PDA

View Full Version : Payton, Fox traded to Celtics, Lakers get Mihm, Banks and Atkins

LIQUID24
08-06-2004, 04:20 PM
I'm not sure what to think of this trade. Mihm gives us size, and Atkins and Banks are servicable PGs, I guess. I haven't seen them much.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1853576)

Prime Time
08-06-2004, 06:27 PM
You lost more talent IMO. Both of the players you gave away are talented and IMO should not have been dealt.

TerryTate
08-06-2004, 07:52 PM
no way, the Glove is old and Rick Fox is a role player that is useless without shaq....

great trade for Los Angeles....

Prime Time
08-06-2004, 08:53 PM
Although I agree Payton is old and didn't fit their system well, Fox was quality depth on their bench. I think he will put up some nice numbers in Boston. Also, now this is clear, clearer more then ever (which has been as clear as crystal), this is Kobe's team. But I don't think he can do it alone. Lets see how he performs without a big man like Shaq.

AggieFin21
08-11-2004, 02:28 PM
Although I agree Payton is old and didn't fit their system well, Fox was quality depth on their bench. I think he will put up some nice numbers in Boston. Also, now this is clear, clearer more then ever (which has been as clear as crystal), this is Kobe's team. But I don't think he can do it alone. Lets see how he performs without a big man like Shaq. You call Fox a quality bench man? Please, his perm cost more than he's worth to the Lakers! The only thing the Lakers got out of that trade was Marcus Banks. Atkins is a mediocre role-player at best though he'll probably get the start in L.A. and Mihm is just 6 fouls w/legs.

Boston on the othe hand gets an aging Payton who could quite possibly return to 20ppg and 7-8 apg. Payton also brings a veteran presence to the Celts and can help the young guys mature. By no means am I a Payton fan, I actually severely dislike the little bugger, but the Lakers got the short end of the stick on this one. GP forced his hand on this one, but it's not like Kobe minds...now he'll take even more shots...

Samphin
08-12-2004, 04:12 PM
You lost more talent IMO. Both of the players you gave away are talented and IMO should not have been dealt.

Considering that Fox is leaning more toawards reitrement rather than playing and that Payton was unhappy and overpaid, I think it is a boon to get rid of both of them. Mihm gives us another big guy, which, even though we have Divac, Grant and Medvedenko, along with him, still feels like we need more(cough Malone cough). Atkins will most likely start in the back court with Kobe and Banks, from what I hear from Boston fans, is that he is talented and needs time to develop. They seemed upset about locing him. Plus, makes us even younger and faster with fresh, young legs off the bench.

I think the trade is a wash with slight leaning towards L.A.