PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone who voted for Gore in 2000 that will now vote for Bush?

iceblizzard69
07-31-2004, 12:51 AM
I know that there are people who voted for Bush in 2000 that plan on voting for Kerry this year, but is there anyone who voted for Gore 4 years ago that is now for Bush? I would bet that there are a lot more people making the switch from Bush to Kerry than from Gore to Bush.

PhinPhan1227
07-31-2004, 12:53 AM
Lol...more importantly, is anyone that "mistakenly" voted for Robertson in 2000 still alive to try and vote for Kerry in 2004? Most of them had one foot in the grave already...;)

Clumpy
07-31-2004, 01:30 AM
I would bet that there are a lot more people making the switch from Bush to Kerry than from Gore to Bush.

From what I've read and heard, it seems that this is true. My friend voted for Bush but will now vote for Kerry. I know a few others that will, at least, not vote for Bush. Problem: They all reside in NY and it's commonly accepted that NY's electoral votes will go to Kerry already. I need more friends in Ohio or other swing states ;)

Karl_12
07-31-2004, 01:43 AM
A good number of people I work with at my job voted for Bush and they say they will vote for Kerry. I live in Minnesota and this year it is a swing state, but Minnesota usually votes Democrat.

Section126
07-31-2004, 09:43 AM
A good number of people I work with at my job voted for Bush and they say they will vote for Kerry. I live in Minnesota and this year it is a swing state, but Minnesota usually votes Democrat.

Minnesota is not a swing state...and if Bush is competitive there than he will win a landslide.......

Last republican to win Minnesota?.........NIXON....

Clumpy
07-31-2004, 09:56 AM
Minnesota is not a swing state...and if Bush is competitive there than he will win a landslide.......

Last republican to win Minnesota?.........NIXON....

Yes, Minnesota is a swing state :shakeno:

Section126
07-31-2004, 10:54 AM
Yes, Minnesota is a swing state :shakeno:

Then I guess Kerry is in real trouble........

Like I said...If Bush is even competitive in Minnesota...then Kerry is cooked.

CrunchTime
08-02-2004, 08:01 PM
Well I am a Democrat but a moderate one (A dying breed).I dont like our ticket (Too liberal ).so I will either vote for Nader or not at all.I wouldnt be surprised to see Bush elected again.Democrats always make the mistake of selecting liberal candidates and it will do them in again this year.Actually Gore was less liberal than these two.

iceblizzard69
08-02-2004, 11:32 PM
Well I am a Democrat but a moderate one (A dying breed).I dont like our ticket (Too liberal ).so I will either vote for Nader or not at all.I wouldnt be surprised to see Bush elected again.Democrats always make the mistake of selecting liberal candidates and it will do them in again this year.Actually Gore was less liberal than these two.

You think Kerry is too liberal but you are going to vote for Nader? That makes absolutely no sense.

I don't think Kerry is that liberal. Of the two major candidates, he is the one that is closest to the center. I wouldn't even say that he (or Edwards) are more liberal than your average Democrat.

Section126
08-03-2004, 09:40 AM
You think Kerry is too liberal but you are going to vote for Nader? That makes absolutely no sense.

I don't think Kerry is that liberal. Of the two major candidates, he is the one that is closest to the center. I wouldn't even say that he (or Edwards) are more liberal than your average Democrat.

:lol: :lol: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

DolFan31
08-03-2004, 10:41 AM
My uncle has been a life-long Republican. Never voted for a Democrat his whole life. He's voting for Kerry this year.

One of my co-workers here has also been a lifelong Republican and he did some lobbying in Tallahassee for Republicans and he's voting for Kerry this year.

All because of Bush.

Section126
08-03-2004, 12:43 PM
My uncle has been a life-long Republican. Never voted for a Democrat his whole life. He's voting for Kerry this year.

One of my co-workers here has also been a lifelong Republican and he did some lobbying in Tallahassee for Republicans and he's voting for Kerry this year.

All because of Bush.

You don't even believe that.

DolFan31
08-03-2004, 01:17 PM
You don't even believe that.

Thats what they told me. Because of Bush and the NeoCons in power, they are crossing party lines and voting Democrat. I think this is happening all over the country. Sure the country is still split but I think Bush is turning some lifelong Republicans into first time Democrat voters.

Section126
08-03-2004, 02:57 PM
Thats what they told me. Because of Bush and the NeoCons in power, they are crossing party lines and voting Democrat. I think this is happening all over the country. Sure the country is still split but I think Bush is turning some lifelong Republicans into first time Democrat voters.

And Kerry is turning anybody with a pulse into a Bush Voter.

DolFan31
08-03-2004, 03:13 PM
And Kerry is turning anybody with a pulse into a Bush Voter.

I have a pulse and Im voting for Kerry :tongue:

P4E
08-03-2004, 03:28 PM

All because of Bush.
That's funny.:) I was a registered Democrat and a registered lobbyist IN TALLAHASSEE in 1981. You can look it up if you want.

And I wouldn't vote for John Kerry if you had a gun to my head.

DolFan31
08-03-2004, 03:43 PM
That's funny.:) I was a registered Democrat and a registered lobbyist IN TALLAHASSEE in 1981. You can look it up if you want.

And I wouldn't vote for John Kerry if you had a gun to my head.

Ill take your word for it.

And I wouldn't vote for George W. Bush if you had a gun to my head.

Section126
08-03-2004, 03:51 PM

Wanna test that statement?

Aqua
08-03-2004, 03:56 PM
I'm a life-long Republican and even though I disagree with Bush on some issues I would never in a million years vote for Kerry.

Anybody switching from Bush to Kerry is in no way a true life-long Republican.

DolFan31
08-03-2004, 09:31 PM
I'm a life-long Republican and even though I disagree with Bush on some issues I would never in a million years vote for Kerry.

Anybody switching from Bush to Kerry is in no way a true life-long Republican.

Tell that to the Regans(except Michael, who wasnt even his biological son).

Ross
08-03-2004, 10:11 PM
My wife for one....

And to hear her speak on the circles she runs in, it's from Gore to Bush. I think those who say there are a lot more people making the switch from Bush to Kerry are whistling past the grave yard. Bush will carry the so-called "indepenent vote'...

--Ross

DolFan31
08-03-2004, 10:47 PM
And Minnesota is a swing state, since having a Republican governor should say something.

PhinPhan1227
08-03-2004, 11:01 PM
And Minnesota is a swing state, since having a Republican governor should say something.

Um...I'm thinking of a state...a state with a former first lady as Senator...Care to address how stupid that Minny is a swing state because of it's Governor comment?

DolFan31
08-03-2004, 11:08 PM
Um...I'm thinking of a state...a state with a former first lady as Senator...Care to address how stupid that Minny is a swing state because of it's Governor comment?

I actually think New York can be a Republican state someday. Its just as possible as California. Im not kidding either. Its very possible.

Section126
08-03-2004, 11:15 PM
Tell that to the Regans(except Michael, who wasnt even his biological son).

Hate to break it to you.....But Nancy reagan put out a release endorsing Bush on Monday...so your fantasy does not hold water........

As for Ron Jr......He is an apple that fell way off the tree......

And let me ask you this......Because Michael was adopted...that makes him a lesser person?

PhinPhan1227
08-03-2004, 11:27 PM
I actually think New York can be a Republican state someday. Its just as possible as California. Im not kidding either. Its very possible.

Not in THIS election. New York will go Democrat, and that is set in stone. It's inane to think that just because Minny has a Repub Gov, THAT makes them a swing state.

DolFan31
08-03-2004, 11:45 PM
Hate to break it to you.....But Nancy reagan put out a release endorsing Bush on Monday...so your fantasy does not hold water........

As for Ron Jr......He is an apple that fell way off the tree......

And let me ask you this......Because Michael was adopted...that makes him a lesser person?

can you prove she did?

DolFan31
08-03-2004, 11:48 PM
Not in THIS election. New York will go Democrat, and that is set in stone. It's inane to think that just because Minny has a Repub Gov, THAT makes them a swing state.

It doesnt automatically make them a swing state, but it says something about a "blue" state when they elect a Republican governor. It means to me that this state isnt automatically going to be a "blue" state. I would think you Bush supporters would actually agree that Minnesota is a swing state in this election, it could help Bush.

themole
08-03-2004, 11:49 PM

:goof:

themole
08-03-2004, 11:52 PM

THAT'S A WAGON FULL OF HORSESH!T!

themole
08-03-2004, 11:55 PM

Dead poeple can't vote. Oh... wait a minute we're talking about democrats aren't we. :roflmao:

DolFan31
08-03-2004, 11:56 PM
THAT'S A WAGON FULL OF HORSESH!T!

I swear on my life. And I dont take my life lightly.

DolFan31
08-03-2004, 11:57 PM
Dead poeple can't vote. Oh... wait a minute we're talking about democrats aren't we. :roflmao:

They can pay taxes, why not vote? :tongue:

themole
08-04-2004, 12:01 AM
I swear on my life. And I dont take my life lightly.

Well you certainly take your politics lightly. :D

DolFan31
08-04-2004, 12:28 AM
Well you certainly take your politics lightly. :D

I do, sometimes. ;)

iceblizzard69
08-04-2004, 09:40 AM

That's true. New York will easily go Democrat. We do have a Republican governor but it would be impossible for him to get elected if he didn't carry all of the Independent votes and some of the Democrat ones as well. I'm an Independent and I would vote for him if I could.

Section126
08-04-2004, 10:33 AM
can you prove she did?

It was reported in the New York Times, New York Post, Washington Times, and Washington Post....on Monday...is that enough proof?

baracuda
08-04-2004, 11:57 AM
I know that there are people who voted for Bush in 2000 that plan on voting for Kerry this year, but is there anyone who voted for Gore 4 years ago that is now for Bush? I would bet that there are a lot more people making the switch from Bush to Kerry than from Gore to Bush.
My best friend voted for Gore in 2000 (in Florida no less), and soon after 9/11 has been a staunch supporter of Bush. He is embarassed to admit that he actually supported the Dems in 2000, and wouldn't vote for Kerry if someone threatened him with cutting off his fingers. He's not the only one - trust me. The Jews (which he is) like the fact that Bush is very supportive of Israel. Kerry will just try to appease the Palestinians and will weaken Israel.

baracuda
08-04-2004, 12:00 PM

All because of Bush.
Tallahassee (Leon County) is 80% Democrat. Rallying support for Kerry in the state capitol is like preaching to the choir at church.

baracuda
08-04-2004, 12:04 PM
The only three states to be watching in this election are Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida. They all have very large electoral college numbers, and they are all on the fence going either way. The rest of the country is pretty much decided already.

P4E
08-04-2004, 01:27 PM
It was reported in the New York Times, New York Post, Washington Times, and Washington Post....on Monday...is that enough proof?
Can you prove those newspapers weren't taken over by Halliburton and the CIA so a false story could be planted that Nancy supports Bush?

Huh? Can you?

I didn't think so.

baracuda
08-04-2004, 01:54 PM
I didn't think
First honest thing you've said all day. :D

DolFan31
08-04-2004, 02:06 PM

Let's see some links then.

baracuda
08-04-2004, 02:19 PM
Let's see some links then.
Are you that seriously dense and stupid that you can't look down the threads in this very forum to see a link to it in the other thread specifically talking about Nancy Reagan.

Here, let me help you out there kingergartener....

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040803/ap_on_el_pr/reagan_bush_1

:rolleyes:

baracuda
08-04-2004, 02:20 PM
Better yet - are you that lazy that you can't do a news search on the web to find about 50,000 hits for this very topic?

Yep - another lazy liberal simply eating the BS that they get fed by the left side of the aisle.

DolFan31
08-04-2004, 02:25 PM
Better yet - are you that lazy that you can't do a news search on the web to find about 50,000 hits for this very topic?

Yep - another lazy liberal simply eating the BS that they get fed by the left side of the aisle.

Close-minded fool, look back on some of my posts and youll see I do my homework. that doesnt sound lazy to me.

baracuda
08-04-2004, 02:28 PM
Close-minded fool, look back on some of my posts and youll see I do my homework. that doesnt sound lazy to me.
It's lazy enough that if you really wanted to discover the truth on your own that you could've found it on any one of a number of reliable news sources of your choosing. But instead, you choose to take the lazy path and simply attack someone else. Not to mention that the subject has it's own thread on this very forum. How obtuse can one be? :goof:

DolFan31
08-04-2004, 02:29 PM
It's lazy enough that if you really wanted to discover the truth on your own that you could've found it on any one of a number of reliable news sources of your choosing. But instead, you choose to take the lazy path and simply attack someone else. Not to mention that the subject has it's own thread on this very forum. How obtuse can one be? :goof:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=40296

:rolleyes:

themole
08-04-2004, 04:11 PM
Tallahassee (Leon County) is 80% Democrat. Rallying support for Kerry in the state capitol is like preaching to the choir at church.

The name of their news paper is "The Tallahassee Democrat". How can anyone trust something like that for fair and balanced news. :shakeno:

baracuda
08-04-2004, 04:17 PM
The name of their news paper is "The Tallahassee Democrat". How can anyone trust something like that for fair and balanced news. :shakeno:
You mean the Tallahassee AP Wire Rag? They don't have a paper in Tallahassee - just a reprint of the AP wire. And of course 15 Seminoles beat reporters that talk about "Bobby Bowden's latest nap".

Section126
08-04-2004, 04:18 PM

Actually I would say that you don't do your homework...31...you just don't....If I had a dollar for every post you made that is a total fabrication...I would have as much money as the Ketchup Lady.

Marino1983
08-04-2004, 04:25 PM
Wanna test that statement?

I will TOUGH guy !!!!

:shakeno:

Marino1983

Marino1983
08-04-2004, 04:26 PM
My wife for one....

And to hear her speak on the circles she runs in, it's from Gore to Bush. I think those who say there are a lot more people making the switch from Bush to Kerry are whistling past the grave yard. Bush will carry the so-called "indepenent vote'...

--Ross

You just keep on telling that to YOURself !!!

:spit:

Marino1983

iceblizzard69
08-04-2004, 07:24 PM
My best friend voted for Gore in 2000 (in Florida no less), and soon after 9/11 has been a staunch supporter of Bush. He is embarassed to admit that he actually supported the Dems in 2000, and wouldn't vote for Kerry if someone threatened him with cutting off his fingers. He's not the only one - trust me. The Jews (which he is) like the fact that Bush is very supportive of Israel. Kerry will just try to appease the Palestinians and will weaken Israel.

I live in an area with a lot of Jews and the area is very Democratic. I don't have any numbers but I would think that more Jewish people will vote for Kerry than Bush because the cities with the largest Jewish populations tend to be Democratic.

Also, I know of a lot of people that are switching from Bush to Kerry. Thanks for pointing at that there is one person who is making the switch in the other direction, but I still think that a lot more people are making the switch from Bush to Kerry.

DolFan31
08-04-2004, 08:08 PM
I live in an area with a lot of Jews and the area is very Democratic. I don't have any numbers but I would think that more Jewish people will vote for Kerry than Bush because the cities with the largest Jewish populations tend to be Democratic.

Also, I know of a lot of people that are switching from Bush to Kerry. Thanks for pointing at that there is one person who is making the switch in the other direction, but I still think that a lot more people are making the switch from Bush to Kerry.

We might as well give up Ice. Theyre not going to admit it, theyre too afraid their oil-loving Texas frat boy is going to be voted out in November.

DolFan31
08-04-2004, 08:09 PM
Actually I would say that you don't do your homework...31...you just don't....If I had a dollar for every post you made that is a total fabrication...I would have as much money as the Ketchup Lady.

Whatever happened to "I like debating politics with you!"?

PhinPhan1227
08-04-2004, 08:26 PM
We might as well give up Ice. Theyre not going to admit it, theyre too afraid their oil-loving Texas frat boy is going to be voted out in November.

Actually I'd say it's 50/50. This election will come down to turnout, and that might very well be wat gets Kerry in. Half the country fears Kerry but half of it hates Bush. Hate is more "motivating".

iceblizzard69
08-04-2004, 09:52 PM
Actually I'd say it's 50/50. This election will come down to turnout, and that might very well be wat gets Kerry in. Half the country fears Kerry but half of it hates Bush. Hate is more "motivating".

I agree. I think Kerry will win the popular vote, but I think it's too close to call who will win the electoral college and in the end that is what will decide who the president is. I think that three states, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Florida, will decide who the next President is. All 3 carry a lot of electoral votes and all 3 are swing states.

Ross
08-04-2004, 11:15 PM
Can you prove those newspapers weren't taken over by Halliburton and the CIA so a false story could be planted that Nancy supports Bush?

Huh? Can you?

I didn't think so.

What? The NYTimes taken over by Haliburton and without a leak from one journalist? This kind of thinking to coincides with the belief in mass brainwashing and aliens...

--Ross

Ross
08-04-2004, 11:34 PM
Kerry will not win the popular vote. Everywhere kerry goes he has hundreds of supporters.

Bush has thousands...

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 11:17 AM
Honestly, I don't care if Kerry wins 60% of the popular vote. Just so long as Kerry only wins 48% of the EC.

caneproud117
08-05-2004, 11:40 AM
Honestly, I don't care if Kerry wins 60% of the popular vote. Just so long as Kerry only wins 48% of the EC.
I'm all for getting rid of the EC altogether, I just think that a President should be elected because the majority of the people in the country want him to be, not because a guy voted in a state that's for another candidate. Basically that man/woman's vote means nothing.

iceblizzard69
08-05-2004, 02:16 PM
I'm all for getting rid of the EC altogether, I just think that a President should be elected because the majority of the people in the country want him to be, not because a guy voted in a state that's for another candidate. Basically that man/woman's vote means nothing.

The EC makes some people's votes worth more than others. If you live in California, Texas, New York, Illinois, your vote doesn't matter. In Presidential elections, your vote only matters if you live in a swing state. This election will be decided by people in three states and that sucks. The EC was created because the government didn't trust the people and the people can be trusted to elect our leaders. I hear this crap about state's rights, but this is a federal election and it shouldn't matter what state you live in during a federal election. At this point, it would make the most sense to just decide the election through a popular vote. People, not a 200 year old outdated system, should decide who runs this country.

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 02:40 PM

If you don't like it, get your state to change it's means of allocating the EC votes. Two states already give their votes to each candidate based on the number of votes they recieve. Call you local Representative, and/or start a petition.

Marino1983
08-05-2004, 03:44 PM
Kerry will not win the popular vote. Everywhere kerry goes he has hundreds of supporters.

Bush has thousands...

:huh:

Are YOU referring to the (((thousands))) that are pushed back beyond earshot picketing W's wonderful handling of domestic and foreign policies !!!

:rolleyes2

Marino1983

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 04:18 PM

Are YOU referring to the (((thousands))) that are pushed back beyond earshot picketing W's wonderful handling of domestic and foreign policies !!!

Marino1983

I was waiting for someone to bring this up...did you see the caged in areas blocks away from the Democratic Convention set up for Anti-Kerry protestors? Are you going to complain about those as well, or does your double standard prevent you from doing so?

DolFan31
08-05-2004, 04:33 PM
I was waiting for someone to bring this up...did you see the caged in areas blocks away from the Democratic Convention set up for Anti-Kerry protestors? Are you going to complain about those as well, or does your double standard prevent you from doing so?

Now did you get that info from Fox, Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Riley, or Savage?

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 05:14 PM
Now did you get that info from Fox, Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Riley, or Savage?

ROFL..I saw it on CNN when they were covering the Convention. If you watched you saw them as well.

DolFan31
08-05-2004, 06:18 PM
ROFL..I saw it on CNN when they were covering the Convention. If you watched you saw them as well.

Some liberal media huh? :D

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 06:22 PM
Some liberal media huh? :D

Heck, even a broken clock is right twice a day... :cool:

ABrownLamp
08-05-2004, 06:22 PM
How about the oath that Bush made people sign before entering his.

Marino1983
08-05-2004, 07:07 PM

My "Double Standard" ?????????????

Do YOU EVER proof read ANY of YOUR right-wing spew PP ?

The protesters that rallied at Boston were just a fraction of what lies ahead for YOUR boys in NY !!

It is common knowledge and reported that the protesters that gather at W's stump :laughat: speeches out number the protesters that assemble for J Kerrys ....

Sooooo much MORE hatred for W,,, I wonder WHY ?

:lol:

Marino1983

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 07:13 PM
My "Double Standard" ?????????????

Do YOU EVER proof read ANY of YOUR right-wing spew PP ?

The protesters that rallied at Boston were just a fraction of what lies ahead for YOUR boys in NY !!

It is common knowledge and reported that the protesters that gather at W's stump :laughat: speeches out number the protesters that assemble for J Kerrys ....

Sooooo much MORE hatred for W,,, I wonder WHY ?

:lol:

Marino1983

No double standard at all. I never brought up the Deomocrats keeping the protestors away because the Republicans do the EXACT same thing. But when someone DOES bring up the Repubs doing this while ignoring the Dems THAT is a double standard. Do tell...what statement have I made against Kerry that applies to Bush? Try something new...specific facts.

MDFINFAN
08-05-2004, 11:03 PM
2 things, 1. if you don't agree with the Bush Admin...you're not patriotic.
2. I don't see the appeal of a non speaking, bend the rules if his favor (that's better than saying liar), when before the war it's WMD, and link to bin laden and after the initial war, it's to remove a dictator who killed his own people..no WMD, no link to 9/11, no army to really call one, that's why we just swept right on in, he wasn't about to threaten anyone anytime fast..this was BS and a whole lot of people bit, because if they said any thing different, they were painted unpatriotic. People support our troops, but didn't really support the policy, but couldn't get a word in edge wise without the unpatriotic symbol hitting them..Because we got fight nations with no real armies, people think bush is tough, it doesn't matter the man can't read, he started a war, it doesn't matter he doesn't even know how to tie a tie, he started a war, he's tough...please, I notice when Korea made some noise I didn't see the tough bush respond to them. People get a clue, this party line vote without thinking through the vote is rediculous. You shouldn't be voting for a party, but what's best for the country and right now, Bush does not make our country good, but shows us at our worst. Oh by the way, party line people diss any one who doesn't give the party line responses..i.e. Germany and France and others didn't go along with us, but they're the bad guys too...does any party line person see the hypotricy in this..think for yourselfs and stop allowing people to tell you how to think...we need more parties or something..this is rediculous...Bush representing our country makes me sick. We definetly have better people in this country who can be president and articulate themselves as well. I try to listen to bush because the supreme court said he was president and it's extremely hard with his bumbled words and I don't know ways, it's embrassing to me to see him address anybody, especially other countries listening to him and saying, this is the best America has..and I know they're laughing..because I'm crying...I await the party line defenders...

Ross
08-05-2004, 11:28 PM

That's called "mob rule" and our founding father's put in the EC to prevent such a thing...

Ross
08-05-2004, 11:31 PM

Marino1983

nah, I'm talking about the 4, 000 he ate corn with in iowa while kerry spoke to how many? 2 hundred?

LOL...

--Ross

SWS84
08-06-2004, 02:47 PM
That's called "mob rule" and our founding father's put in the EC to prevent such a thing...

Yea, I like that the EC is there, IMO, so that every state is represented. If it wasn't there then only the people who live in the large metro areas like New York City, LA, Chicago, and Miami would be heard because their populations would out-number everyone else.

Steve

baracuda
08-06-2004, 03:16 PM
Heck, even a broken clock is right twice a day... :cool:
Not if it's digital. :eek:

CirclingWagons
08-06-2004, 03:25 PM
I was only 17 during last election, so I couldn't cast my vote(which would've been for Gore). Now I will reluctantly vote Kerry cause I'd sooner shoot Drano into my dick than vote for our jackass president.

baracuda
08-06-2004, 03:35 PM
I was only 17 during last election, so I couldn't cast my vote(which would've been for Gore). Now I will reluctantly vote Kerry cause I'd sooner shoot Drano into my dick than vote for our jackass president.
Isn't that a contradiction in terms, considering the jackass is the mascot of the Democratic Party? ;)

An uninformed mind is a terrible thing to waste. :shakeno:

CirclingWagons
08-06-2004, 03:37 PM
Isn't that a contradiction in terms, considering the jackass is the mascot of the Democratic Party? ;)

An uninformed mind is a terrible thing to waste. :shakeno:
hah, twas an unintentional contradiction...good one. ;) .

ohall
08-06-2004, 04:20 PM
2 things, 1. if you don't agree with the Bush Admin...you're not patriotic.

No one here has ever hinted at that. I didn't read any further, because I doubt the rest of the post made any more sense than the 1st sentence.

Oliver...

iceblizzard69
08-06-2004, 05:11 PM
Yea, I like that the EC is there, IMO, so that every state is represented. If it wasn't there then only the people who live in the large metro areas like New York City, LA, Chicago, and Miami would be heard because their populations would out-number everyone else.

Steve

But don't you think every vote should be equal? Don't you think that the person who is elected president should be the one who gets the most votes?

ohall
08-06-2004, 05:30 PM
But don't you think every vote should be equal? Don't you think that the person who is elected president should be the one who gets the most votes?

It wouldn't make a difference. If that was how we elected a President the way the REP's and DEM's run their campaign would change. Either way it's a level field for all parties involved. I just wish this excuse would stop. You cannot change the rules after the fact. We decide upon the rules and that's how they decide how they will run a campaign.

And for me, I think the current system has proven to be a GREAT system. It's served this country well as far as concerned. If Gore was a smarter politician he would have taken the high road like Nixon did. If he had I have no doubt he'd be beating Bush #43 right now. Instead he took the low road, and he has become a joke, and he'll never be allowed to run for President again.

Oliver...

SWS84
08-06-2004, 05:47 PM

No, I think the EC is the way to go. Otherwise, our polititians would just focus on the urban areas and ignore the rural areas. The way it is now, the rural areas are being included.

Steve

Section126
08-06-2004, 06:19 PM

That's just dumb.

CirclingWagons
08-06-2004, 06:23 PM
That's just dumb.
No, just a colorful way of expressing my opinion about Bush.

Section126
08-06-2004, 06:33 PM
No, just a colorful way of expressing my opinion about Bush.

You should be kissing Bush's ***.....

CirclingWagons
08-06-2004, 07:32 PM
You should be kissing Bush's ***.....
You should get your head out of his and open your f*cking eyes

P4E
08-06-2004, 08:16 PM
Fling **** nice, boys.:)

P4E
08-06-2004, 08:30 PM
What? The NYTimes taken over by Haliburton and without a leak from one journalist? This kind of thinking to coincides with the belief in mass brainwashing and aliens...

--Ross
PLEASE tell me you recognized my post as sarcasm. Please?

Marino1983
08-06-2004, 08:50 PM
You should get your head out of his and open your f*cking eyes

:roflmao: :roflmao:

:up:

Marino1983

CrunchTime
08-07-2004, 10:12 AM

Call the vote for Nader a "protest" vote.He has no chance of winning and will take away votes from Kerry which is OK with me as I am finally changing to the Republican party which better represents my views.(And yes I will vote for Bush)

Ross
08-08-2004, 01:02 PM
PLEASE tell me you recognized my post as sarcasm. Please?

Well no. On this board I actually expect some to say that kind of thing.

My bad.

--Ross