PDA

View Full Version : John Kerry: "Unfit for Command."

Section126
08-04-2004, 10:21 AM
The New book will charge the following:

Two of John Kerry's three Purple Heart decorations resulted from self-inflicted wounds, not suffered under enemy fire.

All three of Kerry's Purple Hearts were for minor injuries, not requiring a single hour of hospitalization.

A "fanny wound" was the highlight of Kerry's much touted "no man left behind" Bronze Star.

Kerry turned the tragic death of a father and small child in a Vietnamese fishing boat into an act of "heroism" by filing a false report on the incident.

Kerry entered an abandoned Vietnamese village and slaughtered the domestic animals owned by the civilians and burned down their homes with his Zippo lighter.

Kerry's reckless behavior convinced his colleagues that he had to go -- becoming the only Swift Boat veteran to serve only four months.

baracuda
08-04-2004, 11:40 AM
I wasn't voting for him before, I am not voting for him today, and I won't be voting for him in November. He was, still is, and always will be a scumbag politician with a "me first" agenda.

Clumpy
08-04-2004, 11:42 AM
I wasn't voting for him before, I am not voting for him today, and I won't be voting for him in November. He was, still is, and always will be a scumbag politician with a "me first" agenda.

Yes, the describes George

baracuda
08-04-2004, 11:53 AM
Only if you are an unintelligent, morally relative, appeasement minded French citizen who can't form a complete sentence. :rolleyes: :shakeno:

ohall
08-04-2004, 03:22 PM

Yeah goodness knows Bush only went into Iraq for personal reasons. I mean it's not it was likely Saddam would have sold or given away his WMD to the terrorist so they could attack this country. Nah, it's all about being so selfish!

Oliver...

Meatwad
08-04-2004, 03:37 PM
All politicians are scumbags w/ "me first" agendas. even your god Bush. Bush rigging the Florida election, thats pretty selfish, wouldn't you say?

PhinPhan1227
08-04-2004, 03:49 PM
All politicians are scumbags w/ "me first" agendas. even your god Bush. Bush rigging the Florida election, thats pretty selfish, wouldn't you say?

Asserting that Bush rigged the Florida elections, that's pretty moronic wouldn't you say?

Meatwad
08-04-2004, 03:51 PM
Asserting that Bush rigged the Florida elections, that's pretty moronic wouldn't you say?
Only in the eyes of someone who defends everything Bush does.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article5278.htm

ohall
08-04-2004, 04:01 PM

Gore didn't win one recount and anyone who thinks Bush #43 rigged anything is living in their own lil world.

Oliver...

PhinPhan1227
08-04-2004, 04:05 PM

The DNC and NAACP have tried everything to get that assertiontaken seriously...every court has told them what to do with themselves. How about the 7k votes that Bush didn't get because a network called Florida for Gore before the polls were closed?

baracuda
08-04-2004, 04:08 PM

You're an uneducated clown.

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/florida.ballots/stories/main.html

Marino1983
08-04-2004, 04:15 PM

So You will be voting for Kerry then ?

:D

Marino1983

Section126
08-04-2004, 04:16 PM

Why do you feel the need to insult uneducated clowns? :roflmao:

Marino1983
08-04-2004, 04:21 PM
Only if you are an unintelligent, morally relative, appeasement minded French citizen who can't form a complete sentence. :rolleyes: :shakeno:

I just LOVE how YOU right wingNUTS think that YOUR political views are so intelligent and American GOSPEL !!!!

Could be why there are MORE registered Democrats than Rush Skumball (Limbaugh) LOVERS in this country ....

Marino1983

Meatwad
08-04-2004, 04:24 PM
The DNC and NAACP have tried everything to get that assertiontaken seriously...every court has told them what to do with themselves. How about the 7k votes that Bush didn't get because a network called Florida for Gore before the polls were closed?
DId he lose exactly 7k votes? Where did you hear this information? what about people who were going to vote for gore but didn't because they called florida for gore early? You didn't watch the movie did you? Did you see the part on Kathleen Harris and her quest to bar all ex-cons from voting? Did you see the part on Jeb bush and his request to have all ex-cons who have moved to florida and have already got thier voting rights back get HIS approval before they could vote? Out of all this **** that happened in Florida, you guys are going to sit there and tell me, that in no way did Bush's brother have anything to do w/ it? You guys don't even give it a thought, you just throw the argument in the trash as if it isn't even a possibility.

Meatwad
08-04-2004, 04:25 PM

Thanks for the insult. I'm surprised that someone as highly educated as you could resort to low-life attacks. Watch the video in my link before you say anything.

Marino1983
08-04-2004, 04:30 PM
DId he lose exactly 7k votes? Where did you hear this information? what about people who were going to vote for gore but didn't because they called florida for gore early? You didn't watch the movie did you? Did you see the part on Kathleen Harris and her quest to bar all ex-cons from voting? Did you see the part on Jeb bush and his request to have all ex-cons who have moved to florida and have already got thier voting rights back get HIS approval before they could vote? Out of all this **** that happened in Florida, you guys are going to sit there and tell me, that in no way did Bush's brother have anything to do w/ it? You guys don't even give it a thought, you just throw the argument in the trash as if it isn't even a possibility.

Hey Mw,, you can't argue with PP !!

He knows EVERYthing about EVERYthing,,, just ask him ....

Marino1983

PhinPhan1227
08-04-2004, 04:47 PM

The 7k figure comes from a Democrat. The Florida Panhandle is as strongly Pro-Bush as Broward/Palm Beach was Pro-Gore. The 7k was a net figure brought about by exit poll data .And again, it came from a Democrat. As for HArris and JEb, Ex-cons SHOULD be barred from voting. That's the law in Florida and a few other states and it's a GOOD law. If you commit a felony, you lose the right to vote, plain and simple. Why does it surprise me that you are basing your argument on Moores movie? MAybe we should discuss the Kennedy assasination based on Oliver Stone? Only difference is that Stone used better actors.

Meatwad
08-04-2004, 05:09 PM
The 7k figure comes from a Democrat. The Florida Panhandle is as strongly Pro-Bush as Broward/Palm Beach was Pro-Gore. The 7k was a net figure brought about by exit poll data .And again, it came from a Democrat. As for HArris and JEb, Ex-cons SHOULD be barred from voting. That's the law in Florida and a few other states and it's a GOOD law. If you commit a felony, you lose the right to vote, plain and simple. Why does it surprise me that you are basing your argument on Moores movie? MAybe we should discuss the Kennedy assasination based on Oliver Stone? Only difference is that Stone used better actors.
Haven't seen Moore's movie. Was this a clip from it ??? That Florida law was written post-civil war. It's not a good law. everyone in this country should be able to vote. What if you went to jail when you were 18 for a stupid little thing? Then you shouldn't be able to vote for the rest of your life? What about the one's who had already received their voting rights back? Shouldn't they be allowed to vote no matter where they are? Just like a drivers license is valid anywhere in the country. What about the nationwide search Florida did? They even cut off peoples voting rights because their name was George Jetson and there was a George Jetson convicted on the other side of the country. Not the same person, yet they didn't get to vote. How many Gore votes do you think Gore lost when that station awarded Gore to Florida?

PhinPhan1227
08-04-2004, 06:31 PM
Haven't seen Moore's movie. Was this a clip from it ??? That Florida law was written post-civil war. It's not a good law. everyone in this country should be able to vote. What if you went to jail when you were 18 for a stupid little thing? Then you shouldn't be able to vote for the rest of your life? What about the one's who had already received their voting rights back? Shouldn't they be allowed to vote no matter where they are? Just like a drivers license is valid anywhere in the country. What about the nationwide search Florida did? They even cut off peoples voting rights because their name was George Jetson and there was a George Jetson convicted on the other side of the country. Not the same person, yet they didn't get to vote. How many Gore votes do you think Gore lost when that station awarded Gore to Florida?

Ok...reading skills are lacking here. Once AGAIN, the report stated that Bush lost 7k NET votes. That means that the votes he would have gotten total, MINUS the votes for Gore, would have given him about 7k votes. See, you learn something every day. Now you know what "net" means. Ok, now as to the law. Drivers licenses are NOT valid across the country. If you are 15 and get a license where that is the legal age, you can NOT drive in states where 16 is the legal age. And why should everyone be allowed to vote? If you CHOOSE to commit a felony, you pay the price. Loss of voting rights is one of those prices. Crimes don't just go away with time. Rape someone when you are 18? Guess what, when you are 65, that person is still RAPED! Ask them if they care that 47 years have gone by. Now, getting the names wrong was a mistake, which has hopefully been fixed. But the last time I checked, there weren't 7k names on that list that were wrong, AND likely voters.

PhinPhan1227
08-04-2004, 06:32 PM
Hey Mw,, you can't argue with PP !!

He knows EVERYthing about EVERYthing,,, just ask him ....

Marino1983

Only God knows everything about everything...I just know more than you... :D

Meatwad
08-04-2004, 08:27 PM
Ok...reading skills are lacking here. Once AGAIN, the report stated that Bush lost 7k NET votes. That means that the votes he would have gotten total, MINUS the votes for Gore, would have given him about 7k votes. See, you learn something every day. Now you know what "net" means. Ok, now as to the law. Drivers licenses are NOT valid across the country. If you are 15 and get a license where that is the legal age, you can NOT drive in states where 16 is the legal age. And why should everyone be allowed to vote? If you CHOOSE to commit a felony, you pay the price. Loss of voting rights is one of those prices. Crimes don't just go away with time. Rape someone when you are 18? Guess what, when you are 65, that person is still RAPED! Ask them if they care that 47 years have gone by. Now, getting the names wrong was a mistake, which has hopefully been fixed. But the last time I checked, there weren't 7k names on that list that were wrong, AND likely voters.
It's funny that Florida officials can follow the law as long as it benefits them. They accepted absentee votes from soldiers out of the country that were postmarked after the deadline. That w/ the 3000 ex-cons who had their rights restored but were'nt allowed to vote. Even if what you say is true, that there were 7000 NET votes for GW that were not counted, it is still easy to see that there was tampering involved that went in GW's favor. we'll see what happens in Florida this year. My guess is Kerry wins it.

65 year olds that raped someone at 18 are still US citizens. ex-cons should have their rights restored after their probation. not all ex-cons are rapists. Some get marijuana charges or other drug charges, and other petty crimes. And about the drivers license. If you have a valid drivers license, it is legal and valid in ANY state.

PhinPhan1227
08-04-2004, 08:46 PM
It's funny that Florida officials can follow the law as long as it benefits them. They accepted absentee votes from soldiers out of the country that were postmarked after the deadline. That w/ the 3000 ex-cons who had their rights restored but were'nt allowed to vote. Even if what you say is true, that there were 7000 NET votes for GW that were not counted, it is still easy to see that there was tampering involved that went in GW's favor. we'll see what happens in Florida this year. My guess is Kerry wins it.

65 year olds that raped someone at 18 are still US citizens. ex-cons should have their rights restored after their probation. not all ex-cons are rapists. Some get marijuana charges or other drug charges, and other petty crimes. And about the drivers license. If you have a valid drivers license, it is legal and valid in ANY state.

Really? That's only because all states currently have a 16 year minimum. But there are several states with plans to raise the driving age to 18. If those laws pass, 16 year old drivers won't be able to drive in that state. One other thing...it's an inane comparison. A driver has done nothing wrong. A felon, by definition HAS. It's called personal responsibility. You don't want to pay the price, don't do the crime. Simple and painless. BTW, I'm in favor of the decriminalization of drug use, but I still see no problem with preventing felons from voting. They have obviously already demonstrated HORRIBLE judgement, so why should I WANT those individuals to help determine the future of the country? BTW, just because you are a citizen doesn't mean that you can't forfeit your rights. Lastly...pardon them for giving soldiers the benefit of the doubt over convicted felons...what a$$holes they must be!!

Meatwad
08-04-2004, 08:59 PM
Really? That's only because all states currently have a 16 year minimum. But there are several states with plans to raise the driving age to 18. If those laws pass, 16 year old drivers won't be able to drive in that state. One other thing...it's an inane comparison. A driver has done nothing wrong. A felon, by definition HAS. It's called personal responsibility. You don't want to pay the price, don't do the crime. Simple and painless. BTW, I'm in favor of the decriminalization of drug use, but I still see no problem with preventing felons from voting. They have obviously already demonstrated HORRIBLE judgement, so why should I WANT those individuals to help determine the future of the country? BTW, just because you are a citizen doesn't mean that you can't forfeit your rights. Lastly...pardon them for giving soldiers the benefit of the doubt over convicted felons...what a$$holes they must be!!

I guarantee you they wouldn't have allowed those votes in if they thought they were going to be mostly for Gore. those convicted felons had already gotten their rights back! If they are allowed to vote in most of the states, why should they not be able to vote in Florida? Because of an outdated law that was made up in 1865? Most of those individuals have matured by the time they get their rights back, and aren't the same person. Most rapists and murderers are either in prison for life or are under probation forever, The majority of the ex-cons that get their rights back were probably in jail for drugs. How many states have the "one jail term and you're done" and how many give them their rights back after probation or an amount of time?

ABrownLamp
08-04-2004, 09:38 PM
There are less serious crimes than rape which serve as a felony. For instance possession of more than 12 grams of marijuana is a felony. I know for sure that I as well as almost everyone I knew in college was guilty of this crime. I understand the whole 'do the crime, do the time' philosophy, but some punishments are excessive. Taking away the right to vote...over pot? hmmmm...does that sound reasonable to you?

Marino1983
08-04-2004, 10:07 PM

:roflmao: :roflmao:

So YOU do have a sense of humor along with being conceited.....

Two things for you to be proud of,,, the first one is most definitely needed when aligning YOURself to YOUR political party... And the other is a trait that is the foundation of the right-wingers..

Congrats PP ......

:rolleyes2

Marino1983

CirclingWagons
08-04-2004, 10:25 PM
than does he know that people made him up? :confused: :D

PhinPhan1227
08-04-2004, 11:06 PM
than does he know that people made him up? :confused: :D

If God is a myth, than no harm done in believing in him. If he is real however....Besides, mathematically it's more likely that there is a superior being than that the universe was exactly balanced to allow life to develop. Just ask any quantum physicist...;)

PhinPhan1227
08-04-2004, 11:10 PM

I guarantee you they wouldn't have allowed those votes in if they thought they were going to be mostly for Gore. those convicted felons had already gotten their rights back! If they are allowed to vote in most of the states, why should they not be able to vote in Florida? Because of an outdated law that was made up in 1865? Most of those individuals have matured by the time they get their rights back, and aren't the same person. Most rapists and murderers are either in prison for life or are under probation forever, The majority of the ex-cons that get their rights back were probably in jail for drugs. How many states have the "one jail term and you're done" and how many give them their rights back after probation or an amount of time?

The law was created by Democrats. And states have the right to determine these things. Again, I'm for the decriminalization of drug use. Until then though, it's called personal responsability. Felons shouldn't own guns, and shouldn't vote. QED.

PhinPhan1227
08-04-2004, 11:13 PM
There are less serious crimes than rape which serve as a felony. For instance possession of more than 12 grams of marijuana is a felony. I know for sure that I as well as almost everyone I knew in college was guilty of this crime. I understand the whole 'do the crime, do the time' philosophy, but some punishments are excessive. Taking away the right to vote...over pot? hmmmm...does that sound reasonable to you?

Pot being illegal doesn't seem reasonable to me(although I've never seen the appeal). But if it's that iomportant to you, than you should be prepared to deal with the consequences. I think it's also excessive that some counties won't allow you to own certain types of dogs. If I want that kind of dog I'll live somewhere else. If a felon wants to vote, move to Georgia.

CirclingWagons
08-04-2004, 11:51 PM
If God is a myth, than no harm done in believing in him. If he is real however....Besides, mathematically it's more likely that there is a superior being than that the universe was exactly balanced to allow life to develop. Just ask any quantum physicist...;)
true. I am agnostic I guess. I kinda believe there is a superior being(s), because it's an easy answer. I tend to believe in what I can see though...kinda helps the credibility along.
:cool:

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 11:11 AM
true. I am agnostic I guess. I kinda believe there is a superior being(s), because it's an easy answer. I tend to believe in what I can see though...kinda helps the credibility along.
:cool:

I'm what you would call a liberal agnostic Christian. I believe the basic tenets of the Bible, but not when they conflict with my conscience. I also don't think that Christianity is the exclusive route to "heaven".

Phinzone
08-05-2004, 11:21 AM

He just quoted Michael Moore. The gloves are off! Start quoting Limbaugh!

DolFan31
08-05-2004, 03:56 PM
Pot being illegal doesn't seem reasonable to me(although I've never seen the appeal). But if it's that iomportant to you, than you should be prepared to deal with the consequences. I think it's also excessive that some counties won't allow you to own certain types of dogs. If I want that kind of dog I'll live somewhere else. If a felon wants to vote, move to Georgia.

What if your Rastafarian? Is there any loopholes for religious use of pot?

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 04:14 PM
What if your Rastafarian? Is there any loopholes for religious use of pot?

Nope...Supreme Court already ruled that religious freedoms don't include the right to break the law. If pot is THAT important to you, move to California where they have pretty much decriminalized it's use. If it's REALLY imortant to you move to Jamaica. Life is all about choices.

DolFan31
08-05-2004, 04:41 PM
Nope...Supreme Court already ruled that religious freedoms don't include the right to break the law. If pot is THAT important to you, move to California where they have pretty much decriminalized it's use. If it's REALLY imortant to you move to Jamaica. Life is all about choices.

It was just FMI. If you want TRUE freedom for pot, go to Holland. :infins: :redeye:

Seriously, people like me feel that this country was founded to give people freedom to do whatever they want as long as they dont harm anyone else. Its why people are still allowed to drink, smoke, and eat unhealthy foods. Why shouldnt someone smoke pot if they wanted to? Because of driving and operating machinery? Because a doctor could be high while operating on you/ These arguments are nonsense, because #1. Anyone can do it whether its legal or not, so making it legal wouldnt make a difference. #2. Most people are responsible enough not to take any substances before driving/operating machinery/performing surgery. Its not about importance, its about rights.

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 04:51 PM
It was just FMI. If you want TRUE freedom for pot, go to Holland. :infins: :redeye:

Seriously, people like me feel that this country was founded to give people freedom to do whatever they want as long as they dont harm anyone else. Its why people are still allowed to drink, smoke, and eat unhealthy foods. Why shouldnt someone smoke pot if they wanted to? Because of driving and operating machinery? Because a doctor could be high while operating on you/ These arguments are nonsense, because #1. Anyone can do it whether its legal or not, so making it legal wouldnt make a difference. #2. Most people are responsible enough not to take any substances before driving/operating machinery/performing surgery. Its not about importance, its about rights.

Preaching to the choir man. I'm in favor of pot being legalized. I'm also in favor of the decriminalization of other drugs. But so long as the law IS the law, disobeying the law carries consequences.

DolFan31
08-05-2004, 04:53 PM
Preaching to the choir man. I'm in favor of pot being legalized. I'm also in favor of the decriminalization of other drugs. But so long as the law IS the law, disobeying the law carries consequences.

Some laws should not exist, therefore the consequences suck.

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 04:59 PM
Some laws should not exist, therefore the consequences suck.

Again...you're preaching to the chior. But freedom is about choices...you make a choice, you live with the consequences.

DolFan31
08-05-2004, 05:02 PM
Again...you're preaching to the chior. But freedom is about choices...you make a choice, you live with the consequences.

I know you agree, Im just discussing.

The only consequences should be is possible health effects. The government has no business telling people what to do with their bodies.

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 05:16 PM
I know you agree, Im just discussing.

The only consequences should be is possible health effects. The government has no business telling people what to do with their bodies.

I agree. But the government also has no business running programsm which are better left to the private sector. I have the same problem with the left AND right on that score.

iceblizzard69
08-05-2004, 05:39 PM

Marijuana is illegal in Jamaica. It's not in Holland though and even though it's illegal in Canada the police there can generally care less if anyone does it or not. :bong:

I'm pretty sure that Rastafarians can legally smoke weed in national parks. I may be wrong though.

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 05:43 PM
Marijuana is illegal in Jamaica. It's not in Holland though and even though it's illegal in Canada the police there can generally care less if anyone does it or not. :bong:

I'm pretty sure that Rastafarians can legally smoke weed in national parks. I may be wrong though.

HUH? Where did you get that thing about national parks? Pot is illegal on the Federal level, so a Park would be no protection.

DolFan31
08-05-2004, 05:45 PM

Its not legal anywhere(decriminlization is not the same as legal), it depends on the enforcement(whether or not the country's police turn a "blind eye" to it or not). Its illegal internationally, so its illegal everywhere.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_law.shtml
For more info.

ABrownLamp
08-05-2004, 05:47 PM

Pot is illegal in Amsterdam too. Nobody cares though.

iceblizzard69
08-05-2004, 05:50 PM
HUH? Where did you get that thing about national parks? Pot is illegal on the Federal level, so a Park would be no protection.

It's something I heard a while ago. Since smoking weed is part of their religion, rastafaris can smoke weed but only in national parks. I may be wrong, its just something I heard a while ago.

ABrownLamp
08-05-2004, 05:53 PM
If he's real...then I hope we don't have a God that is so egotistical that he would send me to hell (not that I beleive there is one) for not beleiving in him.

Good citizen, no beleif = hell
raped and murdered 5 kids, found Jesus in prison = heaven.

Seriously, does that make sense to you? Does that sound like the justand good God you know?

My thing is...just because things are complicated and we havn't figured them out yet, doesn't mean God did it. Too many religions on Earth to say your God is the right one. Tell that to al Quesda. I'm pretty sure they think they're right too.

DolFan31
08-05-2004, 06:03 PM
If he's real...then I hope we don't have a God that is so egotistical that he would send me to hell (not that I beleive there is one) for not beleiving in him.

Seriously, does that make sense to you? Does that sound like the justand good God you know?

My thing is...just because things are complicated and we havn't figured them out yet, doesn't mean God did it. Too many religions on Earth to say your God is the right one. Tell that to al Quesda. I'm pretty sure they think they're right too.

Thats the messed up part about religion. Someone's right and the rest are wrong(that includes athiests). So I choose to be agnostic, a nuetral religious position.

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 06:05 PM

For the most part I agree with you. I also don't think that God would send someone to hell(whatever hell really is) just for not seeing that he exists. I also don't believe that any one message is correct. Different students respond to different teachers. As for the rest, what does figuring things out have to do with it? We understand the complexities of the universe. It's the FACT of the complexity that makes God even more likely. Again, look up Quantum physics and the balances that are in place to make life possible. Constants like gravity and the binding force of atomic nuclei( I think there are 11 key constants). Shift those constants just a MINUTE fraction either way and life is no longer possible. Heck, a stable galaxy is no longer possible. Now, the odds of those constants AL being EXACTLY what they are and where they need to be are something like 1 in a number with an insane amount of zero's...billions of zero's if I recall. So which is less likely, a superior being(we know evolution takes place, and that inferior beings exist, so why is it unlikely that a superior being exists?) putting everything on motion, or an insanely unlikely "coincidence"?

DolFan31
08-05-2004, 06:10 PM
For the most part I agree with you. I also don't think that God would send someone to hell(whatever hell really is) just for not seeing that he exists. I also don't believe that any one message is correct. Different students respond to different teachers. As for the rest, what does figuring things out have to do with it? We understand the complexities of the universe. It's the FACT of the complexity that makes God even more likely. Again, look up Quantum physics and the balances that are in place to make life possible. Constants like gravity and the binding force of atomic nuclei( I think there are 11 key constants). Shift those constants just a MINUTE fraction either way and life is no longer possible. Heck, a stable galaxy is no longer possible. Now, the odds of those constants AL being EXACTLY what they are and where they need to be are something like 1 in a number with an insane amount of zero's...billions of zero's if I recall. So which is less likely, a superior being(we know evolution takes place, and that inferior beings exist, so why is it unlikely that a superior being exists?) putting everything on motion, or an insanely unlikely "coincidence"?

Id say there's a GOOD chance of God's existence(or many gods!). However, there's always a possibility that there's something we just dont know of or thought of yet.

ABrownLamp
08-05-2004, 06:11 PM
Thats the messed up part about religion. Someone's right and the rest are wrong(that includes athiests). So I choose to be agnostic, a nuetral religious position.
Or no religion is right. You forgot about that.

I believe in science. If there is a God I feel as though he is a force. As in whatever created the big bang is a force. I certainly don't buy into the idea that God has these human characteristics that the Bible and the Torah claim he does. God is happy, God is mad, God is spiteful...it just seems so ridiculous to me...You have to admit that there is some stuff in these books that's just like...do you really want me to beleive that? Noah's arc. Did you know there are over 800,000 species of insects. He collected all of those. Eve came out of Adam's rib? Come on dude. I mean really. On the 7th day God rested...God rested? Really. God needed a nap? Are you kidding me? This doesn't seem like the omnipotent God I learned about. I could go on

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 06:18 PM
Or no religion is right. You forgot about that.

I believe in science. If there is a God I feel as though he is a force. As in whatever created the big bang is a force. I certainly don't buy into the idea that God has these human characteristics that the Bible and the Torah claim he does. God is happy, God is mad, God is spiteful...it just seems so ridiculous to me...You have to admit that there is some stuff in these books that's just like...do you really want me to beleive that? Noah's arc. Did you know there are over 800,000 species of insects. He collected all of those. Eve came out of Adam's rib? Come on dude. I mean really. On the 7th day God rested...God rested? Really. God needed a nap? Are you kidding me? This doesn't seem like the omnipotent God I learned about. I could go on

Bear in mind...especially in the old testament...that we are talking about stories which were handed down for centuries before being written down. Also, the stories are trying to humanize an entity which is honestly, beyond human comprehension. Does a squirrel REALLY understand a person? BTW, Noah is a story that probably originated in Babylon. They had a story about Gilgamesh(their big hero) who dealt with a flood and saved the animals to repopulate the world. Probably arose from the floods of the Tigris/Euphrates which literally covered the ground from horizon to horizon at times. To people in that region the world WAS flooded. Try reading the Old Testament as an alleghory. The messages are important, not the details.

DolFan31
08-05-2004, 06:24 PM
Bear in mind...especially in the old testament...that we are talking about stories which were handed down for centuries before being written down. Also, the stories are trying to humanize an entity which is honestly, beyond human comprehension. Does a squirrel REALLY understand a person? BTW, Noah is a story that probably originated in Babylon. They had a story about Gilgamesh(their big hero) who dealt with a flood and saved the animals to repopulate the world. Probably arose from the floods of the Tigris/Euphrates which literally covered the ground from horizon to horizon at times. To people in that region the world WAS flooded. Try reading the Old Testament as an alleghory. The messages are important, not the details.

Thats exactly what they are to me, just stories. As believeable as Superman, the Little Red Ridding Hood...blah..

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 06:51 PM
Thats exactly what they are to me, just stories. As believeable as Superman, the Little Red Ridding Hood...blah..

Just because they are stories doesn't mean they don't have meaning or a message. It also doesn't mean that they aren't factually based. The Illiad was a wonderful myth until they found out that the basic events DID occur.