PDA

View Full Version : Former Marlin Brad Penny probably done for season

TerryTate
08-08-2004, 06:18 PM
Wow the Marlins got even luckier on this deal....

"The Dodgers saw their dream season flash before their eyes in the first inning Sunday when newly acquired ace Brad Penny strained his right biceps and ran off the mound in obvious pain.

Penny allowed a one-out homer to Chase Utley, retired Bobby Abreu on a fly to right, then threw a fastball away to Jim Thome and winced on his follow-through, moving his glove hand toward the anterior side of his shoulder.

After a meeting on the mound with manager Jim Tracy and assistant trainer Matt Wilson, Penny attempted a practice pitch and literally ran off the mound in pain, stopping near the third-base line, then was ushered off the field and into the trainer's room for evaluation. "

Meanwhile the fish got shut out today by the Brewers 2-0 :fire:

Prime Time
08-08-2004, 08:16 PM
:(. Penny is a good player and I was sad to see him go. It is unfortunate he got hurt but that shows that we got more on the deal.

Lights_Out
08-08-2004, 08:21 PM
marlins got lucky there but they were not going to resign anyways

Deez Nutz
08-09-2004, 09:33 PM
ESPN is reporting that Penny is likely to miss 1 start.

Samphin
08-12-2004, 04:06 PM
Penny will miss his start against the Cubs, which stinks because that means, as a Dodger fan, I have to endure Kaz Ishii one more time.

Prime Time
08-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Damn. Penny could have gotten a win and helped us out. Marlins won today, but they need to start winning more consistantly or it is over. BTW, I think Conine will retire after the season. It looks to me like he doesn't like playing anymore.

Deez Nutz
08-13-2004, 10:20 AM
Damn. Penny could have gotten a win and helped us out. Marlins won today, but they need to start winning more consistantly or it is over. BTW, I think Conine will retire after the season. It looks to me like he doesn't like playing anymore. That would piss me off. They were talking about getting rid of him earlier, and then got rid of Choi.

AJBurnett34
08-13-2004, 11:12 PM
thats good it was just a minor injurey. He looked very hurtful after that happened.