004, 12:39 AM
Not sure about the rest, but every US naval vessel flies the stars and stripes during combat. It's tradition.

Not swift boats.........

Maybe you can elaborate or we can get a Navy guy in here to clarify....

Kamikaze
07-30-2004, 12:39 AM

Maybe he actually did. Maybe he didn't. I'm too tired to look up a history book to see if it was even possible. Maybe you can find a better point to attack Kerry on.

I'm only voting for Kerry because I really dislike Bush. There's no big secret there, and you should just be happy that someone my age is voting at all. Ask Democrats to refute your claims that he's lying, because I'm not a Democrat, I'm only voting for one to spite Bush.

PhinPhan1227
07-30-2004, 12:41 AM
Not swift boats.........

Maybe you can elaborate or we can get a Navy guy in here to clarify....

I'm about 90% certain that swift boats run them as well. In pictures I've seen of them operating on the delta they all had their flags flying. Swift boats aren't stealthy or quiet, so I don't see how a 2 X 3 flag would make them any more visible.

Section126
07-30-2004, 12:42 AM
Maybe he actually did. Maybe he didn't. I'm too tired to look up a history book to see if it was even possible. Maybe you can find a better point to attack Kerry on.

I'm only voting for Kerry because I really dislike Bush. There's no big secret there, and you should just be happy that someone my age is voting at all. Ask Democrats to refute your claims that he's lying, because I'm not a Democrat, I'm only voting for one to spite Bush.

You will probably be a Republican by the age of 30........ :D

PhinPhan1227
07-30-2004, 12:42 AM

That philosophy is what got me to want Lucas and Griese to replace Fiedler...I figured it couldn't get any worse...I was wrong.

Section126
07-30-2004, 12:44 AM
I'm about 90% certain that swift boats run them as well. In pictures I've seen of them operating on the delta they all had their flags flying. Swift boats aren't stealthy or quiet, so I don't see how a 2 X 3 flag would make them any more visible.

Then you are probably right.......

I do know that there are very strict rules on placing your colors atop of a tank.......

A Buddy of mine got reamed for flying the Stars and Stripes atop of his M1 Abrams in Gulf War I

Karl_12
07-30-2004, 12:45 AM
Enough to bug you and all of the lefties on here.
Well I have to admit you do a good job.:D

PhinPhan1227
07-30-2004, 12:45 AM
Then you are probably right.......

I do know that there are very strict rules on placing your colors atop of a tank.......

A Buddy of mine got reamed for flying the Stars and Stripes atop of his M1 Abrams in Gulf War I

Tanks are another matter. The guy shooting at you is probably also in a tank and as such isn't going to hear you coming. A swiftboats engines carry for miles down a river.

Section126
07-30-2004, 12:46 AM
Well I have to admit you do a good job.:D

Thanks...I do my best..... :)

Kamikaze
07-30-2004, 12:47 AM
You will probably be a Republican by the age of 30........ :D

No, if I were to undergo a conservative transformation, I'd become a Libertarian. I'll probably just moderate in the coming years. So, I'll just end up as a Democrat. I think you'd like me better as what I am now. My opinions are much easier to marginalize that way.

Section126
07-30-2004, 12:48 AM
Tanks are another matter. The guy shooting at you is probably also in a tank and as such isn't going to hear you coming. A swiftboats engines carry for miles down a river.

I guess you are probably right....I removed the claim from my critique of Kerry's speech.

BigFinFan
07-30-2004, 01:07 AM
When a Naval Vessel is underway, we fly the American Flag from the mast that is amidship.

While inport, whether US or Foreign, we fly the US Flag on the stern (back of the ship) and we fly the Union Jack on the bow (forward part of the ship).

Shortly after 9/11, President Bush authorized all US Navy ships to fly the "Don't Tread on Me Flag".

finfan54
07-30-2004, 08:56 AM

Keep up the good work Section! your good American! They cant answere you cause there lazy. Kind of like John kerry. he missed so many votes in the Senate that we should demand his pay be cut in half (after all he is a billionare).

finfan54
07-30-2004, 08:59 AM

Sad. This why America is in trouble.

PhinPhan1227
07-30-2004, 10:43 AM
When a Naval Vessel is underway, we fly the American Flag from the mast that is amidship.

While inport, whether US or Foreign, we fly the US Flag on the stern (back of the ship) and we fly the Union Jack on the bow (forward part of the ship).

Shortly after 9/11, President Bush authorized all US Navy ships to fly the "Don't Tread on Me Flag".

I assume you fly the Union Jack on the front when in an English port? Otherwise, what are you doing flying a foriegn flag?

caneproud117
07-30-2004, 12:16 PM

You can't prove that he wasn't unless you have his birth certificate

Once again, maybe you don't believe it, but either way we can neither say it is a lie nor say it is the truth because none of us were in E.Germany in 1948. It's hard to call that a lie. Just like when Bush told everyone he was actually in service we can't prove or disprove this, therefore following your logic, I can fault Bush on not providing proof and say he's a lier.

It may have been more important to normalize relations than finding about our POW's and MIA's but that does not mean it wasn't important to him

It's a proven fact that 52% of the tax breaks go to the people in the top 1% of the population, is Enron included in that braket?
Look at those tax breaks to those in the top 1% by 2010 (http://www.ctj.org/html/gwb0602.htm) :shakeno:

Section126
07-30-2004, 12:43 PM
Cane...it is not worth debating you because you refuse to deal with reality.

BTW...Enron was a corporation.......Bush cut INCOME TAXES......not CORPORATE TAXES.........

Please get informed.......

caneproud117
07-30-2004, 01:17 PM
nm

Section126
07-30-2004, 01:27 PM
nm

I don't.

ohall
07-30-2004, 02:49 PM

That whole bike riding in Germany story scared the crap out of me. Then it hit me, that's why he cares so much about what Europe thinks, he basically grew up there. I didn't know that until last night when he talked about his lil bike trip.

Oliver...

caneproud117
07-30-2004, 03:03 PM
Cane...it is not worth debating you because you refuse to deal with reality.

BTW...Enron was a corporation.......Bush cut INCOME TAXES......not CORPORATE TAXES.........

Please get informed.......

Maybe it's you who should be informed.

In the aftermath of the horrific terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on September 11, 2001, the President and congressional leaders quickly agreed on the outlines of a $50-75 billion, one-year economic stimulus plan to help those most hurt by the disaster and the economic downturn. After a flurry of corporate lobbying, however, that bipartisan agreement is in shambles.

On a close party-line vote, the House passed a $212 billion tax-cut bill stuffed with tax breaks for profitable corporate campaign contributors, including repeal of the corporate alternative minimum tax and huge increases in tax write-offs for “depreciation.” Senate Republicans have endorsed a similar measure, as has President Bush. Meanwhile, special interests continue to plead for even more tax breaks, from reinstating the three-martini lunch by making business meals 100 percent tax-deductible to granting special treatment for theme parks.

Link... (http://www.publicampaign.org/publications/studies/buynowsavelater/taxstudy.htm)

Care to rebute your statement?

Section126
07-30-2004, 03:19 PM
In the aftermath of the horrific terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on September 11, 2001, the President and congressional leaders quickly agreed on the outlines of a $50-75 billion, one-year economic stimulus plan to help those most hurt by the disaster and the economic downturn. After a flurry of corporate lobbying, however, that bipartisan agreement is in shambles.

On a close party-line vote, the House passed a $212 billion tax-cut bill stuffed with tax breaks for profitable corporate campaign contributors, including repeal of the corporate alternative minimum tax and huge increases in tax write-offs for “depreciation.” Senate Republicans have endorsed a similar measure, as has President Bush. Meanwhile, special interests continue to plead for even more tax breaks, from reinstating the three-martini lunch by making business meals 100 percent tax-deductible to granting special treatment for theme parks.

Care to rebute your statement?

Never mind that line in your own post, but that piece is writen as an opinion piece and editorial.......

It has little basis in fact........

Read your own post and look at what is being said....

The HOUSE passed that bill....That bill was then re-worked in a conference commitee with The Senate and it recieved final passage in the Senate by a vote of 92-2.

So...yes.....I AM INFORMED....and you are: :0wned:

caneproud117
07-30-2004, 03:22 PM
Never mind that line in your own post, but that piece is writen as an opinion piece and editorial.......

It has little basis in fact........

Read your own post and look at what is being said....

The HOUSE passed that bill....That bill was then re-worked in a conference commitee with The Senate and it recieved final passage in the Senate by a vote of 92-2.

So...yes.....I AM INFORMED....and you are: :0wned:

That wasn't my point, my point is that President Bush supports Corporate Tax Breaks.

PhinPhan1227
07-30-2004, 03:35 PM
That wasn't my point, my point is that President Bush supports Corporate Tax Breaks.

If you want to prove that statement, perhaps you could reproduce some material which shows Bush supporting Corporate tax breaks?

ohall
07-30-2004, 03:39 PM

And this is bad how?

Oliver...

BigFinFan
07-30-2004, 03:51 PM
I assume you fly the Union Jack on the front when in an English port? Otherwise, what are you doing flying a foriegn flag?

Sorry I did not make that clear. All US Navy ships currently fly the "Don't Tread on me Flag" in place of the Union Jack.

caneproud117
07-30-2004, 03:57 PM
If you want to prove that statement, perhaps you could reproduce some material which shows Bush supporting Corporate tax breaks?

* Wall Street tax cut. At the urging of many corporate leaders, Bush last year prodded through Congress $383 billion in tax cuts over 10 years on income from dividends and gains from the sale of stock and other assets. These tax breaks had little support among rank-and-file Republican lawmakers, who preferred to use the money to reduce taxes further for small businesses and families with children.

USA Today (http://www.keepmedia.com/ShowItemDetails.do?itemID=372123&extID=10032&oliID=213)

Does that prove it to you?

PhinPhan1227
07-30-2004, 04:06 PM
USA Today (http://www.keepmedia.com/ShowItemDetails.do?itemID=372123&extID=10032&oliID=213)

Does that prove it to you?

No, because those are still tax breaks for individuals. Those breaks apply to the sale of YOUR stock. Dividends from YOUR stock. Sheesh.