PDA

View Full Version : USA Basketball Team gets BLOWN OUT

LIQUID24
08-03-2004, 04:09 PM
Granted it was only an exhibition game, but this is still worrisome. We lost to Italy 95-78. It wasn't close.

Perhaps this team is still gelling together, perhaps we are still getting used to the international refs (they call traveling A LOT). Or perhaps we're not that good. I'm not panicking or anything, but there are some definite holes on this team.

Our perimeter shooting is pretty bad, this HAS to improve. This team is seems to be very confused by the zone defense. We don't know how to penetrate it. We can't seem to the ball inside to our big men. Pretty frustrating to watch.

If we win the gold in the Oympics, it won't be easy. I'm not so sure we can do it. The world is catching up to us.

Thoughts?

t2thejz
08-03-2004, 05:56 PM
We will win it. I watched the game. I think it was a fluke. USA just needs to start playing like a team. Hopefully they will get it together by the time it starts counting

inFINSible
08-03-2004, 05:59 PM
It was only a matter of time before the world caught up. Couple that with the fact that american players would rather practice their dunks than their shooting or passing skills, and you have the recipe for a blow out.

Expect more.

MoFinz
08-03-2004, 06:10 PM
The simple fact is, we outshot them % wise from the floor, they wiped the court with us at the foul line and the 3 point line. The decline of the fundamentals in the American game is glaring. We lost because our guys quit playing the game. Im sure on a blacktop in Philly, the US team would have blown the Italians away. Too bad noone wants to be a student of the game anymore.

caneproud117
08-03-2004, 07:52 PM
For those of you who watched the game, didn't you feel the Americans were being given a hard time by the officials. I saw some ticky-tacky fouls called on us and a lot of pounding going on, on the other end with no whistle. Just wondering what you all thought.

Prime Time
08-03-2004, 09:52 PM
It was only a matter of time before the world caught up. Couple that with the fact that american players would rather practice their dunks than their shooting or passing skills, and you have the recipe for a blow out.

Expect more.

Wonderful post. You couldn't be anymore correct. Of course the world has caught up to us because instead of practicing a point shot people practice their dunks. :shakeno:

LIQUID24
08-03-2004, 09:59 PM
For those of you who watched the game, didn't you feel the Americans were being given a hard time by the officials. I saw some ticky-tacky fouls called on us and a lot of pounding going on, on the other end with no whistle. Just wondering what you all thought.
They did call traveling A LOT. Our players will have to get used to this and adjust accordingly.

t2thejz
08-04-2004, 09:34 AM
Wonderful post. You couldn't be anymore correct. Of course the world has caught up to us because instead of practicing a point shot people practice their dunks. :shakeno:
Except they still havnt caught up too us. We are still way more athletic and more skilled. It was a bad game. You have to remember 1)these guys just got done playing an NBA season plus playoffs for some. Thats pretty tiring. 2) These arnt the best players America has to offer. Most countries are putting their best out there and we should still beat them. 3) These other national teams have been playing together a lot longer than the US team. 4) Pretty much the whole US team is full of YOUNG superstars. It will take them a little while for them to find their place on the team. They cant all be the number one scorer. The game VS. Italy the players were trying to do too much by themselves. Italy just played better team game. 5) The US came into the game thinking it doesnt count its just an exhibition game. Italy came into the game thinking wouldnt it be awsome if we could be the Great American team. The game was worth a whole lot more to Italy.

Now im not making excuses for the US. THey should of won the game easily but instead they got embarassed. I am trying to proove that the world has not caught up to us. They are catching up but I dont think they will ever be caught up or at least not in my lifetime

ltfinfan
08-04-2004, 10:54 AM
They did call traveling A LOT. Our players will have to get used to this and adjust accordingly.

don't those refs know that they are star NBA players and that they are use to a different set of rules :roflmao: :roflmao:

inFINSible
08-04-2004, 11:00 AM
Except they still havnt caught up too us. We are still way more athletic and more skilled. It was a bad game. You have to remember 1)these guys just got done playing an NBA season plus playoffs for some. Thats pretty tiring. 2) These arnt the best players America has to offer. Most countries are putting their best out there and we should still beat them. 3) These other national teams have been playing together a lot longer than the US team. 4) Pretty much the whole US team is full of YOUNG superstars. It will take them a little while for them to find their place on the team. They cant all be the number one scorer. The game VS. Italy the players were trying to do too much by themselves. Italy just played better team game. 5) The US came into the game thinking it doesnt count its just an exhibition game. Italy came into the game thinking wouldnt it be awsome if we could be the Great American team. The game was worth a whole lot more to Italy.

Now im not making excuses for the US. THey should of won the game easily but instead they got embarassed. I am trying to proove that the world has not caught up to us. They are catching up but I dont think they will ever be caught up or at least not in my lifetime
I'm sorry, you haven't proven a thing.

6th in the world championships and then losing to ITALY!!their next time out....Proves a whole lot more.

You've heard the saying, "You have to play the best to be the best"? Well, that's exactly what was said when the USA first started dominating the olympics with the NBA players....They said that for awhile, the US team would smoke everyone consistently and that's what happened but, they also said that the other teams would LEARN from the US players and they would improve, until one day, they will beat the US team....That happened too.

They also said that from that point on the US would no longer be dominant.....

Take it for what it's worth, it may be a mirage, like you said or it may be the real deal, like others have predicted.

But, please don't say that your list of excuses is proof of anything.

inFINSible
08-04-2004, 11:02 AM
don't those refs know that they are star NBA players and that they are use to a different set of rules :roflmao: :roflmao:
You need to take three or four good steps to do a 360 switch hand no look crotchgrab dunk!! :lol:

Prime Time
08-04-2004, 02:29 PM

Now im not making excuses for the US.

Yes you are. That is all it is. EXCUSES.

t2thejz
08-04-2004, 10:35 PM
No its not its an exhibition game. Like I said before the US should of won, it was embarassing. We should win the gold no excuses. I was just stating how the world hasnt caught up to us yet. Everything I said is true and came into factor but even with those factors we should of won. Because a team beat us doesnt mean they have caught up to us. Like I said I believe it was a fluke. Jesus the team has been practicing together for 2 WEEKS. Thats nothing.

t2thejz
08-04-2004, 10:45 PM
I'm sorry, you haven't proven a thing.

6th in the world championships and then losing to ITALY!!their next time out....Proves a whole lot more.

You've heard the saying, "You have to play the best to be the best"? Well, that's exactly what was said when the USA first started dominating the olympics with the NBA players....They said that for awhile, the US team would smoke everyone consistently and that's what happened but, they also said that the other teams would LEARN from the US players and they would improve, until one day, they will beat the US team....That happened too.

They also said that from that point on the US would no longer be dominant.....

Take it for what it's worth, it may be a mirage, like you said or it may be the real deal, like others have predicted.

But, please don't say that your list of excuses is proof of anything.
WRONG. If you think the world has caught up to us then look in the NBA. Sure there has been a rise in European players in there. Like I said the world is catching up but havnt caught up and wont in my life time. But 90 percent of our stars are still American and like I said are top stars arnt even on the US team I have played against B ball players that have gone to Europe to play in there leagues and have done fairly well but they arnt even close to being able to make the last spot on an NBA team. If these Europeans have caught up then they would be in the NBA but there not because they arnt good enough. Now with that being said they are getting better but they arnt even close to are players skills

Prime Time
08-05-2004, 12:46 AM
t2thejz...you are contradicting yourself. You are listing excuses why USA lost and yet you say I am not making excuses. You obviously are.

just stating how the world hasnt caught up to us yet. Everything I said is true and came into factor but even with those factors we should of won.

Sounds like excuses If you ask me.

t2thejz
08-05-2004, 12:00 PM
.The US team lost because they didnt give it enough effort plain and simple. NO EXCUSES. I am just pointing out that NO TEAM HAS CAUGHT UP TO OUR TEAM YET

inFINSible
08-05-2004, 01:56 PM
Yeah...No team has caught up....they lose to Italy and then need a buzzer beater to knock off that great basketball powerhouse Germany.

Prime Time
08-05-2004, 02:01 PM
.The US team lost because they didnt give it enough effort plain and simple. NO EXCUSES. I am just pointing out that NO TEAM HAS CAUGHT UP TO OUR TEAM YET

:shakeno: Take off those red, white, and blue glasses. They lost to Italy. Well they didn't even lose, they got embarassed. Germany almost beat us but it took a prayer for us to win. Yep noone has caught up to us alright. :rolleyes:. US isn't the same powerhouse it was a few years ago. People are getting better all around the world. That and they want to beat the US. But no you are right...no team has caught up to us. :roflmao:

LIQUID24
08-05-2004, 02:09 PM
Well, I'll put it this way: In terms of indiviual players, the world hasn't caught up. We have the best individual players. It's probably not that close either.

However, in terms of team ball (which is what matters, after all), the world is definitely closing the gap. They pass well, shoot well and have their fundementals down. They play great together. Some of these guys drop put of school very young (like 13-14) and are coached full-time. They play ball all day pretty much.

iceblizzard69
08-05-2004, 02:36 PM
Well, I'll put it this way: In terms of indiviual players, the world hasn't caught up. We have the best individual players. It's probably not that close either.

However, in terms of team ball (which is what matters, after all), the world is definitely closing the gap. They pass well, shoot well and have their fundementals down. They play great together. Some of these guys drop put of school very young (like 13-14) and are coached full-time. They play ball all day pretty much.

We do have the best individual players. I think the only foreign players who could make this team are Steve Nash, Pau Gasol, Dirk Nowitzki, Peja Stojakovic (sp?), and Yao Ming. Maybe I forgot one or two guys but you get the idea. We do have the best talent. However, we lack chemistry and since this is a team game, we won't win games if we lack it.

t2thejz
08-05-2004, 02:36 PM

I agree. They play better team ball, but the thing is the US is capable of playing team ball

t2thejz
08-05-2004, 02:37 PM
We do have the best individual players. I think the only foreign players who could make this team are Steve Nash, Pau Gasol, Dirk Nowitzki, Peja Stojakovic (sp?), and Yao Ming. Maybe I forgot one or two guys but you get the idea. We do have the best talent. However, we lack chemistry and since this is a team game, we won't win games if we lack it.
I agree 100 percent but I think we need only half the chemistry the other teams do and we can win it all. Im hopfull that we can get it together

t2thejz
08-05-2004, 02:42 PM
:shakeno: Take off those red, white, and blue glasses. They lost to Italy. Well they didn't even lose, they got embarassed. Germany almost beat us but it took a prayer for us to win. Yep noone has caught up to us alright. :rolleyes:. US isn't the same powerhouse it was a few years ago. People are getting better all around the world. That and they want to beat the US. But no you are right...no team has caught up to us. :roflmao:
Alright Italy beat us ONCE. If we played them 10 times, they would be lucky to win 3 games and if you think otherwise you dont know anything about the game. You guys have to get real if you think any European team has caughten up to us.

Bodzilla29
08-05-2004, 02:49 PM
America has a lot of fundamental players, it is just that hardly any of them are top notch athletes and don't get a chance to show what they can do because they NBA is about POTENTIAL. A kid with a 10ft wingspan, a 44 inch vert, and a killer crossover is going to be drafted ahead of a 4 year college guy with good fundamentals but slow foot speed. There are thousands of Americans playing all over the world with very good fundamentals in teams with great "team" games.

Right now the youth do NOT have to adapt because the system is set up for the athletes to get all the chances. Until GMs stop taking players based on A.A. and potential and make them PROVE themselves nothing will change, I guarentee you that. You think the kid growin up in the Bronx right now is worried about beating Latvia? No, he wants to get on SportsCenter and get a max contract.

And the term "Superstar" is being thrown around generously. Hoe many Superstars are on team USA? I count 2. That is right, two players. Tim Duncan and Allen Iverson. What has any other player done to deserve the moniker superstar? Good young players? YES! But to be a superstar you have to be more than that and you have to WIN. You have to be the Go-To guy in pressure situation and you have to suceed over a long period of time before you are a real star.

Bodzilla29
08-05-2004, 02:51 PM
Alright Italy beat us ONCE. If we played them 10 times, they would be lucky to win 3 games and if you think otherwise you dont know anything about the game. You guys have to get real if you think any European team has caughten up to us.

Italy do not have one currant or former NBA player on their roster. That statement speaks for itself.

t2thejz
08-05-2004, 03:07 PM
Marbury is a superstar. Look at the guys numbers

Bodzilla29
08-05-2004, 04:42 PM
Marbury is a superstar. Look at the guys numbers

How many winning teams has he been a part of, and been the #1 guy on?

He is a star, but calling him a superstar just shows how much that term is worth these days. To me, it ain't worth a row of beans anymore.

It is just a product of the hype machine.

t2thejz
08-05-2004, 04:59 PM
Wow! He has averaged a little over 20 points and 8 assists per game in his career. He is right up there with Iverson, and I agree I was throwing the term around pretty losely but Marbury is an elite player

Prime Time
08-05-2004, 06:07 PM
t2thejz....they killed us. It wasn't like they won by 3 points or something. For you to make that statement is just because you are being blinded by the red white and blue.

Bodzilla29
08-05-2004, 10:33 PM
Wow! He has averaged a little over 20 points and 8 assists per game in his career. He is right up there with Iverson, and I agree I was throwing the term around pretty losely but Marbury is an elite player

But teams don't get better because of Marbury. He doesn't bring teams up a level like real superstars do. It isn't just about stats, look at Glenn Robinson. Good PPG and RPG averages but was he ever a superstar?

Stats are a small part of the equasion for me. What you do in a broader sense is what makes *true* superstars.

Marbury, to me, is a star that is young enough to become a superstar if he brings teams to the forefront. Right now he is only a star to me though.

t2thejz
08-05-2004, 11:11 PM
But teams don't get better because of Marbury. He doesn't bring teams up a level like real superstars do. It isn't just about stats, look at Glenn Robinson. Good PPG and RPG averages but was he ever a superstar?

Stats are a small part of the equasion for me. What you do in a broader sense is what makes *true* superstars.

Marbury, to me, is a star that is young enough to become a superstar if he brings teams to the forefront. Right now he is only a star to me though.
What about T-Mac. What would you consider him?

t2thejz
08-05-2004, 11:16 PM
t2thejz....they killed us. It wasn't like they won by 3 points or something. For you to make that statement is just because you are being blinded by the red white and blue.
Did you watch the game? So you actuelly think Italy is a better team then us and has caught up. You call me blind? If they were a better team then the Us wouldnt have been so embarassed after losing.

Bodzilla29
08-05-2004, 11:39 PM
What about T-Mac. What would you consider him?

I think Tmac is a star, and a very good basketball player that is made out to be great by the media machine. He is a very good player with the chance for greatness. But, what has he ever done for his teams? Another guy that has never been out of the first round of the playoffs and everybody bows to him. Win something, show me you have the heart and will power to force your team to victory. Tmac hasn't shown this yet, but is still young and can definately get there.

Remember, this is only my opinion(but I think everybody would do well in adopting it, I mean some people think Amare freakin Stoudemire and Dwyane Wade are superstars). To me, to be a real superstar, you have to win. PLain and simple. MVP of the league, Rings, and the ability to win a game and take your teammates to another level. There are few true superstars, and that is the way it should be. Only the best of the best should be considered in the superstar category, the rest should be called stars or good players until they reach greatness.

t2thejz
08-06-2004, 12:07 PM
I think Tmac is a star, and a very good basketball player that is made out to be great by the media machine. He is a very good player with the chance for greatness. But, what has he ever done for his teams? Another guy that has never been out of the first round of the playoffs and everybody bows to him. Win something, show me you have the heart and will power to force your team to victory. Tmac hasn't shown this yet, but is still young and can definately get there.

Remember, this is only my opinion(but I think everybody would do well in adopting it, I mean some people think Amare freakin Stoudemire and Dwyane Wade are superstars). To me, to be a real superstar, you have to win. PLain and simple. MVP of the league, Rings, and the ability to win a game and take your teammates to another level. There are few true superstars, and that is the way it should be. Only the best of the best should be considered in the superstar category, the rest should be called stars or good players until they reach greatness.Alright you make some good points. I still think Stephan is a borderline superstar but your consistent and your opinion is as valid as any others

inFINSible
08-18-2004, 06:09 AM
No, nobody has caught up to the US....It was all just a mirage....The US is back to it's old dominating ways.

Good call, t2......thanks for setting us straight.

t2thejz
08-18-2004, 07:00 AM
No, nobody has caught up to the US....It was all just a mirage....The US is back to it's old dominating ways.

:shakeno: You dont know **** about b-ball if you think the world has caught up to us. Did you even watch the game? Puerto Rico wanted it more than our players. Plain and simple. You could tell by the expressions on their face. For some reason our team doesnt give a cats *** if we win the gold or not. It doesnt mean anything to them. They would play twice as hard in the playoffs. I mean the team captain is Allen Iverson. :lol: The guys a bum. The team just doesnt have the drive they need to win . To think that puerto rico is even as good as the US. Then you need to study the game a little more. The reason why the US looks so bad is a think called effort, not talent.

inFINSible
08-18-2004, 07:11 AM
No, it's a thing called TEAM.

t2thejz
08-18-2004, 07:13 AM
So you actuelly think that Puerto Rico is better than the US team or as good

inFINSible
08-18-2004, 07:13 AM
I guess we wanted it more than Greece. :roflmao:

inFINSible
08-18-2004, 07:17 AM
So you actuelly think that Puerto Rico is better than the US team or as good
You don't??

I don't think you understand the concept of team basketball. It's not about who has the better athletes and it's not about which team can get more dunks. It's about putting the bal lin the hole and keeping the other team from doing the same. It's about ball movement and open looks. It's about picks and jumpers. It's about ALL 5 players on the floor.

YES, I think Puerto Rico has a better TEAM than the US....Didn't they just prove that?

t2thejz
08-18-2004, 07:20 AM
Wow try to use some logic. Damn! I guerentee that Greece wanted it more than us but Im sure the US didnt want to lose 2 in a row and be even more embarassed than they already are. Like Ive been saying the US is better than any other team out there and they can beat anyone when they put enough effort out there and the US will pretty much beat most teams with their half assed effort.

t2thejz
08-18-2004, 07:25 AM
You don't??

I don't think you understand the concept of team basketball. It's not about who has the better athletes and it's not about which team can get more dunks. It's about putting the bal lin the hole and keeping the other team from doing the same. It's about ball movement and open looks. It's about picks and jumpers. It's about ALL 5 players on the floor.

YES, I think Puerto Rico has a better TEAM than the US....Didn't they just prove that?
Yes its about execution but to exacute you have to put forth some effort out there. These bums on the US team are too worried about getting hurt for the NBA season than getting a gold. The US could beat that team 10 times in a row if they gave it 100 percent.

t2thejz
08-18-2004, 07:27 AM
There have been 100s of times that a team has beat a better team than theirs in sports history, and most of the time is has something to do with effort, or luck

Bodzilla29
08-18-2004, 10:35 AM

You call getting blown out by 19 to a non medal contender and then beating an average Greek side by 6 getting back to dominating ways?

Wow, I'd love to live in your reality for even 5 minutes!

t2thejz
08-18-2004, 10:51 AM
You call getting blown out by 19 to a non medal contender and then beating an average Greek side by 6 getting back to dominating ways?

Wow, I'd love to live in your reality for even 5 minutes!
He was being sarcastic

inFINSible
08-18-2004, 05:26 PM
VERY sarcastic.

Too bad this aint a streetball tournament, then maybe the US would have a chance.

Bodzilla29
08-19-2004, 02:21 PM
Damn, must have had the sarcasm detector turned off! My bad, I apologize!!!

I am always pissed when people do not detect my sarcasm, so I know how you must feel after my post! Agaun, my bad!

inFINSible
08-27-2004, 04:45 PM
Ahem.......crash and burn (http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer04/basketball/news/story?id=1869300)
Manu Ginobili scored 29 points to lead his nation to another victory over the country that used to dominate the sport, an 89-81 win in the Olympic semifinals Friday night.

For the first time since 1988, the gold medal will not go to the Americans. And for the first time since pro players were added for the original Dream Team in 1992, the United States will not be the Olympic champion.

inFINSible
08-27-2004, 06:58 PM
AHEM!!! t2? Nothing to say?

jville_fin
08-28-2004, 01:25 AM
I watch most of the US-Argentina game and the US team couldn't defend the three point line even if they were right next to the shooter. Man it was terrible. I was surprised they didnt lose by more cause of all those open shots Argentina took. Ginobili was on fire in the game and the US was just a bunch of one on one guys not tryin to play the team game it takes to win. They deserved to lose this one.

SMadison29
08-28-2004, 03:50 AM
There are certain types of players that you can't include on this type of team. Marbury & Marion are a couple of them because they are not winners. They're good individual players that are stars but they can't carry a team & aren't really team players. Stoudamire, Boozer, & Okafor are four other players I don't think should be on this team because of their inexperience & lack of "team" play.

A team that would dominate the best of the world:
PG-Jason Kidd
2G-Kobe Bryant
SF-Kevin Garnett
PF-Tim Duncan
C-Shaquille O'Neal

Bench
PG-Lebron James
2G-Allen Iverson
PF/C-Ben Wallace
PF/C-Jermaine O'Neal
Shooting Specialists-Ray Allen, Michael Redd, & Allen Houston

Pink_Dove
08-28-2004, 04:04 AM
I mostly agree with your lineup SMadison29...
Even though T-Mac definately would be in my starting lineup
(Duncan hasn't impressed me AT ALL playing with international rules and teamates he isn't used to)

PG: Kidd
SG:Kobe
SF:T-Mac
PF:Garnett
C: Shaq

Also Marbury was one of the best players in both elimination games i saw...

t2thejz
08-28-2004, 08:41 AM
AHEM!!! t2? Nothing to say?
No it doesnt suprise me they got beat. Our players dont know how to play with each other, but there still is no way the world has caught up to us basketball wise.
It wasnt our best players
Even though it is a team sport, our players are individuely better and if they played together as long as the rest of the worlds players had they would dominate
Say what you want but those are the facts

TerryTate
08-28-2004, 09:16 AM
t2thejz thats what ive been saying the WHOLE time when ppl say that the world has caught up to us....it HASNT!

USA best players vs. other countries's best players...no contest....USA would maul anybody...

iceblizzard69
08-28-2004, 09:27 AM
There are certain types of players that you can't include on this type of team. Marbury & Marion are a couple of them because they are not winners. They're good individual players that are stars but they can't carry a team & aren't really team players. Stoudamire, Boozer, & Okafor are four other players I don't think should be on this team because of their inexperience & lack of "team" play.

A team that would dominate the best of the world:
PG-Jason Kidd
2G-Kobe Bryant
SF-Kevin Garnett
PF-Tim Duncan
C-Shaquille O'Neal

Bench
PG-Lebron James
2G-Allen Iverson
PF/C-Ben Wallace
PF/C-Jermaine O'Neal
Shooting Specialists-Ray Allen, Michael Redd, & Allen Houston

That would be an excellent starting lineup and that team would win gold. I think the team could be better off without a player like Iverson though. I don't think he would make a good backup.

t2thejz
08-28-2004, 10:36 AM
That would be an excellent starting lineup and that team would win gold. I think the team could be better off without a player like Iverson though. I don't think he would make a good backup.
Agreed

Prime Time
08-28-2004, 03:03 PM
The world hasn't caught up to us??? :roflmao:! Are you watching the Lithuania game right now??? Lithuania is hitting 3 after 3, on pace to break the record for most 3s in a game. Yeah but you are right. Shaq would stop the 3s from going in. :rolleyes:

inFINSible
08-29-2004, 10:17 AM
No it doesnt suprise me they got beat. Our players dont know how to play with each other, but there still is no way the world has caught up to us basketball wise.
It wasnt our best players
Even though it is a team sport, our players are individuely better and if they played together as long as the rest of the worlds players had they would dominate
Say what you want but those are the facts

They never seemed to have any problems overcoming these obstacles before...

The ONLY FACT is that the USA got their tails whupped for the first time since they allowed dream teamers....Don't keep making yourself look stupid by saying that the rest of the world hasn't caught up....It's asinine not to recognize that.

CirclingWagons
08-29-2004, 10:27 AM
good, glad they got their asses handed to them...that's what you deserve when AI is a captain and all the team can do is cross-overs and dunks.

t2thejz
08-29-2004, 10:38 AM
They never seemed to have any problems overcoming these obstacles before...

The ONLY FACT is that the USA got their tails whupped for the first time since they allowed dream teamers....Don't keep making yourself look stupid by saying that the rest of the world hasn't caught up....It's asinine not to recognize that.
Ask any expert and they would say the world hasnt caught up to us. Making my self look stupid. :rolleyes: All you can say is that 3 teams beat us. You dont use any logic. Try thinking outside the box.
The facts are for the 15th time.
1) We didnt have our best players.
2) These players dont play together as often as the other international teams
3) Our players arnt very experienced in international play
4) Our players dont care half as much for thr gold as the rest of the world. They care more about not getting hurt for the upcoming NBA season

Many people here have stated they think the Pistons could of won the gold because they can play team ball. You guys think the Pistons and NBA team can win gold yet the world has caught up to us?

t2thejz
08-29-2004, 10:40 AM
The world hasn't caught up to us??? :roflmao:! Are you watching the Lithuania game right now??? Lithuania is hitting 3 after 3, on pace to break the record for most 3s in a game. Yeah but you are right. Shaq would stop the 3s from going in. :rolleyes:
PT you have no credibility in the subject of b-ball. You have proven it over and over. Kobe would stop some of the 3s from going in. My ? for you is who the hell would stop shaq down low?

inFINSible
08-29-2004, 02:20 PM
Ask any expert and they would say the world hasnt caught up to us. Making my self look stupid. :rolleyes: All you can say is that 3 teams beat us. You dont use any logic. Try thinking outside the box.
4) Our players dont care half as much for thr gold as the rest of the world. They care more about not getting hurt for the upcoming NBA season

Many people here have stated they think the Pistons could of won the gold because they can play team ball. You guys think the Pistons and NBA team can win gold yet the world has caught up to us?

The results speak for themselves everything else is just an excuse.

t2thejz
08-29-2004, 03:31 PM
Excuse or not they are the facts and if you think that they dont make a differfence then you are blind

Prime Time
08-29-2004, 04:15 PM

:roflmao: Excuses.

1-We didn't have our best players? Excuses. IF we are as good as we say we are, we should have won gold with these guys.
2-So what? IF they are soooo talented why didn't they win?
3-Oh? Our talent is SO superior then everyone else's and we couldn't overcome?
4-They don't care? Then why were they so pumped when they were hitting crucial shots in yesterday's game.
5-Ask any expert??? :roflmao: The experts that said LA would win it all in 4-5 games. :rofl: Please, experts are just like you and me except they get payed to express their opinions.

Prime Time
08-29-2004, 04:17 PM
PT you have no credibility in the subject of b-ball. You have proven it over and over. Kobe would stop some of the 3s from going in. My ? for you is who the hell would stop shaq down low?

I have proven it over and over? I picked Pistons to win it all and I predicted US to get Bronze and I have no credibility in Basketball? :rofl: Check yourself, because I haven't seen you predict anything correct as of late.

Prime Time
08-29-2004, 04:26 PM

:up:

t2thejz
08-29-2004, 04:28 PM
:roflmao: Excuses.

1-We didn't have our best players? Excuses. IF we are as good as we say we are, we should have won gold with these guys.
2-So what? IF they are soooo talented why didn't they win?
3-Oh? Our talent is SO superior then everyone else's and we couldn't overcome?
4-They don't care? Then why were they so pumped when they were hitting crucial shots in yesterday's game.
5-Ask any expert??? :roflmao: The experts that said LA would win it all in 4-5 games. :rofl: Please, experts are just like you and me except they get payed to express their opinions.

I dont care if they are excuses they are the facts
They were so pumped because they were just embarassed byArgentina. If you couldnt see that they didnt care on their faces in most of the games then you didnt watchin most of the games. Like I said our best players wernt playing. Individeuly(SP?) are players this year were better we just didnt play team ball but if we had our BEST players we wouldnt of had to play team ball. Right now you are just ranting like a fool. Lets see some facts

t2thejz
08-29-2004, 04:29 PM
I have proven it over and over? I picked Pistons to win it all and I predicted US to get Bronze and I have no credibility in Basketball? :rofl: Check yourself, because I haven't seen you predict anything correct as of late.
PT :roflmao: you picked half of the NBA to win it all

Kamikaze
08-29-2004, 05:29 PM
t2: How are you so sure that what you're spewing is truth and fact? Just because you say it is doesn't make it so. Prove that the USA is still the best in basketball.

Personally, I don't think you or anyone can prove it one way or the other. It's a bunch of what ifs. What if we fielded the cream of the NBA crop? What if we put this team together months before the Olympics, instead of weeks? The only here is that we won't know. Even if we fielded our best team, we still don't know if they would have won. After all, that is why they play the games. Surely, you wouldn't award the Patriots the Lambardi Trophy before the regular season begins, no matter how stacked their team looks.

I read an article on ESPN that the same thing happened to Canada in hockey a few decades back. They played a brash and brute style of hockey, and then the Europeans started catching up by playing a finesse and quick style of hockey, focusing on the fundamentals. The Europeans then overtook the Canadians in hockey. I'm sure that article is still out there, but what we're going through with basketball right now sounds very similar to what the Canadians went through with hockey.

Prime Time
08-30-2004, 07:31 PM
I dont care if they are excuses they are the facts
They were so pumped because they were just embarassed byArgentina. If you couldnt see that they didnt care on their faces in most of the games then you didnt watchin most of the games. Like I said our best players wernt playing. Individeuly(SP?) are players this year were better we just didnt play team ball but if we had our BEST players we wouldnt of had to play team ball. Right now you are just ranting like a fool. Lets see some facts

I am not ranting as I just joined the arguement. You are the one who is "ranting like a fool". They were pumped because they were winning after they were embarassed...but didn't you just say they didn't care about the tourney so therefore they wouldn't care about getting embarassed. Wait...now I am confused...:confused: :rolleyes:. So what If our best players weren't there, If we are SOOOO good like we say we are, we should have WON. There are no excuses. Facts or not, NO EXCUSES when it comes down to the Olympics, and all you are doing is making olympics.

BTW...do you think a team of Garnett, T-Mac, Kobe and Shaq plus more would be a "team". They are all USE to be the stars on the team. Stop making excuses.

Prime Time
08-30-2004, 07:33 PM
PT :roflmao: you picked half of the NBA to win it all

Um no. :shakeno:

CirclingWagons
08-30-2004, 09:01 PM
Um no. :shakeno:
umm yes

Prime Time
08-30-2004, 11:25 PM
umm yes

Umm No :tongue: