PDA

View Full Version : Champions of Europe

Bodzilla29
08-05-2004, 02:36 PM
Who will win the Euro leagues?

England: Arsenal(if Vieira stays, hard to type since I despise them!!!)
Spain: Barcelona
Italy: AC Milan
Germany: Bayern Munich
France: PSG
Portugal: Porto
Netherlands: Ajax
Scotland: Celtic
Turkey: Fenerbache
Latvia: Skonto Riga :)

Will get into detail later, just want to see how people react.

iceblizzard69
08-05-2004, 02:55 PM
England: Blackburn :cool: ....ok, maybe not. I think Chelski will win it. They performed well last year and I think they made some very good additions. Also, I think Mourinho is a very good manager (although I didn't think Ranieri was bad either). They are going to be under a lot of pressure from Abramovich but I think they will win a close battle against Man United to win the league. I think Arsenal will finish third.
Faroe Islands: B36
Spain: Barcelona
Holland: Ajax
Italy: Juventus
Portugal: Porto even though they lost a bunch of their key players
Slovenia: Maribor
Ukraine: Dynamo Kiev
Poland: Wisla Krakow
Kazakhstan: Yassy

Prime Time
08-05-2004, 06:10 PM
England: Man. U
Spain: Real Madrid :woot:
Italy: Juventus (So much talent)
Portugal: Porto
Netherlands: Ajax
Turkey: Fenerbache

Mebeverine
08-05-2004, 06:44 PM
England: Chelsea. It's our year. Followed by Liverpool. Arsenal 3rd, Man Utd 4th. Liverpool will be top after 10 games though.
Germany: Bayern, followed by Werder Bremen
France: Lyon, PSG, Monaco
Spain: Valencia, Real, Barcelona
Italy: Ac Milan, Inter, Juve
Champs League: Real Madrid beat Inter in the Final.

Bodzilla29
12-09-2004, 02:22 PM
Still very close, obviously as we aren't even at Xmas yet. I wonder if anybody would change thei opinions now? :lol:

Mebeverine
12-10-2004, 07:33 AM
I dont pay any attention to France or Germany so wouldn't have a clue.

In England I'm surprised Liverpool took so long to adapt but if they hadn't had so many injuries I think they would be pushing 2nd.

Can't believe how bad Valencia are or how well Barce have played with such an attacking team.

I still see Inter getting 3rd place, but it's tough to see Juve not winning the league.

I think Barce or Madrid will beat Inter or Juve in the final of the Champs League.

Pink_Dove
12-11-2004, 03:33 PM
:eek: PSG ?
They've been ridiculously bad this season, and stand in 14th place. They just blew up last week against CSKA Moscow. All they needed was a win at the Parc against a poor side and they couldn't do it. They have been the biggest disappointment in France bar none.
L'Olympique Lyonnais ou Monaco are the 2 best teams in France right now.
L'OM is the darkhorse, with Troussier replacing Anigo as head coach (they responded well last week)

As for the Calcio, Juve is the favourite but I wouldn't discount Inter. They are a well coached team who haven't got a lot of coverage (even in Milano this summer all I heard was Sheva and Kaka, how they were going to win it all again. Maybe normal considering their super season but I just thought their was a lack of respect for Inter)
The other favourite is AC but I just don't fancy their backline against a young team like Inter (Martins, Adriano)

I don't follow closely the other leagues so I'll withhold judgment.