PDA

View Full Version : Security threat for Helicopters

Bling
08-08-2004, 10:34 PM
Drudge on radio is reporting that Pakistan has given the US proof that Al-Qaeda planned on hijacking tourist helicopters in New York. I'll get you the link when Drudge posts it.

DolFan31
08-08-2004, 11:03 PM
Drudge on radio is reporting that Pakistan has given the US proof that Al-Qaeda planned on hijacking tourist helicopters in New York. I'll get you the link when Drudge posts it.

Im just commenting on your sig..

Keyes, IMO, is a joke. He's the REP's version of Al Sharpton.

Also, Keyes once called Hillary Clinton a carpetbagger for running for Senate in New York and he is now doing the same thing.

Amazingly how these Republicans flip flop when it works to their favor.

The Keyes candidacy raises questions about the race factor. Keyes is strongly against affirmative action(I am too because I think its reverse discrimination) and any race based preferences. So it makes you wonder why he doesn't have a problem with the GOP picking him because he's black.

Anyhow - I'm predicting that an African American will win this senate seat ;) (And by African American I'm talking about someone who actually comes from Africa).

iceblizzard69
08-09-2004, 12:10 AM

Also, Keyes once called Hillary Clinton a carpetbagger for running for Senate in New York and he is now doing the same thing.

The Keyes candidacy raises questions about the race factor. Keyes is strongly against affirmative action(I am too because I think its reverse discrimination) and any race based preferences. So it makes you wonder why he doesn't have a problem with the GOP picking him because he's black.

Anyhow - I'm predicting that an African American will win this senate seat ;) (And by African American I'm talking about someone who actually comes from Africa).

I'm pretty sure Obama's father, not Obama himself, is from Africa. Anyway, Obama will win the Senate seat. Illinois is pretty Democratic and Obama has a lot of money and momentum so I don't see him losing. I think he was heavily favored against the first candidate before he dropped out so I doubt much will change with this new guy coming in.

As for the whole changing states thing, I live in New York so one of my senators didn't live here until she ran for senate. I value what a candidate believes more than where a candidate is from so I didn't think it was a big deal. I would not have voted for Hillary but not because she isn't a New Yorker. If someone gets voted in, then that candidate was chosen by the citizens of that state to represent that state in the senate and if the people of that state want that person as senator, then it shouldn't matter if the person is from that state or not. I do think that a senator should be forced to live in that state (and right now that is the rule and I doubt that will ever change) but it shouldn't matter how long that person has lived in the state. If someone is a state resident, it is fine if they run for senate. However, I do think Keyes is a hypocrite because he is doing something that he criticized someone else for doing a few years ago.

Section126
08-09-2004, 10:17 AM

You see that is the problem with you 31.......what I highlighted is what is a good point of debate...and I can agree with....But why do you say that Keyes got picked because he's black? Keyes got picked because he is a good debater.....and would wipe the floor with Obama in the debates....hopefully driving down Obama's turnout (Obama will win anyway, BTW)...Thus giving GWB a "fighting" chance at being competetive in Illinois.

DolFan31
08-09-2004, 05:56 PM
You see that is the problem with you 31.......what I highlighted is what is a good point of debate...and I can agree with....But why do you say that Keyes got picked because he's black? Keyes got picked because he is a good debater.....and would wipe the floor with Obama in the debates....hopefully driving down Obama's turnout (Obama will win anyway, BTW)...Thus giving GWB a "fighting" chance at being competetive in Illinois.

Him being black is part of it, but I think the other part is because they want a "name" to compete against Obama. Why do you think they wanted Ditka to run? Sounds pretty desperate to me.