PDA

View Full Version : Do you like to talk smack?

TerryTate
08-05-2004, 07:23 AM
We at Finheaven and Co. have had a massive amount of people sign up as of late to talk on our forums, and for that we are very grateful. However a lot of our "freshmen" posters love to talk smack and do so on this section of the forum, the one about Miami Dolphins talk. This isn't permitted here. The new people will want to smack back when they see opposing fans talking on our board, it seems natural not to mention understandable. If you notice by their post count some are established individuals with respectful opinions regardless of team allegiance. While their reasoning for hanging on a Dolphins board is another story ;), we'd like for everyone to be respectful of them, at least in the main forum of Finheaven and Co. Anyways, we have an entire section totally dedicated for smack, and that's located in The Depths of the Sea (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/forumdisplay.php?f=18).

New posters, check out and post on The Depths (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/forumdisplay.php?f=18), and please, behave yourself. :D

Thanks,

TerryTate
Finheaven and Co.

BALLS DEEP
08-05-2004, 08:39 AM
Man those guys can kiss my.......just kidding :lol:

New England Fin
08-05-2004, 09:07 AM
Is it considered "smack" when fans of other teams mock the Dolphins and Dolphin fans in this forum?

TerryTate
08-05-2004, 09:09 AM
yes, but in most cases ive seen, its been new fin fans talking smack....the opposing fans will be dealt with in equal manner if they violate our TOS, trust me :)

Scrap
08-05-2004, 09:21 AM
I see a lot of people attacking Bills, and Patriots fans for no apparent reason.

Sometimes opposing fans are just giving us their honest opinion on a certain aspect of our team. A lot of the time they seem to have a less biased opinion than our own fans do.

FlyingElvis
08-05-2004, 09:40 AM
I see a lot of people attacking Bills, and Patriots fans for no apparent reason.

Sometimes opposing fans are just giving us their honest opinion on a certain aspect of our team. A lot of the time they seem to have a less biased opinion than our own fans do.Well said. I have only been attacked once on this board and that was when a Dolphins fan misunderstood a sarcastic post I made. But thats mostly because I don't talk smack, but I will call out a poster who is letting his bias cloud his vision. And I expect the same in return.

Anyway, all is good on this board because there is a lot of good football talk. You just have to fight through the "Dolphins should sign <insert latest player cut>!" posts. ;)

Phinz4Life
08-05-2004, 12:23 PM
Well said. I have only been attacked once on this board and that was when a Dolphins fan misunderstood a sarcastic post I made.
I remember I misunderstood someones post and didn't realize it was sarcastic - maybe it was you. Maybe I was that person that "smacked" you up wordwise. I don't remember, I know it was someone, but I do remember apologizing when I learned of the sarcasm.

And, yeah, there's been like a giant immigration of new posters, its crazy.

beam
08-05-2004, 02:16 PM
I have only been here a short time and enjoy the talk on here. Trust me if there were no opposing team fans on this site it would be boring. You would have nothing but a bunch of bias opinion and everyone saying the same thing.

LIQUID24
08-05-2004, 02:18 PM
I have only been here a short time and enjoy the talk on here. Trust me if there were no opposing team fans on this site it would be boring. You would have nothing but a bunch of bias opinion and everyone saying the same thing.
That's not necessarily true, we disagree on almost everything. Examples:

Feeley/Fiedler

Wanny sucks/Wanny's a good coach.

beam
08-05-2004, 02:37 PM
That's not necessarily true, we disagree on almost everything. Examples:

Feeley/Fiedler

Wanny sucks/Wanny's a good coach.
Yes of course you get some, but 90% is the same. I am not saying it's a bad thing. If you are a true fan you will always be optimistic about the season. That is what the fans of the rivals brings in. They are as equally optimistic about there team and it brings in some good healthy discussion.

When I say this I don't mean some crappy troll who's only comment is "the dolphins suck". With no explanation. Those people should not be allowed on because they have no knoledge of football to bring to a discussion.

Dredd1050
08-05-2004, 02:38 PM
As a rule, I only talk smack when I feel that the team I like has a shot to win it all.

I haven't talked smack in a few years. :shakeno:

08-05-2004, 03:36 PM
I thought there was an exception and that it was OK to talk smack to CW and Clumpy. ;)

dolphindan1970
08-06-2004, 12:16 AM
I was joking the other night with Clumpy as well, but I clearly made it understood from the beginning that I was completely joking and kidding around. I told him I hoped we could convert him to a Dolphin fan, LOL But again, I was just playing around and let him know from the beginning. I DONT BELEIVE IN TALKING SMACK EITHER !!! Playing around and goofing off jokingly and having a good time is different, I dont care whose fans they are, to me, that person is a human being and cares about their team just as much as i do my Dolphins, so theirs no use in that. My thoughts anyways, all. Again, I hope if any of you ever see me cutting up you know its only a friendly cut-up and I will always say so. Dan