PDA

View Full Version : Florida Marlins TRADE! Welcome back Juan Encarnacion!!!

TerryTate
07-30-2004, 06:59 PM
"The Florida Marlins traded pitcher Brad Penny, Hee Seop Choi and highly regarded Double-A pitcher Bill Murphy to the Dodgers for relief pitcher Guillermo Mota, catcher Paul Lo Duca and outfielder Juan Encarnacion." - ESPN

LoDuca is a heck of a catcher....Penny was struggling, and Guillermo Mota was teh setup man for Eric Gagne in Los Angeles, hes a fine quality reliever....

What is going to be the Marlins starting rotation?

Pavano
Willis
Beckett
Burnett?
Who am I missing as a possible 5th starter?

finsfan93
07-30-2004, 07:50 PM
your not really missing anyone. the only options that we have in the organization that i can think of is wayne, bump, tejera and phelps. all 4 have been used as injury replacements and all 4 have bombed. :confused:

another deal maybe? although i cant think of anything.

the bullpen is better and the catching spot is better.

the problem there is next year but thats another story.

tehMick
07-30-2004, 08:42 PM
Let's just pray that we get Darren Oliver back.
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Migs182005
07-30-2004, 09:50 PM
Here's the deal

The Marlins seem to be still working on two more trades.

1st. They are looking to get Derek Lowe of Boston to be the 5th starter.
It's said though they are looking for another starting type pitcher in return. (Maybe guys like Wayne, Phelps, etc could be enough with the right deal)

2nd. A couple of sources have said the Marlins are trying to get Walker and that Encarnacion along with Jason Stokes would be the main package.

If these two trades happen, you are looking at a tremendous team. (Even though it will deplete our Farm system even more, Florida needs to win now and get support for a Stadium)

1st. Pierre
2nd. Castillo
3rd. Cabrera
4th. Lowell
5th. Walker
6th. La Duca
7th. Conine
8th. Gonzalez

Rotation.
1. Beckett
2. Pavano
3. Burnett
4. Willis
5. Lowe

Koch and Manzanillo for the Middle innings and Mota for the 8th and Benitez for the 9th.

Mota is a tremendous pick up as he is one of the best relievers in baseball and was a huge reason the Dodgers bullpen was the best in baseball.

So far, the trade the Marlins made as is, will make a huge impact on the team.

If they can still add Walker and Lowe, this team will tremendously complete, and very, very dangerous.

Still, the key to ALL of this.................... Josh Beckett's health. If he's hurt, Florida is done.

Prime Time
07-31-2004, 09:39 AM
Kick *** trade. I will miss Penny :( but I am happy to see Encarnacion back. And looks like we now have a good catcher again. :up: Oh well, lets make another run.

AJBurnett34
08-01-2004, 10:19 PM
What a move this was! We brought back the Solid, Strong Arm Juan Encarnacion. This guy is a solid player with an extrordinary Arm and Glove. We also got Paul Loduca a great hitting catcher that will help out Migs and Lowell in the middle of the lineup. This move has filled certain holes for us. Also we put Conine in first which he has alot of experience in.

wonderl33t
08-02-2004, 04:36 PM
I am a huge Dodger fan and let me say we are happy to usher Juan out the door. His OBP has been something like .280 this year.

Lo Duca is a great catcher, I didn't want to see him go, but I think both teams benefitted from this deal. We really needed another starting pitcher and we got one. We have been in first place but I don't think we could win a world series with that team.