PDA

View Full Version : USA vs Jamaica....World Cup Qualifiers

Prime Time
08-14-2004, 06:03 PM
USA will take on Jamaica. I think USA will win 3-0.

iceblizzard69
08-14-2004, 11:37 PM
It's on Wednesday at 7:00 EST on ESPN2. They don't even have the roster for the game posted on ussoccer.com. :shakeno:

Prime Time
08-15-2004, 02:02 AM
I know. Which is why I didn't post it.

iceblizzard69
08-17-2004, 11:43 AM
Arena decided to just not release the roster so that Jamaica has no idea who we are bringing. However, Claudio Reyna, Brian McBride, and Carlos Bocanegra traveled to Miami after their EPL games this weekend to train with the US team so we know they are in (http://www.soccertimes.com/americans/2004/aug15.htm). The link says that 3 players from the Man City/Fulham game were called up, so we know that McBride, Bocanegra, and Reyna are in. This also means that we are calling in players from abroad, so I would expect Beasley, Howard, maybe Keller, and Cherundolo to also be in the squad against Jamaica.

Prime Time
08-17-2004, 11:36 PM
Forget Howard. Friedel! :rocker:

iceblizzard69
08-18-2004, 09:32 AM
Forget Howard. Friedel! :rocker:

I'd be surprised if Friedel was called up considering that he hasn't really played with the team since the WC. He may have been called up a few times but Howard and Keller have played a lot more. Keller is no longer the starter at Tottenham which really hurts his chances of playing. However, I would think that we would call up either him or Howard. If we only call up one of our three EPL keepers, I would think that we would call up Meola because he is experienced and then either Johnny Walker or Adin Brown. Arena likes to call up experienced guys to WCQs so I wouldn't be shocked if Cobi Jones or Earnie Stewart also got called up. I actually heard a rumor on another board that Jones was called up but since nothing has been made official all we can do is speculate.

minus
08-18-2004, 12:24 PM
Jamaica ain't bad at all.

I don't think the game will be one sided like PT thinks.Jamaica has some good fowards.

Fresh
08-18-2004, 06:02 PM
I doubt we win, but I hope we kill USA

t2thejz
08-18-2004, 06:14 PM
I doubt we win, but I hope we kill USA
Hey CO94 where are you at in Jamaica

Fresh
08-18-2004, 07:48 PM
I'm not in Jamaica(parents born in Kingston) but I have family in Portland(my cousin lives there and he has a studio where some popular reggae artists like Cartel & Spragga Benz record - Busta Music), Kingston, & around Buff Bay. I go every summer & I stay with Duane(cousin) in Portland.

And my Reggae Boyz are surprising me, but someone lied & told me that Gardner & Marshall weren't playing.

iceblizzard69
08-18-2004, 08:06 PM
Jamaica 1 : 1 USA

The US team looked pretty average to me. We had some good chances but were only able to convert on one at the end. Brian Ching definitely picked a good time to score his first international goal. Our crossing was horrible for the most part. Overall this result isn't bad because Jamaica is the second best team in our group (besides us of course) and it was the road game against us. I do think that the US and Jamaica will be the two teams to advance from the group. Ching's goal definitely has to hurt the morale of the Jamaican team, they almost had the 3 points locked up and he made sure they only left the game with 1. :cool:

Fresh
08-18-2004, 08:20 PM
That sucked at the end, but I'm happy that we atleast outplayed you guys.

minus
08-18-2004, 08:41 PM
Like I said Jamaica ain't bad.

t2thejz
08-19-2004, 07:54 AM
I'm not in Jamaica(parents born in Kingston) but I have family in Portland(my cousin lives there and he has a studio where some popular reggae artists like Cartel & Spragga Benz record - Busta Music), Kingston, & around Buff Bay. I go every summer & I stay with Duane(cousin) in Portland.

And my Reggae Boyz are surprising me, but someone lied & told me that Gardner & Marshall weren't playing.
Ohh yea I gotta friend who lived in Kingston till he was 12 then moved to the US. Hes going back next summer for a little bit and I might go with him but I havnt decided yet. Im not sure if I want to go to Kingston

minus
08-19-2004, 01:02 PM
Did any one see Brazil vs Haiti ?It wasn't much of a game but Ronaldinho was a star.What a goal even Haitian people were going nuts after the goal.

Bodzilla29
08-19-2004, 02:18 PM
Canada lost to Guatamala in Vancouver. Pathetic display. Missing DeVos(Ipswich) big time at CB, his replacement was a nightmare(Pizzolitto).

Also missing Radzinski(Fulham) and Iain Hume(Tranmere), which makes up a lot of our creativity. De Rosario(San Jose) played like crap, as did Stalteri(Werder Breman). Our strikers were crap, well Occean(Norwegian club?) was decent, but missed a sitter. De Guzman(Hannover 96) went off injured, he was our best player until he went off, good hting his sub, Serioux(Milwall), was very good. Josh Simpson(Milwall) played like crap, I was dissapointed by him. Bircham(QPR) was missing as well. Jaime Peters(formerly of Kaiserslautern) is only 17 and looked like Canada's best player when he came on late. Has pace to burn. Also Onstad(San Jose) played like crap as well, his kicking was embarasingly bad. Ruiz(Galaxy) scored both for Guatamala. First was offside, second was very well taken.

----------------------Onstad---------------------

Stalteri-------de Vos---------Watson(crap)----Jazic(crap)

--------------de Guzman-----Serioux---------------

Peters-----------------Hume--------------de Roario

--------------------Radzinski----------------------

that is Canada's best lineup.

iceblizzard69
08-19-2004, 03:49 PM
Canada lost to Guatamala in Vancouver. Pathetic display. Missing DeVos(Ipswich) big time at CB, his replacement was a nightmare(Pizzolitto).

Also missing Radzinski(Fulham) and Iain Hume(Tranmere), which makes up a lot of our creativity. De Rosario(San Jose) played like crap, as did Stalteri(Werder Breman). Our strikers were crap, well Occean(Norwegian club?) was decent, but missed a sitter. De Guzman(Hannover 96) went off injured, he was our best player until he went off, good hting his sub, Serioux(Milwall), was very good. Josh Simpson(Milwall) played like crap, I was dissapointed by him. Bircham(QPR) was missing as well. Jaime Peters(formerly of Kaiserslautern) is only 17 and looked like Canada's best player when he came on late. Has pace to burn. Also Onstad(San Jose) played like crap as well, his kicking was embarasingly bad. Ruiz(Galaxy) scored both for Guatamala. First was offside, second was very well taken.

----------------------Onstad---------------------

Stalteri-------de Vos---------Watson(crap)----Jazic(crap)

--------------de Guzman-----Serioux---------------

Peters-----------------Hume--------------de Roario

--------------------Radzinski----------------------

that is Canada's best lineup.

Was Radzinski missing because he didn't feel like coming? I'm pretty sure that has happened before. It really sucks for Canada that Hargreaves turned his back on the nation after growing up there, he could have been a star for Canada too instead of a bench player for England. Onstad was awesome last year but hasn't been the same this year. Still, since he was with Onstad in San Jose I would think that he would have a major advantage to get the starts in GK. Either way, I think of Canada as a darkhorse to qualify for the WC but losing to Guatemala doesn't help things although Ruiz is one of the best strikers in the region. Costa Rica fired their former crap coach Steve Sampson (I can't believe the Galaxy fired Schmid and hired Sampson to replace him) and with their talent I would think they are the favorite in their group. Canada is in a tough group so if they don't start winning soon they can kiss their chances of going to Germany goodbye. They really need their best players to show up in order to get a chance to make it to the next round.

Prime Time
08-19-2004, 08:20 PM
We tied. Good time for Ching to score but we did not play up to our level. We need to step it up for the rest of the qualifiers.

Fresh
08-19-2004, 10:48 PM
Ohh yea I gotta friend who lived in Kingston till he was 12 then moved to the US. Hes going back next summer for a little bit and I might go with him but I havnt decided yet. Im not sure if I want to go to Kingston

LOL, you don't wonna stay in Kingston, believe me. I go out to the dances there and like 75% of the dudes have guns. If you look on the corners of kingston...people have guns on their waists, but the cops don't care. The cops are scared of gangstas in Jamaica.

Whoever has the most/biggest gun(s) run things.

Bodzilla29
08-19-2004, 11:45 PM
Was Radzinski missing because he didn't feel like coming?

Don't be foolish Ice, Radzinski had a "leg injury" :) :cooldude:

He played 75 mins for Fulham on Saturday and came off without a limp and had a smile on his face. How much you wanna bet he plays again this Saturday? Pisses me off because he said he was really gonna contribute this time round because it is his last shot at a World Cup. Guess he pulled the wool over peoples eyes again. If he doesn't play against Hondurus I saw feck him and play with the dross we have up front now. As frightning as that sounds, I think a message needs to be sent. Commit or feck off.

Onstad was garbage to be honest. His competition is from Lars Hirshfeld who just transfered to Dundee Utd after sitting on Spurs' bench for two years. He is a very good keeper, was THE reason we won the Gold Cup in 2000(?). Hopefully he will be back in the fold quickly, don't need the ball out of bounds every time it is played back.

Mebeverine
08-20-2004, 07:39 AM
It really sucks for Canada that Hargreaves turned his back on the nation after growing up there, he could have been a star for Canada too instead of a bench player for England

LOL...Any player would rather be a "bench player" for England than a star for Canada. If Hargreaves played in the Premiership he would probably be used more often for England. That's why he wants to move to England.

Pink_Dove
08-26-2004, 11:32 PM
Right on Bodz, Hirshfeld was incredible in that Gold Cup, he's one of the best young keepers I have seen.
Why is Onstad still there, bring back Forrest !! :D