PDA

View Full Version : Get your facts straight

beam
08-11-2004, 11:52 AM
The people on this board keep talking about how Travis Henry has this huge fumbling problem. He had on bad year where he fumbled. Here is his fumbling stats compared to Ricky Williams over the last three years (how long Henry has been in the league).

Travis- 44 GP, 23 Fumbles, 13 Fumbles lost
Ricky- 48 GP, 22 Fumbles, 16 Fumbles lost

The only fumble stat that matters is fumbles lost which Henry had less. :eek:

Henry also had 8 of those in 2002. Last year he only lost 3 fumbles where Ricky Williams lost 5.

LIQUID24
08-11-2004, 11:55 AM
Ricky had a fumbling problem too, no one denied that.

john00agent
08-11-2004, 11:56 AM
looks like they both have fumbling problems.....

Dphins4me
08-11-2004, 11:57 AM
I disagree with this. Any time a RB puts the ball on the ground then its a concern. Just because a teammate happens to be able to get to it before the opponent, does not change the fact the ball was out there.

john00agent
08-11-2004, 11:59 AM
Didn't Henry throw a pick in Miami last year? He obviously is a lousy passer, too!

Phinz
08-11-2004, 12:20 PM
Wow they get defensive, ha, ha. How many people have you seen talking good about Ricky in the last month. Like liquid said we wouldn't deny anything you want to say bad about him. We'd probably help bash him in most cases. According to your stats, Ricky not only has more fumbles lost he also played 4 more games than Henry.

phunwin
08-11-2004, 12:21 PM
The people on this board keep talking about how Travis Henry has this huge fumbling problem. He had on bad year where he fumbled. Here is his fumbling stats compared to Ricky Williams over the last three years (how long Henry has been in the league).

Travis- 44 GP, 23 Fumbles, 13 Fumbles lost
Ricky- 48 GP, 22 Fumbles, 16 Fumbles lost

Henry also had 8 of those in 2002. Last year he only lost 3 fumbles where Ricky Williams lost 5.

He does have a fumbling problem. So did Ricky Williams. Doesn't mean Henry's a bad running back; I'd happily take him. But don't try to dress it up like it's not a problem. Travis Henry simply must take care of the ball better.

Driven
08-11-2004, 12:41 PM
Didn't Henry throw a pick in Miami last year? He obviously is a lousy passer, too!

:roflmao: :roflmao:

shalafi3455
08-11-2004, 12:49 PM
Yea but you have to remember Ricky was a pounder and would take a lot of big hits! Henry is more of a finese guy compaired to Ricky! I would expect Ricky to have more fumbles just by the way he runs or should I say ran!

beam
08-11-2004, 12:59 PM
Travis is anything but a finese guy. He pounds it between the tackles everytime. He has never been an outside runner. He is straight up the middle smash mouth football.

My main point in this thread was Henry only had on bad year in the fumbling Dept.

Gonzo
08-11-2004, 01:02 PM
At least Ricky had an excuse. That ball gets heavy when your high, man! He just wanted to be free of the burden of carrying it.

burger13
08-11-2004, 01:03 PM
Yea but you have to remember Ricky was a pounder and would take a lot of big hits! Henry is more of a finese guy compaired to Ricky! I would expect Ricky to have more fumbles just by the way he runs or should I say ran!

Because he's a pounder?? I don't ever remember hearing about Czonka, Riggins or Earl Campbell having a fumbling problem.

There's never a good reason for putting the ball on the ground. They both have fumbling problems......along with Tiki Barber, they are the most fumble prone backs of the past few years.

And I also disagree that fumbles lost is the pertinent stat. A fumble is a fumble.....doesn't matter at all if you get lucky after you drop the rock.....you still dropped it. Ask a coach if he doesn't mind his guy fumbling as ling as a teammate bails him out??

All that being said......I'd take T.Henry on my team in a second.

nate
08-11-2004, 01:07 PM
Travis is anything but a finese guy. He pounds it between the tackles everytime. He has never been an outside runner. He is straight up the middle smash mouth football.

My main point in this thread was Henry only had on bad year in the fumbling Dept.

HEY TRAVIS PLAYED IN SOUTH FLORIDA SO WE WOULD KNOW WHAT TYPE RUNNER HE IS

beam
08-11-2004, 01:07 PM
At least Ricky had an excuse. That ball gets heavy when your high, man! He just wanted to be free of the burden of carrying it.
:lol:

nydolfan13
08-11-2004, 01:09 PM
Relax on getting our facts straight!!! who are you to talk to us like that?

Lehighphin
08-11-2004, 01:13 PM
Beam this is a dolphins site. If you don't like whats being said maybe go to the Jills site.

NJ_Fin_Fan
08-11-2004, 01:16 PM
Who gives a crap? Why are we squabbling about this? You're referring to two players, one of which is not even in the league for the next year. The remaining player is a Buffalo Bill, who makes no difference to our team (with the exception of two weeks a year, when he has a very minor impact).

I, for one, would rather read about real issues... trade talk, injuries, player progression, team strategies, breaking news, etc.

shalafi3455
08-11-2004, 01:27 PM
Because he's a pounder?? I don't ever remember hearing about Czonka, Riggins or Earl Campbell having a fumbling problem.

There's never a good reason for putting the ball on the ground. They both have fumbling problems......along with Tiki Barber, they are the most fumble prone backs of the past few years.

And I also disagree that fumbles lost is the pertinent stat. A fumble is a fumble.....doesn't matter at all if you get lucky after you drop the rock.....you still dropped it. Ask a coach if he doesn't mind his guy fumbling as ling as a teammate bails him out??

All that being said......I'd take T.Henry on my team in a second.

No I didn't say it was any excuse to fumble! Just that I would expect a guy the take/gives hits the way he did would fumble more is all! There is never an excuse to fumble!

Henry may run up the middle but he doesn't take a pounding like Ricky did! Jamal Lewis takes a beaten like Ricky but he holds onto the ball! :D

Dol-Fan Dupree
08-11-2004, 01:59 PM
8 fumbles in a year is enough to make someone known for having a fumbling problem. That is a lot of fumbles.

You should use someone like Eddie George for your comparison. Everyone knows that Ricky has a fumbling problem

beam
08-11-2004, 02:09 PM
8 fumbles in a year is enough to make someone known for having a fumbling problem. That is a lot of fumbles.

You should use someone like Eddie George for your comparison. Everyone knows that Ricky has a fumbling problem

In 2001 Eddie George had 8 fumbles with 6 lost same year Travis had his bad year. The fact is young RB's usually have a problem with fumbling. This does not mean they will always have a fumbling problem. Travis really fixed his fumbling problems last year a lot.

Dol-Fan Dupree
08-11-2004, 02:23 PM
In 2001 Eddie George had 8 fumbles with 6 lost same year Travis had his bad year. The fact is young RB's usually have a problem with fumbling. This does not mean they will always have a fumbling problem. Travis really fixed his fumbling problems last year a lot.

Then Jerome Bettis. Use him.

beam
08-11-2004, 02:29 PM
Then Jerome Bettis. Use him.
Early in his carrer (Also first time playing in a cold weather city which also makes a difference)

1996 7 fumbles 4 lost
1997 6 fumbles 6 lost

Dol-Fan Dupree
08-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Well didn't he have to go a while before he was known as someone who wasn't a fumbler? Until Travis proves otherwise, he will be known as one. It is not like someone who has a fumbling problem early in his career will always not have that problem

Scrap
08-11-2004, 02:36 PM
What's this thread got to do with the Dolphins?

beam
08-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Well didn't he have to go a while before he was known as someone who wasn't a fumbler? Until Travis proves otherwise, he will be known as one. It is not like someone who has a fumbling problem early in his career will always not have that problem
He didn't have that problem last year. That's my point.

fin13
08-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Ricky carried the ball 420 times last year, increasing the chances of fumbling.
Beam go away with this crap.

inFINSible
08-11-2004, 04:26 PM
He didn't have that problem last year. That's my point. Henry doesn't have a fumbling problem.

Okay?

Sleep well.

Dolphins12thMan
08-11-2004, 04:42 PM
Who Is Ricky Williams??????????????
And Who Cares If This Ricky Guy Fumbles< You Make It Sound Like He Is On The Dolphins!!!

Justasportsfan
08-11-2004, 04:46 PM
looks like they both have fumbling problems.....:lol:

Didn't Henry throw a pick in Miami last year? He obviously is a lousy passer, too!...:lol:

TigerJ
08-16-2004, 06:30 PM
Henry has fumbled more than we Buffalo fans would like. Some of that, especially in 2002 came as a result of the fact that he tended to keep on twisting and turning after he'd been wrapped up and wasn't going to get any meaningful yardage. He played a little smarter last season.

I can understand why Dolphin fans would question a thread on this subject being on the Miami Dolphins forum, but this is the AFC East forum? Isn't this forum here to discuss AFC East teams other than Miami? That has always confused me about Finheaven. You provide a forum for a particular topic and then complain when the threads don't pertain to Miami, even thouogh that's what the forum is for. Go figure. I'll admit it's not the most interesting topic I've ever seen on this board.

I doubt Travis will be attempting many more passes in his career.

Nate, did you follow Travis Henry in his high school career? He hasn't played football in South Florida since then. Travis played his college ball in Tennessee.

BuffRangePigpen
08-17-2004, 08:46 AM
You obviously haven't watched Travis Henry very closely.

finregime
08-17-2004, 08:59 AM
They both fumble way too much and if Henry doesn't stop it this year it will be his last with the Bills!

Justasportsfan
08-17-2004, 09:23 AM
Fumbling problems or not, finfans wish they had Henry right now :lol:

finregime
08-17-2004, 09:25 AM
Fumbling problems or not, finfans wish they had Henry right now :lol:

Your right!
I'd take him over Ricky to be honest with you.

Justasportsfan
08-17-2004, 10:41 AM
Your right!
I'd take him over Ricky to be honest with you.
But I'd rather hangout w/ RW :redeye:

JPhinfan86
08-19-2004, 07:46 AM
Seriously though, his hands are the same size as a new born childs.

homerpimpson
08-28-2004, 03:31 AM
Seriously though, his hands are the same size as a new born childs.

then its safe to say he is the "receiver" in his relationships rather than the "giver":roflmao:

JPhinfan86
08-28-2004, 03:38 AM
I guess you're probably right. :barf: :chuckle: