DaQuix
08-15-2004, 10:06 PM
Just a few notes - u can add ur own:

- Bills defense held Denver to no touchdowns and 6 overall points
- Willis averaged 4.4 YPC
- Losman was 5/5 for 55 yards and 37 yards scrambling

AtticusFinz
08-15-2004, 10:10 PM
I hate to admit it but, imo Losman looked like the best rookie qb playin in preseason so far...

DaQuix
08-15-2004, 10:11 PM
I agree - looks like we got a steal at 23 ... he looked by far better than Eli and Ben.

AtticusFinz
08-15-2004, 10:12 PM
he reminds of McNabb in a way..

DaQuix
08-15-2004, 10:14 PM
Same here - I like how he was extremely accurate while throwing on the run - doenst need to have his feet set to complete the pass

Lukin
08-15-2004, 10:20 PM
I was just watching the Bills/Broncos game and I got kind of a sick feeling when J.P. Losman came in. Why? Because this guy is gonna be terrorizing our secondary for years to come and he could've been ours :shakeno:. I know it's only preseason and he wasn't playing with the 1st stringers blah blah blah, but he looked great. 5/5 for 55 yds. Hes got a freaking rocket for an arm and he passes with Deadly precision. Very Brett Favrish. I know Speilman wanted someone who could start right away, but I'm afraid he mortgaged our future for an averaged QB when we could've had a future Probowler like Losman or even Henson, who is getting tons of Praise in Dallas. I've heard you can't even tell the guy missed 3 years of football and I wouldn't be suprised to see him playing if Testiverde doesn't do better than he did last year. Oh well, all I can say is, I hope Feeley is the real deal, which right now isn't looking likely.

Jimi
08-15-2004, 10:22 PM
I agree - looks like we got a steal at 23 ... he looked by far better than Eli and Ben.he may be good, im not doubting that...but u guys gave up way too much for him to be considered a steal.

zevo
08-15-2004, 10:24 PM
just got back from the game! losman was awesome. super mbile, precision passing with zip. this guy is gunna be real good!

DaQuix
08-15-2004, 10:24 PM
Everyone was saying when the Bills drafted him that he was a steal at #23 ... I cant believe he had nearly 40 yards rushing on his first game.

akfinfan
08-15-2004, 10:26 PM
Losman sucks, too arrogant, wait and see. Preseason doesn't mean s h i t.

Bamaphin
08-15-2004, 10:26 PM
:cooldude:
Absolutely! J.P. should have been with the Dolphins. He looked like a 10-year pro out there tonight. Even considering it's pre-season, second-teamers and everything else, still and impressive showing. He will probably haunting us for years to come...

tenndolfan
08-15-2004, 10:27 PM
he may be good, im not doubting that...but u guys gave up way too much for him to be considered a steal.
yes i agree the kid is good but he was not a steal if you guys dont post a good record you got "raped" for him. this years 2nd and next years 1st is not a steal. what sucks more than that is dallas reaps the benifits of all this.

DaQuix
08-15-2004, 10:28 PM
Losman sucks, too arrogant, wait and see. Preseason doesn't mean s h i t.

Why must you hate just because he is on another team - I dont like the Dolphins but I still wish Chambers was on the BIlls.

DaQuix
08-15-2004, 10:35 PM
Technically we only gave up a #2 pick - we basically traded #1 picks - we traded next years #1 pick for Dallas's.

jesusfreak26
08-15-2004, 10:38 PM
I am not biased one bit. That guy looked very good. He really surprised me. He has got a cannon for an arm and made really good reads and put the ball on the money. He is also very mobile and is not the least bit scared to take a hit. Him not being scared to take the hit was the thing that I didn't like about him he will end up killing himself out there. He will be a good Qb for years to come. That was a nice pick by the Bills.

tenndolfan
08-15-2004, 10:38 PM
Everyone was saying when the Bills drafted him that he was a steal at #23 ... I cant believe he had nearly 40 yards rushing on his first game.
well like i said in the other thread how can you say he was a "steal" you gave up this years second and next years first. how is that a "steal"?
if you dont post a good record this year you got "RAPED" for losman.
and the cowboys are smilling like they were when you guys heard "wide right"

BSQX4
08-15-2004, 10:39 PM
Lukin, I thought Feeley looked very poised with a great arm. Good leadership in the two minute drill etc. Didn't see Losman but I remember screaming about it on draft day, he was sitting right there but I think we HAD to go o-line, no choice. Tough deal.

jesusfreak26
08-15-2004, 10:42 PM
I watched the game. Overall I was impressed by Mcgahee and Losman. I believe their OLine is just as bout as bad as last year Bledsoe was a sitting duck back there again. Mcgahee had some nice runs and is a very slashy type of back.

tenndolfan
08-15-2004, 10:45 PM
Technically we only gave up a #2 pick - we basically traded #1 picks - we traded next years #1 pick for Dallas's.
i think you are wrong i am pretty sure you had to include next years first you guys jumped like 10 spots or more.

DaQuix
08-15-2004, 10:47 PM
i think you are wrong i am pretty sure you had to include next years first you guys jumped like 10 spots or more.

Let me explain. Both teams get TWO first round picks. We got our two 1st round picks THIS YEAR ... they get there TWO first round picks next year.

Both teams get TWO first round picks some year.

They gave us there first round this year and we give them our first round next year. It was a trade.

The only thing we really GAVE them that we didnt recieve was a 2nd rounder - so I think a 2nd rounder for a sound QB is a steal.

FinSinceBirth
08-15-2004, 10:48 PM
He is pretty cocky and had "people" issues, that's the bad thing about him

MikeO
08-15-2004, 10:49 PM
Should we clear off a spot for him in Canton? Or are we gonna wait a while? My god, one preseason game and the guy is the second coming of Namath.

DaQuix
08-15-2004, 10:49 PM
He is pretty cocky and had "people" issues, that's the bad thing about him

Yeah I understand what your saying but for Buffalo fans we like that. When you have a history of Rob Johnson, Doug Flutie, and Drew Bledsoe - all QB's that arent real cocky leaders we want one for once!

We havent had a cocky leader since Jim Kelly in 96'

FinSinceBirth
08-15-2004, 10:52 PM
Yeah I understand what your saying but for Buffalo fans we like that. When you have a history of Rob Johnson, Doug Flutie, and Drew Bledsoe - all QB's that arent real cocky leaders we want one for once!

We havent had a cocky leader since Jim Kelly in 96'
Yea that makes sense, but the only concern is if he gets carried away. Cocky is good but too cocky is very bad, know what i'm saying? That was always my concer when it was rumored miami would draft a qb.

CrunchTime
08-15-2004, 10:52 PM
Yes.I agree .This was the best year to acquire a franchise QB in many years (Since the Marino draft year 1983?) .Plus Henson was available.We didnt get any of them because of the Fin "Win now"attitude which precluded any "Potential "franchise QBs from being acquired.We will pay for that mistake in years to come.That why its so important do what has to be done.Get it over with .Rebuild.That doesnt mean getting rid of our star players but it does mean changing coaches and philosophy-.

tenndolfan
08-15-2004, 10:53 PM
Let me explain. Both teams get TWO first round picks. We got our two 1st round picks THIS YEAR ... they get there TWO first round picks next year.

Both teams get TWO first round picks some year.

They gave us there first round this year and we give them our first round next year. It was a trade.

The only thing we really GAVE them that we didnt recieve was a 2nd rounder - so I think a 2nd rounder for a sound QB is a steal.so you dont have a first next year right?

DaQuix
08-15-2004, 10:54 PM
Should we clear off a spot for him in Canton? Or are we gonna wait a while? My god, one preseason game and the guy is the second coming of Namath.

HUH? There talking about the reasons why Dolphins didnt pick him up - chill out

DaQuix
08-15-2004, 10:55 PM
Yea that makes sense, but the only concern is if he gets carried away. Cocky is good but too cocky is very bad, know what i'm saying? That was always my concer when it was rumored miami would draft a qb.

True

baalworship
08-15-2004, 10:56 PM
Yeah, Losman is cocky as hell. But that's a good quality for a star QB! After the game they were asking him about how accurate he was on the run. And he said something like, "I am accurate everywhere."

:roflmao:

He showed great poise for his first real NFL action. And the great thing is we can let him sit a year or two like Chad Pennington did because we got our 2005 1st rounder a year early!

:tongue:

DaQuix
so you dont have a first next year right?

Right. We traded 1st rounders. But no-one LOST a 1st rounder.

NaboCane
Losman's a punk.

He'll terrorize secondaries the way Jeff George & Rick Mirer terrorized secondaries.

By next year you'll see how lucky we were that the Phins had other needs when Kid Losman was still on the board.

Remember, we're still talking about the Bills FO here - the one that gave up all those picks for Losman, then with one of the few picks they had left chose...a kicker. In the 3rd round.

MikeO
HUH? There talking about the reasons why Dolphins didnt pick him up - chill out
Nooooooooo. They are saying the guy was a steal and is gonna be good based on one preseason game.

DaQuix
08-15-2004, 10:57 PM
Yeah, Losman is cocky as hell. But that's a good quality for a star QB! After the game they were asking him about how accurate he was on the run. And he said something like, "I am accurate everywhere."

He showed great poise for his first real NFL action. And the great thing is we can let him sit a year or two like Chad Pennington did because we got our 2005 1st rounder a year early!

:tongue:

LOL - I heard that to - it was hilarious

DaQuix
08-15-2004, 10:57 PM
Nooooooooo. They are saying the guy was a steal and is gonna be good based on one preseason game.

Based on the one game and the dominance he had in college :rolleyes:

MikeO
08-15-2004, 10:58 PM
Based on the one game and the dominance he had in college :rolleyes:Tulane! We are basing this off of his play at Tulane? Granted some QB's have come from small schools, but Im not gonna name this kid the 2nd coming based off of one preseason game and his play at Tulane! :lol:

DaQuix
08-15-2004, 10:59 PM
Losman's a punk.

He'll terrorize secondaries the way Jeff George & Rick Mirer terrorized secondaries.

By next year you'll see how lucky we were that the Phins had other needs when Kid Losman was still on the board.

Remember, we're still talking about the Bills FO here - the one that gave up all those picks for Losman, then with one of the few picks they had left chose...a kicker. In the 3rd round.

I think Ricky is sharing some of his stash with this poster. We gave up a 2nd round pick for Losman. WOW!

There was no one else to pick - look at Miami's draft

MikeO
08-15-2004, 11:01 PM
I think Ricky is sharing some of his stash with this poster. We gave up a 2nd round pick for Losman. WOW!

You also gave up a 1st round pick in 2005!!!!

DaQuix
08-15-2004, 11:02 PM
Tulane! We are basing this off of his play at Tulane? Granted some QB's have come from small schools, but Im not gonna name this kid the 2nd coming based off of one preseason game and his play at Tulane! :lol:

And everyone is basing ELI MANNING of off his play at Ole Miss. Grow up.

MikeO
08-15-2004, 11:03 PM
Ole Miss plays in the SEC!

What conference is Tulane in, Conf-USA? Who do they play? NOBODY!

DaQuix
08-15-2004, 11:04 PM
You also gave up a 1st round pick in 2005!!!!

Dude. Unless you know what your talking about, DONT TALK!

We traded first round picks. No one lost a 1st round pick. Dallas gave us there THIS YEARS PICK this year and we gave them our NEXT YEARS PICK.

So on different years we both get 2 first round picks. We just traded years. Dallas went without a 1st round pick this year. We will go without next year.

We only gave up a 2nd rounder :rolleyes:

MikeO
08-15-2004, 11:04 PM
Im not even ripping Lossman. Im just saying before we declare him the 2nd coming...lets see him play more than a few snaps in a preseason game. That's all.

MikeO
08-15-2004, 11:06 PM

We traded first round picks. No one lost a 1st round pick. Dallas gave us there THIS YEARS PICK this year and we gave them our NEXT YEARS PICK.

So on different years we both get 2 first round picks. We just traded years. Dallas went without a 1st round pick this year. We will go without next year.

Well, no. You also gave up a 5th rounder in last years draft. :roflmao: Maybe you should go back and see what you actually gave up.:evil:

You gave up a 1st in 2005, a 2nd and 5th in 2004 for Lossman. That is a lot to give up for a guy with "character" issues who didn't play against a high level of competition in college.

DaQuix
08-15-2004, 11:09 PM
Well, no. You also gave up a 5th rounder in last years draft. :roflmao: Maybe you should go back and see what you actually gave up.:evil:

You gave up a 1st in 2005, a 2nd and 5th in 2004 for Lossman. That is a lot to give up for a guy with "character" issues who didn't play against a high level of competition in college.

Ok so your saying we gave up a 2nd and a 5th - ... so as I was saying - we gave up a 2nd

NaboCane
08-15-2004, 11:10 PM

From Sports Illustrated:
The Bills were so interested in Losman that they gave up three draft picks, including a first-rounder next year, in a deal with Dallas to trade up into the first round.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/football/nfl/wires/07/31/2020.ap.fbn.bills.signings.3rd.ld.writethru.0285/

tenndolfan
08-15-2004, 11:11 PM

and if the bills post a bad record the 1st round pick could be in the top 5 or ten. the pick you got was number 23 not a fair swap.

MikeO
Ok so your saying we gave up a 2nd and a 5th - ... so as I was saying - we gave up a 2nd
Im not saying it.........THAT'S WHAT YOUR TEAMD DID :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Go look it up!

And you can't just ignore the 5th round pick. This just in:::Players picked in teh 5th round have actually become superstars in this league! :shakeno: :shakeno:

DaQuix
From Sports Illustrated:
The Bills were so interested in Losman that they gave up three draft picks, including a first-rounder next year, in a deal with Dallas to trade up into the first round.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/football/nfl/wires/07/31/2020.ap.fbn.bills.signings.3rd.ld.writethru.0285/

Yes. That is right. We traded first rounders and gave up a 2nd and 5th. But 5th is crap. So we gave up a 2nd.

A 2nd for a good QB. Good deal.

baalworship
08-15-2004, 11:12 PM
BTW, most of these "character" issues on Losman pre-draft were prominent on ESPN's website. In fact, a guy who used to work at ESPN was quoted as questioning Losman's character pre-draft, then drafted him...

You guys do know that Tom Donahoe used to work at ESPN?!

:evil:

MikeO
08-15-2004, 11:12 PM
and if the bills post a bad record the 1st round pick could be in the top 5 or ten. the pick you got was number 23 not a fair swap.
Yep, plus they threw in 2 other picks in this past draft.

tenndolfan
08-15-2004, 11:18 PM
Yep, plus they threw in 2 other picks in this past draft.
yup that is the "steal"

baalworship
08-15-2004, 11:18 PM
We gave up a first in 2005 and obtained a 1st in 2004.

To do this we gave up a 2nd and 5th. We were looking for a FRANCHISE QB. Our FO was less willing to trade for a 3rd stringer as our future. The Bills fanbase would not have accepted that route...

LIQUID24
08-15-2004, 11:20 PM
The Bills fanbase would not have accepted that route...
LOL, that's a dumb statement. What choice would you have?

Bonedoc7777
08-15-2004, 11:20 PM
everyone dont get all hot on mcghee, he will not last more then two or three year on that rebuilt knee, it will become arthritic within five years of that kind of repair

MikeO
08-15-2004, 11:21 PM
We gave up a first in 2005 and obtained a 1st in 2004.

To do this we gave up a 2nd and 5th. We were looking for a FRANCHISE QB. Our FO was less willing to trade for a 3rd stringer as our future. The Bills fanbase would not have accepted that route...'

No, you accept using a 1st round pick taking a RB who sat out the entire year trying to recover from a major injury! When you already have a franchise running back on your roster who is rather productive!

minus
08-15-2004, 11:25 PM
Mcgahee loss alot of speed.

baalworship
08-15-2004, 11:25 PM
LOL, that's a dumb statement. What choice would you have?

Apparently, you don't know what it's like to live in a football town.

MikeO
08-15-2004, 11:26 PM
Were you going to riot on the streets and overthrow the front office?:roflmao:

LIQUID24
08-15-2004, 11:27 PM
Weak comeback. Doesn't answer my question.

LIQUID24
08-15-2004, 11:28 PM
:roflmao: :roflmao:

baalworship
08-15-2004, 11:29 PM

We certainly wouldn't spend several months arguing back and forth whether our "Future" was indeed a second or third stringer on the Eagles...

MikeO
08-15-2004, 11:33 PM
We certainly wouldn't spend several months arguing back and forth whether our "Future" was indeed a second or third stringer on the Eagles...

:shakeno: :shakeno:

psirus716
08-15-2004, 11:34 PM
wait...your arguing what we gave up for Losman when people just mentioned he looked pretty good for the pre season. Don't try to turn this **** around, no argument needs to happen here. If we wanted to play that game we would talk about the picks you gave up for Ricky Williams and Jay Feeley but we won't. We could even go as far as saying you gave up a 6th and Jamar Fletcher for david boston on the IR. But all *******ness aside, quit crying, the kid looked pretty good.

I don't see how people understand. We got two first rounders last year. Dallas will have two next year. Plus we gave up a 2nd and fifth. So if the Bills do we'll or atleast decent it works out great. If the Bills end up sending a top 5 pick to dallas then laugh at our face, but that most likely won't happen. Plus even if it does, getting a franchise QB....anything is worth that.

CrunchTime
08-15-2004, 11:42 PM
I was just watching the Bills/Broncos game and I got kind of a sick feeling when J.P. Losman came in. Why? Because this guy is gonna be terrorizing our secondary for years to come and he could've been ours :shakeno:. I know it's only preseason and he wasn't playing with the 1st stringers blah blah blah, but he looked great. 5/5 for 55 yds. Hes got a freaking rocket for an arm and he passes with Deadly precision. Very Brett Favrish. I know Speilman wanted someone who could start right away, but I'm afraid he mortgaged our future for an averaged QB when we could've had a future Probowler like Losman or even Henson, who is getting tons of Praise in Dallas. I've heard you can't even tell the guy missed 3 years of football and I wouldn't be suprised to see him playing if Testiverde doesn't do better than he did last year. Oh well, all I can say is, I hope Feeley is the real deal, which right now isn't looking likely.
Youve hit the nail on the head.The best QB in this years open market was Henson.He is going to be the Marino/Elway of the future..In years to come we will regret the opportunity we lost in getting him.Losman,Rivers,Eli,Henson will be mentioned in the same breath as Marino.Elway,

sbh1602
08-15-2004, 11:45 PM
I agree in that you COULD be getting a steal with Losman. A 2nd rounder (and a 5th, which is basically a bag of chips - nice snack, and could bring a prize) is a nice price to pay for a franchise QB. BUT...

You don't know that yet. I think we'll have to wait more than just this season - think 3, 4 years - before we can pass judgement.

BTW, he looked great today. Wanna trade him? :D

sbh1602
08-15-2004, 11:52 PM
Youve hit the nail on the head.The best QB in this years open market was Henson.He is going to be the Marino/Elway of the future..In years to come we will regret the opportunity we lost in getting him.Losman,Rivers,Eli,Henson will be mentioned in the same breath as Marino.Elway,
:roflmao: based on what?

Not trying to be disrespectful, but c'mon... The kids could very well end up being mentioned in the same breath as Leaf, Akili Smith...

Tatonka
08-15-2004, 11:58 PM
well like i said in the other thread how can you say he was a "steal" you gave up this years second and next years first. how is that a "steal"?
if you dont post a good record this year you got "RAPED" for losman.
and the cowboys are smilling like they were when you guys heard "wide right"

i dont know how you could possibly say we got raped..

the bills said publicly.. they did not like any of the qb crop coming out next year MORE than they liked losman... so they decided to use next years first round pick this year.. they paid a 2nd round pick and a 5th this year to have that right..

so they gave up a second round pick and 5th to get our qb of the future.. if tonight is any indication of how he is gonna play.. then we made a great move..

you gave up probably the first pick in the second round of next years draft for aj feeley, the third string qb, who cant even beat out dumbo at qb..

i think if you ask anyone other than some of the fans on a dolphins message board who got bent over.. 9 times out of 10.. people would say the fish did.

Tatonka
08-15-2004, 11:59 PM
and the cowboys didnt have anything to do with "wide right".. learn your nfl history before you talk worthless smack.

AmishJihad
08-16-2004, 12:11 AM
:huh:

Last I knew the Bills chose DT Tim Anderson from Ohio State with their 3rd rd. pick. :shakeno:

The kicker you speak of that was chosen in the third round this year was drafted by San Diego and was named Nate Kaeding. Supposedly one of the best kickers to come out in a while. And the Chargers received that pick from the Giants in the Manning/Rivers trade.

Get your facts straight before you make yourself look foolish next time. :escape:

Phinz4Life
08-16-2004, 12:12 AM
I agree - looks like we got a steal at 23 ... he looked by far better than Eli and Ben.
Eli and Ben will become better QB's than Losman, it will just take some time. Eli is going to be a star, even I can't deny that.

AmishJihad
08-16-2004, 12:17 AM
Eli and Ben will become better QB's than Losman, it will just take some time. Eli is going to be a star, even I can't deny that.
IMO this Manning is just a name, and NY is a BIG stage.

LosmanOwns7
08-16-2004, 12:45 AM
Losman looked very sharp tonight, as the stats prove. Looked very composed for his first taste of NFL action. He isn't starting quality quite yet, but with a few more showings like this, he'll be taking the #2 job from Travis Brown. It's only one preseason game, but it is a step in the right direction.

TakeoSpikes51
08-16-2004, 12:49 AM
I went to the game tonight and was very impressed, Willis impressed me the most after 1 game, he really showed some good stuff. Although JP played outstanding for his 1st action. Our defense of course played awesome, with 2 INT's in the 1st quater and let Jake Plummer do nothing at all. Looks like another dominating year for the Bills defense.

DaQuix
08-16-2004, 12:49 AM
LosmanOwns7 - I sure hope they put him #2 on the depth chart for Saturdays game. If he owns in that game against some of the starting D and some backups then we can start thinking we have someone special.

DaQuix
08-16-2004, 12:52 AM
Losman looked very sharp tonight, as the stats prove. Looked very composed for his first taste of NFL action. He isn't starting quality quite yet, but with a few more showings like this, he'll be taking the #2 job from Travis Brown. It's only one preseason game, but it is a step in the right direction.

LosmanOwns7 - you live in North Collins? Where exactly? Near the old liquor store or closer to the new pizzeria? Parents grew up there ...

tenndolfan
08-16-2004, 12:52 AM
and the cowboys didnt have anything to do with "wide right".. learn your nfl history before you talk worthless smack.
im sorry you lost so many super bowls i got confused :D my bad it was the giants that year thats right. :cooldude: i cant remember was that the 3rd straight or the 4th one?? or was that the one that started it all?? im tryin at least give me an "a" for trying :cooldude:

NaboCane
08-16-2004, 12:55 AM
:huh:

Last I knew the Bills chose DT Tim Anderson from Ohio State with their 3rd rd. pick. :shakeno:

The kicker you speak of that was chosen in the third round this year was drafted by San Diego and was named Nate Kaeding. Supposedly one of the best kickers to come out in a while. And the Chargers received that pick from the Giants in the Manning/Rivers trade.

Get your facts straight before you make yourself look foolish next time. :escape:You're absolutely right, spit -

I got my sh!tty second-rate franchises mixed up.

And BTW, if I got my facts straight, I wouldn't look foolish...well, I would but it'd have nothing to do with facts...:lol:

DaQuix
08-16-2004, 12:57 AM
im sorry you lost so many super bowls i got confused :D my bad it was the giants that year thats right. :cooldude:

At least we have been to one within the last 10 years

Your last time was what? 20 years ago?

VJ1252
08-16-2004, 01:10 AM
Bills fans need to grasp the concept that not all first round picks are the same. Yea you got the 23rd pick from Dallas but what if you guys have a top 10 pick next year. I mean then Dallas would have gotten a top 10 pick, your 2nd and 5th and only given up a chance to take a future franchise QB when they already have one in Henson. As for Feeley, yea a 2nd round pick may have been too much we wont know until he plays in the regular season its the same with losman. All we know is that the most the dolphins can give up for Feeley is the 33rd pick and Buffalo could give up the 1st for losman and
the 2nd and the 5th. IMO both teams should have traded for Henson.

AmishJihad
08-16-2004, 01:12 AM
You're absolutely right, spit -

I got my sh!tty second-rate franchises mixed up.

And BTW, if I got my facts straight, I wouldn't look foolish...well, I would but it'd have nothing to do with facts...:lol:
I understand, the Giants and Chargers are easy to mix up. Especially with all those picks swapping hands.

:rolleyes:

Tatonka
08-16-2004, 01:19 AM
im sorry you lost so many super bowls i got confused :D my bad it was the giants that year thats right. :cooldude: i cant remember was that the 3rd straight or the 4th one?? or was that the one that started it all?? im tryin at least give me an "a" for trying :cooldude:

fair enough..

you get an A for trying.

:D

DaQuix
08-16-2004, 01:29 AM
Henson? I dont know too much about him - Id rather have J.P.

Icer
08-16-2004, 01:41 AM
I know someone brought up the competition that JP played against in College, well look no further than in the divison to see Chad Pennington played against similar teams.

So did last year's Byron Leftwich, if a kid has talent-he has talent. I think the Bills made a great move in trading next years Round 1 pick for Losman and 2nd last year. Even if they have a subpar year, there is no good QB coming out next year in the 10-20 range that would warrant selecting before Losman.

The Bills basically have three Round 1 rookies this year (McGahee didnt play last year), should be interesting to see how they pan out. (Evans/Losman/McGahee)

And really, being cocky is not setting off an "alarm" or anything, if he settles just a little bit there is nothing to worry about. Just dont let him get out of control.

If anyone stole anything, it was the Eagles. A high 2nd round pick for their 3rd string QB, wow.

Phinzone
08-16-2004, 01:56 AM
I know someone brought up the competition that JP played against in College, well look no further than in the divison to see Chad Pennington played against similar teams.

So did last year's Byron Leftwich, if a kid has talent-he has talent. I think the Bills made a great move in trading next years Round 1 pick for Losman and 2nd last year. Even if they have a subpar year, there is no good QB coming out next year in the 10-20 range that would warrant selecting before Losman.

The Bills basically have three Round 1 rookies this year (McGahee didnt play last year), should be interesting to see how they pan out. (Evans/Losman/McGahee)

And really, being cocky is not setting off an "alarm" or anything, if he settles just a little bit there is nothing to worry about. Just dont let him get out of control.

If anyone stole anything, it was the Eagles. A high 2nd round pick for their 3rd string QB, wow.

Be careful what you say about my boy Feeley. You'll be on the receiving end of his arm for a few years here :D

Alright, that said losman did look good. I still stand by my original call that he will be a bust. i think he has too much confidence in his arm and will try to push throws. However what we saw tonight WAS promising.

Anyway they didn't get a totally raw deal on the Losman trade. A first next year is the value of a 2nd rounder this year. Which means they gave up 2 2nd rounders for a QB.

The bills obviously made a choice. Bledsoe is kind of a crapshoot lately, so they had the choice of pursuing a franchise QB down the road, OR getting one a year EARLY and cutting off a year learning for him. They wagered what could be a high first for taking a year off his learning curve. NOt a bad move when you have an old immobile QB behind center.

VJ1252
08-16-2004, 02:20 AM

saying that there is no good QBs in the 10-20 range is a really big assumption. USC's Matt Leinhart, Georgia's David Pollack, and FSU's Chris Rix could all be worth taking in that range before Losman.

VJ1252
08-16-2004, 02:26 AM
Henson? I dont know too much about him - Id rather have J.P. Some scouts say Henson may have been chosen ahead of Manning if he was in this years draft. Henson also scored a 41 on the Wonderlic test which was one of the highest scores of anyone in the draft. Henson has a great arm and is a smart QB too since his dad was a HS football coach. He doesnt have the character issues of Losman and could have been had for only a 3rd if he wanted to go to buffalo, I dont know if Buffalo was on his list of teams.

FinsFan74
08-16-2004, 02:52 AM
I can't wait to see Losman try and get cocky when playing the Fins D!!

Icer
08-16-2004, 04:18 AM
saying that there is no good QBs in the 10-20 range is a really big assumption. USC's Matt Leinhart, Georgia's David Pollack, and FSU's Chris Rix could all be worth taking in that range before Losman. Chris Rix?:roflmao:
Pollack?

Leinart if USC has a good year wont be around by the time the Bills pick (which will probably be in the early/late teens). If you had thrown in legit names like Aaron Rodgers, and Andrew Walters I could have consented that there are some prospects in the 11-20 range, but Rix? Was that a joke?
Not that Rodgers could even be around, stocks rise very quickly like Philip Rivers' did.

I'd rather have Losman than most of those guys right now anyway.
Though that may change by the time this next NCAA season is completed, the Bills FO obviously liked Losman enough to risk not seeing this season pan out and going from there.

Be careful what you say about my boy Feeley. You'll be on the receiving end of his arm for a few years here

Alright, that said losman did look good. I still stand by my original call that he will be a bust. i think he has too much confidence in his arm and will try to push throws. However what we saw tonight WAS promising. It remains to be seen if he will be better than Jay Fiedler is, until then I wont say the Dolphins got completely ripped off (even though I do believe that) just that the Eagles got a 2nd round pick which could even be in the 30's or early 40's for there 3rd string QB. That's insane.

FinzManiac
08-16-2004, 04:26 AM
It remains to be seen if he will be better than Jay Fiedler is, until then I wont say the Dolphins got completely ripped off (even though I do believe that) just that the Eagles got a 2nd round pick which could even be in the 30's or early 40's for there 3rd string QB. That's insane.

It's true...it is insane....whoever agreed to the deal from Miami was a complete idiot. however, there is not much we can do about it now except to hope the guy actually pans out as a solid QB.

Saint Greg
08-16-2004, 05:46 AM

If you know the draft you know a first in 05 = a 2nd in 04. That's why you guys had to give up a 2nd this year to draft wade smith in the 3rd last year. In all actuality, they gave up two 2nd's and a 5th for losman....two 2nd's typically equals a first in the 20-25 range which is where they took losman. Unless they end up with a top 10 pick next year, it wasnt' a bad deal for them. Franchise QB's arent around very often at that point in the draft.

Saint Greg
08-16-2004, 06:01 AM
saying that there is no good QBs in the 10-20 range is a really big assumption. USC's Matt Leinhart, Georgia's David Pollack, and FSU's Chris Rix could all be worth taking in that range before Losman.

Leinhart and Pollack should be first round picks...only problem is Pollack is a defensive end. I think you are referring to David Greene. :roflmao:

yankeehillbilly
08-16-2004, 07:48 AM
Thats what they said about Akili Smith, Cade McNown, Donovan McNabb, Daunte Culpepper, and Tim Couch

yankeehillbilly
08-16-2004, 08:11 AM
There are some questions about Losman, but then there are questions about any draft pick. He is a bit too arrogant for no more than he has achieved. Some say that he may not be coachable due to his attitude. Also, there is a little controversy over his wunderlich test scores. Apparently he took it twice, getting a horrible score the first time and a very good one the second time, leading some to believe he may have gotten a copy when he re-took the test. He claims that his failure on his first attempt at the test was due to having to go to the bathroom. Either way, he is either too dumb to pass the test without cheating or too dumb to make a pit stop before the test started.
There is a QB currently playing that during his first few years in the league was a bit more cocky than he should have been and who some said was uncoachable. That was Brett Favre, to which many have compared Losman. Then again, a more recent overly arrogant QB with questionable character also comes to mind....Ryan Leaf. If Losman turns out more like the former, then of course you got a bargain, but I'm not sure its wise to be talking about what a great deal you got on another team's board until you were absolutely sure he wasnt going to be more like the latter.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-16-2004, 10:09 AM

The Bills used a first, a second, and a fifth round pick to draft Losman.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-16-2004, 10:19 AM
I was at the game. Losman looked good. He took a couple of nasty shots. The backup LT is going to get chewed out today. He let a LB get by and you could hear the shot Losman took in the stands.

McGahee looked strong but not fast. I expected him to be much faster. I don't think he is all the way back yet. On the positive side for McGahee, he took a good shot to his left knee and got right back up.

The middle of the Bills oline still looks weak. Travis had no where to run and Drew was under some pressure.

harmonkoz
08-16-2004, 11:16 AM

We used a second and a 5th... We got next year's first rounder a year early. i.e. That's why we have two first rounder's this year. Simple math. Kind of like the kind of math involved in calculating your sorry a$$ team's chance at a post season birth. :rofl:

harmonkoz
08-16-2004, 11:19 AM
There are some questions about Losman, but then there are questions about any draft pick. He is a bit too arrogant for no more than he has achieved. Some say that he may not be coachable due to his attitude. Also, there is a little controversy over his wunderlich test scores. Apparently he took it twice, getting a horrible score the first time and a very good one the second time, leading some to believe he may have gotten a copy when he re-took the test. He claims that his failure on his first attempt at the test was due to having to go to the bathroom. Either way, he is either too dumb to pass the test without cheating or too dumb to make a pit stop before the test started.
There is a QB currently playing that during his first few years in the league was a bit more cocky than he should have been and who some said was uncoachable. That was Brett Favre, to which many have compared Losman. Then again, a more recent overly arrogant QB with questionable character also comes to mind....Ryan Leaf. If Losman turns out more like the former, then of course you got a bargain, but I'm not sure its wise to be talking about what a great deal you got on another team's board until you were absolutely sure he wasnt going to be more like the latter.

Big difference between arrogant and confident. Every player and coach that the NFL Network interviewed called him very confident... No one said arrogant, no one said cocky... They said confident. I will take the word of the guys that play with him day in and out before I take some over blown media hype.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-16-2004, 11:36 AM
We used a second and a 5th... We got next year's first rounder a year early. i.e. That's why we have two first rounder's this year. Simple math. Kind of like the kind of math involved in calculating your sorry a$$ team's chance at a post season birth. :rofl:

???? Please go back the math class. You failed.

Just before the trade and Losman was picked, the Bills had:

- a 2nd rounder in 2004
- a 5th rounder in 2004
- a 1st rounder in 2005
- no J.P. Losman

Just after the trade and Losman pick, the Bills had:

- J.P. Losman
- no 2nd rounder in 2004
- no 5th rounder in 2004
- no 1st rounder in 2005

Losman cost the Bills three picks instead of one. They paid an extra 2nd and 5th in addition to the first next year.

tenndolfan
08-16-2004, 11:42 AM
???? Please go back the math class. You failed.

Just before the trade and Losman was picked, the Bills had:

- a 2nd rounder in 2004
- a 5th rounder in 2004
- a 1st rounder in 2005
- no J.P. Losman

Just after the trade and Losman pick, the Bills had:

- J.P. Losman
- no 2nd rounder in 2004
- no 5th rounder in 2004
- no 1st rounder in 2005

Losman cost the Bills three picks instead of one. They paid an extra 2nd and 5th in addition to the first next year.
look just quit trying they cant understand it

tenndolfan
08-16-2004, 11:50 AM
in all reality dallas just traded down about 9 spots and still got the guy they were wanting. then they picked up an extra 2nd round pick this year with a 5th to go with it and THEY the cowboys have 2 FIRST round picks next year their FIRST and YOUR first. you (the bills) DO NOT HAVE a first next year so if the bill post a bad record which is possible the cowboys get a possible top 5 or top 10 first round pick to go along with their top ten pick :D and you guys got pick number 23. so number 23 with a 2nd round and a 5th round in 04 and a posssible top 5 or 10 in the first in 05 is as you say a "steal".. you are correct :cooldude: so all you gave up was a second round pick to get losman you are right :shakeno: :eek: :confused:

BuffRangePigpen
08-16-2004, 12:58 PM
WTF is the matter with you guys? Why is this trade so hard to understand?

Bills traded: 1st 2005, 2nd 2004, 5th 2004

Bills received: 1st 2004

1st's cancel out and you're left with a 2nd and a 5th for the ability to draft Losman in 2004. What exactly is the problem?

Most in Buffalo think the trade was a steal. Why? Travis Brown was the only other QB on the roster with experience. Bledsoe will be gone in a couple of years. Most don't think Brown has the ability to take over for him. We needed to bring in a talented young QB to learn the system and learn from Bledsoe as soon as possible. We didn't have a pick in the top 11 to get any of the others in this years draft class. Buffalo fans realize that you have to give up something in order to get something. Buffalo fans also realize that draft picks are not worth their weight in gold like some around here seem to think. Franchise QB's are worth their weight in gold. Some picks pan out, some don't. they are a gamble. The percentage of 2nd rounders and 5th rounders that turn into contributing members is small. It's a risk. We'll see how it pays off in a couple years.

tenndolfan
08-16-2004, 01:10 PM
WTF is the matter with you guys? Why is this trade so hard to understand?

Bills traded: 1st 2005, 2nd 2004, 5th 2004

Bills received: 1st 2004

1st's cancel out and you're left with a 2nd and a 5th for the ability to draft Losman in 2004. What exactly is the problem?

Most in Buffalo think the trade was a steal. Why? Travis Brown was the only other QB on the roster with experience. Bledsoe will be gone in a couple of years. Most don't think Brown has the ability to take over for him. We needed to bring in a talented young QB to learn the system and learn from Bledsoe as soon as possible. We didn't have a pick in the top 11 to get any of the others in this years draft class. Buffalo fans realize that you have to give up something in order to get something. Buffalo fans also realize that draft picks are not worth their weight in gold like some around here seem to think. Franchise QB's are worth their weight in gold. Some picks pan out, some don't. they are a gamble. The percentage of 2nd rounders and 5th rounders that turn into contributing members is small. It's a risk. We'll see how it pays off in a couple years.why is it so hard to understand that you gave up a FUTURE number 1 pick as well. you guys picked at spot number 11 or 12 in the 2004 draft in the first round. you did not swap that pick you used it to select LEE EVANS remember?? you GAVE UP NEXT YEARS FIRST to the cowboys do you understand???? how did you swap you alreay had a pick in this years draft LEE EVANS!!! you gave up FUTURE NUMBER 1 IN 2005 understand????? these first round picks do not cancel out you picked at spot 11 or 12 already and got a player named lee evans. you gave up 3 picks a first in 05 included.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-16-2004, 01:23 PM

The 1st's cancel out??? WTH does that mean. Losman cost a 1st, 2nd, and 5th. period.

I think the Bills got hosed. They should have taken Losman with their first pick and used the 2nd round pick for a WR. They could have traded down from the 13th spot also and still taken Losman. It was a WR heavy draft. They could have then moved up to late first round and still gotten Jenkins or Woods.

They would still have had next year's #1.

BuffRangePigpen
08-16-2004, 01:26 PM
Are you kidding me? I can't believe i'm reading this. Either you're just messing with me, or you have the worst reading comprehension skills of anybody i've ever seen.

You can't just look at what a team gives away in a trade. That would be like saying the Lakers got screwed in the Shaq deal because they lost him to the heat. They got something in return you know? Just as the Bills got something in return for the 2005 1st rounder. A 2004 1st Rounder.

BuffRangePigpen
08-16-2004, 01:27 PM
The 1st's cancel out??? WTH does that mean. Losman cost a 1st, 2nd, and 5th. period.
I can't take it, i'm out of here. Back to the Buffalo board where the posters have made it past the third grade.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Just as the Bills got something in return for the 2005 1st rounder. A 2004 1st Rounder.

WHICH THEY USED ON JP LOSMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FinfanInBuffalo
08-16-2004, 01:32 PM
I can't take it, i'm out of here. Back to the Buffalo board where the posters have made it past the third grade.

Let me ask you this....

What draft pick did Buffalo use for Lee Evans?

BuffRangePigpen
08-16-2004, 01:33 PM
Let me ash you this....

What draft pick did Buffalo use for Lee Evans?

FinfanInBuffalo
08-16-2004, 01:33 PM

So..... Evans cost a 1st round pick....true?

With me so far?

BuffRangePigpen
08-16-2004, 01:36 PM
If you want to look at it that way. yes, Evans cost a 1st round pick.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-16-2004, 01:39 PM
If you want to look at it that way. yes, Evans cost a 1st round pick.

Losman was the 22nd pick. The Bills paid a 2nd, a 5th, and a 1st (next year) to Dallas to get that pick. Therefore Losman cost a 2nd, a 5th, and a 1st.

Am I missing something?

The other way to look at it is that the Bills paid a 5th this year and a 1st next year to move up approx 22 picks.

Either way, its a lot to give up.

BuffRangePigpen
08-16-2004, 01:41 PM
WTH are we arguing?

FinfanInBuffalo
08-16-2004, 01:47 PM
WTH are we arguing?

We are arguing how much the Bills gave up for Losman.

Some (including you I thought) are trying to claim he only cost a 2nd and a 5th. That is wrong.

BuffRangePigpen
08-16-2004, 01:48 PM
If anytime you draft somebody is costs you a pick, (just as Lee Evans cost Buffalo a 1st round pick) then JP cost Buffalo a first round pick in 2004, plus the 1st rounder they gave to Dallas in 2005. By that same terminology, it also cost Dalls the pick they gave to Buffalo in 2004, plus the player they will select with Buffalo's pick in 2005. 2 for 2. That's why they cancel each other out. If the 2nd and 5th were not included in the trade, would you say that picking JP cost the bills two picks? I wouldn't, because we used the pick we got from dallas in exchange for a pick we gave them. With that in mind, the swap for 1st rounders cost Buffalo a 2nd and a 5th.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-16-2004, 01:54 PM
If anytime you draft somebody is costs you a pick, (just as Lee Evans cost Buffalo a 1st round pick) then JP cost Buffalo a first round pick in 2004, plus the 1st rounder they gave to Dallas in 2005. By that same terminology, it also cost Dalls the pick they gave to Buffalo in 2004, plus the player they will select with Buffalo's pick in 2005. 2 for 2. That's why they cancel each other out. If the 2nd and 5th were not included in the trade, would you say that picking JP cost the bills two picks? I wouldn't, because we used the pick we got from dallas in exchange for a pick we gave them. With that in mind, the swap for 1st rounders cost Buffalo a 2nd and a 5th.

:confused:

Losman cost the Bills a 2nd and 5th this year and a 1st next year. He didn't cost Dallas anything.

If the 2nd and the 5th were not included in the trade, Losman would have cost the Bills 1 pick. Since they were included in the trade, he cost them THREE picks. If they were not included, would you say Losman cost the Bills ZERO picks? I wouldn't.

BuffRangePigpen
08-16-2004, 02:19 PM
:confused:

Losman cost the Bills a 2nd and 5th this year and a 1st next year. He didn't cost Dallas anything.

If the 2nd and the 5th were not included in the trade, Losman would have cost the Bills 1 pick. Since they were included in the trade, he cost them THREE picks. If they were not included, would you say Losman cost the Bills ZERO picks? I wouldn't.

But you can't have it both ways. Either swapping first round picks is 1 for 1, or it's 2 for 2 (if you consider the act of actually making the selection "costing" a team a pick as you did with Evans.) If the 2nd and 5th weren't included i would consider the trade costing the Bills one pick, just as it cost the Cowboys 1 pick. 1 for 1. Even Steven. +1 + (-1) = 0. They cancel each other out. What you're left with is a 2nd and a 5th the bills gave to the cowboys to swap 1st rounders.

That's a 2nd and a 5th it cost the Bills for the ability to bring in a player a year earlier had they not made the trade. The fish are having a hard time at RB right now. Are you telling me you wouldn't consider giving up a 2nd and a 5th a good deal to be able to bring in a 1st rounder this year instead of next year?

FinfanInBuffalo
08-16-2004, 02:33 PM
But you can't have it both ways. Either swapping first round picks is 1 for 1, or it's 2 for 2 (if you consider the act of actually making the selection "costing" a team a pick as you did with Evans.) If the 2nd and 5th weren't included i would consider the trade costing the Bills one pick, just as it cost the Cowboys 1 pick. 1 for 1. Even Steven. +1 + (-1) = 0. They cancel each other out. What you're left with is a 2nd and a 5th the bills gave to the cowboys to swap 1st rounders.

That's a 2nd and a 5th it cost the Bills for the ability to bring in a player a year earlier had they not made the trade. The fish are having a hard time at RB right now. Are you telling me you wouldn't consider giving up a 2nd and a 5th a good deal to be able to bring in a 1st rounder this year instead of next year?

One last try.....

Lets pretend Dallas kept the pick and selected Losman.

They then traded Losman's rights to the Bills for:

1. a 2nd round pick in 2004
2. a 5th round pick in 2004
3. a 1st round pick in 2005

What would Losman have cost the Bills then?

BuffRangePigpen
08-16-2004, 02:37 PM
I'm done trying. You're missing the point and you're tying to confuse things to make your point.

Here it is:

Bills gave up: 2005 1st rounder; 2004 2nd rounder; 2004 5th rounder

Bills recieved: 2004 1st rounder.

Take it for what it's worth.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-16-2004, 02:41 PM
I'm done trying. You're missing the point and you're tying to confuse things to make your point.

Here it is:

Bills gave up: 2005 1st rounder; 2004 2nd rounder; 2004 5th rounder

Bills recieved: 2004 1st rounder.

IF: (2005 1st rounder + 2004 2nd rounder + 2004 5th rounder) = 2004 1st rounder
AND: 2004 1st rounder = JP Losman
THEN: (2005 1st rounder + 2004 2nd rounder + 2004 5th rounder) = JP Losman

Seems pretty clear to me......

AmishJihad
08-16-2004, 02:58 PM
BUFFALO TRADED THEIR 2004 2ND AND 5TH ROUND PICKS FOR THE RIGHT TO USE THEIR 2005 FIRST ROUNDER ONE YEAR EARLY.

DALLAS DID NOT HAVE A 1ST ROUND PICK THIS YEAR. THEY HAVE 2 NEXT YEAR.

BUFFALO HAD 2 FIRST RD. PICKS THIS YEAR. THEY HAVE NONE NEXT YEAR.

THIS AINT ROCKET SCIENCE PEOPLE!!!

BuffRangePigpen
08-16-2004, 03:16 PM
IF: (2005 1st rounder + 2004 2nd rounder + 2004 5th rounder) = 2004 1st rounder
AND: 2004 1st rounder = JP Losman
THEN: (2005 1st rounder + 2004 2nd rounder + 2004 5th rounder) = JP Losman

Seems pretty clear to me......
Mathematically, you're thinking is very flawed.

You are treating the 1st in 2005 differently than the 1st in 2004 in your equation.

Rewriting your equation using the number for the round the pick occurs in:

1st + 2nd + 5th = 1st

2nd + 5th = 1st - 1st

1st's cancel out, and you're left with 2nd + 5th as the difference from the trade

Thankyou for proving the point. :)

Justasportsfan
08-16-2004, 03:23 PM
Be careful what you say about my boy Feeley. You'll be on the receiving end of his arm for a few years here :D

.I agree. Clements and Mcgee will be on the recieving end and will grateful for a few years . :D

Justasportsfan
08-16-2004, 03:32 PM
they are right. Losman was our 2nd 1st pick (that's 1 pick already used) plus we gave up a second and a 5th.

It's a matter of wording? All we did was trade Cowpokes 1st draft this year with our 1st pick next year and paid them a 2nd and 5th from this year for doing so.

It's not like we gave up a 2nd for a 3rd stringer from some other team :lol:

FinfanInBuffalo
08-16-2004, 03:33 PM
Mathematically, you're thinking is very flawed.

You are treating the 1st in 2005 differently than the 1st in 2004 in your equation.

Rewriting your equation using the number for the round the pick occurs in:

1st + 2nd + 5th = 1st

2nd + 5th = 1st - 1st

1st's cancel out, and you're left with 2nd + 5th as the difference from the trade

Thankyou for proving the point. :)

I'm not treating anything different. Just count the number of draft picks spent on a player:

Evans = 1 pick
Losman = 3 picks

FinfanInBuffalo
08-16-2004, 03:35 PM
I agree. Clements and Mcgee will be on the recieving end and will grateful for a few years . :D

Interesting that you didn't mention Vincent........

FinfanInBuffalo
08-16-2004, 03:39 PM
BUFFALO TRADED THEIR 2004 2ND AND 5TH ROUND PICKS FOR THE RIGHT TO USE THEIR 2005 FIRST ROUNDER ONE YEAR EARLY.

DALLAS DID NOT HAVE A 1ST ROUND PICK THIS YEAR. THEY HAVE 2 NEXT YEAR.

BUFFALO HAD 2 FIRST RD. PICKS THIS YEAR. THEY HAVE NONE NEXT YEAR.

THIS AINT ROCKET SCIENCE PEOPLE!!!

They still used 3 picks on Losman. Cut it up any way you want, it still adds up to 3.

Justasportsfan
08-16-2004, 03:43 PM
Interesting that you didn't mention Vincent........
For years to come means our future. Vincent is getting old. Mcgee will replace him when the time comes.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-16-2004, 03:44 PM
For years to come means our future. Vincent is getting old. Mcgee will replace him when the time comes.

Like in week three this year?

Justasportsfan
08-16-2004, 03:45 PM
They still used 3 picks on Losman. Cut it up any way you want, it still adds up to 3.yup, it was 3. Bills fans confuse it as giving up 3 and got nothing in return. We gave up 3 picks and got their 1st pick this year in return.

Justasportsfan
08-16-2004, 03:48 PM
Like in week three this year?
haha! Hopefully not. :mad:

Implications seem to say that when Mcgee is ready Vincent would me moved to safety. :confused:

BuffRangePigpen
08-16-2004, 03:48 PM
I'm not treating anything different. Just count the number of draft picks spent on a player:

Evans = 1 pick
Losman = 3 picks
So what's your point?

Losman = 3 picks. #22 we used plus a 2nd and a 5th.

Dallas's player X next year will = 2 picks. # whatever it turns out to be, plus the 1st they traded to Buffalo.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-16-2004, 03:49 PM
yup, it was 3. Bills fans confuse it as giving up 3 and got nothing in return. We gave up 3 picks and got their 1st pick this year in return.

Exactly.

Losman looked pretty good. He showed he can take a hit. Got his bell rung big time by a blitzing LB. Looked a little woozy but stayed in.

AmishJihad
08-16-2004, 03:50 PM
They still used 3 picks on Losman. Cut it up any way you want, it still adds up to 3.
Yes, but thats not the point were making. The point were making is that we didnt lose a 1st rounder.

Justasportsfan
08-16-2004, 03:51 PM
Exactly.

Losman looked pretty good. He showed he can take a hit. Got his bell rung big time by a blitzing LB. Looked a little woozy but stayed in.he's a year away.

Rothlesberger (i would hate to be beside Cowhart when he says that) and Henson were equally impressive .

Justasportsfan
08-16-2004, 03:53 PM
Yes, but thats not the point were making. The point were making is that we didnt lose a 1st rounder. we did lose a first rd. but what he doesn't say is that we gained it back to play w/ you . :lol: relax. You are both right.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-16-2004, 03:53 PM
Dallas's player X next year will = 2 picks. # whatever it turns out to be, plus the 1st they traded to Buffalo.

:smackhead:

NO! Dallas's player next year will have cost them their first this year minus the 2nd and 5th they received from the Bills.

Dallas started with 1 pick and will end up with three players (two chosen this year and one chosen next year),

The Bills started with three picks and ended up with one player.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-16-2004, 03:54 PM
Yes, but thats not the point were making. The point were making is that we didnt lose a 1st rounder.

No you SPENT a first rounder (and a 2nd and a 5th)

FinfanInBuffalo
08-16-2004, 03:55 PM
Rothlesberger (i would hate to be beside Cowhart when he says that)
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

tenndolfan
08-16-2004, 04:06 PM
Yes, but thats not the point were making. The point were making is that we didnt lose a 1st rounder.GOD DAM how hard is it?? you DO NOT have a first round pick next year :shakeno: you DID LOSE NEXT YEARS FIRST ROUND PICK. yes you got 2 this year at the cost of a 2nd,5th, and NEXT YEARS FIRST!!! if you did not lose a first round pick then how come the cowgirls have 2 next year?? answer you gave it to them to move up 22 spots!! so no you did not lose a first this year in fact you had 2 lee evans and j.p. losman. but next year you do not have a first so you lost a first round pick plus a 2nd an 5th comprende?? i dought it :shakeno:

AmishJihad
08-16-2004, 04:09 PM
GOD DAM how hard is it?? you DO NOT have a first round pick next year :shakeno: you DID LOSE NEXT YEARS FIRST ROUND PICK. yes you got 2 this year at the cost of a 2nd,5th, and NEXT YEARS FIRST!!! if you did not lose a first round pick then how come the cowgirls have 2 next year?? answer you gave it to them to move up 22 spots!! so no you did not lose a first this year in fact you had 2 lee evans and j.p. losman. but next year you do not have a first so you lost a first round pick plus a 2nd an 5th comprende?? i dought it :shakeno:WE DID NOT LOSE IT. WE USED IT THIS YEAR!!

COMPRENDE?? I doubt it.

Justasportsfan
08-16-2004, 04:12 PM
:eat:

tenndolfan
08-16-2004, 04:24 PM
WE DID NOT LOSE IT. WE USED IT THIS YEAR!!

COMPRENDE?? I doubt it.
did you even read the fu$$in post??

Justasportsfan
08-16-2004, 04:46 PM
Is it in the babes forum?

AmishJihad
08-16-2004, 06:13 PM
Obviously you dont understand so i'm not gonna waste more time explaining it.

:shakeno:

tenndolfan
08-16-2004, 06:44 PM
WE DID NOT LOSE IT. WE USED IT THIS YEAR!!

COMPRENDE?? I doubt it.
what you USED was the dallas cowboys number 22 selection in this years first round it was not the bills pick you guys picked 11th. the cowboys traded down with you to the second round. that pick belonged to dallas you GAVE up this years 2nd,5th, and next years first. you LOST next years first along with the 2nd and 5th to select j.p. losman in the COWBOYS slot. YOU USED THEIR (THE COWBOYS) SELECTION AND GAVE UP YOURS FOR NEXT YEAR!! if you want to look at it like you already used next years first so be it if it makes you feel better fine.

AmishJihad
08-16-2004, 07:35 PM
YOU USED THEIR (THE COWBOYS) SELECTION AND GAVE UP YOURS FOR NEXT YEAR!! if you want to look at it like you already used next years first so be it if it makes you feel better fine.
EXACTLY!!!

We used our 2005 1st rounder this year!!!

Dallas gets their 2004 1st rounder back NEXT YEAR!!

In order to take our 2005 #1 THIS YEAR, we gave them 2 picks, our 2nd rounder and 5th rounder. DALLAS HAD NO FIRST ROUND PICK THIS YEAR.

By golly I think he's got it!!!

LosmanOwns7
08-16-2004, 11:25 PM
Ya know, if there were any Jets fans looking at this thread, they'd be awfully confused.