PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football First Pick???

Finfan81
08-09-2004, 02:43 AM
Priest, LT, Randy, or Peyton

fins4o8
08-09-2004, 02:53 AM
i wud take LT since he is San Diego OFF.

Atila
08-09-2004, 03:05 AM
depends how your FFL is setup, if its really TD based you go priest, if you get points for receptions, and its more yard based, go with LT. if you choose moss or peyton with your first pick your a dumbass :)

SMadison29
08-09-2004, 03:23 AM
It's gotta be Priest. I haven't been in a yardage league yet that'll make up for Holmes 10+ TDs over LT's. I'd also take Portis over LT.

tehMick
08-09-2004, 03:25 AM
First, i'd take Marvin Harrison over Randy any day.
Second, out of the four i'd pick Priest Holmes.

Phinz4Life
08-09-2004, 03:26 AM
It's gotta be Priest. I haven't been in a yardage league yet that'll make up for Holmes 10+ TDs over LT's. I'd also take Portis over LT.
LT > PRIEST.

In all the leagues I've been in, LT has scored more points than Priest. Also, look for LT to have an astonashing year as he is the only player San Diego has. Every play is basically to him, or if none other receivers open, a dump off to him. He'll get amazing points.

Fin_Fanatic
08-09-2004, 03:55 AM
priest has the advantage of the KC line. you have to take him first IMO. oh, and randy moss is better than marvin harrison fantasy wise.... usually gets more yards and TD's per game

Super_Duper85
08-09-2004, 06:32 AM
With my first 2 picks I usually try to take the best 2 rbs available, unless one of the top receivers is still left in the second round. Although, with all the rbs that gain 1000 yards nowadays, that stategy is starting to change because there is getting to be more depth at rb. But to answer your question, I would go with LT because Priest is very injury prone. He will score more than LT, but the chances of him playing 16 games is less lilely IMO.

saves
08-09-2004, 08:23 AM
i wud take LT since he is San Diego OFF.
LT any day of the week.

saves
08-09-2004, 08:24 AM
Wrong forum BTW.:)

finregime
08-09-2004, 08:40 AM
Go with LT bro!

Somethin tells me Priest is about to have an injury this year!

shalafi3455
08-09-2004, 08:45 AM
LT > PRIEST.

In all the leagues I've been in, LT has scored more points than Priest. Also, look for LT to have an astonashing year as he is the only player San Diego has. Every play is basically to him, or if none other receivers open, a dump off to him. He'll get amazing points.

Actually that is all the more reason not to go with him! Remeber what happened last year when all we had was a RB and had to go to him all the time! The D gears to stop the one treat you have and that could bring his numbers down this year! I would go with the more sure thing in Priest! You should always take a RB with you first pick because they have the most value! They get points both Rushing and Receiving! That does make LT appealing but I just think that Defences are going to crack down on him this year!

saves
08-09-2004, 08:57 AM
Actually that is all the more reason not to go with him! Remeber what happened last year when all we had was a RB and had to go to him all the time! The D gears to stop the one treat you have and that could bring his numbers down this year! I would go with the more sure thing in Priest! You should always take a RB with you first pick because they have the most value! They get points both Rushing and Receiving! That does make LT appealing but I just think that Defences are going to crack down on him this year!
Don't you think they did that to him last year? No one was afraid of Brees or Flutie and Boston only had one game where he was really spectacular. Thats why I think LT is such a safe pick, he produces regardless of the condition. Hes good for another 75 receptions as well.

Superself
08-09-2004, 09:00 AM
You can't miss with any of the RB choices....PH,LT, or CP.
Remember, the first pick will not win your season....but a boneheaded choice will surely flush it down the drain.
You have to be sure about the picks in rounds 4-8....that is where most people make mistakes and lose their draft.

shalafi3455
08-09-2004, 09:01 AM
Don't you think they did that to him last year? No one was afraid of Brees or Flutie and Boston only had one game where he was really spectacular. Thats why I think LT is such a safe pick, he produces regardless of the condition. Hes good for another 75 receptions as well.

I see what your saying but I look at it like what Ricky did his first year when he was the whole offence and his second year as the same thing! Defences seemed to be more geared to stop him last year opposed to the year before! That's what I'm basing it off of! With a RB that is your whole offence it's easy for the D to shut him down if there is not threat of a passing game! JMO

saves
08-09-2004, 09:44 AM
I see where your coming from. I still think hes gonna be a player next year but only time will tell.
Im just happy when ricky fell in my lap with the 6th pick, I took Ahman Green. I feel sorry for the guy after me lol.

shalafi3455
08-09-2004, 10:11 AM
I see where your coming from. I still think hes gonna be a player next year but only time will tell.
Im just happy when ricky fell in my lap with the 6th pick, I took Ahman Green. I feel sorry for the guy after me lol.

LOL That's funny! I actually had LT last year and he kicked @$$ for me last year so it would be tough to pass on him if he's there! I would just have to take him but I don't think I would with the first pick is all! You have to love Green though that guy is just solid! He puts up good numbers every year!

saves
08-09-2004, 11:15 AM
Ya I love Green as a fantasy player, you know your not gonna stack the box on you because one of the all time greatest arms is just waiting for his opportunity, and the offense seems to be alot more run based than in the past. He just needs to quit fumbling.

Its hard to mess up in the first round though, unless your computer crashes and you take tiki barber :nono:

poornate
08-09-2004, 11:46 PM
I'd take Culpepper instead of Manning anyway....

Twan18
08-10-2004, 10:16 PM
Priest Holmes

The Phinster
08-15-2004, 10:14 PM
Guys imagine last year I had both LT and Ahman! Plus I had Culpepper to top it off. I have to say I made one of the best 1st three picks I ever had as I won top points last year.

I have a draft on Aug. 29th, if the 1st overall landed on my lap that would be awful hard to decide who to pick. Either LT or Priest is a worthy pick there IMHO.

SMadison29
08-24-2004, 06:50 PM
LT > PRIEST.

You're either mistaken or the league you were in must have had a screwed up scoring system. Holmes had 10 more TD than Tomlinson & Tomlinson had 260 more total yards(225 rushing, 35 receiving). Holmes scored more points in every fantasy league: ESPN, Yahoo, CBS, & my custom league's scoring system. Tomlinson being the only player SD has is good & bad.