PDA

View Full Version : FinHeaven & Co Football Pool Now Open!

FinHeavenAJ
08-09-2004, 06:04 PM
The 2004 FinHeaven & Co Football Pool (http://www.finheaven.com/footballpool/) is now open and ready for action! Last season the Football Pool was a huge hit and came down to the wire... will this season have the same result? Only time will tell. Just remember, that the FinHeaven & Co Football Pool is COMPLETELY FREE!

If you wish to get in on this please click here (http://www.finheaven.com/footballpool/).

BizarroAndres
08-09-2004, 06:16 PM
Yep, It was sweet last year. Cant wait to start this year

dolphindan1970
08-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Im in !!!!!!

texasPHINSfan
08-09-2004, 09:53 PM
i don't understand when i'm trying to play.... how it works, what you have to do, etc.... there is no real "explanation" section. on the "survivor" page, you don't just pick survivor, you pick a million other things... what do they all mean? what is the "over/under" next to the fantasy picks - are we supposed to guess if that claim will make the projected target or not? The reason i ask is b/c Frank Wycheck is retired..... how can he do anything?

are there help pages anywhere? the rules don't really explain how to play.

thanks

BizarroAndres
08-09-2004, 10:16 PM
over under is exactly what you said, you guess if the person or team will go under or over, if the guy retired, i spose he will probably be under.

CirclingWagons
08-09-2004, 11:16 PM
i'm in

Ross
08-09-2004, 11:34 PM
Please get rid of the fantasy angle!

I hate that. last year, about 10 weeks into the season I was like 1 win behind total wins but I was in 9th place because I don't give a rat's *** about how many yards someone is going to get in the game. I stopped enjoying it because of that.

Can't the fantasy game guys have a seperate pool? Or maybe a seperate pool where some us who hate the fantasy angle could pick against the spread instead?

Please....

--Ross

texasPHINSfan
08-09-2004, 11:39 PM
uh.... the pool IS fantasy. i am not actually physically participating with everyone.... i am picking the games from my computer console. :)

Ross
08-09-2004, 11:44 PM
uh.... the pool IS fantasy. i am not actually physically participating with everyone.... i am picking the games from my computer console. :)

Uh, I wasn't trying to talk to you, :) But I believe you still have to pick the winner of each game...

BizarroAndres
08-09-2004, 11:46 PM
Uh, I wasn't trying to talk to you, :) But I believe you still have to pick the winner of each game...

Yeah, you pick the winner and the over/under. I like the fantasy, it adds to it

Ross
08-09-2004, 11:52 PM
Yeah, you pick the winner and the over/under. I like the fantasy, it adds to it

Yeah I know some people like it. It might even be most, I don't know. But hell the guys who really like it already have their fantsy leagues...

--Ross

08-10-2004, 01:16 AM
over under is exactly what you said, you guess if the person or team will go under or over, if the guy retired, i spose he will probably be under.

thanks for the tip. :D

DolphinVJ
08-10-2004, 01:02 PM
I agree the over/under makes it difficult. Last year as far as W/L I probably had the top 1 or 2 in total wins but I did not do too well with the over/under but ended up winning the 3rd prize ($25 gift certificate and bought a Dolphins Tie).

Can someone please explain the "survivor" feature? Does it mean in any week if you pick a "survivor" team to win and it loses, you cannot play the pool for the rest of the season?

FinHeavenAJ
08-10-2004, 01:07 PM
The over/under for the Fantasy makes it that much more interesting and difficult. It's not supposed to be easy... :cool:

The survivor feature is basically a division on its own. Everyone that registers gets registered for that. If you lose, you're not out of the football pool entirely but just out of the Survivor "division." The Survivor and the actual #1 Football Pool player can differ greatly!

Does that help?

DolphinVJ
08-10-2004, 03:56 PM
Thanks AJ that does help. Good to know that the performance of the "Survivor" division has NO effect on the Football Pool itself.

You could possibly wind up with quite a few "survivors" if it is just one game to choose weekly for this part of the contest.

Ross
08-10-2004, 04:12 PM
The over/under for the Fantasy makes it that much more interesting and difficult. It's not supposed to be easy...

It's not about being easy. The spread could accomplish that. I'm just not a stat geek. I could care less about the fantasy angle because it has nothing to do with the outcome of the game....

--Ross

fin-atic
08-10-2004, 05:04 PM
I just registered! I am ready to go. Should be a challenge this year.

inFINSible
08-10-2004, 05:18 PM
It's not about being easy. The spread could accomplish that. I'm just not a stat geek. I could care less about the fantasy angle because it has nothing to do with the outcome of the game....

--Ross
then guess....that's what I did....it's almost as sure as actually thinking you know what you're doing. It's 50/50 anyway.....

Ross
08-10-2004, 08:59 PM
It's 50/50 anyway.....

You really think it's 50/50? You don't think that maybe a fantasy geek would have a real edge?

--Ross

inFINSible
08-10-2004, 09:04 PM
You really think it's 50/50? You don't think that maybe a fantasy geek would have a real edge?

--Ross

They might think they do. :lol:

seriously, who really knows how one player will perform on any given day? There are waaaay too many variables...

calmlikeabomb
08-11-2004, 10:23 AM
One question:

If you create and join your own division, does the Survivor portion run just in your division so that it will reset once there is a winner in your division? Or does the Survivor portion only reset once there is an overall winner throughout all of FinHeaven?

FinHeavenAJ
08-11-2004, 10:35 AM
The Survivor is league wide... to make it run in a division may come next season... unsure really. It's a new option, so this season we're just testing it out. If people like it and it does well... then we'll make it a little better next season.

However, you could kinda make it run in your division if you manually check....

calmlikeabomb
08-11-2004, 10:38 AM
Thanks AJ!

08-17-2004, 05:28 PM
First off, the Pool looks great.

Second, a question re: Survivor. Once you pick a team, can you not pick the same team next week, or does that last all season? In other words, does it force you to pick a different team each week?

08-21-2004, 01:11 AM
thanks for the clarification. :shakeno:

08-23-2004, 11:47 PM
So, I picked KC as my survivor this week. I realize it is just pre-season, but why did I get eliminated from the survivor pool? KC won. :confused:

t2thejz
08-24-2004, 11:35 AM
Does everything reset when the season starts?

ryan_shula
09-07-2004, 10:36 AM
So is there an Over/Under.....