PDA

View Full Version : For a "war hero"....

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 11:18 AM
...Kerry gives a half assed salute. Even the Navy has higher standards than THAT!http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2004/08/101646-1.jpg

BigFinFan
08-05-2004, 01:22 PM
I am ashamed to admit that Kerry was in the Navy! He is a disgrace to the uniform that I wear!

caneproud117
08-05-2004, 01:42 PM
I am ashamed to admit that Kerry was in the Navy! He is a disgrace to the uniform that I wear!

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
President Bush's New Limo, Ground Force 1.

DolFan31
08-05-2004, 03:49 PM
Who freakin' cares! You guys are picking the DUMBEST things to bash Kerry with. If I had posted this about Bush, your heads would blow off. Stick to the issues, not the stupid everyday mistakes. Even I dont blow up when Bush mispronounces something or whatever. And they say the left is full of anger.

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 04:16 PM
Who freakin' cares! You guys are picking the DUMBEST things to bash Kerry with. If I had posted this about Bush, your heads would blow off. Stick to the issues, not the stupid everyday mistakes. Even I dont blow up when Bush mispronounces something or whatever. And they say the left is full of anger.

Hey saluting is a big deal in the military. It's a sign of respect. Kerry shot off a crappy salute. If Bush did the same thing I'd post on it as well.

DolFan31
08-05-2004, 04:34 PM
Hey saluting is a big deal in the military. It's a sign of respect. Kerry shot off a crappy salute. If Bush did the same thing I'd post on it as well.

Sure you would. I got some swamp land in Kansas Id like to sell to you too.

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 05:06 PM

It just so happens that I watched the Convention and saw KErry give this half assed salute. This is the only picture I can find of Bush saluting and it's a crisp, proper salute.

Sure you would. I got some swamp land in Kansas Id like to sell to you too.

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 05:08 PM

Here's another one. Even with his dog jumped up into his lap, the salute is still crisp and sharp.

DolFan31
08-05-2004, 05:12 PM
Guess what? The general public could give a rats *** about KErry not saluting "proper". You guys are in REAL trouble if this is a the crap you want to use against Kerry.

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 05:13 PM
Guess what? The general public could give a rats *** about KErry not saluting "proper". You guys are in REAL trouble if this is a the crap you want to use against Kerry.

I don't care what they think...as a former soldier I think it was a crappy salute.

caneproud117
08-05-2004, 05:15 PM
I happen to think Bush's salute is way too fast, he throws his arm up there and never holds it for more than a full second. How's that for DISGRACE?

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 05:20 PM
I happen to think Bush's salute is way too fast, he throws his arm up there and never holds it for more than a full second. How's that for DISGRACE?

Again...as an ex-soldier I appreciate a quick salute. Because until he lowers his hand, nobody else can lower theirs. Try standing in the sun all day and then have an officer that wants to hold a salute as long as possible. It's a pain in the a$$. He DID hold a salute for a long time at least once though...

"President George W. and Laura Bush's Hospital Salute to a Soldier Injured in the Terrorist Crash into the Pentagon-Truth!

Summary of eRumor:
The account of a visit by President and Mrs. Bush to the Washington Burn Center shortly after the terrorist attack of a hijacked jetliner at the Pentagon. According to the story, Mrs. Bush visited in the room of Lt. Col. Brian Birdwell, who was badly burned in the Pentagon crash. She greeted Birdwell and his wife warmly then said there was someone else who wanted to see him. In walked the president. After asking how he was doing, the President saluted Birdwell and held the salute until Birdwell very slowly and painfully returned it.

The Truth:
Reporter Donna McGuire of the Kansas City star has interviewed the Birdwells and wrote an extensive article about it. It was published on December 9, 2001.

According to the article, Birdwell was so badly injured and in so much pain that he looked forward to surgeries because he knew he would be unconscious.

After spending a few moments in Birdwell's room, President Bush turned and initiated a salute to Birdwell. Normally, a salute to the president is initiated by a junior officer and is held until the president drops his salute.

McGuire wrote, "Stopping at the foot of Birdwell's bed, the president snapped to attention and saluted...Birdwell
struggled to lift his severely burned arm and hand to his forehead, and he didn't have the strength to hold it long."
The president's arm stayed still.

"He held his salute," recalled Birdwell, "out of respect

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/b/bushsalute.htm

BigFinFan
08-05-2004, 05:22 PM

Do you know anything about saluting?

caneproud117
08-05-2004, 05:27 PM
Do you know anything about saluting?

Saluting is held out of respect for those that he's saluting. If he's not holding his salutes what's that saying to those he salutes? He's an equation for you length of time saluting = more respect given. You don't believe that to be true?

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 05:32 PM
Saluting is held out of respect for those that he's saluting. If he's not holding his salutes what's that saying to those he salutes? He's an equation for you length of time saluting = more respect given. You don't believe that to be true?

No, I don't believe that's true because it's NOT true. A superior being saluted isn't suppossed to hold the salute at ALL. Again, the President holding the salute means that everyone ELSE has to hold THEIR salute UNTIL he drop HIS. The respect of the salute is in the "snap" and the "crispness". The only time the length of the salute might mean anything is when a subordinate holds a salute past the time when the superior walks past. You're allowed to lower your salute as soon as the superior lowers his, but if you want to show additional respect you CAN hold it longer. But again, that ONLY holds for subordinates.

Karl_12
08-05-2004, 05:42 PM
Oh my dear lord! He didn't salute properly! Well that dose it I am voting Bush because he didn’t give a proper salute because that shows he can't run the country. :rolleyes2

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 05:46 PM
Oh my dear lord! He didn't salute properly! Well that dose it I am voting Bush because he didn’t give a proper salute because that shows he can't run the country. :rolleyes2

And how many hours have been spent by the LEft pointing out every time Bush says "Nucular"?

DolFan31
08-05-2004, 05:49 PM
And how many hours have been spent by the LEft pointing out every time Bush says "Nucular"?

Thats different, because you want a President thats educated(or at least SOUNDS educated).

I dont think Bush is stupid, I just think he sees the world in a black-and-white view(instead of seeing it as it is, with complexities all over).

ABrownLamp
08-05-2004, 05:54 PM
Exactly. You would think he knows better by now.

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 05:55 PM
Thats different, because you want a President thats educated(or at least SOUNDS educated).

I dont think Bush is stupid, I just think he sees the world in a black-and-white view(instead of seeing it as it is, with complexities all over).

I agree with you 100%. That's probably my biggest complaint about Bush as a President. But Kerry is the other end of the spectrum. He has NO blacks or whites. EVERYTHING is gray to him. And that's GREAT for a Senator. Compromise your little heart out!! But for a PResident, you need someone who WILL take a stand. LESS than Bush does sure, but in a leader TOO rigid is better than not rigid enough. Kerry won't be another Clinton...he'll be another Carter. Except Carter actually had some moral issues he was certain about...Kerry doesn't have anything...

BigFinFan
08-10-2004, 01:43 PM
Exactly. You would think he knows better by now.

I would think that after serving in Vietnam and continuously alluding to the the fact that he is a "War Hero", he would know how to properly salute.

I guess that he threw away his book on Military Customs and Courtesies when he tossed his medals and ribbons over the White House Fence.