PDA

View Full Version : So who wants to choke an ESPN Cameraman? (USA vs. Germany bball)

TerryTate
08-04-2004, 04:14 PM
So the United States gets a 3 point lead and Germany gets the ball with about 10 seconds left....Dirk Nowitzki hits a typing three with three seconds left...so the camera pans over to the crowd which has erupted....a timeout wasnt called....Allan Iverson heaves a shot about two steps from the half-court line....BUCKET! USA WINS! And I have to see it from a SH!TTY angle :fire: :yell: !!! Thanks ESPN :yell: Thats gotta be the only time ive ever seen anyone mess up on a buzzer beater :yell: :yell: :mad:

LIQUID24
08-04-2004, 04:21 PM
I'm so with you dude. ESPN really screwed up there. That was embarrasing camerawork. I was screaming at the TV...

Prime Time
08-04-2004, 05:03 PM
I think USA is in trouble. Having to beat Germany with a buzzer beater when they are suppose to be light years ahead of the World in B-Ball worries me.

ChambersWI
08-04-2004, 09:48 PM
I don't think we're in trouble. True european basketball has gotten alot better (Italy and Spain being prime examples), and the fact that Germany had Nowitski who was the only guy on the court that could hit the 3 consistently doesn't help.

You also got to look at the fact that in the past the "Dream Team has had A)Futer HoFers B)Constant All-Stars C)Star players this team has a grand total of 3 players to be named to an all star game. Plus they've only been practicing for about 2 weeks when the rest of the world is basically together winning international championships each year.

iceblizzard69
08-04-2004, 10:04 PM
I think USA is in trouble. Having to beat Germany with a buzzer beater when they are suppose to be light years ahead of the World in B-Ball worries me.

I also think the USA is in trouble. What happened against Italy was embarassing. The truth is that these European teams simply have better fundamentals and they shoot the ball better than us. The US team has a lot of good players but we are lacking chemistry and a really good 3 point shooter. However, I do think the USA will get things together and win gold.

We should not have had to hit a 3 at the end to beat Germany. They have one player (Dirk Nowitzki) who could play for the USA and that's it. Dirk is someone the USA could really use right now. :( However, we should easily beat teams like Germany and Italy.

Prime Time
08-05-2004, 12:48 AM
WOW! Ice you agreed with me on something! :eek:

TerryTate
08-07-2004, 02:36 PM
From the Sentinel:

Mystery shot

That was a great shot by Allen Iverson to win the U.S.-Germany basketball game Wednesday. Did you see it?

Not if you watched the ESPN telecast. It showed crowd shots as Iverson's heave went through the basket.

But don't blame ESPN, which was at the mercy of world feed from a German broadcaster and not responsible for missing the shot.

Fortunately, a camera positioned beneath the basket captured the shot for replays and the TV highlights shows.

Prime Time
08-07-2004, 02:38 PM
When's US's next match?

nyjunc
08-08-2004, 07:59 AM
In the nxt game we crushed Serbia-Montenegro who is considered one of the faves for Gold along w/ us:

http://sports.yahoo.com/oly/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpcnQzN2d2BF9TAzk2NjczMTUwBHNlYwN0bQ--?slug=ap-us-serbia-montenegrobko&prov=ap&type=lgns

Prime Time
08-08-2004, 11:00 AM
You should put a link and not the entire article. :)