PDA

View Full Version : Merged 3x: Need some advise...

ryyyan24
08-12-2004, 10:25 AM
Sorry Guys this doesn't have anything to do with the Dolphins but you guys seem to no more about football over anyone else I've asked this question too...

In my fantasy draft this year I got pretty lucky and was able to pickup both Peyton Manning and Marc Bulger as my to QB's. In week 1 of the regular season Peyton Manning and the Colts are visiting to New England. (Its the first game on a Thursday Night). Marc Bulger and the Rams are home against the Arizona Cardinals.....My question is who would you start in week 1??
Peyton Manning is the best QB in the league but I'm not sure how he is going to do against that Patriots Defense...If I remember correctly for some reason in both games last year the Rams had very tough times against the Cardinals ( actually one went into OT).

Any advise would be a big help...thanks

xiidaen
08-12-2004, 10:30 AM
This will probably be moved to the Fantasy Forum...but:

1) there has been speculation that the two receivers whose individual styles will most benefit from the new coverage rules are: Isaac Bruce and Marvin Harrison.

I think, personally, I'd play Payton in your shoes...it's a tough call, I think the NE defense is vastly superior to the cardinals, but I think there's a good 'revenge factor' in play.

FlyingElvis
08-12-2004, 10:33 AM
You might want to check Peyton's record against the Pats, especially in Foxboro. Its not pretty.

ryyyan24
08-12-2004, 10:34 AM
Sorry Guys this doesn't have anything to do with the Dolphins but you guys seem to no more about football over anyone else I've asked this question too...

In my fantasy draft this year I got pretty lucky and was able to pickup both Peyton Manning and Marc Bulger as my to QB's. In week 1 of the regular season Peyton Manning and the Colts are visiting to New England. (Its the first game on a Thursday Night). Marc Bulger and the Rams are home against the Arizona Cardinals.....My question is who would you start in week 1??
Peyton Manning is the best QB in the league but I'm not sure how he is going to do against that Patriots Defense...If I remember correctly for some reason in both games last year the Rams had very tough times against the Cardinals ( actually one went into OT).

finregime
08-12-2004, 10:36 AM
Peyton dude!!!
If Bledsoe can have a big opening day against them on a year they won the SB then Peyton can have a huge one on year they won't see the Bowl.

Phinz4Life
08-12-2004, 10:36 AM
Nice QBs. One of the league's I'm in starts two QBs, and I didn't realize this until AFTER. Now Rex Grossman is my second QB. Damnit.

fin-ster
08-12-2004, 10:37 AM
I say Peyton, they will try to light it up from the beginning. They are going to try to maintain a high power offense, have everyone on their heals from the beginning.

MikeO
08-14-2004, 10:13 AM
Bulger at home has great numbers. Peyton and the Colts might struggle a bit in Foxboro. I would never tell anyone to sit Peyton, although in your situation it might be wise to strongly go with Bulger for that week.

ryyyan24
08-16-2004, 07:20 PM
Sorry Guys this doesn't have anything to do with the Dolphins but you guys seem to no more about football over anyone else I've asked this question too...AND PLEASE DO NOT MOVE THIS TO THE FANTASY FORUM ...NOONE EVER READS IN THAT PLACE!! THANKS

mod edit: This is the third time you have posted the same post in the wrong forum. You have gotten answers to your question already. Post this in the main again and your posting privleges will be suspended.

LIQUID24
08-16-2004, 07:57 PM
Definitely Bulger. He puts up big numbers at home.

Manning struggles against the Pats D.

musphinzfan
08-16-2004, 08:12 PM
Manning......Pace has not been signed and Psycho Turley might be done for good and the guards have been mediocre at best.....You do the math.