PDA

View Full Version : McCain Condemns Anti-Kerry Ad

Karl_12
08-05-2004, 05:35 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040805/ap_on_el_pr/kerry_mccain_5

PhinPhan1227
08-05-2004, 05:42 PM
It's funny how Kerry's campaign says these guys don't know anything about KErry, but they were quick to use these guys in that picture. Yuo'll notice that most of the men in the ad are aslo the men in that picture that KErry used during his campaign. I guess they were great guys until they opened their mouths.

ohall
08-05-2004, 10:56 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040805/ap_on_el_pr/kerry_mccain_5

This is one of the reasons why when REP's bring up McCain as a positive I just ignore it. McCain is a wild-card and is liable to say anything, and is only out for himself. Kerry is a close friend of his, and that's why he condems it.

I wish McCain knew his place. These men have every right to do what they are doing. They were there with Kerry, they know best what took place. Further I've yet to see any of these 2nd tier groups that help out the REP's call Kerry a Nazi like the DEM's ones have many many times.

Oliver...

DolFan31
08-06-2004, 12:50 AM
John McCain today called the right wing attack ads on Kerry's war record "dishonest and dishonorable" and urged Bush to condemn it, which Bush would not do. "It was the same kind of deal that was pulled on me," McCain said.

But I don't think McCain has any room to call anyone dishonest and dishonorable. When you think about it - McCain is going to be giving a speech at the Republican convention and he's going to endorse Bush for president, a man who he considers dishonest and dishonorable. It seems to me pretty dishonest and dishonorable to get in front of America and lie to the People and endorse a man you clearly know stands against everything you believe in.

PhinPhan1227
08-06-2004, 01:35 AM
John McCain today called the right wing attack ads on Kerry's war record "dishonest and dishonorable" and urged Bush to condemn it, which Bush would not do. "It was the same kind of deal that was pulled on me," McCain said.

But I don't think McCain has any room to call anyone dishonest and dishonorable. When you think about it - McCain is going to be giving a speech at the Republican convention and he's going to endorse Bush for president, a man who he considers dishonest and dishonorable. It seems to me pretty dishonest and dishonorable to get in front of America and lie to the People and endorse a man you clearly know stands against everything you believe in.

Um...in what language did you read that McCain considers Bush "dishonest and dishonorable"?

DolFan31
08-06-2004, 01:37 AM
Um...in what language did you read that McCain considers Bush "dishonest and dishonorable"?

Paraphrasing some things he's said in the past...but do you think McCain is a political turncoat whore?

PhinPhan1227
08-06-2004, 01:46 AM
Paraphrasing some things he's said in the past...but do you think McCain is a political turncoat whore?

I haven't made a decision on McCain yet. I need to reserch him more before I can make a declaration on him one way or the other. Right now he's an enigma to me. He's done some things I REALLY like. He's also done some things that really bug me. The fact that he has pissed the GOP off is a big plus in my book though. I like any politician who pisses off his own party.

DolFan31
08-06-2004, 01:57 AM
I haven't made a decision on McCain yet. I need to reserch him more before I can make a declaration on him one way or the other. Right now he's an enigma to me. He's done some things I REALLY like. He's also done some things that really bug me. The fact that he has pissed the GOP off is a big plus in my book though. I like any politician who pisses off his own party.

I agree totally, but sometimes it does seem like he does just to benefit himself. One week I hear him on the radio bashing Bush, the next he's supporting Bush's campaign. I dont get this guy sometimes.

PhinPhan1227
08-06-2004, 02:00 AM
I agree totally, but sometimes it does seem like he does just to benefit himself. One week I hear him on the radio bashing Bush, the next he's supporting Bush's campaign. I dont get this guy sometimes.

Honestly? I could go on the radio and bash Bush and on the same show endorse him for President. I could do a 3 hour radio show on all the things I don't like about Bush...but at the end of the day I'd still rather have him than John Kerry. Maybe McCain is in the same boat.

DolFan31
08-06-2004, 02:03 AM
Honestly? I could go on the radio and bash Bush and on the same show endorse him for President. I could do a 3 hour radio show on all the things I don't like about Bush...but at the end of the day I'd still rather have him than John Kerry. Maybe McCain is in the same boat.

But they he way he talks about him, some of the things he says, makes you think he would actually support Kerry(though he never says it). I dont know, sometimes I think McCain is a rare politician that crosses party lines when his party is wrong. Other times I think he just does it for his own gain. So far, he looks like the flip-flopper of the Republican Party.

ohall
08-06-2004, 02:03 AM

The Bush campaign has officially condemned the add. McCain was not talking about the President he was talking about the 2nd tier sources who are funding these adds. You keep showing your ignorance.

McCain is still a wild card, and he does more damage to his party than most DEM's do.

Oliver...

PhinPhan1227
08-06-2004, 03:59 AM
The Bush campaign has officially condemned the add. McCain was not talking about the President he was talking about the 2nd tier sources who are funding these adds. You keep showing your ignorance.

McCain is still a wild card, and he does more damage to his party than most DEM's do.

Oliver...

You have McCain and the PResident flipped around.

Section126
08-06-2004, 09:42 AM
McCain bashed the whole "527" groups that do these ads......

As for the content of the ad....I see nobody de-bunking the ads.....

As far as I am concerned...It's true.....

The book is already #1 on amazon....New York Times best seller has it as a must watch....which means it will open in the top 5.

ohall
08-06-2004, 05:20 PM
You have McCain and the PResident flipped around.

No I don't.

Oliver...