PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to any games this year??

akfinfan
06-12-2002, 12:02 PM
I live in Alaska, but I have obtained some tickets to the Oaklnad Raiders game on 15 Dec. I will be attending my first HOME Miami Dolphins football game!

GazPhin
06-12-2002, 12:21 PM
... I think there are other Fin Heaven regulars going to this game. I plan to be there if I can.

FinaticalOne
06-12-2002, 12:54 PM
I plan on going to two games this year. I'm waiting for the single tickets to go on sale in July. The first day they go on sale, I'm jumpin' on them. The two games I want are the Jets (2 tix) and the Raiders game (1 tix).

THEY WILL ALSO BE MY FIRST DOLPHIN HOME GAMES I'VE BEEN TO.

CAN'T WAIT! :cool:

FinaticalOne
06-12-2002, 12:58 PM
I'm also going down to the Dolphins Training Facility for their camp. My girlfriend is from Florida and she will be visiting her family during the month of August in Florida. She wants me to come down for a few days and she will take me to the training facility to watch them practice a few times.

MDFINFAN
06-12-2002, 12:59 PM
Hey guys if any you are in a position where you can tape the Miami games and send them to me, I would be most appreciative..I live in Md and when they play regionally, I get left out..I hate watching the score board during games trying to see where Miami is while I watch the redskins or ravens...Man how boring..And after the games I only get the replays of ESPN and they're trying to show all games, so I never get enough..I'll be willing pay someone to tape the games for me so I can see them for myself, even if I know the outcome,,I just want to see all miami's games for change. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.

inFINSible
06-12-2002, 01:52 PM
I'm going to the Jets and Raiders....

BLITZKRIEG
06-12-2002, 02:02 PM
I've been a season ticket holder for seven years....NEVER MISS A GAME!!!

I also try very hard to make it to every Training Camp....

PHINZ RULE!!!

FinaticalOne
06-12-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Hey guys if any you are in a position where you can tape the Miami games and send them to me, I would be most appreciative..I live in Md and when they play regionally, I get left out..I hate watching the score board during games trying to see where Miami is while I watch the redskins or ravens...Man how boring..And after the games I only get the replays of ESPN and they're trying to show all games, so I never get enough..I'll be willing pay someone to tape the games for me so I can see them for myself, even if I know the outcome,,I just want to see all miami's games for change. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.

I can probably help you out. I've been thinking of setting my satellite back up just for the NFL Sunday ticket. Last year I was hanging out over my neighbor's house watching the games. He has the Sunday Ticket also. He throws football ball parties every week where he would have three tvs set up in the family room and we watch any game that was a big matchup. One tv was always reserved for the Fins game (of course) and one tv was always on the Eagles game (my neighbor's team).

But if I do set up my satellite this year. I'll let you know. You can find me on this site easily. I check it every day. :)

FinaticalOne
06-12-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
I've been a season ticket holder for seven years....NEVER MISS A GAME!!!

I also try very hard to make it to every Training Camp....

PHINZ RULE!!!

LUCKY GUY! You must live in Florida?

I haven't missed a game in four years. Thank GOD for Direc Tv's Sunday Ticket:D . I'm live too far away to go there frequently. But I looking forward to being there this year!!! :D

FinaticalOne
06-12-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by inFINSible
I'm going to the Jets and Raiders....

COOL. Those are the games I have targeted and will get the tixs the first day they are available. What are some the best sections?

dolphinators13
06-12-2002, 03:14 PM
am going to the bears, colts, lions, games

DJFinfan
06-12-2002, 03:19 PM
I'm going to the fudgepacker game in GB. My two brothers and a good friend go to the FINS vs. fudgepacker game when ever they play. Miami owns them. I'll get harrassed a lot but I plan on having the last word.

DJFinfan
06-12-2002, 03:23 PM
MDFINFAN goto the website www.phins.com. On the site is a page called Places to Watch. It lists 4 bars that play the FINS games. I personally don't go to any of them as I have the NFL Ticket and watch every game at home with my two boys who I'am turning into big FINFANS.....one is named Zach you can figure out why.

PHINFAN4LIFE
06-12-2002, 03:34 PM

You cant get DirecTV in Maryland! If you can, its to your advantage to do so! Its the best thing to happen to Sunday Morning since Church! Like the FinaticalOne said, you can hook up a couple of different t.v's and throw a football party every week, charge your neighbors a buck for snacks and brew, have a great time and pay off your NFL Sunday Ticket at the same time! Im like the only Dolphin fan out of my immediate homies, and needless to say when the crew comes around on Sunday, they want to see Raider games, so they paid for another box, I hooked it up, now we watch two games at once, well, they do, I watch all PHINS, all the time!

akfinfan
06-12-2002, 04:34 PM
I went to a the Packer-Viking game last year in Lambeau field. I was dressed in all Viking wear!! (My wife and her family are die-hard Vikings fans) so I have adopted them to be my favorite NFC team. Miami will always have precedence though!!! It will be a war come December 21st in my house!!! I wasn't harrassed too much at the game. I was actually surprised I didn't get more crap! I got a ton of **** at the metrodome when I went to the Viking Dolphins game in Minnesota in 2000 though!!

MDFINFAN
06-12-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by FinaticalOne

I can probably help you out. I've been thinking of setting my satellite back up just for the NFL Sunday ticket. Last year I was hanging out over my neighbor's house watching the games. He has the Sunday Ticket also. He throws football ball parties every week where he would have three tvs set up in the family room and we watch any game that was a big matchup. One tv was always reserved for the Fins game (of course) and one tv was always on the Eagles game (my neighbor's team).

But if I do set up my satellite this year. I'll let you know. You can find me on this site easily. I check it every day. :)

FinaticalOne, you sound like a dream...Just let me know and I will make arrangements with you...Thanks Man.:D

I lived in Ft. Lauderdale until I went to college, then I moved as the job called for..Lucky you season ticket holder...I know I would be one if I lived there..Hopefully someday I will get to move back home.

chevysales
06-12-2002, 05:59 PM
so get the live play by via nfl or wqam and listen.
:)

FinaticalOne
06-13-2002, 09:13 AM
FinaticalOne, just let me know and I will make arrangements with you...Thanks Man.:D

No problem MDFINFAN. :)

dolphan39
06-13-2002, 09:22 AM
late entry into this thread, but I am mulling flying down to Fla for the Bills game Sun 10/20

dolfan06
06-13-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by chambers84
I live in Alaska, but I have obtained some tickets to the Oaklnad Raiders game on 15 Dec. I will be attending my first HOME Miami Dolphins football game! let me know what section your in. (by pm) i live in california and i'm meeting up with several guys at JRS for the raiders game.

dolfan06
06-13-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
let me know what section your in. (by pm) i live in california and i'm meeting up with several guys at JRS for the raiders game. the guys i'm meeting down there are miamian, inFINSible and dolfan4ever!

Miamian
06-15-2002, 05:31 PM
Earlier, we were also thinking of tailgating before the game and maybe afterwards. It might be best at a bar unless someone brings a barbecue and we make food/beer runs.

dolfan06
06-15-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Miamian
Earlier, we were also thinking of tailgating before the game and maybe afterwards. It might be best at a bar unless someone brings a barbecue and we make food/beer runs. on pine-pembroke blvd not far from the stadium.

and this is just a thought, if we chip in for food, thefinfanman has a canopy and barbeque and is there for all games, maybe we can party with him!. he's pretty cool, gave me his parking pass and i drove right up to the stadium!:D

Miamian
06-18-2002, 06:13 PM
Let's keep talking and if a few people can buy stuff like burgers, hot dogs, and beer (using contributions of course), it would work out great. Unfortunately I can't perform that task alone as I'll be coming on public transportation. But, in addition to chipping in I can whip up a few things at home.

It's Miami, so maybe something Latin, like arroz con quimbombo'. Yum.:eat:

dolfan06
06-19-2002, 03:13 AM
and burgers or even drinks from california, but if i know what we need, we'll have a rental car and we'll hit the store on the way to the stadium. not now, but just before i leave, email me your phone # and we can work something out!:cool:

miadphan13
06-19-2002, 06:21 PM
I am going to the Lions, Jets and Raiders games so far, maybe more. The original plan was I was going to rent a motorhome and get a block of rooms at a hotel since I am a travel agent. It may still work out that way since the games are far off, but I don't have the $$$ for tickets right now. Rent comes first. :( I know I won't get to sit by anyone except for the one's emailing me directly. Some will be flying into Orlando to meet up with me and then we all are driving down. I will meet everyone else at a designated spot at the game. I will email out my cell phone number to those interested, so meeting up will be easier. :)

inFINSible
06-19-2002, 10:25 PM
I'm going to the Jets and Raiders games.... can't wait to meet you people....it's gonna be a little wierd but probably very interesting...lol

Miamian I'll take care of everything this weekend ,amigo.

dolfan06
06-20-2002, 03:18 AM
i talked to a guy i met 2 years ago at the stadium and he said if we got our own eats, he has the spot and the barbeque!:D

miadphan13
06-20-2002, 02:05 PM
i talked to a guy i met 2 years ago at the stadium and he said if we got our own eats, he has the spot and the barbeque!:D

That works for me! I think since this is the first year of us meeting up for games, it will be a little off the wall. Next year, we will probably be more organized. If everyone just brings their own food and beer, that would be easier. Also, we can all meet at a designated spot before we take on the headache of the PARKING LOT or just park and meet in a designated area. Thoughts??

dolfan06
06-20-2002, 02:46 PM
i think it would be best if we hooked up somewhere!;)

Miamian
06-20-2002, 09:46 PM
We'll have to pool in either case. I'll be coming by bus anyway. Since we're all bringing food, although some will have to be bought on the way over, we can potluck it.

dolfan06
06-21-2002, 03:35 AM
god, times gonna drag until december!

OG54
06-21-2002, 01:41 PM
I will be going to see two Monday night games this year. The first will be the Miami Dolphins on Nov. 4th in Green Bay. The 2nd will be the Miami Dolphins home against the Chicago Bears on Dec. 9th and then I will stay in Miami to see them get revenge on Baltimore on the 15th of Dec.

Miamian
06-21-2002, 09:03 PM
We're only talking about the Oakland game for now. What about the Yets, which actually is only a few months from now?

Are we partying then also?

miadphan13
06-22-2002, 07:42 PM
I am going to the Lions, Jets AND Raider games for sure! I just don't have any money for tickets, so I will find tickets somewhere. I will probably rent a SUV or large van because I will have many from Orlando and just meet everyone somewhere. :)

Miamian
06-22-2002, 07:47 PM
Okay, I'm meeting Muck and inFINsible for the game against the Jets. Let's touch bases every so often.

miadphan13
06-22-2002, 07:59 PM
Okay!.......Dolfan984 is flying to Orlando and JayDog and I...Dolfan06, Leftcoastfin and family and maybe others are going to the Raiders game.

Miamian
06-23-2002, 12:23 AM
inFINsible and Dfan4life are going to the Raiders' game too. We've got a block of seats together with 06 and Leftcoastfin.

miadphan13
06-23-2002, 02:25 AM
Any tickets left for that? If not, I'll check with my scalper friend later on.

Dolfan984
06-23-2002, 05:51 AM
I need Raiders tickets!

Miamian
06-23-2002, 08:31 AM
I think it's too late to get in on our block.

inFINSible
06-23-2002, 08:54 AM
It's not too late,I'll trade 06 for miadphan13 anyday...;) :D

j/k 06.....not really.

yea...

I would.

Miamian
06-23-2002, 01:44 PM
I wish 13 could be with us in the stands too. It's going to cost a lot of pretty pennies from a scalper.

dolfan06
06-23-2002, 05:18 PM
^$%^%#(&^$%%$#*%*$*%$(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

inFINSible
06-23-2002, 06:32 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

dolfan06
06-23-2002, 07:36 PM
it takes a full grown man to handle a long board, not these little wave skimmers you use today!:p

miadphan13
06-23-2002, 07:44 PM
I wish I could too guys, but other things came up for me and I had to go with it. At least I have a styling pad to call my own now and I should be able to afford to go to the game later. Let's put it this way, I WILL be in Miami at the stadium with tickets or no tickets and a TV in my car in the parking lot. :lol: I WANNA MEET YOU GUYS!!!!! :D

Muck
06-23-2002, 10:08 PM
Hey Miamian. How many people are in our block??

Miamian
06-24-2002, 12:24 AM
Against the Jets, it's you, your buddy, me, inFINsible, and someone else inFINsible's bringing.

dolfan06
06-24-2002, 01:19 AM
my wife won't let me go to that game, sniff!

inFINSible
06-24-2002, 07:38 AM
it takes a full grown man to handle a long board, not these little wave skimmers you use today!:p

trust me....I'm a full grown man......last time I was out I had that rude awakening you get when you realize that your surf board is not floating you very well.....time to move on to a long board...or at least a long"er" board.

Dolfan984
06-24-2002, 05:33 PM
I will be at the Raiders game.

Miamian
06-24-2002, 09:37 PM
my wife won't let me go to that game, sniff! You'll be there in spirit.

dolfan06
06-25-2002, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Miamian
You'll be there in spirit. you can take that to the bank!;)

Dfan4Life
06-26-2002, 03:00 PM
Can anyone recommend a good place to stay in Miami? Prefferably a Mariott chain, cause my buddy (who's coming with me to 'da raidez game) works for them and can get a discount. I think we're leaning toward the Fountain Bleu (sp?)... Also, anyone got any ideas about tailgating? Maybe throw a big shin dig in our hotel room? Just a thought...

Miamian
06-27-2002, 01:24 PM
There's a Marriot downtown. I believe that the Fountainbleau is still associated with Hilton and will set you back a good ways financially. Are you looking for something near the stadium, downtown, Grove, beaches, or something else?

Dfan4Life
06-27-2002, 02:01 PM
I'm sorry, but I meant Hilton... don't know why I said Mariott in my original post...

Anyway, I'd like to stay somewhere close to the nightlife of Miami so when we get there Sat. night we can go out and crawl back to the hotel afterwards... :drinker:

Oh, I received the tickets today Miamian. Thanks again! I'll see you in December!

Peace,
-G-

inFINSible
06-27-2002, 03:11 PM
The Everglades hotel is downtown by Bayfront park...it's just across the bridge from S. Beach and it's reasonably priced ( about a $100 a night)......It's a pretty long ride to the stadium from there though....even longer if you stay out on S. Beach....but that's where the night life is for sure..

dolfan06
06-27-2002, 03:58 PM
there's a holiday inn, in ft lauderdale that is $70 a night and its only 20 mi from the stadium!

iceblizzard69
06-27-2002, 05:41 PM
South Beach is the place to stay in Miami and there are a bunch of cheap hotels there.

Miamian
06-27-2002, 09:04 PM
One thing about south beach: it's really better by public transportation (please no revulsion from anyone). Bus service is very frequent. If you go by car, especially beginning Friday night, traffic and parking can be nightmares. In fact I can see I-395 where it becomes McArthur Causeway from my window and it frequently backs up for about half-mile on the interstate, which doesn't take into account the entire stretch of causeway.

South beach is also by no means the be all and end all. It's where you would most likely go to party like a teenager. There's also the Grove, although hotels there are very expensive, and the west Brickell area close to downtown.

dolfan06
06-28-2002, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
South Beach is the place to stay in Miami and there are a bunch of cheap hotels there. i don't want anything too cheap. we got a motel on maui because it was cheap. it was cheap alright, my shoes kept sticking to the carpet!:rolleyes:

miadphan13
06-30-2002, 07:36 PM
Miamian is right! Ocean Drive - South Beach is a nightmare by car, but you can park in a parking garage around 7th St. I have stayed at the Avalon Majestic and it was around $200 a night. The hotels on that strip are pretty pricey. The Fontainbleu Hilton is the closest Hilton hotel unless you book the Hilton Grand Vacations Club/South Beach. There are like townhomes and pricey. Also, try looking up hotels on Ocean Dr, Collins Ave, Washington Ave and Lincoln Ave on www.travelocity.com I just found a rate of $70/night at the Tudor Hotel & Suites at 1111 Collins Ave.

I am a full-time travel agent with an IATA #, so if anyone needs further assistance, please email me at michelestravel@yahoo.com

iceblizzard69
06-30-2002, 08:08 PM
go to hotels.com, click on an expensive hotel and then put in a cheap price, and you could get accepted.

Miamian
07-01-2002, 12:37 AM
The upside is that if you do stay on South Beach and are able to leave your car parked someplace, everything is then within walking distance. In December, the weather is really mild and you won't sweat.

Mo Lewis
07-20-2002, 02:47 AM
For those of you whose first game will be the against the Jets sept 22, you will be in for a rude surprise when you get there. Those who have been to the jets games before can tell you. Fire man ed was down there last year leading the j-e-t-s cheer as we shut you out

Jaydog57
07-20-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Mo Lewis
Fire man ed was down there last year leading the j-e-t-s cheer as we shut you out Right, and somewhere in NYC at the same time, a firetruck was missing its hood ornament.:rolleyes:

dirtywhiteboy
07-23-2002, 11:51 AM
...and somewhere a village was missing their idiot...

dirtywhiteboy
07-23-2002, 11:54 AM
you guys/gals check this out...pretty decent deal if all is true!

http://www.dolphins-travel.com/homepack.htm

dolfan06
07-23-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy
you guys/gals check this out...pretty decent deal if all is true!

http://www.dolphins-travel.com/homepack.htm but i don't play goof, i mean golf!:D

dirtywhiteboy
07-24-2002, 01:24 AM
yeah, me either...but the package seems like a cool time!

dolfan06
07-25-2002, 01:39 AM
simmons to vinnie.............I LIKE IT!