PDA

View Full Version : Dick Cheney visited my town today.....

Karl_12
08-05-2004, 12:35 AM
Well it was actually in Lacrosse Wisconsin, but I live close by. I didn't go and would never go, but I saw in the news report it was the same old speech. The economy is getting better, and how we shouldn't change Presidents in this time of uncertainty. Every time I see him he seems like the kind if guy that thinks he is better than everyone else. I see him and all I can see is pure evil. Just wanted to share my story.

Section126
08-05-2004, 11:21 AM
Well it was actually in Lacrosse Wisconsin, but I live close by. I didn't go and would never go, but I saw in the news report it was the same old speech. The economy is getting better, and how we shouldn't change Presidents in this time of uncertainty. Every time I see him he seems like the kind if guy that thinks he is better than everyone else. I see him and all I can see is pure evil. Just wanted to share my story.

If you see the VP and all you see is pure evil...then you are NUTS....PERIOD.

BTW....when you here a candidate give the same speech over and over again...it's called a stump speech.......

They all do it.

DolFan31
08-05-2004, 03:54 PM
Cheney not evil? He always snarls. He swears in public facilities. He's influenced our President into going to War in Iraq for oil profits for his old company with which he still has shares in. You are blind if you dont see the connections for this unjust war.

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 04:15 PM
Cheney not evil? He always snarls. He swears in public facilities. He's influenced our President into going to War in Iraq for oil profits for his old company with which he still has shares in. You are blind if you dont see the connections for this unjust war.

Um...ok on everything but oil profits in Iraq. Neither logic nor the facts allow the invasion of Iraq to be about oil profits. Haven't enough people shot enough holes in that argument for you to quit repeating it?

DolFan31
08-05-2004, 04:36 PM
Um...ok on everything but oil profits in Iraq. Neither logic nor the facts allow the invasion of Iraq to be about oil profits. Haven't enough people shot enough holes in that argument for you to quit repeating it?

Its been all denial, no facts to defend themselves with. Just denial and counterattacks.

Karl_12
08-05-2004, 04:45 PM
Ok, then why did Haliburton get a no bid contract?

DolFan31
08-05-2004, 04:48 PM

Bush supporter: Halliburton always get no-bid contracts. Blah bla hblah blah.. :shakeno:

Karl_12
08-05-2004, 04:53 PM
If you see the VP and all you see is pure evil...then you are NUTS....PERIOD.

BTW....when you here a candidate give the same speech over and over again...it's called a stump speech.......

They all do it.
So tell me how is Richard Cheney just one big loveable sweet heart. I would love to hear it.

I knew it was a stump speech.

Section126
08-05-2004, 04:53 PM

Cheney does not have any more shares...he sold them off in 2000.

Section126
08-05-2004, 04:54 PM
So tell me how is Richard Cheney just one big loveable sweet heart. I would love to hear it.

I knew it was a stump speech.

Dick Cheney is not loveable...he is a tough operator......you need a guy like that in any administration.

DolFan31
08-05-2004, 04:55 PM

Right.. :rolleyes:

Section126
08-05-2004, 04:55 PM

Which ones? The ones they got from the Clinton Admin in the 90's or this last one? Please specify.

Karl_12
08-05-2004, 04:57 PM
But he still got his old buddies a great deal and tons of money.

Section126
08-05-2004, 04:57 PM
Right.. :rolleyes:

No......right......he was told to divest himself in 2000 when he was running for VP......He did.....it is not possible to hold shares in a publically traded company and keep it secret........

You keep getting OWNED.......it's just too easy now.....

Section126
08-05-2004, 04:58 PM
But he still got his old buddies a great deal and tons of money.

What a nice guy....I wish I was his buddy!!!

Just think of how stupid that statement is.

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 04:58 PM

The same reason they have gotten no bid contracts from Democrat administrations. They are the best suited company for certain things. And when the bid process takes 12 months or more, but you have to get someone on the ground ASAP, you go with the guys who have the experience and the capacity. Tell me this..what company was in a position to step in instead of Halliburton?

Karl_12
08-05-2004, 05:20 PM
What a nice guy....I wish I was his buddy!!!

Just think of how stupid that statement is.
So instead of debating the statement you attack it, you should get your own show on FOX News.

Karl_12
08-05-2004, 05:23 PM
The same reason they have gotten no bid contracts from Democrat administrations. They are the best suited company for certain things. And when the bid process takes 12 months or more, but you have to get someone on the ground ASAP, you go with the guys who have the experience and the capacity. Tell me this..what company was in a position to step in instead of Halliburton?
This is a democracy not a dictatorship. All companies should have the right to compete for a job, instead the automatically give to the company who's former President is now the Vice President of the United States.

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 05:38 PM
This is a democracy not a dictatorship. All companies should have the right to compete for a job, instead the automatically give to the company who's former President is now the Vice President of the United States.

Democracy doesn't extend to business. During war no bid contracts are the NORM not the EXCEPTION!! I guess you think it would have been a better idea for the IRaqi's to sit around with no food, water, or electricity for a YEAR while the bidding process was carried out? A freaking NAZI wouldn't do THAT!! And if you think Kerry is any different than kindly explain how his cousin won the rights to rebuild in Vietnam after Kerry won normalization for thatt country?

DolFan31
08-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Democracy doesn't extend to business. During war no bid contracts are the NORM not the EXCEPTION!! I guess you think it would have been a better idea for the IRaqi's to sit around with no food, water, or electricity for a YEAR while the bidding process was carried out? A freaking NAZI wouldn't do THAT!! And if you think Kerry is any different than kindly explain how his cousin won the rights to rebuild in Vietnam after Kerry won normalization for thatt country?

Democracy doesnt, but Democratic-Capitalism sure does!

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 06:23 PM
Democracy doesnt, but Democratic-Capitalism sure does!

Way to avoid the question

DolFan31
08-05-2004, 06:27 PM
Way to avoid the question

The question isnt what I was interested in answering, just wanted to respond to your first sentence.

ABrownLamp
08-05-2004, 06:41 PM
No......right......he was told to divest himself in 2000 when he was running for VP......He did.....it is not possible to hold shares in a publically traded company and keep it secret........

You keep getting OWNED.......it's just too easy now.....
Dick Cheney gets $150,000 dollars per year from Haliburton following his separation from them.

ABrownLamp
08-05-2004, 06:47 PM
There is all kinds of bidding going on for reconstruction of Iraq. I don't know the construction industry that well, so don't ask me who else...but I am sure that there are other companies out there which could offer the same services as Haliburton. Please don't tell me that there is no connection between the VP of the free world being its former head and them getting a no bid contract.

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 06:57 PM
There is all kinds of bidding going on for reconstruction of Iraq. I don't know the construction industry that well, so don't ask me who else...but I am sure that there are other companies out there which could offer the same services as Haliburton. Please don't tell me that there is no connection between the VP of the free world being its former head and them getting a no bid contract.

At that point in the conflict...there was nobody but Halliburton. One year later they DID bid, once they had TIME.

ohall
08-05-2004, 10:52 PM

That is not uncommon to happen during times of war. Clinton did the same thing with Haliburton when he was bombing Kosovo and Iraq.

Oliver...

MDFINFAN
08-05-2004, 11:13 PM
Which ones? The ones they got from the Clinton Admin in the 90's or this last one? Please specify.

Which one did they get from the clinton admin without a bid...

ohall
08-05-2004, 11:29 PM

I suggest you go do a lil homework. Haliburton is 2nd to none in the services they provide to world governments when they wage war and the rebuilding and supplying of those efforts.

Bush #43's administration is not the 1st nor will it be the last to give a non-bid contract to a company during times of war.

Oliver...

Section126
08-06-2004, 09:38 AM

They got 3 actually....ALL NO BID.

Kuwait 1994
Saudi Arabia 1996
Monte Negro 1998

ohall
08-06-2004, 05:21 PM
They got 3 actually....ALL NO BID.

Kuwait 1994
Saudi Arabia 1996
Monte Negro 1998

Shhhhh it's a secret!

Oliver...